Your favorite Psalm?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Psalms_51-12.jpg

Reactions: Lambano

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello,

Psalms 92:13-14

Those who are planted in the house of the Lord
Shall flourish in the courts of our God.
They shall still bear fruit in old age;
They shall be fresh and flourishing,

Reactions: farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Hello,

Psalms 92:13-14

Those who are planted in the house of the Lord
Shall flourish in the courts of our God.
They shall still bear fruit in old age;
They shall be fresh and flourishing,
Thanks, @Rockerduck , for your contrib... :)

Similar to Psalm 1:3, right?

"And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper."

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
With the sun and the lovely autumn colours of my gorgeous aver tree, today it has to be this one:
Psalm 16:6
The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritance.

1668002204952.png

Reactions: farouk

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi @The PuP FYI.............thread I started...............

Sounds like you are touting for a pat on the back for starting so many threads. I have noticed that this is a trend of yours where you want the acknowledgement of having started the thread in question. A humble person would simply be glad and remain quiet and let the thread take its course as others join in.

Not every thread or point of view that you have championed has been worth the read or presented something worthwhile.

God in Ez. 38:8, when considering and understanding the source language, tells Israel, that He, God, will gather them from among the nations that hate them because of the religion of "Israel." This is the same religion that, as Christians, we also adhere too. Are you happy to adhere to a religion, where the "gentiles" who live around us hate us for that religion, where Christ is the Son of God, who died for the sins of all of the people, if they repent and accept that Jesus is the Son of God.

There is a fine line to walk as "Christians" where our focus should be on the Things of God and not on our own "glory."

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Sounds like you are touting for a pat on the back for starting so many threads. I have noticed that this is a trend of yours where you want the acknowledgement of having started the thread in question. A humble person would simply be glad and remain quiet and let the thread take its course as others join in.

Not every thread or point of view that you have championed has been worth the read or presented something worthwhile.

God in Ez. 38:8, when considering and understanding the source language, tells Israel, that He, God, will gather them from among the nations that hate them because of the religion of "Israel." This is the same religion that, as Christians, we also adhere too. Are you happy to adhere to a religion, where the "gentiles" who live around us hate us for that religion, where Christ is the Son of God, who died for the sins of all of the people, if they repent and accept that Jesus is the Son of God.

There is a fine line to walk as "Christians" where our focus should be on the Things of God and not on our own "glory."
Ppl can forget me - good point made there -.

I'm really happy for ppl to post Psalms here. Such a searching and encouraging source of quote's from God's Word.

Thanks.

Reactions: Pisteuo

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

This is not the place for that. It is an encouraging thread for people who want to encourage rather than complain. And it's good to include new members of the site.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
This is not the place for that. It is an encouraging thread for people who want to encourage rather than complain. And it's good to include new members of the site.

Fair enough Pearl, but the message was received by Farouk and acknowledged. The message of encouragement that I included in that post was that we, as Christians, will be hated for our belief in Christ. Even Jesus picked up on this point from Ezekiel. We all need a balanced understanding as to what is our lot in the future as well as what is occurring during this present time.

A rose garden is also a garden of thorns. You cannot have one without the other unless we modify the rose bushes not to have thorns, but that is unnatural.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Fair enough Pearl, but the message was received by Farouk and acknowledged. The message of encouragement that I included in that post was that we, as Christians, will be hated for our belief in Christ. Even Jesus picked up on this point from Ezekiel. We all need a balanced understanding as to what is our lot in the future as well as what is occurring during this present time.

A rose garden is also a garden of thorns. You cannot have one without the other unless we modify the rose bushes not to have thorns, but that is unnatural.
You didn

Yet again this is a thread for sharing favourite psalms. Farouk just wants to be encouraging, as do many of us, but you talk about being hated. I'm sure you can start a new thread of your own about that and not hi-jack other's threads. And you haven't said what you favourite psalm is.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Pearl

Perhaps you want me to find a psalm which says the same thing? I can, but since you want to hear and read warm and fuzzy things, I will leave what I had posted stand. What I was paraphrasing can be found in Ezekiel 38:8 but it requires us to have eyes to see and ears to hear what the verse is actually saying because we must understand the metaphorical language used.

Shalom

PS: - I did get your message, and I responded accordingly. I am happy to discontinue this conversation between us. Are you happy to do likewise?