“Bible alone” is the cos of confusion!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
what about faith and baptism?

Baptism is the initiation of the new and eternal covenant!

You cannot enter on you’re own or by “faith alone”!

Jn 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

Two birth are possible.

1) Natural bodily birth, that which has nothing to do with the born person’s will, thought, idea.

The First Natural bodily birth, MUST occur, before the 2nd birth is possible.
The First Natural bodily born person, MUST bodily DIE, before the 2nd birth can OCCUR.

2) The Second bodily birth, is a Spiritual birth, which is expressly Chosen by that persons will, heartful thought, confession to have....
and expressly Effected by the Power of God.

And BOTH births MUST OCCUR, before a man can ENTER into the Kingdom of God.

The first birthed person WHO “receives”...Gods Word of His Knowledge: by Hearing, by Reading the Word of God.....is given measures of Gods Gift of Faith.

WHEN that person.........BELIEVES........the Word of God he has received.........THAT PERSON “IS” DOING THE WORKS OF GOD.

That person can CONTINUE “DOING the WORKS of GOD”....
Ie........CONTINUE BELIEVING.........................OR NOT!

IF that person CONTINUES BELIEVING......to the DAY his natural body DIES...........HE SHALL THEN After His First Born Body DIES....
Be BORN AGAIN, by the POWER of God.
(That man has satisfied Gods requirement ....
A natural bodily birth, heartful belief, natural bodily death, a second bodily spiritual birth.......Now he CAN enter the Kingdom of God).

That has OCCURRED from the Beginning, and Continues TO THIS DAY.

Jesus was SENT TO EARTH, TO REVEAL “MORE of Gods KNOWLEDGE”.

Naturally Born men ... again CAN hear, read, receive the ADDITIONAL KNOWLEDGE of God.......and again CAN BELIEVE IT......OR NOT.

Nothing has changed.......hear, read, BELIEVE, or not.
The First natural BODY, DYING IN BELIEF, SHALL BE BORN AGAIN, BY the POWER OF GOD, and SHALL have satisfied Gods requirement to enter Gods Kingdom.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Two birth are possible.

1) Natural bodily birth, that which has nothing to do with the born person’s will, thought, idea.

The First Natural bodily birth, MUST occur, before the 2nd birth is possible.
The First Natural bodily born person, MUST bodily DIE, before the 2nd birth can OCCUR.

2) The Second bodily birth, is a Spiritual birth, which is expressly Chosen by that persons will, heartful thought, confession to have....
and expressly Effected by the Power of God.

And BOTH births MUST OCCUR, before a man can ENTER into the Kingdom of God.

The first birthed person WHO “receives”...Gods Word of His Knowledge: by Hearing, by Reading the Word of God.....is given measures of Gods Gift of Faith.

WHEN that person.........BELIEVES........the Word of God he has received.........THAT PERSON “IS” DOING THE WORKS OF GOD.

That person can CONTINUE “DOING the WORKS of GOD”....
Ie........CONTINUE BELIEVING.........................OR NOT!

IF that person CONTINUES BELIEVING......to the DAY his natural body DIES...........HE SHALL THEN After His First Born Body DIES....
Be BORN AGAIN, by the POWER of God.
(That man has satisfied Gods requirement ....
A natural bodily birth, heartful belief, natural bodily death, a second bodily spiritual birth.......Now he CAN enter the Kingdom of God).

That has OCCURRED from the Beginning, and Continues TO THIS DAY.

Jesus was SENT TO EARTH, TO REVEAL “MORE of Gods KNOWLEDGE”.

Naturally Born men ... again CAN hear, read, receive the ADDITIONAL KNOWLEDGE of God.......and again CAN BELIEVE IT......OR NOT.

Nothing has changed.......hear, read, BELIEVE, or not.
The First natural BODY, DYING IN BELIEF, SHALL BE BORN AGAIN, BY the POWER OF GOD, and SHALL have satisfied Gods requirement to enter Gods Kingdom.

nothing about baptismal regeneration Jn 3:5 by or according to water and the spirit
Why in verse 22 did the go to the river (water) and baptized???

Why not go about preaching “accept Jesus as your personal lord and savior”??? (Baptist tradition not found in scripture)

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
nothing about baptismal regeneration Jn 3:5 by or according to water and the spirit
Why in verse 22 did the go to the river (water) and baptized???

Gods PLAN, foretold, then manifested.

Isa 40: (LORD speaking to Isaiah)
[3] The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the LORD, make straight in the desert a highway for our God.

Luke 1: (LORD speaking to Zachariah about his son John)
[76] And thou, child, shalt be called the prophet of the Highest: for thou shalt go before the face of the Lord to prepare his ways;

John the Water Baptizer, goes into the wilderness, preparing the Way of the LORD...

Why not go about preaching “accept Jesus as your personal lord and savior”??? (Baptist tradition not found in scripture)

Baptist tradition expressly found in Scripture.
Catholic is not found in Scripture.
Head sprinkling of water not found in Scripture.
Baby baptism not found in Scripture.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

[3] The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the LORD, make straight in the desert a highway for our God.

[76] And thou, child, shalt be called the prophet of the Highest: for thou shalt go before the face of the Lord to prepare his ways;

John the Water Baptizer, goes into the wilderness, preparing the Way of the LORD...

JTB prepared the way by baptism not preaching baptist tradition

The biblical mandate of God’s work of creation!

Water and the spirit!

First creation:

Gen 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. 2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

(water and the spirit)

Noah:

Gen 8:8 Also he sent forth a dove (representing the spirit) from him…

(Water and the spirit)

Red Sea:

Led thru the waters by the spirit.
Exodus 13:21
And the Lord went before them by day in a pillar of a cloud, to lead them the way; and by night in a pillar of fire, to give them light; to go by day and night:

(Water and the spirit)

Josuha

Joshua and the people of Israel crossing of the Jordan led by the spirit.

Joshua 1:1 Now after the death of Moses the servant of the Lord it came to pass, that the Lord spake unto Joshua the son of Nun, Moses’ minister, saying, 2 Moses my servant is dead; now therefore arise, go over this Jordan, thou, and all this people, unto the land which I do give to them, even to the children of Israel.

(Water and the spirit)

Prophecy of the new creation: (new covenant)

Ez 36:25 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you. 26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. 27 And I will put my spirit within you…
acts 2:38-39 “this promise”

(Water and the Spirit)

Baptism of Jesus

Jn 1:31 I come baptizing with water. 32 And John bare record, saying, I saw the Spirit descending from heaven like a dove, and it abode upon him.

(Water and the spirit)

New creation by water and the spirit

Jn 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

(Water and the spirit)

Christian sacrament of baptismal regeneration is by: WATER AND THE SPIRIT!

No one is born again by:

“the spirit alone”!
Or
“Faith alone”!

Water AND the spirit is the biblical mandate!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Baptism is the initiation of the new and eternal covenant!

You cannot enter on you’re own or by “faith alone”!

You cannot receive Christ or grace by “faith alone”!

“Accept Christ as you’re personal lord and savior” is fundamentalist baptist tradition not found scripture!

2 pet 1: 11 For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

Baptismal regeneration a new creation in Christ! 2 Cor 5:17

A sacrament is an oath! A sacred promise from God! Ez 36:25-27
Acts 2:38-39 (this promise)

No baptism no grace!

A sacrament is an outward sign for all men including infants And a gift from God to help us see what he does inwardly and invisibly by his grace!

As grace Washes our souls in the merits of Jesus blood from original and personal sin, so the outward action of washing is visible!

without the outward action the inward action cannot take place!

Jn 3:5 Titus 3:5 water and washing
acts 22:16 wash away your sin!

Jn 3:5 Born again BY water and the spirit! Not by “faith alone”!

They did not go to Jerusalem and preach “accept Christ as you’re personal Lord and savior “

They went to the river (water) and they baptized! Jn 3:22

A covenant requires an outward sign of the inward action of grace!

Ez 36:25 I will sprinkle you with clean water and you shall be made white as snow.

Acts 22:16 washing away your sins.

Eph 4:5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism.

1 pet 3:21 baptism saves you.

You cannot enter on you’re own or by faith alone!

2 pet 1: 11 For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

Heb 2:11 For both he that sanctifieth and they who are sanctified are all of one: for which cause he is not ashamed to call them brethren,

Baptism!

God breathed life into Adam, gen 2:7 and we received this life from our fathers!

Christ breathed on the apostles our spiritual fathers, we receive the new covenant life of God’s grace from them thru faith & baptism! Jn 20:21-23 Mk 16:16 acts 8:36-38 eph 2

Born again! Born from above!

'The Father has set his seal' on Christ (John 6:27) and also seals us in him (cf. 2 Corinthians 1:22; Ephesians 1:23, 4:30). Because this seal indicates the indelible effect of the anointing with the Holy Spirit in the sacrament of Baptism,

Baptism indeed is the seal of eternal life." 87 The faithful Christian who I has "kept the seal" until the end, remaining faithful to the demands of his Baptism, will be able to depart this life "marked with the sign of faith," 88 with his baptismal faith, in expectation of the blessed vision of God - the consummation of faith - and in the hope of resurrection.

St. Paul tells the faithful at Ephesus that they have been “sealed with the promised Holy Spirit.” This is in terms of an indelible character imprinted on the soul in the sacraments of baptism and confirmation. It is not as if this invisible mark is simply decorative. Rather, through it, we are enabled to participate in Christ’s mission and in his offices of priest, prophet, and king. Eph 1:13

Sealed by God eph 1:13 sealed by God (ez 36:25-27) in the ark of salvation by baptism just as Noah was sealed by God in the ark of the flood gen 7:16

1 Pet 3:20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us!
(Ark of Noah a type of the church, member of Christ and his church and salvation by baptism!)
(Outside the ark of Noah none were saved, outside the church (the ark of salvation) none are saved!)

Sealed in the ark, sealed in the church the ark of salvation by God thru baptism!

Christ instituted the holy church for the salvation of all men, (repent and believe the gospel, with the institution of the sacraments to convey grace to sanctify souls!

Effects of faith & baptism!

Ez 36:25-27 washed in baptism, with a new heart and the Spirit
Jn 3:5 born again in baptism
Mk 16:16 faith & baptist
Acts 2:38 repentance & baptism
Acts 8:36-38 faith & baptism
Acts 22:16 baptism washes away sin
Rom 6:3 died with Christ
Col 2:12 risen with Christ
1 cor 12:13 baptized into the church
Gal 3:27 by baptism put on Christ
2 Tim 1:10 eph 2:1 and 5 brought to life
2 cor 5:17 new creation
Eph 1:13 sealed by the Holy Spirit
Eph 4:5 one baptism
Eph 5:26 faith and baptism
Titus 3:5 baptismal regeneration
1 pet 1:2 washed in Christ’s blood
1 pet 2:9 the kingdom of light
1 pet 3:20-21 baptism saves us!

“Faith alone” accomplishes nothing!
1 cor 13:2 even all faith (alone) without charity avails NOTHING!!!

Faith and baptism!

Scripture says none of the things about “Faith alone”!

2 Peter 1:11
For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

The Christian sacrament of baptism is the Initiation into the new covenant and must be ministered to you by the apostles!

“Faith alone”

Questions

where does scripture says we have died with Christ by “faith alone”?

Rom 6:3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

where does scripture say we are members of Christ and his church by “faith alone”?

1 Corinthians 12:13
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

where does scripture says we put on Christ by “faith alone”?

Galatians 3:27
For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

Where does scripture say our sins are washed away by “faith alone”?

Acts 22:16
And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

where does scripture say we are saved or justified by “faith alone”?

1 pet 3:21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us!

The only reference in scripture to “faith alone” is James 2:24 NOT BY “FAITH ALONE”?

How can you enter by your own if it must be ministered to you? Baptism is done unto you, “not do it yourself by faith alone”

Jn 3:5 born again by faith alone?

Where is “Accept Christ as your personal lord & savior” is found in scripture?

They did not go preaching this line but went immediately to the river and baptized Jn 3:22

Acts 22:16
And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Galatians 3:27
For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

Eph 4:5 one baptism

Why don’t it say one teeny tiny little act of “faith alone”???

When we first believed we are saved?

Romans 13:11
And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.

How can salvation be nearer than when we first believed if you’re saved by believing?

1 pet 1:9 Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.

Matt 24:13 endures to the end Shall be saved.

How can salvation happen when we first believed if it’s the end?

If salvation is by “faith alone” then faith would be the greatest!
1 cor 13:13 charity is the greatest!

Even all faith much less “faith alone” without charity avails nothing!
1 cor 13:2

“Faith alone” unbiblical!

“Faith alone” is a heresy condemned by the authority of Christ in holy apostolic council!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Infant Baptism is biblical!

Acts 2:38-39 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

Promise is to you’re children! Vs 39

This promise made in ez 36
A promise from God is a sacred oath, and a sacred oath is a sacrament!

Ez 36:25 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.

26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

Jn 3:5 born again by water and the spirit.

Acts 16:15 entire household baptized! Does not say except infants!

Ez 36:25 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness.

(It does not say accept infants!)
(Scripture does not say anywhere “do not baptized infants”)

Baptism is the Christian initiation sacrament of the new covenant for all men. Matt 28:19 Jn 1:29 Jn 3:16

For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit. (It does not say except infants!) (but it does say “all”)!

Lk 1:10-11 all people including infants

Thee faith is required for baptism.
Mk 16:16 acts 8:36-38

If it’s not possible (as in the case of infants) it’s not required.

But the promise of the parents to raise and educate the child in the faith is required, then the child is confirmed in thee faith at the age of reason.

Repentance is required for baptism. Acts 2:38

If there is no personal sin to repent of (as in the case of infants) then it’s not required.

For two thousand years the church founded by Christ on Peter and the apostles has always baptized infants!

Augustine
It is this one Spirit who makes it possible for an infant to be regenerated . . . when that INFANT is brought to baptism; and it is through this one Spirit that the infant so presented is reborn. For it is not written, "Unless a man be born again by the will of his parents" or "by the faith of those presenting him or ministering to him," but, "Unless a man be born again of water and the Holy Spirit." The water, therefore, manifesting exteriorly the sacrament of grace, and the Spirit effecting interiorly the benefit of grace, both regenerate in one Christ that man who was generated in Adam (Letters 98:2 [A.D. 408]).

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Infant Baptism is biblical!

Acts 2:38-39 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

Promise is to you’re children! Vs 39

This promise made in ez 36
A promise from God is a sacred oath, and a sacred oath is a sacrament!

Ez 36:25 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.

26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

Jn 3:5 born again by water and the spirit.

Acts 16:15 entire household baptized! Does not say except infants!

Ez 36:25 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness.

(It does not say accept infants!)
(Scripture does not say anywhere “do not baptized infants”)

Baptism is the Christian initiation sacrament of the new covenant for all men. Matt 28:19 Jn 1:29 Jn 3:16

For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit. (It does not say except infants!) (but it does say “all”)!

Lk 1:10-11 all people including infants

Thee faith is required for baptism.
Mk 16:16 acts 8:36-38

If it’s not possible (as in the case of infants) it’s not required.

But the promise of the parents to raise and educate the child in the faith is required, then the child is confirmed in thee faith at the age of reason.

Repentance is required for baptism. Acts 2:38

If there is no personal sin to repent of (as in the case of infants) then it’s not required.

For two thousand years the church founded by Christ on Peter and the apostles has always baptized infants!

Augustine
It is this one Spirit who makes it possible for an infant to be regenerated . . . when that INFANT is brought to baptism; and it is through this one Spirit that the infant so presented is reborn. For it is not written, "Unless a man be born again by the will of his parents" or "by the faith of those presenting him or ministering to him," but, "Unless a man be born again of water and the Holy Spirit." The water, therefore, manifesting exteriorly the sacrament of grace, and the Spirit effecting interiorly the benefit of grace, both regenerate in one Christ that man who was generated in Adam (Letters 98:2 [A.D. 408]).

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
no response that mean you accept it all
Silence gives consent

No I do not give consent for you to SPEAK FOR ME.
No I am not require to Read your posts or Respond to your posts.

Born of water is not being dipped or sprinkled with water.

Born of water is a humans Natural Birth from the Seed of man.
Born of the spirit is a humans Supernatural Spiritual Birth from the Seed of God.

Both a natural birth AND a spiritual birth is REQUIRED to enter the Kingdom Of God.

A spiritual birth DOES NOT OCCUR UNTIL AFTER THE FIRST BORN BODY DIES.

Prim

Sep 13, 2022
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Unity of faith!

“Bible alone” is the cos of division / confusion:

Not opposed to the Bible, but the doctrine of the “Bible alone” is the only authority, or the Bible and the teaching authority of Christ in His church founded on Peter and his successors! Matt 16:18-19 Matt 28:19 Lk 1:4 acts 1:8 acts 8:31 acts 2:42

Who is the arbiter of truth!

You can decide.
You can decide what is true.
You can decide what is truth.
You can decide right and wrong.

Not one of these are found in scripture!

Found in scripture!
Taught is found 79 times
Instructed is found 19 times
Instruction is found 33 times

Jn 14:6 6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Lk 1:4 That thou mightest know the certainty of those things, wherein thou hast been instructed.

Matt 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Acts 8:31 And he said, How can I, except some man should guide me? And he desired Philip that he would come up and sit with him.

Colossians 2:7
Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught…

Matt 18:17 And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican.

1 Tim 3:15 But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth.
With or without the Bible your always still going to have confusion. After all we live in a fallen world . We’d be a whole lot more confused without it don’t you think .

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
With or without the Bible your always still going to have confusion. After all we live in a fallen world . We’d be a whole lot more confused without it don’t you think .

Not really how it is. Those truly in Christ Jesus as His disciples are not in the confusion that those who follow men and their traditions are. Lord Jesus said that if you stay in His Word you would know the Truth, and the Truth would set you free (meaning your heart and mind apart from this world).

Without a doubt those that keep men's traditions instead are confused because they left The Word of God, so God stopped showing them anything by The Holy Spirit and allowed them to go into confusion.

Prim

Sep 13, 2022
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Not really how it is. Those truly in Christ Jesus as His disciples are not in the confusion that those who follow men and their traditions are. Lord Jesus said that if you stay in His Word you would know the Truth, and the Truth would set you free (meaning your heart and mind apart from this world).

Without a doubt those that keep men's traditions instead are confused because they left The Word of God, so God stopped showing them anything by The Holy Spirit and allowed them to go into confusion.
Some things in scripture are rather straight forward other things in the bible.are not. You only have to look at the many interpretations of end times scenarios we have. The Holy Spirit often speaks though scripture to us individually in different ways. More so in edification and comfort. The book of Psalms be a perfect example of that. Yes the truth does set us free and the Holy Spirit shall lead us into all truth. But the word of God is a life time journey of study as is our relationship with our lord and saviour Jesus Christ.

Last edited:

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Implications:

Statements have implications that cannot be denied!

There are true and false implications!

Many times Jesus used implications instead of a direct answer.

Jn 18:33 are you the king of the Jews? Vs 36 Jesus said: my kingdom is not of this world implying that He is a king.

Lk 7:19 And John calling unto him two of his disciples sent them to Jesus, saying, Art thou he that should come? or look we for another?

Vs 22 Then Jesus answering said unto them, Go your way, and tell John what things ye have seen and heard; how that the blind see, the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, the deaf hear, the dead are raised, to the poor the gospel is preached.
Implying that He is the messiah.

Matt 12:28 But if I cast out devils by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God is come unto you.
The kingdom is implied by the working of the spirit.

King: implies a queen.

New Adam: implies a new eve.

Disciple: implies faith, self denial, and suffering.

To reject the church is to reject Christ who founded it. Matt 16:18-19

To reject the teaching authority of Christ in his church or to accept the doctrine of the “Bible alone” is to reject Christ who established the teaching authority. Lk 10:16

The mother of God implies the divinity of Christ.

False implications:
To a fundamentalist the name of Mary implies false worship and idolatry feeding many misconceptions and misunderstandings.

The name Jesus implies salvation!

Reactions: Prim

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Born of the spirit is a humans Supernatural Spiritual Birth from the Seed of God.

Both a natural birth AND a spiritual birth is REQUIRED to enter the Kingdom Of God.

Heb 10:22
Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.

Examples
Sprinkle, sprinkled, sprinkling:

Blood:
Ex 24:6
Ex 24:8
Ex 29:16
Lev 1:5
2 kings 16:13
2 chron 29:22
1 pet 1:2

Water:
Num 8:7
Num 19:18

Sprinkle: refers to baptismal regeneration!
Isa 52:15
Ez 36:25

Immersion is not found in scripture!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Implications:

Statements have implications that cannot be denied!

There are true and false implications!

Many times Jesus used implications instead of a direct answer.

Jn 18:33 are you the king of the Jews? Vs 36 Jesus said: my kingdom is not of this world implying that He is a king.

Lk 7:19 And John calling unto him two of his disciples sent them to Jesus, saying, Art thou he that should come? or look we for another?

Vs 22 Then Jesus answering said unto them, Go your way, and tell John what things ye have seen and heard; how that the blind see, the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, the deaf hear, the dead are raised, to the poor the gospel is preached.
Implying that He is the messiah.

Matt 12:28 But if I cast out devils by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God is come unto you.
The kingdom is implied by the working of the spirit.

King: implies a queen.

New Adam: implies a new eve.

Disciple: implies faith, self denial, and suffering.

To reject the church is to reject Christ who founded it. Matt 16:18-19

To reject the teaching authority of Christ in his church or to accept the doctrine of the “Bible alone” is to reject Christ who established the teaching authority. Lk 10:16

The mother of God implies the divinity of Christ.

False implications:
To a fundamentalist the name of Mary implies false worship and idolatry feeding many misconceptions and misunderstandings.

The name Jesus implies salvation!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I never said no to the scripture only no to the false doctrine of “the Bible alone” apart from the church the teaching authority of Christ!

how can you even know what is the Bible?
Have you ever read Dan 13 about the faith of Susana?

Truth must be revealed by God, and in its fullness in the sacred deposit of faith by Christ to his church! Eph 4:5 Jude 1:3 and must be taught by the church, or proposed for our belief by the apostles!
Matt 28:19-20 Lk 1:4 Jn 20:21 acts 8:31 Rom 1:5 col 2:7 1 Tim 3:15
matt 18:17

Christ and His church are one! acts 9:4 Acts 5:32 Jn 15:1-5

Truth is immutable! Cannot change!

Truth and the church are divine!
They come from God and cannot be in error or imperfect so they cannot change or be reformed by man to say they can is blasphemy and treason against God who revealed them!

And same truths revealed by Christ and taught by the church are always believed and taught from the beginning when Christ taught his church in person! Jude 1:3 the faith once delivered to the saints or the deposit of faith eph 4:5 one faith!

Truth must be revealed by God thru Christ to His church (the apostles Jude 1:3) then must be proposed by the church, (Matt 28:19 gal 3:23) without error by the Holy Spirit! (Jn 16:13)

The evidence of true faith is humble subjection and obedience to Christ & His holy church!

The rule of faith for Christians is Jesus Christ Jn 14:6 and His church! Matt 18:17 acts 2:42 1 Tim 3:15

True Christians cannot listen to the errors of excommunicated heretics, but we listen faithfully to Christ, in the bosom of holy mother church, the only ark of salvation!
1 pet 3:20-21 matt 18:17 matt 16:18-19 matt 28:19-20 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-23

2 Thessalonians 1:8
In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:

Jesus Christ founded the new covenant church for the salvation of all men! (Jn 1:16-17) Christ is the truth! (Jn 14:6) Christ and his church are one!
(Acts 9;4 eph 5:32)
The church is the pillar of truth
(1 Tim 3:15) that must teach all men (Matt 28:19) without error guided by the Holy Spirit
(Jn 16:13) Thru the grace of God in the sanctification of souls applied in the seven sacraments!

Christ established the sacraments as the primary means of grace!

Sacramental life: Jn 1:16 And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace. Jn 10:10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

Christ founded the church for the salvation of souls!
Teach and sanctify all men unto eternal salvation!
Matt 28:19

hope you understand

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.

Immersion is not found in scripture!

Water...is plenty available to men to ... sprinkle, dip, immerse, their body, their clothing, their possessions....ie CLEAN the OUTSIDE!

It satisfies the INDIVIDUAL, and satisfies the Eyes of ON LOOKERS...
It’s a long standing RITUAL that men are quite capable of doing, which that ONLY addresses the OUTSIDE FLESH.

Ding, ding, ding........Jesus came with a MESSAGE about CLEANSING the INSIDE of a man ONCE and FOREVER. Have you HEARD?
It’s the BLOOD OF JESUS...