“Before Abraham Was, I Am.”

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yeah, i was born and raised in the catholic religion that has no merit before the Lord Jesus Christ and cannot wash a man from his sins.

Why so harsh? Careful there brother,
'by the measure you measure..'

It's never to late to return to the Feast!

Pax et Bonum

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you personally know member stredaleve?

Since we are not with each other in physical social contact here on a Christian forum, we can only avail ourselves to the Testimony of Christ which we either bear upon our spirit/words or we deny Him.

My question is, who is this stredaleve and why did he/she feel it necessary to cast doubt upon your heart Brother, since you have been speaking with me for some time now.

This is interesting and we should all take note.

I, therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you to walk worthy of the calling with which you were called, with all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love, endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.
There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called in one hope of your calling; one Lord, one faith, one baptism; one God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.
No worries my friend . I dont know him .

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why so harsh? Careful there brother,
'by the measure you measure..'

It's never to late to return to the Feast!

Pax et Bonum

The Spirit of the Lord is upon me to proclaim the Good News of Jesus Christ who died for our sins ONCE on the cross and HE rose the third day from the grave becuase HE committed no sin.

Catholics who place their trust in the error and pagan practices of catholicism will not be able to enter into the Kingdom of our LORD.

Your feast is in pagan Rome and is ungodly = "sacrifice of the Lord in the Mass"

RCC = "The sacrifice of communion finally finds in Jesus its fulfilment," this is heresy.

The LORD said: "It is Finished" = No more sacrifice of Christ = ever again.

You were given the Testimony of Life which can save your soul.
Any work added to the Sabbath Rest of God is both rejected and condemned by the FATHER, the SON and the HOLY SPIRIT.

Pray and Read and Pray the Gospel of John whereby you will find instruction to the Saving of your soul.

Oseas

Dec 22, 2019
Joinville
Faith
Christian
Country
Brazil
In Ex. 3:14 God identified Himself to Moses as “I AM THAT I AM” AND "I AM’; and in John 8:58 Jesus said, “Before Abraham was I am.” Some try to draw the conclusion that Jesus was claiming to be the God of the Old Testament, because they both use the same expression “I am.”

Compare: God constituted/promoted Moses as God before Pharaoh.
In the same way, God sent his angel, actually an archangel, to speak with Moses, as being God
, and FIRST he presented himself before Moses in the mount Sinai, in a flame of fire out of the midst of a bush, saying: I am the God of thy father, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob. And Moses hid his face; for he was afraid to look upon God-Exodus 3:v.6 and Acts 7:v.30-32.

The archangel said to Moses: Come now therefore, and I will send thee unto Pharaoh, that thou may bring forth my people the children of Israel out of Egypt-Exodus 3:v.10. Moses said to the archangel: Behold, when I come unto the children of Israel, and shall say unto them, The God of your fathers hath sent me unto you; and they shall say to me, What is his name? what shall I say unto them?

The archangel answered, saying: l am who I am-Exodus 3:v.14. And the angel said more to Moses: Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel: the Lord God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, hath sent me unto you: this is my NAME. Exodus 3:v.15

Later, the archangel said to Moses: I am the Lord -Exodus 6:v.2. Certainly the archangel is also a Lord really. JESUS is the LORD of the lords, and KING of kings.

And the archangel said to Moses: I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, yes, the archangel appeared to Abraham FIRST in the NAME of God Almighty, not by his name, the Lord, He was not known to them as the Lord (to the fathers-Exodus 6:v.3).

The Lord -the archangel- spake unto Moses, saying, Go in, speak unto Pharaoh king of Egypt, that he let the children of Israel go out of his land. And Moses spake before the Lord, saying, Behold, the children of Israel have not hearkened unto me (It's Terrible. Very terrible) ; how then shall Pharaoh hear me? Exodus 6:v.10-12

And the Lord spake unto Moses, Go unto Pharaoh, and say unto him: Thus saith the Lord, Let my people go, that they may serve me. And if thou refuse to let them go, behold, I will smite all thy borders with frogs: Exodus 8:v.1-2 (NOTE: The same occurs in this current time: The Earth is infested of frogs -Revelation 16:v.13 to 15. Check it.)

The Egypt was chastised severily through 10 plagues, and GOD's people was freed from Pharaoh's power, and they marched towards the Red Sea, and it was told the king of Egypt that the people fled-Exodus 14:v.5. And Pharaoh made ready his chariot, and took his servants, his people, people with him and he took six hundred chosen chariots, and all the chariots of Egypt, and captains over every one of them. Exodus 14:v.5to7.

The Egyptians pursued after them, all the horses and chariots of Pharaoh, and his horsemen, and his army, and overtook them encamping by the sea, beside Pihahiroth, before Baalzephon. And when Pharaoh drew nigh, the children of Israel lifted up their eyes, and, behold, the Egyptians marched after them; and they were sore afraid: and the children of Israel cried out unto the Lord.

Exodus 14:v.19 to 31
19 And the angel of God, which went before the camp of Israel, removed and went behind them; and the pillar of the cloud went from before their face, and stood behind them:

20 And it came between the camp of the Egyptians and the camp of Israel; and it was a cloud and darkness to them, but it gave light by night to these: so that the one came not near the other all the night.

21 And Moses stretched out his hand over the sea;(today sea-waters-mean peoples, and nations, and multitudes of all tongues-Revelation 17:v.15)and the Lord caused the sea to go back by a strong east wind all that night (GOD makes His angels winds, and His ministers a flame of fire) and made the sea dry land, and the waters were divided.

22 And the children of Israel went into the midst of the sea upon the dry ground: and the waters were a wall unto them on their right hand, and on their left. (Now, the pursue will be against the Church, the body of Christ-Revelation 13:v.5-9)
23 And the Egyptians pursued, and went in after them to the midst of the sea, even all Pharaoh's horses, his chariots, and his horsemen.

24 And it came to pass, that in the morning watch the Lord looked unto the host of the Egyptians through the pillar of fire and of the cloud, and troubled the host of the Egyptians,

25 And took off their chariot wheels, that they drave them heavily: so that the Egyptians said, Let us flee from the face of Israel; for the Lord fighteth for them against the Egyptians.
26 And the Lord said unto Moses, Stretch out thine hand over the sea, that the waters may come again upon the Egyptians, upon their chariots, and upon their horsemen.

27 And Moses stretched forth his hand over the sea, and the sea returned to his strength when the morning appeared; and the Egyptians fled against it; and the Lord overthrew the Egyptians in the midst of the sea.

28 And the waters returned, and covered the chariots, and the horsemen, and all the host of Pharaoh that came into the sea after them; there remained not so much as one of them.

29 But the children of Israel walked upon dry land in the midst of the sea; and the waters were a wall unto them on their right hand, and on their left. (Gentile and the esoteric, and kabbalistic and spiritist Jewish people)

30 Thus the Lord saved Israel that Day (now, the Lord's Day)out of the hand of the Egyptians; and Israel saw the Egyptians dead upon the sea shore.

31 And Israel saw that great work which the Lord did upon the Egyptians: and the people feared the Lord, and believed the Lord, and his servant Moses.

Daniel 12:v.1-3 and 10-12
1 And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book.

2 And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.

3 And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever.

10Many shall be purified, and made white, and tried; but the wicked shall do wickedly: and none of the wicked shall understand; but the wise shall understand.

11 And from the time that...the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days.

12 Blessed is he that waiteth, and cometh to the thousand three hundred and five and thirty days. (NOTE: The Ineffable, Wonderful, Indescribable, Unspeakable day 1,335.)
Similarity between passing by the Red Sea and by the Red Dragon | Pure Bible Forum (and see www.sinaiticus.net )

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Compare: God constituted/promoted Moses as God before Pharaoh.
In the same way, God sent his angel, actually an archangel, to speak with Moses, as being God
, and FIRST he presented himself before Moses in the mount Sinai, in a flame of fire out of the midst of a bush, saying: I am the God of thy father, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob. And Moses hid his face; for he was afraid to look upon God-Exodus 3:v.6 and Acts 7:v.30-32.

The archangel said to Moses: Come now therefore, and I will send thee unto Pharaoh, that thou may bring forth my people the children of Israel out of Egypt-Exodus 3:v.10. Moses said to the archangel: Behold, when I come unto the children of Israel, and shall say unto them, The God of your fathers hath sent me unto you; and they shall say to me, What is his name? what shall I say unto them?

The archangel answered, saying: l am who I am-Exodus 3:v.14. And the angel said more to Moses: Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel: the Lord God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, hath sent me unto you: this is my NAME. Exodus 3:v.15

Later, the archangel said to Moses: I am the Lord -Exodus 6:v.2. Certainly the archangel is also a Lord really. JESUS is the LORD of the lords, and KING of kings.

And the archangel said to Moses: I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, yes, the archangel appeared to Abraham FIRST in the NAME of God Almighty, not by his name, the Lord, He was not known to them as the Lord (to the fathers-Exodus 6:v.3).

The Lord -the archangel- spake unto Moses, saying, Go in, speak unto Pharaoh king of Egypt, that he let the children of Israel go out of his land. And Moses spake before the Lord, saying, Behold, the children of Israel have not hearkened unto me (It's Terrible. Very terrible) ; how then shall Pharaoh hear me? Exodus 6:v.10-12

And the Lord spake unto Moses, Go unto Pharaoh, and say unto him: Thus saith the Lord, Let my people go, that they may serve me. And if thou refuse to let them go, behold, I will smite all thy borders with frogs: Exodus 8:v.1-2 (NOTE: The same occurs in this current time: The Earth is infested of frogs -Revelation 16:v.13 to 15. Check it.)

The Egypt was chastised severily through 10 plagues, and GOD's people was freed from Pharaoh's power, and they marched towards the Red Sea, and it was told the king of Egypt that the people fled-Exodus 14:v.5. And Pharaoh made ready his chariot, and took his servants, his people, people with him and he took six hundred chosen chariots, and all the chariots of Egypt, and captains over every one of them. Exodus 14:v.5to7.

The Egyptians pursued after them, all the horses and chariots of Pharaoh, and his horsemen, and his army, and overtook them encamping by the sea, beside Pihahiroth, before Baalzephon. And when Pharaoh drew nigh, the children of Israel lifted up their eyes, and, behold, the Egyptians marched after them; and they were sore afraid: and the children of Israel cried out unto the Lord.

Exodus 14:v.19 to 31
19 And the angel of God, which went before the camp of Israel, removed and went behind them; and the pillar of the cloud went from before their face, and stood behind them:

20 And it came between the camp of the Egyptians and the camp of Israel; and it was a cloud and darkness to them, but it gave light by night to these: so that the one came not near the other all the night.

21 And Moses stretched out his hand over the sea;(today sea-waters-mean peoples, and nations, and multitudes of all tongues-Revelation 17:v.15)and the Lord caused the sea to go back by a strong east wind all that night (GOD makes His angels winds, and His ministers a flame of fire) and made the sea dry land, and the waters were divided.

22 And the children of Israel went into the midst of the sea upon the dry ground: and the waters were a wall unto them on their right hand, and on their left. (Now, the pursue will be against the Church, the body of Christ-Revelation 13:v.5-9)
23 And the Egyptians pursued, and went in after them to the midst of the sea, even all Pharaoh's horses, his chariots, and his horsemen.

24 And it came to pass, that in the morning watch the Lord looked unto the host of the Egyptians through the pillar of fire and of the cloud, and troubled the host of the Egyptians,

25 And took off their chariot wheels, that they drave them heavily: so that the Egyptians said, Let us flee from the face of Israel; for the Lord fighteth for them against the Egyptians.
26 And the Lord said unto Moses, Stretch out thine hand over the sea, that the waters may come again upon the Egyptians, upon their chariots, and upon their horsemen.

27 And Moses stretched forth his hand over the sea, and the sea returned to his strength when the morning appeared; and the Egyptians fled against it; and the Lord overthrew the Egyptians in the midst of the sea.

28 And the waters returned, and covered the chariots, and the horsemen, and all the host of Pharaoh that came into the sea after them; there remained not so much as one of them.

29 But the children of Israel walked upon dry land in the midst of the sea; and the waters were a wall unto them on their right hand, and on their left. (Gentile and the esoteric, and kabbalistic and spiritist Jewish people)

30 Thus the Lord saved Israel that Day (now, the Lord's Day)out of the hand of the Egyptians; and Israel saw the Egyptians dead upon the sea shore.

31 And Israel saw that great work which the Lord did upon the Egyptians: and the people feared the Lord, and believed the Lord, and his servant Moses.

Daniel 12:v.1-3 and 10-12
1 And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book.

2 And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.

3 And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever.

10Many shall be purified, and made white, and tried; but the wicked shall do wickedly: and none of the wicked shall understand; but the wise shall understand.

11 And from the time that...the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days.

12 Blessed is he that waiteth, and cometh to the thousand three hundred and five and thirty days. (NOTE: The Ineffable, Wonderful, Indescribable, Unspeakable day 1,335.)
Similarity between passing by the Red Sea and by the Red Dragon | Pure Bible Forum (and see www.sinaiticus.net )

No angel appeared to Moses and said IAM and certainly not IAM Elohim Yahweh.

Reactions: amigo de christo

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In Ex. 3:14 God identified Himself to Moses as “I AM THAT I AM” AND "I AM’; and in John 8:58 Jesus said, “Before Abraham was I am.” Some try to draw the conclusion that Jesus was claiming to be the God of the Old Testament, because they both use the same expression “I am.” But the Apostle Paul also used the same expression in 1 Cor. 15:10: “By the grace of God I am what I am.” Obviously this does not prove that the Apostle Paul and Jehovah God are one and the same person! When God in Ex. 3:14 stated His name as “I am who I am” and “I am,” He was indicating, not His appellation, but His character and nature. Similarly, the Apostle Paul was indicating his character when he said, “By the grace of God I am what I am.”

And similarly, Jesus was indicating His nature when He said, “Before Abraham was, I am.” Jesus here affirmed that He had existed before Abraham and had ever since continued to exist. Please notice the expression “I am”—present tense. Why this? It is used to express that a non-terminated existence, viz., that of Jesus, which He as the Logos had before Abraham lived, had never up to the time of His speaking in this text come to an end, which proves that when the Logos became flesh (John 1:14), He did not die while undergoing the transfer from a spirit plane to the human plane of existence. Without dying, the same person was transferred from one nature to the other (2 Cor. 8:9; Phil. 2:6, 7) and lived continuously during the transfer. Jesus in John 8:58 was not trying to prove that He and His Father were one and the same person. To have done so would have been to deny God’s Word and His own teachings in general.
This is what I was thinking, that Jesus was simply stating he existed before Abraham, not that he is God himself.

Reactions: RR144

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is what I was thinking, that Jesus was simply stating he existed before Abraham, not that he is God himself.

Good Morning - One of my close friends throughout my youth was JohnPaul who we all called JP

Question for you this Day: Who walked with Adam & Eve in the Garden?
Was it the Father or the Son?

JohnPaul

Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good Morning - One of my close friends throughout my youth was JohnPaul who we all called JP

Question for you this Day: Who walked with Adam & Eve in the Garden?
Was it the Father or the Son?
If the Father or the Son were with Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden, Eve would not have been tempted by Satan.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If the Father or the Son were with Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden, Eve would not have been tempted by Satan.

Then the LORD God took the man and placed him in the Garden of Eden to cultivate and keep it. 16And the LORD God commanded him, “You may eat freely from every tree of the garden, 17but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil; for in the day that you eat of it, you will surely die.” 18The LORD God also said, “It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make for him a suitable helper.

Then the man and his wife heard the voice of the LORD God walking in the garden in the breeze of the day, and they hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God among the trees of the garden. 9But the LORD God called out to the man, “Where are you?” 10“I heard Your voice in the garden,” he replied, “and I was afraid because I was naked; so I hid myself.” 11“Who told you that you were naked?” asked the LORD God. “Have you eaten from the tree of which I commanded you not to eat?”

Who is this Person walking in the Garden with Adam and Eve in the Garden - Is it the Father or the Son???

Oseas

Dec 22, 2019
Joinville
Faith
Christian
Country
Brazil
No angel appeared to Moses and said IAM and certainly not IAM Elohim Yahweh.

You say:
1 - No angel appeared to Moses and said IAM... (???)
2 - and certainly not IAM... (so IAM not AIM?)
3 - Elohim Yahweh (so IAM would be whom? if the names were the ones you mentioned, would surely have told Moses, don't you think?)

Last edited:

JohnPaul

Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then the LORD God took the man and placed him in the Garden of Eden to cultivate and keep it. 16And the LORD God commanded him, “You may eat freely from every tree of the garden, 17but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil; for in the day that you eat of it, you will surely die.” 18The LORD God also said, “It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make for him a suitable helper.

Then the man and his wife heard the voice of the LORD God walking in the garden in the breeze of the day, and they hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God among the trees of the garden. 9But the LORD God called out to the man, “Where are you?” 10“I heard Your voice in the garden,” he replied, “and I was afraid because I was naked; so I hid myself.” 11“Who told you that you were naked?” asked the LORD God. “Have you eaten from the tree of which I commanded you not to eat?”

Who is this Person walking in the Garden with Adam and Eve in the Garden - Is it the Father or the Son???
It is God the Father.

David are you from New Jersey, if you don’t mind me asking?

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Which church? Which Church are you referring to?

Hello Oseas,

St. Paul is referring to the One Church established by Christ through His apostles.

You too! Are welcome to come to the wedding feast of the Lamb of God!

Pax et Bonum

Last edited:

Oseas

Dec 22, 2019
Joinville
Faith
Christian
Country
Brazil
Hello Oseas,
St. Paul is referring to the One Church established bt Christ through His apostles.
You too! Are welcome to come to the wedding feast of the Lamb of God!
Pax et Bonum

65 years after His ascension, around year 95AD, the Lord Jesus sent His angel to the Isle of Patmos, in fact an archangel, to instruct John the Apostle to write and denounce the spiritual decay of the churches, and to record that Satan was working at full speed, to corrupt them, as it is written in the book of Revelation chapters 2 and 3.

At that time, the church of Rome had elected three Popes(Pater Patrum), Linvs, Anacletvs, and Clement I. In fact the true Church of the Lord in Rome, founded mainly by Paul Apostle, author of epistle to the Romans, had APOSTATIZED itself by complete, and linked to the Roman Empire. The church of Rome turned itself the cradle of Antichrist (1John 2:v.18-19).
The Antichrist was born from the church - see how | Friends Of Jesus (proboards.com)
Some time later the former true Church of the Lord in Rome was called Catholic Church full of idolatry and witchery, completely dominated by Satan, and after called Roman Catholic Church, which rides upon the Beast of sea-the Papacy- and this is the name of the corrupt and idolater church of Rome until the current time.

After be revealed the decay of the churches, the Lord JESUS revealed to John and to us too that a religious MONSTER would rise up out of the sea(Revelation 13:v.1)sea-waters-peoples, and nations, and multitudes of all tongues(Revelation 17:v.15), a Beast having 7 heads and 10 horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy - Vicarivs Filii Dei.

And now, even now, from now on, the apostate church of Roman will be burned with everlasting fire: Revelation 17:v. 16-17:
16 And the ten horns which thou sawest upon the Beast, these shall hate the whore, and shall make her desolate and naked, and shall eat her flesh, and burn her with fire.

17 For God hath put in their hearts to fulfil his will, and to agree, and give their kingdom unto the Beast, until the words of God shall be fulfilled.

Last edited:

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Horse puckies..

But if the Church in Rome is your stumbling block, come to the Feast with Alexandria, come with Constantinople.. But come!

The Spirit and the bride say, "Come." Let the hearer say, "Come." Let the one who thirsts come forward, and the one who wants it receive the gift of life-giving water

Pax et Bonum

JohnPaul

Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Great, maybe if i am ever down your way we can meet and fellowship in the love of Christ.

I am up North in Denville off of RT80
I used to live up North in North Arlington NJ Bergen County. That would be great to meet up, I’m originally from North Jersey, I moved down here because of my job, I was driving like a 100 miles a day 50 each way.

Reactions: David in NJ