‘Saved by grace’ is probably the biggest Christian nonsense

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Romanov2488

Jul 20, 2022
Charlotte
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
When we mock/ misrepresent that which we don't understand, it has the appearance of sophistication, it might even elicit a standing ovation but what it does in the psych is insidiously poison.
Are you saying you wouldn’t mock those who believe in the Tooth Fairy? Does it mean you don’t understand the Tooth Fairy if you mock it?

Maybe you’re right. We shouldn’t mock people who believe in God or the Tooth Fairy. We should instead treat it as an illness and have some compassion for these people. We just need to realize that some of us are intellectually bankrupt and there’s nothing that can be done about it.

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
A pedophile molests a child who is atheist or lgbt. In fact there was a child raped at 10 who went and got an abortion. The pedophile later repents and ‘finds Jesus’. The pedophile is now ‘saved’ but the rape victim is not?

Why is this tenet of Christianity so disgusting? Is this seriously the type of critical thinking believers exude? Why is a supreme being so needy and desperate for recognition?

Is this the part where ‘God works in mysterious ways’?
You are overlooking that the pedophile no longer wants to molest.

That does not mean the molestation did not happen, but it is still a great comfort to the one who was molested (that the pedophile no longer wants to molest).

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Are you saying you wouldn’t mock those who believe in the Tooth Fairy? Does it mean you don’t understand the Tooth Fairy if you mock it?

Maybe you’re right. We shouldn’t mock people who believe in God or the Tooth Fairy. We should instead treat it as an illness and have some compassion for these people. We just need to realize that some of us are intellectually bankrupt and there’s nothing that can be done about it.
you mean, as condescension drips from ones lips?

Romanov2488

Jul 20, 2022
Charlotte
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
You are overlooking that the pedophile no longer wants to molest.

That does not mean the molestation did not happen, but it is still a great comfort to the one who was molested (that the pedophile no longer wants to molest).
Ok, then I can say you are overlooking that there‘s nonbelievers who live lives full of integrity and not committing any crimes, therefore not a big deal if they don’t accept your Jesus. See how that works?

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Na, that’s just a cop out to remain trapped with a low level of self-esteem. Lumping pedophiles and rape victims together, pure bullocks.

Christians have such a low view of themselves, constantly having to look over their shoulder uncertain if their overlord will forgive them or not.

“If one repents and falls on his knees”
You mean if one kisses ass and falls to his knees for the invisible man? Belief in God has been the perfect control tactic all throughout humanity. Perhaps belief in God is really what the Original Sin is.

VagueKeyDoctorfish-max-1mb-2.gif

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
But it’s not condescending seeing every unbeliever as ‘lost’ or ‘blind’ or ‘destined for hell’ who don’t partake in your delusion?
Not everyone who cries 'wolf' is a bone fide watchman.

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Ok, then I can say you are overlooking that there‘s nonbelievers who live lives full of integrity and not committing any crimes, therefore not a big deal if they don’t accept your Jesus. See how that works?
Jesus Himself said "there will be people who join me in Heaven, who have nothing to do with the faith others expect" (Matthew 8:11)

You can say "I don't believe in Jesus" all you like, that's not the required fact, to do the will of God. I'm not saying it doesn't help, I'm just saying if you thought you knew how to contradict the faith, simply because you don't believe it, you would be greatly mistaken.

Reactions: Nancy

M3n0r4h

Jun 3, 2023
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A pedophile molests a child who is atheist or lgbt. In fact there was a child raped at 10 who went and got an abortion. The pedophile later repents and ‘finds Jesus’. The pedophile is now ‘saved’ but the rape victim is not?

Why is this tenet of Christianity so disgusting? Is this seriously the type of critical thinking believers exude? Why is a supreme being so needy and desperate for recognition?

much of today's modern mainstream Christianity (the outer skin - if you will) is absolute nonsense.

but that doesn't make the True Faith a fraud. those who diligently study the entire Bible discover a much different Faith than what is presented to the masses.

almost all of what is picked up by those of "other faith" is the menagerie of lies fabricated to satisfy the masses; to welcome all comers into the churches where they can be comfortable and entertained and never have to face their actual sins and the aspects of their lifestyle that places them miles apart from God Almighty.

Paul was a pretty awful dude, and even a murderer, before God converted him, but Paul did it all with a passion for God Almighty and what he believed at the time was loyal service to Him.

I have a real hard time believing God would select a child-raping pedophile to represent Him.

I dunno - just a hunch.

just because somebody goes to a church, or says the "sinner's prayer" or even gets baptized, does not at all mean God has saved them and granted them access to the most holy realm in existence where all the most holy beings reside.

if Matt. 7:21-23 exists in Scripture, we can pretty well rest assured that child rapists will not be passing through the Pearly Gates.

ever.

and let's not forget Matt. 18:6; Mark 9:42; Luke 17:2.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Na, that’s just a cop out to remain trapped with a low level of self-esteem. Lumping pedophiles and rape victims together, pure bullocks.

Christians have such a low view of themselves, constantly having to look over their shoulder uncertain if their overlord will forgive them or not.

“If one repents and falls on his knees”
You mean if one kisses ass and falls to his knees for the invisible man? Belief in God has been the perfect control tactic all throughout humanity. Perhaps belief in God is really what the Original Sin is.
Stop looking at it from Man's point of view and look at it from Gods.

If You think you are more worthy than That pedophile? your the one who is decieved.

Last edited:

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Songs often pop into my mind when I read.

When I read atheists agitating on Christian discussion forums, Revolution is a song that sometimes pops into my mind.

”But if you go carrying pictures of Chairman Mao
You ain’t gonna make it with anyone anyhow”

If they’re looking for converts, they’re doomed to fail from the start.

If they’re looking to satisfy their flesh, they’re destined to succeed from the start.

Years ago I participated in a door knocking ministry. Some people still do, but it doesn’t seem to be as common now as it once was.

Want to witness to an atheist?

Better: the atheist knocks on your door or you knock on the atheist’s door?

You’re not supposed to knock on the atheists door in this forum, but atheists are welcome to knock on yours here.
There's only one door that I knock, no-BANG on, lol, and that is to me, the only door.

Matthew 7:7-11

7 “Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. 8 For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened. 9 Or what man is there among you who, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone? 10 Or if he asks for a fish, will he give him a serpent? 11 If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask Him!"

I've knocked on all kinds of doors in my life, decades of them...took many chances and lost, dangerous doors I just whimsically decided to throw caution to the wind and walk right into. ALL of my own carnal choices in my past were IMHO-failures. BUT, when deciding (rightly for a change, lol) and knocked on the door to my redeemer, Lord Jesus Christ, everything became different. I stopped worrying about EVERYTHING! Bills, house repairs, vehicle upkeep...on and on, all became as sand in my hand, slowly seeping through my fingers and, I found that I could REALLY understand that Peace that surpasses ALL understanding". Never could understand that...until I did :)

This is just my experience. We are not clones...AMEN!
God bless you Matthias. Just pretend... ;)

M3n0r4h

Jun 3, 2023
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Stop looking at it from Man's point of view and look at it from Gods.

If You think you are more worthy than That pedophile? your the one who is decieved.
you are outside of all possible realms of sanity if you seriously believe that God views every single person in the world on the same level of sin as a child-raping pedophile.

I honestly have to ask ... "What is wrong with you?"

M3n0r4h

Jun 3, 2023
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus Himself said "there will be people who join me in Heaven, who have nothing to do with the faith others expect" (Matthew 8:11)
seriously?

that's what you got outta this:

"... I say unto you, That many shall come from the east and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven."
Mt. 8:11

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
seriously?

that's what you got outta this:

"... I say unto you, That many shall come from the east and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven."
Mt. 8:11
Yes a lot of people have faith, who have no idea what that word looks like ("faith").

You are falling into idolatry, making a god of your own making. You think "I know what a god of my own making is guilty of, therefore I can catch people in their error (the error relative to my god)".

We're not judging you, we let God define Himself and guard against someone trying to get in the way of Him doing that.

• Haha
Reactions: Nancy and M3n0r4h

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This world belongs to Satan, everything is evil in it, all of it. The people are walking dead men, to quote Charles Spurgeon. Everyone is on death row, unless they are redeemed by Christ, then the person is not of this world any longer and their sentence is commuted to eternal life.

John 3:16 - for God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believes on Him (Jesus), will not perish (in hell), but (will) have everlasting life.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you are outside of all possible realms of sanity if you seriously believe that God views every single person in the world on the same level of sin as a child-raping pedophile.

I honestly have to ask ... "What is wrong with you?"
Sin is sin is sin.

Adam ate a fruit. and look at how God punished not only him but the world for that one act of sin.

Sorry my friend.. Stop looking at how good you are. and repent at how evil you are..

Jn1.Chris

May 25, 2023
Virginia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Salvation isn't what you think it is, and you aren't who you think you are, and those you condemn aren't those that you think they are.

Romanov2488

Jul 20, 2022
Charlotte
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Salvation isn't what you think it is, and you aren't who you think you are, and those you condemn aren't those that you think they are.
So then I can say atheism isn’t what you think it is, and you aren’t who you think you are, and those you condemn aren’t those that you think they are.