‘Saved by grace’ is probably the biggest Christian nonsense

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Romanov2488

Jul 20, 2022
Charlotte
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
A pedophile molests a child who is atheist or lgbt. In fact there was a child raped at 10 who went and got an abortion. The pedophile later repents and ‘finds Jesus’. The pedophile is now ‘saved’ but the rape victim is not?

Why is this tenet of Christianity so disgusting? Is this seriously the type of critical thinking believers exude? Why is a supreme being so needy and desperate for recognition?

Is this the part where ‘God works in mysterious ways’?

Reactions: M3n0r4h

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A pedophile molests a child who is atheist or lgbt. In fact there was a child raped at 10 who went and got an abortion. The pedophile later repents and ‘finds Jesus’. The pedophile is now ‘saved’ but the rape victim is not?

Why is this tenet of Christianity so disgusting? Is this seriously the type of critical thinking believers exude? Why is a supreme being so needy and desperate for recognition?

all have sinned and fall short

everyone is guilty, from the one who was raped to the pedophile to the athiest to the lgbt, from the theif to the liar, to the one who covets. no one is worthy of heaven.

If one repents and falls on his/her knees and in TRUE SAVING FAITH calls out to God as the tax collector. they are saved.

if a sinner does not, they will not be saved.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

‘Saved by grace’ is probably the biggest Christian nonsense​

Could it be you haven't understood it? ...thats a big question
or, could be you don't want to understand it?....that's a scary one!

Reactions: Nancy

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
What is the biggest Christian nonsense?

Candidate -> Christians killing fellow Christians.

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

11797063.gif

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Songs often pop into my mind when I read.

When I read atheists agitating on Christian discussion forums, Revolution is a song that sometimes pops into my mind.

”But if you go carrying pictures of Chairman Mao
You ain’t gonna make it with anyone anyhow”

If they’re looking for converts, they’re doomed to fail from the start.

If they’re looking to satisfy their flesh, they’re destined to succeed from the start.

Years ago I participated in a door knocking ministry. Some people still do, but it doesn’t seem to be as common now as it once was.

Want to witness to an atheist?

Better: the atheist knocks on your door or you knock on the atheist’s door?

You’re not supposed to knock on the atheists door in this forum, but atheists are welcome to knock on yours here.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Are you glad the atheist is here? (I am.) Then act like it.*

* A reminder to myself, if no one else.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The purpose of evil is so that we can understand and know what good is. Now imagine something beautiful, good, peaceful, joyful, kind, gentle, loving. Can you see something? Now imagine everything tha way, a perfect world? I can. That is what is coming. God will rid the planet of evil soon. It has been His plan all along.
Deep in us all, we yearn for this pure and perfect world, what is right and good, where we all can love, void of evil. We hope for this, we have faith that His promise will come.
In the mean time, while we are all waiting, count your blessings. Is there anything good about your life? Be thankful for that. If there isn't, seek God.
But it is possible that you are just part of that evil that gets cut off and thrown into the fire? Anyways, if you are part of that evil, thank you for your contribution, you have helped us to understand _ just a little bit more _ what good is.

Romanov2488

Jul 20, 2022
Charlotte
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
all have sinned and fall short

everyone is guilty, from the one who was raped to the pedophile to the athiest to the lgbt, from the theif to the liar, to the one who covets. no one is worthy of heaven.

If one repents and falls on his/her knees and in TRUE SAVING FAITH calls out to God as the tax collector. they are saved.

if a sinner does not, they will not be saved.
Na, that’s just a cop out to remain trapped with a low level of self-esteem. Lumping pedophiles and rape victims together, pure bullocks.

Christians have such a low view of themselves, constantly having to look over their shoulder uncertain if their overlord will forgive them or not.

“If one repents and falls on his knees”
You mean if one kisses ass and falls to his knees for the invisible man? Belief in God has been the perfect control tactic all throughout humanity. Perhaps belief in God is really what the Original Sin is.

Romanov2488

Jul 20, 2022
Charlotte
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
The purpose of evil is so that we can understand and know what good is. Now imagine something beautiful, good, peaceful, joyful, kind, gentle, loving. Can you see something? Now imagine everything tha way, a perfect world? I can. That is what is coming. God will rid the planet of evil soon. It has been His plan all along.
Deep in us all, we yearn for this pure and perfect world, what is right and good, where we all can love, void of evil. We hope for this, we have faith that His promise will come.
In the mean time, while we are all waiting, count your blessings. Is there anything good about your life? Be thankful for that. If there isn't, seek God.
But it is possible that you are just part of that evil that gets cut off and thrown into the fire? Anyways, if you are part of that evil, thank you for your contribution, you have helped us to understand _ just a little bit more _ what good is.
You cannot know what good is. You’ve already surrendered your intelligence to God long ago.

Perhaps people yearn for a perfect world because they’ve made a hell of themselves. Funny how this yearning for a perfect world is something that is outside of yourself. Anything to shift responsibility from working on yourself.

Romanov2488

Jul 20, 2022
Charlotte
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Songs often pop into my mind when I read.

When I read atheists agitating on Christian discussion forums, Revolution is a song that sometimes pops into my mind.

”But if you go carrying pictures of Chairman Mao
You ain’t gonna make it with anyone anyhow”

If they’re looking for converts, they’re doomed to fail from the start.

If they’re looking to satisfy their flesh, they’re destined to succeed from the start.

Years ago I participated in a door knocking ministry. Some people still do, but it doesn’t seem to be as common now as it once was.

Want to witness to an atheist?

Better: the atheist knocks on your door or you knock on the atheist’s door?

You’re not supposed to knock on the atheists door in this forum, but atheists are welcome to knock on yours here.
Your analogy is invalid. I’m posting in the proper section of this forum. I am not in the Christian section, you are in the non-Christian section.

And just out of curiosity. When you were participating in this door knocking ministry, were they sending you off to trainings at Lowe’s or IKEA to knock on their display doors there?

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Your analogy is invalid. I’m posting in the proper section of this forum. I am not in the Christian section, you are in the non-Christian section.

I was addressing someone who would self-identify as Christian, not you. I’m sorry that wasn’t clear in my post. You’re most certainly in the proper section of the forum.

And just out of curiosity. When you were participating in this door knocking ministry, were they sending you off to trainings at Lowe’s or IKEA to knock on their display doors there?

No.

Romanov2488

Jul 20, 2022
Charlotte
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States

‘Saved by grace’ is probably the biggest Christian nonsense​

Could it be you haven't understood it? ...thats a big question
or, could be you don't want to understand it?....that's a scary one!
Oh please save the sophistry and specious reasoning for someone else.

Apparently all pedophiles and their victims must accept Jesus in order to be saved, so that they may all spend an eternity in heaven together. Brilliant

Could you imagine the buyer’s remorse those victims will have? They walk through the gates of heaven knowing that they’ve been saved, and the first thing they see is their childhood pedophile waving at them with his suspenders on and glasses so thick, he can see into the future. Welcome to Heaven.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You are right to make your every statement above a question...because clearly you do not understand.

The things that are made manifest in this world are not the result of God's "need", but are a revelation of all things good and evil in an act by God to "divide" the good from the evil. And yes, all of which is done by the grace of God.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Oh please save the sophistry and specious reasoning for someone else.

Apparently all pedophiles and their victims must accept Jesus in order to be saved, so that they may all spend an eternity in heaven together. Brilliant

Could you imagine the buyer’s remorse those victims will have? They walk through the gates of heaven knowing that they’ve been saved, and the first thing they see is their childhood pedophile waving at them with his suspenders on and glasses so thick, he can see into the future. Welcome to Heaven.
When we mock/ misrepresent that which we don't understand, it has the appearance of sophistication, it might even elicit a standing ovation but what it does in the psych is insidiously poison.

Romanov2488

Jul 20, 2022
Charlotte
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
You are right to make your every statement above a question...because clearly you do not understand.

The things that are made manifest in this world are not the result of God's "need", but are a revelation of all things good and evil in an act by God to "divide" the good from the evil. And yes, all of which is done by the grace of God.
And you are right to not have any questions…for you have stopped using the organ that is in between your ears.

As for the past part, I can literally say the same thing by changing the word God with the Tooth Fairy.