“...and shall eat her flesh,”

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It has nothing to do with "values, priorities, objectives and purposes." :rolleyes: That's just something your denomination cooked up to fit their "paradigm."

I’m not sure how eating of His flesh has nothing to do with “values, priorities, objectives and purposes” when eating of His flesh changes(transforms) all of those: our values, our priorities, our objective and our purpose?

Matthew 11:29
[29] Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

Romans 12:2
[2] And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed(translated) by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Colossians 1:13
[13] Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
'And the ten horns which thou sawest upon the beast,
these shall hate the whore,
and shall make her desolate and naked,
and shall eat her flesh,
and burn her with fire.'

Hello @VictoryinJesus,

I think it simply means to 'consume' this city called 'Babylon', and to destroy it utterly.

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Charity's is a more perceptive answer.
" And the ten horns which thou sawest, and the beast, these shall hate the harlot, and shall make her desolate and naked, and shall eat her flesh, and shall burn her utterly with fire."

The following is a simple breakdown:
- The Beast = The Islamic Caliphate
- The Ten Horns = Ten kings who rule over the ten Muslims nations who lead it
- The Harlot = Rome, more specifically the Vatican
- "They shall hate the harlot" = Islam hates Catholicism already, and has vowed her destruction
- "and make her desolate and naked," = Continual terrorist attacks, that will cause Rome's population and her protections to dwindle.
- "and eat her flesh" = They will conquer her territory. The Beast is an empire, and the Whore is also a regional designation as well. She will "ride the Beast," meaning Rome will eventually sit atop (i.e. and within) a region that has been assimilated, annexed and/or conquered by Islam. Thus, her flesh, i.e. her territory will increasingly be eaten away by Islamic takeover.
- "and burn her with fire" = Possibly conventional weapons rather than nuclear. But Rome and her surrounding territory will become nothing more than a pocket of "Christian" resistance in the empire of the Islamic Antichrist, and when their patience has worn thin they will destroy her completely.

Last edited:

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is a more perceptive answer.
" And the ten horns which thou sawest, and the beast, these shall hate the harlot, and shall make her desolate and naked, and shall eat her flesh, and shall burn her utterly with fire."

The following is a simple breakdown:
- The Beast = The Islamic Caliphate
- The Ten Horns = Ten kings who rule over the ten Muslims nations who lead it
- The Harlot = Rome, more specifically the Vatican
- "They shall hate the harlot" = Islam hates Catholicism already, and has vowed her destruction
- "and make her desolate and naked," = Continual terrorist attacks, that will cause Rome's population and her protections to dwindle.
- "and eat her flesh" = They will conquer her territory. The Beast is an empire, and the Whore is also a regional designation as well. She will "ride the Beast," meaning Rome will eventually sit atop (i.e. and within) a region that has been assimilated, annexed and/or conquered by Islam. Thus, her flesh, i.e. her territory will increasingly be eaten away by Islamic takeover.
- "and burn her with fire" = Probably conventional weapons, rather than nuclear. Rome will become nothing more than a pocket of "Christian" resistance in the empire of the Islamic Antichrist, and when their patience has worn thin they will destroy her completely.

Luke 9:54-56
[54] And when his disciples James and John saw this , they said, Lord, wilt thou that we command fire to come down from heaven, and consume them, even as Elias did? [55] But he turned, and rebuked them, and said, Ye know not what manner of spirit ye are of. [56] For the Son of man is not come to destroy men's lives, but to save them . And they went to another village.

Who is destorying?

Reactions: bbyrd009

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Luke 9:54-56
[54] And when his disciples James and John saw this , they said, Lord, wilt thou that we command fire to come down from heaven, and consume them, even as Elias did? [55] But he turned, and rebuked them, and said, Ye know not what manner of spirit ye are of. [56] For the Son of man is not come to destroy men's lives, but to save them . And they went to another village.

Who is destorying?

Just read this, and I'm not sure I understand your question, my dear. Try making it clearer.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just read this, and I'm not sure I understand your question, my dear. Try making it clearer.

Clearly we are not of the spirit of division. Read the verses. Who divides? Are there to be divisions among the body of Christ? Why do we with anticipation wait for the spirit of division all say will come in endtimes to destory the wicked? Christ rebuked them and said you know not the Spirit you are of...which is of the Spirit of peace and of gathering together.

Proverbs 20:26-28
[26] A wise king scattereth the wicked, and bringeth the wheel over them. [27] The spirit of man is the candle of the Lord , searching all the inward parts of the belly. [28] Mercy and truth preserve the king: and his throne is upholden by mercy.(Christ)

Mark 14:27
[27] And Jesus saith unto them, All ye shall be offended because of me this night: for it is written, I will smite the shepherd, and the sheep shall be scattered.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Clearly we are not of the Spirit of division. Read the verses. Who divides? Why do we with anticipation wait for the spirit of division all say will come in endtimes to destory the wicked? Christ rebuked them and said you know not the Spirit you are of...which is of the Spirit of peace and of gathering together.

The spirit of division is already here. Just look at what takes place at every Christian forum on the planet.

I'm still struggling to understand your point... are you insinuating that I am posting in a spirit of division? I don't understand.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The spirit of division is already here. Just look at what takes place at every Christian forum on the planet.

I'm still struggling to understand your point... are you insinuating that I am posting in a spirit of division? I don't understand.

No I’m not implying you are doing as such. I’m asking because I’ve been thinking a lot about who are we waiting for to come in endtimes to destory and break and scatter to pieces? When God said we are of the Spirit that gathers and rebuilds....yes? no? What is the wrath we are not appointed to? Why did Jesus tell them you do not know the Spirit you are of?

Agree the spirit of division is already here. But we are not of that spirit? Right?

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Agree the spirit of division is already here. But we are not of that Spirit? Right?

Certainly not. :)
Why did Jesus tell them you do not know the Spirit you are of?

Because they were being unmerciful in an instance where Jesus was saying they should be.
I’m asking because I’ve been thinking a lot about who are we waiting for to come in endtimes to destory and break and scatter to pieces? When God said we are of the Spirit that gathers and rebuilds....yes? no? What is the wrath we are not appointed to?

You're going to have to forgive me here, Victory, because this appears to be part of a system of end-times eschatology that I can't readily identify. The Beast will be a literal empire that fills the earth, and breaks the nations it conquers to pieces, and tramples the remainder (those still opposed to Islam) to dust, i.e. and kills them off. The wrath we are not appointed to, on the other hand, is the Day of the Lord, when Christ will unleash His angelic armies to punish the kingdom of the Beast, so these are two entirely different things...

We may be so diametrically opposed in some of our scripture interpretations that we have a hard time even understanding one another, LoL. :) (and maybe not you so much as me).

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Certainly not. :)

Because they were being unmerciful in an instance where Jesus was saying they should be.

You're going to have to forgive me here, Victory, because this appears to be part of a system of end-times eschatology that I can't readily identify. The Beast will be a literal empire that fills the earth, and breaks the nations it conquers to pieces, and tramples the remainder (those still opposed to Islam) to dust, i.e. and kills them off. The wrath we are not appointed to, on the other hand, is the Day of the Lord, when Christ will unleash His angelic armies to punish the kingdom of the Beast, so these are two entirely different things...

We may be so diametrically opposed in some of our scripture interpretations that we have a hard time even understanding one another, LoL. :) (and maybe not you so much as me).

Understood. But God allowed the antichrist to come in, the wolves in sheepskin. How is God’s wrath accomplished, who is sent for the destruction of the flesh. Is it not the waster? What you speak of are kingdoms of man that rise to oppose God throughout history until the final Kingdom which belongs to Christ. those broken and burned as chaff have no place and are carried away by the wind. Is antichrist the one that causes division? Is he (that which opposes Christ) the cause of divisions. Who are we waiting on when we wait for destruction to come? That is all I am asking. When we wait for wrath?are we waiting for the antichrist or ...Christ? Again, what did He mean? Luke 9:54-56 And when his disciples James and John saw this , they said, Lord, wilt thou that we command fire to come down from heaven, and consume them, even as Elias did? [55] But he turned, and rebuked them, and said, Ye know not what manner of spirit ye are of. [56] For the Son of man is not come to destroy men's lives, but to save them . And they went to another village.

Antichrist destroys?? Tears apart...
God gathers and rebuilds and sets upright again as in the final verses: His Kingdom fills the whole earth and is never destroyed. No wrath there.

Reactions: bbyrd009

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Understood. But God allowed the antichrist to come in, the wolves in sheepskin. How is God’s wrath accomplished, who is sent for the destruction of the flesh. Is it not the waster? What you speak of are kingdoms of man that rise to oppose God throughout history until the final Kingdom which belongs to Christ. those broken and burned as chaff have no place and are carried away by the wind. Is antichrist the one that causes division? Is he (that which opposes Christ) the cause of divisions. Who are we waiting on when we wait for destruction to come? That is all I am asking. When we wait for wrath?are we waiting for the antichrist or ...Christ? Again, what did He mean? Luke 9:54-56 And when his disciples James and John saw this , they said, Lord, wilt thou that we command fire to come down from heaven, and consume them, even as Elias did? [55] But he turned, and rebuked them, and said, Ye know not what manner of spirit ye are of. [56] For the Son of man is not come to destroy men's lives, but to save them . And they went to another village.

Antichrist destroys?? Tears apart...
God gathers and rebuilds and sets upright again as in the final verses: His Kingdom fills the whole earth and is never destroyed. No wrath there.

Your terminology is what is throwing me off. If you could define your terms a little more clearly I may be able to answer you:
1. "Wrath" - What wrath? Are you referring to the judgment of the Whore, or the Day of God's wrath?
2. "Antichrist destroys" - Destroys what? Are you still referring to the destruction of the harlot who rides the Beast? It is the ten kings who destroy the whore, not the Antichrist. :confused:
3. "destruction of the flesh" - You now appear to be applying something like 1 Corinthians 5:5 to our discussion on the judgment of the Whore...

You'll again have to forgive me here, Victory, but I'm now on my second strike. If I can't hit the next one, I'll have to consider myself out on strikes, LoL. :)

Last edited:

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yes Quiet, but the Right scriptures must be used to interpret scriptures, and that's just a twisted mess IMO, LoL. Jesus was the word made flesh and His words are Spirit and truth. Hence to eat His flesh was to receive His Spirit through His word. It has nothing to do with "values, priorities, objectives and purposes." :rolleyes: That's just something your denomination cooked up to fit their "paradigm."
How does his Spirit not encompass values, priorities, objectives and purposes.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I’m asking because I’ve been thinking a lot about who are we waiting for to come in endtimes to destory and break and scatter to pieces?
None other than Christ Himself can destroy the kingdoms of this world (which are under the control of Satan) and then set up His own Kingdom throughout the world. And this guaranteed after the second coming of Christ.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your terminally is what is throwing me off. If you could define your terms a little more clearly I may be able to answer you:
1. "Wrath" - What wrath? Are you referring to the judgment of the Whore, or the Day of God's wrath?
2. "Antichrist destroys" - Destroys what? Are you still referring to the destruction of the harlot who rides the Beast? It is the ten kings who destroy the whore, not the Antichrist. :confused:
3. "destruction of the flesh" - You now appear to be applying something like 1 Corinthians 5:5 to our discussion on the judgment of the Whore...

You'll again have to forgive me here, Victory, but I'm now on my second strike. If I can't hit the next one, I'll have to consider myself out on strikes, LoL. :)

It is okay. I’ll leave it at Luke 11:23
[23] He that is not with me is against me: and he that gathereth not with me scattereth.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How does his Spirit not encompass values, priorities, objectives and purposes.

I'm saying it's a reach, Quiet. His word to each of us is highly personal, and it is through His word that we are born as new creations. He didn't communicate "values, concepts, objectives and purposes." He used direct communication on a personal level.

I'm certain that you have other supports to flesh out the position that the Beast eating "the flesh" of the whore will result in him absorbing her teachings, and you are welcome to post them if you like. I will read them. But standing on its own, I found it a really bizarre interpretation of the symbolism. But then I am not accepting of much of the SDA system to begin with.

Present the background behind why you interpret it this way. I will read it.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
None other than Christ Himself can destroy the kingdoms of this world (which are under the control of Satan) and then set up His own Kingdom throughout the world. And this guaranteed after the second coming of Christ.

Agree only Christ can do it ...how does He do it.

He sets before us life and good ...or death and evil.

Romans 12:21
[21] Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.

So in the end we say God overcomes all the kingdoms of man and puts an end to them with death and evil instead of life and good?

Mark 9:39-40
[39] But Jesus said, Forbid him not: for there is no man which shall do a miracle in my name, that can lightly speak evil of me. [40] For he that is not against us is on our part.

John 10:10
[10] The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

Last edited:

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Seems to me that this scripture sets up a dichotomy between eating the flesh of the world instead of the flesh of God. The flesh of the world is our own unredeemed self....the false self......in place of Christ crucified. Practically, a persuit of money, fame, and power over humility, poverty and submission.

Last edited:

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
He sets before us life and good ...or death and evil.
This is incorrect. We must focus on the second coming of Christ and the events which take place after that. Which begin here:

REVELATION 19
11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

12 His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.

13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.

15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

16 And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.

17 And I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the fowls that fly in the midst of heaven, Come and gather yourselves together unto the supper of the great God;

18 That ye may eat the flesh of kings, and the flesh of captains, and the flesh of mighty men, and the flesh of horses, and of them that sit on them, and the flesh of all men, both free and bond, both small and great.

19 And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army.

20 And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

21 And the remnant were slain with the sword of him that sat upon the horse, which sword proceeded out of his mouth: and all the fowls were filled with their flesh.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is incorrect. We must focus on the second coming of Christ and the events which take place after that. Which begin here:

REVELATION 19
11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

12 His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.

13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.

15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

16 And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.

17 And I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the fowls that fly in the midst of heaven, Come and gather yourselves together unto the supper of the great God;

18 That ye may eat the flesh of kings, and the flesh of captains, and the flesh of mighty men, and the flesh of horses, and of them that sit on them, and the flesh of all men, both free and bond, both small and great.

19 And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army.

20 And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

21 And the remnant were slain with the sword of him that sat upon the horse, which sword proceeded out of his mouth: and all the fowls were filled with their flesh.

Yeah, I get it. Same as here
Ezekiel 39:17-21
[17] And, thou son of man, thus saith the Lord God ; Speak unto every feathered fowl, and to every beast of the field, Assemble yourselves, and come; gather yourselves on every side to my sacrifice that I do sacrifice for you, even a great sacrifice upon the mountains of Israel, that ye may eat flesh, and drink blood. [18] Ye shall eat the flesh of the mighty, and drink the blood of the princes of the earth, of rams, of lambs, and of goats, of bullocks, all of them fatlings of Bashan. [19] And ye shall eat fat till ye be full, and drink blood till ye be drunken, of my sacrifice which I have sacrificed for you. [20] Thus ye shall be filled at my table with horses and chariots, with mighty men, and with all men of war, saith the Lord God . [21] And I will set my glory among the heathen, and all the heathen shall see my judgment that I have executed, and my hand that I have laid upon them.

“His name is called the word of God.” (Revelation 19:13). Judgement on “horses and chariots, with mighty men, and with all men of war”.

Jeremiah 15:3-5
[3] And I will appoint over them four kinds, saith the Lord : the sword to slay, and the dogs to tear, and the fowls of the heaven, and the beasts of the earth, to devour and destroy. [4] And I will cause them to be removed into all kingdoms of the earth, because of Manasseh the son of Hezekiah king of Judah, for that which he did in Jerusalem. [5] For who shall have pity upon thee, O Jerusalem? (Christ) or who shall bemoan thee? (Christ)or who shall go aside to ask how thou doest?(Christ)

The wrath God brings on a people scatters and weakens by division. (A house divided falls). Antichrist being that weapon of destruction that divides. God’s peace (Christ) draws people together. Which are we waiting on? Destruction? Or Restoration?

Last edited:

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Which are we waiting on? Destruction? Or Restoration?
1. Christians are simply waiting for the Resurrection/Rapture. They will accompany Christ at His second coming, along with the holy angels.

2. God must destroy all that is sinful, evil, and defiled first. See Revelation 6-19.

3. There can only be a New Heavens and a New Earth AFTER this globe and the surrounding atmosphere are supernaturally burned up. See 2 Peter 3.