Circumcision Without Hands

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Webers_Home

Apr 12, 2012
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just think what a huge advantage it would be if folks could go to Heaven as
someone like Jesus instead of going there as themselves. Tell me that
wouldn't be the cat's meow. Well; God has made it possible for that to
happen.

2Pet 1:3-4 . . His divine power has given us everything we need for life and
godliness through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and
goodness. Through these He has given us his very great and precious
promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature and
escape the corruption in the world caused by evil desires.
_

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The circumcision without hands is part of it, so what is that?
Thanks for clarifying that maam. Continuing on with the passages identifies the context:
(Colossians 2:11-15) . . .By your relationship with him, you were also circumcised with a circumcision performed without hands by stripping off the fleshly body, by the circumcision that belongs to the Christ. 12 For you were buried with him in his baptism, and by your relationship with him you were also raised up together through your faith in the powerful work of God, who raised him up from the dead. 13 Furthermore, though you were dead in your trespasses and in the uncircumcised state of your flesh, God made you alive together with him. He kindly forgave us all our trespasses 14 and erased the handwritten document that consisted of decrees and was in opposition to us.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks for clarifying that maam. Continuing on with the passages identifies the context:
(Colossians 2:11-15) . . .By your relationship with him, you were also circumcised with a circumcision performed without hands by stripping off the fleshly body, by the circumcision that belongs to the Christ. 12 For you were buried with him in his baptism, and by your relationship with him you were also raised up together through your faith in the powerful work of God, who raised him up from the dead. 13 Furthermore, though you were dead in your trespasses and in the uncircumcised state of your flesh, God made you alive together with him. He kindly forgave us all our trespasses 14 and erased the handwritten document that consisted of decrees and was in opposition to us.
Keep reading Robert. Yes, part of what is removed is the desire to sin and break one of the major commandments. What else?

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just think what a huge advantage it would be if folks could go to Heaven as
someone like Jesus instead of going there as themselves. Tell me that
wouldn't be the cat's meow. Well; God has made it possible for that to
happen.

2Pet 1:3-4 . . His divine power has given us everything we need for life and
godliness through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and
goodness. Through these He has given us his very great and precious
promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature and
escape the corruption in the world caused by evil desires.
_
That's one of my favorite passages. Read the whole context: 2 Peter 1:2-11. There is a doctrine of demons that many quote saying we will always be sinners until our body dies. Demons want you to sin all your life so they gottcha! But Jesus came to take away our sin, and IN Him there is no sins unto death - 10 commandments. The desire to commit murder, stealing, etc. is not there. Its gone! All we have left are immature fruit to mature in verses 5-7. Those are sins NOT UNTO DEATH, And 10-11 says when you do that you will never stumble - NOW.

When we are born again of the Spirit Jesus makes us sinless/RIGHTEOUS. But not yet perfect. So it is a lie that I believe in sinless perfection when we are first saved. NO! The fruit have to all become mature so you will never stumble, and then you are also perfect/HOLY. Not before. And that can take a lifetime, but possible during our life if our mind is stayed on Him, not after we die. When we die, whatever stage we are in we will stay. Revelation 22:11.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
.....what do you think qualifies a major commandment?
One that if committed required death in the Old Covenant. Sinners are still under that law. One guy was picking up sticks on the Sabbath and they stoned him to death. The Sabbath was part of the Old Covenant Ten Commandments. Read Numbers 15:22-29 to see sins NOT unto death, and then read the story I just told you from 30-36.

Jesus takes away our desire to break one of these major sins. That is part of the circumcision without hands. The minor sins called trespasses that we commit against each other are due to immature fruit. Those are sins NOT unto death. John 15 shows Jesus pruning fruit branches to bear better fruit. He's not too pleased with those who never grow in love as that is His own second commandment 1 John 3:23-24.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
One that if committed required death in the Old Covenant. Sinners are still under that law. One guy was picking up sticks on the Sabbath and they stoned him to death. The Sabbath was part of the Old Covenant Ten Commandments. Read Numbers 15:22-29 to see sins NOT unto death, and then read the story I just told you from 30-36.

Jesus takes away our desire to break one of these major sins. That is part of the circumcision without hands. The minor sins called trespasses that we commit against each other are due to immature fruit. Those are sins NOT unto death. John 15 shows Jesus pruning fruit branches to bear better fruit. He's not too pleased with those who never grow in love as that is His own second commandment 1 John 3:23-24.
so you would participate in stoning someone to death for breaking the Sabbath?

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so you would participate in stoning someone to death for breaking the Sabbath?
The old law is for sinners. I'm not under that law because Jesus made me sinless.
I'm under the commandments of Jesus. However, I'm not against the death penalty for some crimes against humanity.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The old law is for sinners. I'm not under that law because Jesus made me sinless.
I'm under the commandments of Jesus. However, I'm not against the death penalty for some crimes against humanity.
Nevertheless you would participate in the stoning?

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see, so you would disobey the commandment of stoning the Sabbath breaker yet you would approve of others doing it?
As I said, I'm not under that law, Jesus made me exempt and put a deeper law in my heart to obey with His own power. I'll let the dead bury the dead.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
As I said, I'm not under that law, Jesus made me exempt and put a deeper law in my heart to obey with His own power. I'll let the dead bury the dead.
yet you would still approve of others doing the stoning?

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
s
No, because that was the letter of the law. God has replaced that with the Spirit of the Sabbath - abiding in Jesus, the Lord of the Sabbath.
So stoning a sabbath breaker was not a major commandment as you said earlier?

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
s

So stoning a sabbath breaker was not a major commandment as you said earlier?
It was in the Old Testament when the Jews were under the Law, because they still had their sin nature that Jesus cleansed of all the major sins. All that is left is growing in the fruit of the Spirit.

Webers_Home

Apr 12, 2012
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1John 3:9 . . No one who is born of God practices sin, because His seed
abides in him; and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

Does that apply to born again Christians? No.

1John 1:8-10 . . If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and
the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will
forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. If we claim we
have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word has no place in
our lives.

The thing is: God has only one direct descendant. i.e. one biological son, so
to speak (John 1:18, John 1:14, John 3:16, John 3:18, and 1John 4:9)
whereas born again Christians are God's handiwork, i.e. His creations (2Cor
5:17, Eph 2:10, Eph 4:24, and Col 3:10)

Jesus is a home-born son of God, whereas born again Christians are taken

under God's wing via adoption rather than reproduction. (Rom 8:15, Gal 4:5,
Eph 1:5)
_

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1John 3:9 . . No one who is born of God practices sin, because His seed
abides in him; and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

Does that apply to born again Christians? No.
Yes it does. BTW, practices is not in there. It is commit - that means we can't sin a major sin of lawlessness even once.

1John 1:8-10 . . If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and
the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will
forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. If we claim we
have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word has no place in
our lives.

As I said, even a baby has Satan's influence born into them, so if you say you don't sin never having repented you are a liar because "all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. The next verse is HOW TO BECOME A CHRISTIAN WITHOUT SIN! We are cleansed of ALL UNRIGHTEOUSNESS, so how much sin is left? Are we still a liar if we tell the truth that Jesus took away my sin? 1 John 3:5; 1 John 3:9

Status
Not open for further replies.