Your Power is in Your Saying and Believing Jessie Duplantis

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
During our married life, we have probably given away a quarter of a million dollars. In that time, we have never had a new car, (we finally just bought a two-year old car... "new" to us) still live in the same 1,200 sq ft house I owned when we got married, have no swimming pool or anything like that, and have yet to take a real vacation. But, as was promised, we have always had enough to live comfortably. Betting on payouts to televangelists is something I don't see in the Bible.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm sorry, but if I give — expecting to reap a profit from that giving — to me, that is nothing short of trying to bargain with God to get a profit.
I did imply nor suggest that you give expecting to receive....I just simply stated you planted good seed....and it will grow and come back to you in whatever way God chooses.
If you plant evil seed do you think that it will return evil or good? As scripture says we reap what we sow.

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I did imply nor suggest that you give expecting to receive....I just simply stated you planted good seed....and it will grow and come back to you in whatever way God chooses.
If you plant evil seed do you think that it will return evil or good? As scripture says we reap what we sow.
I apologize. I know you didn't mean it that way, but, to my mind, televangelists have thoroughly corrupted the intent of the word, "seed."

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I apologize. I know you didn't mean it that way, but, to my mind, televangelists have thoroughly corrupted the intent of the word, "seed."
I need to watch my spellcheck....glad you read my intent. Lol
God Bless!

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is "seed" to grow our pile of coins, or to grow the kingdom?
To supply our every need and to continue to be a blessing to those in need. Growing the kingdom by planting His Word is another good seed! Some plant, others water, but God gives the increase! Amen!

Reactions: Giuliano

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scripture warns us about preachers who eat the fat of the people for their own gain and do not feed the sheep.
In Mike Murdock's younger days I was veey blessed by his wisdom teaching....
Now he constantly says that God said their would be 100 viewers who would sow 1000 dollars...or something like that. Sad to see him lose his way.

I know a church, Twin Oaks Baptist, the preacher there gets paid that same as the Apostles and he is happy.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, Benny Hinn said he's seen the light.

Benny Hinn renounces prosperity gospel, says ‘Holy Ghost is just fed up with it’

Declaring that the “Holy Ghost is just fed up with it,” controversial televangelist Benny Hinn, formerly one of the most aggressive proponents of the prosperity gospel, has for the first time in his career, delivered a full-throated rejection of the practice that made him and his family millions.

The prosperity gospel teaches, among other things, that believers have a right to the blessings of health and wealth, and they can obtain these blessings through positive confessions of faith and the "sowing of seeds" through the faithful payments of tithes and offerings.

It took the Holy Ghost a long time to get through on that point, didn't it?

“When they invite me to telethons I think they will not like me anymore. Because when you look at the word of God … if I hear one more time, break the back of debt with $1,000, I’m gonna rebuke them. I think that’s buying the Gospel. That’s buying the blessing. That’s grieving the Holy Spirit. … If you are not giving because you love Jesus, don’t bother giving,” Hinn argued. “I think giving has become such a gimmick; it’s making me sick to my stomach.”

He's been grieving the Holy Spirit for how long and only now figured it out? It gets more interesting though:

Hinn’s outright rejection of the prosperity gospel comes just two months after his nephew, Costi Hinn, revealed in his new book, God, Greed, and the (Prosperity) Gospel: How Truth Overwhelms a Life Built on Lies, how his family exploited millions around the world with the prosperity gospel and often traded so-called miracles for money.

Reactions: Waiting on him

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Benny Hinn's net worth is now 42 million. Of course he can quit pushing it today when it is backfiring in his face.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm sorry, but if I give — expecting to reap a profit from that giving — to me, that is nothing short of trying to bargain with God to get a profit.
It takes the joy out of it too. Giving for the sake of giving can be a pleasure in itself. You already got a reward out of the joy of giving. Who needs any more reward?

I've heard it said that God rewards us for doing a good deed by giving us more chances to do good deeds. . . .

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The "deal" has been made and we can choose to accept it or reject it.
Luke 6:38 Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal, it shall be measured to you again.
I wonder why Paul was always naked cold and hungry not even having the essentials ?

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wonder why Paul was always naked cold and hungry not even having the essentials ?
Because he chose to bear Christ's burdens.
He chose to suffer as Jesus did, to forsake all and take up his cross and follow Jesus.

Reactions: amadeus