Your Power is in Your Saying and Believing Jessie Duplantis

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I will look at the whole passage, but taking one verse from Deuteronomy isn’t really proof of the whole doctrine of sickness and poverty not bringing Glory to God or not being necessary for a Godly life.
How do you relate to Paul’s thorn in the side - being used by God to stop him from being conceited - in other words God used illness, issue..........
Also Paul had learned to be content in all circumstances , in want and in plenty , free or imprisoned , that means after he came to faith the Lord allowed him to be poor, free, Imprisoned and in plenty and he grew to be content within that - Paul most certainly brought Glory to God .......and the negative experiences were certainly necessary in order to teach Paul to be content and also, not to think to highly of himself.
Rita
wouldnt surprise me if Paul's "thorn" turned out to be sycophants tbh, young women throwing themselves at him and whatnot, dunno though

R

Rita

Paul's thorn was attacks from satan==read and learn==Paul himself plainly states that this thorn in the flesh was given to him by a “messenger of Satan”
It was still something that ailed him - he still prayed for it to be taken away from him , and God refused.
If you read the first chapter of Job, it is quite clear that God knew all about the afflictions that would come upon Job......if you do not believe that poverty or sickness ( which implies suffering ) then regardless of the source or what the issue was, he still suffered and was not released from it, and it still had a Godly purpose.
Once agin you have only acknowledge part of my post - and you have still not addressed the issues I brought up earlier about Solomon x
Sickness can be attacks from Satan .....
Rita

Reactions: amadeus

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey! Those that choose not to believe and to reject God's blessings and gifts must do without.

R

Rita

Hey! Those that choose not to believe and to reject God's blessings and gifts must do without.
That is just a cop out answer ..........you presume , like many, that money brings the most blessings in this world- it can and does create a whole load of suffering in and of itself.
Anyway, I am very blessed and receive many gifts from the Lord xxxx

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wonderful! If you have God's blessing and the gift of health and property thank and praise God.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sickness and disease are a curse. Poverty is a curse not a blessing. Deuteronomy 28:17-17, 38-40,
What of the people born into poverty in countries like Haiti and Bangladesh where there are no opportunities like the ones we have by our birth in a wealthy place like the USA? Did God curse them for naught?

Consider the testimonies of people like Corrie Ten Boom and her family in Holland. Her father and sister gave from their heart all that they had to save Jews and others pursued and persecuted by the Nazis. They died at the hands of the Nazis in concentration camps with no more of worldly goods than the clothes on their back. But they really were rich, not in money because they had spent all to help others... This was their reward, but it was not on deposit at Bank of America or Wells Fargo nor was invested in a beautiful home with all of the trimmings. They were blessed to lived with the fleas... I wonder if we could do that, Be blessed by the presence to fleas? Or would we be wanting to call the pest control people? Maybe this is talking about another kingdom! Help us dear Lord!

Last edited:
Reactions: Rita

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It isn't making a deal with God...it is His Word...for what you do for others He will do for you.
Nope, it's covetousness, which is idolatry (Colossians 3:5) and a distortion of the gospel. It has no place in biblical Christianity.

Reactions: Rita

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Beware!! There is a high cost for slandering a member of God's family!
There is a higher cost for slandering his gospel, as Duplantis and other prosperity proponents are doing in this very thread.

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Malachi 3:10 Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.

Malachi 3:11 And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, and he shall not destroy the fruits of your ground; neither shall your vine cast her fruit before the time in the field, saith the LORD of hosts.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nope, it's covetousness, which is idolatry (Colossians 3:5) and a distortion of the gospel. It has no place in biblical Christianity.
Explain how it is covetousness....if you would, please.

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If only Peter knew it wasn't God's will for him to suffer:

I
2012-09-28-osteen-and-peter.png

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
I'm sorry, but if I give — expecting to reap a profit from that giving — to me, that is nothing short of trying to bargain with God to get a profit.
Yes, and this also highlights human selfishness, even expecting an eternal reward is still selfish. Most every motivation humans have is selfish.

Reactions: Heart2Soul