Ziggy's Coffee Barista

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
iu

:D
Now that's more like it . . .

Reactions: Ziggy

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Thank for sharing your memory of Weymouth. I don't understand the bit about the napkin.
I didn’t understand about the napkin either ………i fancy Kentucky fried chicken now ( haven’t had that in a long time ) . It’s been sunny down in the south Pearl , it started to rain on my way home from work.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I didn’t understand about the napkin either ………i fancy Kentucky fried chicken now ( haven’t had that in a long time ) . It’s been sunny down in the south Pearl , it started to rain on my way home from work.
@Rita When I was in London I saw a "Kenssy Fried Chicken"; (I wondered if it was an attempt to play on Kentucky Fried Chicken?)

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@Rita When I was in London I saw a "Kenssy Fried Chicken"; (I wondered if it was an attempt to play on Kentucky Fried Chicken?)
Yes, could be. They have other fried chicken shops with a variety of names, but Kentucky fried chicken is still quite popular - we have a few in Brighton

Reactions: farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Yes, could be. They have other fried chicken shops with a variety of names, but Kentucky fried chicken is still quite popular - we have a few in Brighton
@Rita When I was over there years ago, I ate in London a lot more than in Brighton, though I know both places. I was a bit intrigued by the Kenssy Fried; over here big corporations are very much into litigation if they think that someone else's trade name is too close to their own. (Almost a sue now; reason later, type of attitude...)

Reactions: Rita

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Maybe I misunderstood the waitress....it has been a while back....maybe I remembered wrong.

What does serviette mean in England.
In England, the word 'napkin' is typically used to describe a feminine hygiene product (sanitary napkin). Although most people are aware of the double usage of the word, in London, the word 'serviette' is preferred in a restaurant or eating establishment.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For you late nighter or early morningers,
I have some midnight snacks.
You all have a pleasant evening
And I hope to see you all for coffee in the morning.
Love You All
G'Night
Hugs

iu

Reactions: Truman

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Maybe I misunderstood the waitress....it has been a while back....maybe I remembered wrong.

What does serviette mean in England.
In England, the word 'napkin' is typically used to describe a feminine hygiene product (sanitary napkin). Although most people are aware of the double usage of the word, in London, the word 'serviette' is preferred in a restaurant or eating establishment.
I have never called a sanitary towel a napkin, but maybe they use to in different places. Yes we tend to use the word serviette, but most people would know what you were asking for if you said napkin. I just looked into it and the same thing happened to someone else, but this time in London. It can be used to describe a sanitary towel ……but it’s new to me !!
Rita

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I have never called a sanitary towel a napkin, but maybe they use to in different places. Yes we tend to use the word serviette, but most people would know what you were asking for if you said napkin. I just looked into it and the same thing happened to someone else, but this time in London. It can be used to describe a sanitary towel ……but it’s new to me !!
Rita
In Canada, a napkin is what you use when you eat. What the women use are usually called pads, I think. It's been a long time since I had to buy some. Hey, don't look at me like that, I was devoted. And then she voted me out of office. Then I dropped out of politics.
Life's been peaceful, despite being in pain 24/7! Lol

Reactions: Pearl and Rita