Your favorite Psalm?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Now Jay - this thread is about your favourite Psalm, of you don't have one to share then yes, discontinue and stop disrupting the thread, too many people do that so don't be one of them.

Okay, since you want to continue this conversation, that is okay with me, but you are the one who is now, as you put it, not speaking to the subject of "Your favourite Psalm." Seems like the pot is calling the kettle black. My comments were over with Farouk's response. It is you who is poking the bear at the moment. For me, I must thank you for you are helping me increase the number of posts that I am making by responding to you.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
R.683ddad3e8de3932c2b459260c818f5d

Psalm 91 is the go-to verse for my friend who is recovering from breast cancer and an unholy host of other health problems.

Reactions: farouk and Pearl

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
These are three Rhemas God gave me for specific times in my life and they turned out to be prophecies. Psalms 37 He used 4 times during a 30 year period, always bringing it to my mind the day of or one day before the miracle happened. Psalms 51 I had memorized and I quoted it as my prayer for God to cleanse me. That night I saw a vision, and God spoke to me for the first time, and I was fully immersed in the Holy Spirit receiving many supernatural gifts, except two remaining in 1977. The last one I gave to my Pastor Jack Hayford for the church. Every year God gave the church a spripture for the coming year. I received it on Saturday night in 1978 and gave it to Jack the next day. I was one of three people who gave him the same Isaiah 61 as the scripture for the coming year.

Psalms 37
Psalms 51
Isaiah 61

Last edited:

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@farouk, do you think that people need to be pestered by you to post a favourite psalm. I would describe this behaviour on your part as touting for business. If a person has a favourite Psalm and feels led to post that favourite psalm, then they will do so prompted by God/the Holy Spirit to do so. All you are doing is simply adding to your post count and generating unnecessary posts that have to be stored on the system adding to the operating costs for the owner.

Pearl, before you start winging about me disrupting this thread with unnecessary posts, please consider the level of unnecessary posts that Farouk generates in all of the threads that he has generated and posts in, in like manner.

It's a wonder that the new owner has not already considered new measures to reduce his operating costs. Putting a stop to the practice of "touting" in a person's threads would be one way of reducing the owners operating costs.

Know what I mean?

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
R.683ddad3e8de3932c2b459260c818f5d

Psalm 91 is the go-to verse for my friend who is recovering from breast cancer and an unholy host of other health problems.
@Lambano Great background for a searching Psalm! do keep up the posting! :)

The Psalms are amazing: the highs, the lows, the extremes of emotion, the Messianic content, the faith.................

Good how some verse displays have photos or paintings that seem to complement the searching points of the Psalm quote being presented.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Psalms 103:8-14 KJV
8) The LORD is merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and plenteous in mercy.
9) He will not always chide: neither will he keep his anger for ever.
10) He hath not dealt with us after our sins; nor rewarded us according to our iniquities.
11) For as the heaven is high above the earth, so great is his mercy toward them that fear him.
12) As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us.
13) Like as a father pitieth his children, so the LORD pitieth them that fear him.
14) For he knoweth our frame; he remembereth that we are dust.

Much love!

Reactions: Pearl

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Psalms 103:8-14 KJV
8) The LORD is merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and plenteous in mercy.
9) He will not always chide: neither will he keep his anger for ever.
10) He hath not dealt with us after our sins; nor rewarded us according to our iniquities.
11) For as the heaven is high above the earth, so great is his mercy toward them that fear him.
12) As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us.
13) Like as a father pitieth his children, so the LORD pitieth them that fear him.
14) For he knoweth our frame; he remembereth that we are dust.

Much love!
One of my favourite passages is those last two lines:

Psalm 103:13-14

As a father has compassion on his children, so the Lord has compassion on those who fear him;
for he knows how we are formed, he remembers that we are dust.

Reactions: marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One of my favourite passages is those last two lines:

Psalm 103:13-14

As a father has compassion on his children, so the Lord has compassion on those who fear him;
for he knows how we are formed, he remembers that we are dust.
That's where my heart goes also.

Much love!

Reactions: Pearl

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Psa 1:1 BLESSED (HAPPY, fortunate, prosperous, and enviable) is the man who walks and lives not in the counsel of the ungodly [following their advice, their plans and purposes], nor stands [submissive and inactive] in the path where sinners walk, nor sits down [to relax and rest] where the scornful [and the mockers] gather.

Psa 1:2 But his delight and desire are in the law of the Lord, and on His law (the precepts, the instructions, the teachings of God) he habitually meditates (ponders and studies) by day and by night. [Rom_13:8-10; Gal_3:1-29; 2Ti_3:16]

Psa 1:3 And he shall be like a tree firmly planted [and tended] by the streams of water, ready to bring forth its fruit in its season; its leaf also shall not fade or wither; and everything he does shall prosper [and come to maturity]. [Jer_17:7-8]

From the AMP.