Ziggy's Coffee Barista

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Mr E just checking that you're hanging in there. I heard the storms in Cali are bad, not sure how it's hitting your area. Praying for you and California!

Thanks dev. We are so blessed. We received 5 or 6’ of snow at our cabin that will help fill the lake that is presently about 13’ below capacity.

In San Diego we’ve had no serious flooding, rather the rains here too have done wonders for local lake levels.

It’s different in Nor Cal— where we got 6’ of snow they got 16 in ski areas like Tahoe and Mammoth. Floods and slides of mud are of concern for ravines and cliff side homes.

Thanks for asking. In general even our ‘worst’ storms are welcome ones and don’t much compare with issues elsewhere.

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks dev. We are so blessed. We received 5 or 6’ of snow at our cabin that will help fill the lake that is presently about 13’ below capacity.

In San Diego we’ve had no serious flooding, rather the rains here too have done wonders for local lake levels.

It’s different in Nor Cal— where we got 6’ of snow they got 16 in ski areas like Tahoe and Mammoth. Floods and slides of mud are of concern for ravines and cliff side homes.

Thanks for asking. In general even our ‘worst’ storms are welcome ones and don’t much compare with issues elsewhere.
Great, glad to hear your not in the San Bernardino mts.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's where the cabin is.
I lived in San Diego and San Bernardino. When I first moved down there I was in San Bernardino during one of the heavy rains and the street turned into a river. I drove my car thru it which was stupid, but I made it thru. Whew.

• Haha
Reactions: Mr E

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I had an energy drink today. Picked up a couple from the store. Coffee gives me headaches sometimes, but energy drinks don't. They have the caffeine dose of about a dark Columbian brew from Starbucks.

It doesn't seem to affect my psychi either, heart's beating like I'm a star athlete:

maxresdefault.jpg

Reactions: Ziggy and Mr E

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I had an energy drink today. Picked up a couple from the store. Coffee gives me headaches sometimes, but energy drinks don't. They have the caffeine dose of about a dark Columbian brew from Starbucks.

It doesn't seem to affect my psychi either, heart's beating like I'm a star athlete:

maxresdefault.jpg
Isn't energy drinks bad in the long run?

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isn't energy drinks bad in the long run?
They're probably better for you than coffee. If you drink a lot of energy drinks they can be bad for you. They have about as much caffeine as a dark roast from Starbucks. I only drink them perhaps once a week.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
They're probably better for you than coffee. If you drink a lot of energy drinks they can be bad for you. They have about as much caffeine as a dark roast from Starbucks. I only drink them perhaps once a week.
Looking for a healthy protein drink--any suggestions? Still do exercises with heavy weights at my age.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Looking for a healthy protein drink--any suggestions? Still do exercises with heavy weights at my age.
My nephew buys Whey protein powder packages and just mixes his own. You can put all kinds of fruit in them to make them taste even better. Just pick up some protein powder maybe.

I tried it when I was younger and lifting weights. I have a slight body reaction to wheat though. And the whey protein made me feel ill. But if you don't have a problem with wheat you should be good. I read once that Arnold Swartzenhagger got big on eating pancakes, so it must work.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
My nephew buys Whey protein powder packages and just mixes his own. You can put all kinds of fruit in them to make them taste even better. Just pick up some protein powder maybe.

I tried it when I was younger and lifting weights. I have a slight body reaction to wheat though. And the whey protein made me feel ill. But if you don't have a problem with wheat you should be good. I read once that Arnold Swartzenhagger got big on eating pancakes, so it must work.
yes, Whey have a tendency to bloat--there should be other protein products in powder form other than Whey.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yes, Whey have a tendency to bloat--there should be other protein products in powder form other than Whey.
Don't know about drinks, but when I used to lift weights I would eat rice, tuna and cream of mushroom soup. It was really good for the workout. Made me really strong. Just have a normal serving amount of rice, a can a tuna, and a half can of cream of mushroom soup, add seasoning and your ready to bulk up while not putting fat on your body.

Reactions: Johann

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are also cream of celery that goes well with tuna and rice.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa

yes, Whey have a tendency to bloat--there should be other protein products in powe
There are also cream of celery that goes well with tuna and rice.
I have my oats in the morning, and midday pasta, rice and chicken, don't eat bread, white or brown, cut out sugars and have bought Purified Protein in powder form, I also don't like coffee or tea, and believe it or not, picking up weight--but I do feel lethargic--no real motivation to bench press 150 kg like 6-8 sets x12-15 reps--so I am doing "light weights" with say 4 sets x 7-8 reps per body part and still experimenting light and heavy with super sets or compound moves.

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yes, Whey have a tendency to bloat--there should be other protein products in powe

I have my oats in the morning, and midday pasta, rice and chicken, don't eat bread, white or brown, cut out sugars and have bought Purified Protein in powder form, I also don't like coffee or tea, and believe it or not, picking up weight--but I do feel lethargic--no real motivation to bench press 150 kg like 6-8 sets x12-15 reps--so I am doing "light weights" with say 4 sets x 7-8 reps per body part and still experimenting light and heavy with super sets or compound moves.
I quit working out when I got on my meds. They make me lethargic. I used to run 3 miles a day with tons of energy. But that was back when I was 30 years old.

Meats that are good for workout are steak, chicken, and fish. They are fairly high in protein. I love putting soy sauce on chicken and steak. Makes it super tasty.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I quit working out when I got on my meds. They make me lethargic. I used to run 3 miles a day with tons of energy. But that was back when I was 30 years old.

Meats that are good for workout are steak, chicken, and fish. They are fairly high in protein. I love putting soy sauce on chicken and steak. Makes it super tasty.
Would tin fish be OK? Without oil?