your valued opinion

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

woody2404

May 13, 2011
Dear fellow Christians, I have just completed my first ever book which I am very excited about. It is a book for online Christian dater's - a step by step guide on how to develop the right mindset and how to build a successful profile.

In order to make my book more saleable I urgently need testimonials from Christian readers, so I am appealing for your help by reading my book (160 pages) and letting me know if you liked it or not - what you liked about and how it would help you. All you have to do is email me [email protected] and I will email you a copy.

God bless, and thanks in advance.

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
You might get more responses if we don't have to download something..............

I don't get viruses since I would not download something with Microsoft. Another Christian forum right now has a virus on it. But when I want carefree browsing as opposed to walking on eggshells, I can use Linux live CD, Android, Mac or something. But besides my other OS's that don't get viruses like Microsoft's flimsy OS, I really don't feel like reading today. :lol:

WhiteKnuckle

Mar 29, 2009
I don't get viruses since I would not download something with Microsoft. Another Christian forum right now has a virus on it. But when I want carefree browsing as opposed to walking on eggshells, I can use Linux live CD, Android, Mac or something. But besides my other OS's that don't get viruses like Microsoft's flimsy OS, I really don't feel like reading today. :lol:

I've been wanting to switch to linux, but, I don't understand it at all, and don't have alot of time to learn. I think next time I'm going with a MAC. You're definately right about Microsoft.

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
I've been wanting to switch to linux, but, I don't understand it at all, and don't have alot of time to learn. I think next time I'm going with a MAC. You're definately right about Microsoft.

I have experience with Linux live CD, but another fellow where I work said to try Ubuntu (Linux distribution). It's very user friendly and windows-like intuitively. As a matter of fact, besides downloading it, I think the local tech stores, I forget if it's Target or Office Max carries the most recent version for a modest price and you can even get a computer with it loaded on for you.

Right now I have 2 aging computers with Microsoft. The one here my wife needs to run her doctor's software, so we're kind of trapped in that regards. My other computer upstairs has XP Pro and is not having problems at the moment, but next major event Linux will get permanently installed. But we have smaller devices (netbooks, etc) with Android and my wife acquired my son's Mac notebook after she got a nasty virus on the Microsoft laptop. He just wanted a new one but there was nothing wrong with it.

Both my sons have Macs and in the 3 or so years they had them there was NEVER a virus problem. I used to have a gullible brother-in-law who mindlessly clicked on everything and forwarded emails to the family and everyone was getting a virus. Finally my smart sister-in-law was tired of cleaning up the PC from viruses all the time and got him a Mac. He never got a virus again--- and he was and still is as sloppy as they come.

If you can afford a Mac, then I say go for it as well as it is also great OS. I cannot understand people's mindless devotion to Microsoft.
When I pay good money for an OS, I expect it to work. People boast that Microsoft can do some things other OS's can't do, but IMO it's minimal. As a comparison, how would you want to hire the "best worker" with "extraordinary skills" only to have him out sick every other day? How about a dependable employee instead with slightly less skills who is always there? I think hiring the second, dependable one is a no-brainer. I rather have dependability and slightly less, than all kinds of bells and whistles but it does not work right half the time.

But I'm preaching to the choir. I'm glad you are one who sees it the same way.