“Bible alone” is the cos of confusion!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Unity of faith!

“Bible alone” is the cos of division / confusion:

Not opposed to the Bible, but the doctrine of the “Bible alone” is the only authority, or the Bible and the teaching authority of Christ in His church founded on Peter and his successors! Matt 16:18-19 Matt 28:19 Lk 1:4 acts 1:8 acts 8:31 acts 2:42

Who is the arbiter of truth!

You can decide.
You can decide what is true.
You can decide what is truth.
You can decide right and wrong.

Not one of these are found in scripture!

Found in scripture!
Taught is found 79 times
Instructed is found 19 times
Instruction is found 33 times

Jn 14:6 6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Lk 1:4 That thou mightest know the certainty of those things, wherein thou hast been instructed.

Matt 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Acts 8:31 And he said, How can I, except some man should guide me? And he desired Philip that he would come up and sit with him.

Colossians 2:7
Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught…

Matt 18:17 And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican.

1 Tim 3:15 But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth.

Reactions: The Learner

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Unity of faith!

You claim that an organisation is the final arbiter of 'truth' an organisation that is so devided that it has had three leaders in power at the same time all exocomunicating each other. An organisation that still proclaims that to have saving faith is anathema.

No thank you.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You claim that an organisation is the final arbiter of 'truth' an organisation that is so devided that it has had three leaders in power at the same time all exocomunicating each other. An organisation that still proclaims that to have saving faith is anathema.

No thank you.

there is only one head of the church Jesus Christ!

“Faith alone” is condemned yrs as are all errors!

Truth must be revealed by God, and in its fullness in the sacred deposit of faith by Christ to his church! Eph 4:5 Jude 1:3 and must be taught by the church, or proposed for our belief by the apostles!
Matt 28:19-20 Lk 1:4 Jn 20:21 acts 8:31 Rom 1:5 col 2:7 1 Tim 3:15
matt 18:17

Christ and His church are one! acts 9:4 Acts 5:32 Jn 15:1-5

Truth must be revealed by God thru Christ to His church (the apostles Jude 1:3) then must be proposed by the church, (Matt 28:19 gal 3:23) without error by the Holy Spirit! (Jn 16:13)

The evidence of true faith is humble subjection and obedience to Christ & His holy church!

The rule of faith for Christians is Jesus Christ Jn 14:6 and His church! Matt 18:17 acts 2:42 1 Tim 3:15

True Christians cannot listen to the errors of excommunicated heretics, but we listen faithfully to Christ, in the bosom of holy mother church, the only ark of salvation!
1 pet 3:20-21 matt 18:17 matt 16:18-19 matt 28:19-20 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-23

Truth must be revealed by God thru Christ to His church (the apostles Jude 1:3) then must be proposed by the church, (Matt 28:19 gal 3:23) without error by the Holy Spirit! (Jn 16:13)

Christ and His church are one! (Acts 9:4 eph 5:31 Jn 15:1-5)

Rejection of the one true church or its teaching is rejection of Christ and God!

Christ and His church are one! Acts 9:4 eph 5:32 Jn 8:12 & Matt 5:14

God does not reveal His truth in a vacuum!

God does not set His true adrift on a sea of spiritual anarchy!

God sets His truth in His church, in the possession of His apostles to safeguard, to ensure it is not added to, or taken away from, or changed in any way!

And to teach the same truth to all nations and all ages!

Verified by scripture:

Matthew 24:35
Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

Matt 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost!

Jude 1:3 Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints!

2 Thessalonians 2:15
Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle.

2 Timothy 3:16
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness!
(all scripture not 66 books alone)

Must be instructed in the faith:

Lk 1:4 That thou mightest know the certainty of those things, wherein thou hast been instructed.

Matt 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations…

Jn 29:21-23 as the father sent me, so I send you. (Same mission, power, and authority to teach all nations)

Lk 10:16 He who hears you, (His apostles) hear me.

Jn 13:20 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

Jn 8:32 You (the apostles) shall know the truth; and the truth shall make you free.

Jn 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.
(His apostles)

The whole purpose for the church of Jesus Christ is to teach all nations the truths revealed by Christ and the salvation of souls!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The problem with bible alone is not the bible. It's a persons IQ to interpret that bible. But that is a common flaw I see. Problems that people have to understand the bible.

The other problem I see a lot is throwing out half or more of the verses to accept and preach a couple verses. That also seems to happen a lot.

And bible alone is not scriptural since the bible has set up a church with bishops and deacons, something that does not reflect the current Catholic church. And it also says to gather in that church often.

Reactions: By_God's_Grace

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

No thank you.

you will have to ignore much scripture!

Jesus Christ continues HIS ministry in His new covenant church thru Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and authority!
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Matt 18:17 acts 1:8 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 acts 9:4 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 eph 2:20 acts 2:42 1 Tim 3:15

1 Corinthians 16:22
If any man love not the Lord Jesus Christ, let him be Anathema Maranatha.

This extends to the truth and to the church founded by Christ to teach all
men!

Cos Jesus Christ is the truth and cos His church is of divine origin, commissioned to teach the truth!

Christians must be taught and that requires humility! Lk 1:4 matt 28:19-20 matt 16:18-19 & 18:18 acts 2:42 acts 8:31

Teaching authority of the Apostles and their successors founded in the one true church by Jesus Christ!

Jesus Christ is the head of the church, (eph 5:23) the body of Christ,
(col 1:18) the new and eternal covenant, (pre-figured Jer 31:31) (Heb 8:8) new covenant replaces the Mosaic covenant, (Heb 8:13) holy mother church replaced Israel Matthew 21:43 Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof.
Christ replaces David as king, (Lk 1:32-33) Jesus Christ is the only mediator between God and men, (1 Tim 2:5 & Heb 12:24) but a mediator remains on earth mediating between God and His people, but Christ ascended to heaven, (acts 1) before He did He founded His church, on Peter, and the apostles, and their successors!
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Acts 1:17 acts 2:42 acts 8:31 & 35 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 16:13
Jn 20:21-22 eph 2:20

What authority does Christ have?
What power does Christ have?
What mission / ministry does Christ have?

Peter, the apostles and their successors have the same authority, power, and mission!

Jn 20:21 as my father sent me, even so send I you!

John 17:18
As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.

The apostles are Christ’s successors!
They have authority to send others as well until Christ returns in glory!

apostle means one who is sent!

Therefore the apostles have authority to send more apostles or successors!

Apostolic succession!

The nations still need to be taught, disciples still need to be baptized and the church the new covenant kingdom of christ still needs to be governed!

Hebrews 3:1
Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus;

Christ is an apostle, and has authority to send other apostles, the apostles also have this authority, so the apostles continue down thru the centuries as Christ promised! Matt 28:19-20

Keys of authority! And power to bind and loose! Matt 16:18 and Matt 18:18 matt 28:19 Isa 22:21-22

Moral authority:
(Teaching)
Necessity of being taught by Christ:
Two edge sword: defining truth and condemning errors, and Interpreting scripture.

Jurisdictional authority:
(Governing / administering)
Necessity of Peter and the apostles and their successors to govern the holy church.

Spiritual authority:
(Life of Grace)
Sanctifying thru the mass and Sacraments for the forgiveness of sin.

The apostles teaching is Christ’s teaching, Christ and His church are one! Acts 9:4

Christian rule of faith is not the Bible alone! But the doctrine of the apostles! Acts 2:42

Jesus Christ continues HIS ministry in His new covenant church thru Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and authority!
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 eph 2:2

The teaching of Peter and the apostles and successors is the teaching of Christ!

Authority in what they teach and not in a person in an office!

Jesus is not our salvation: only what He taught?

Lk 2:30 Matt 16:16 Jesus in His person is our salvation, not only in what He taught!
Matt 16:13 not what do people say about what I teach, but whom do people say the I am!

The teaching of the successors of Moses not their person?

The successors of Moses sit in the seat of Moses Matt 23:1

Peters confession not Peters person? Matt 16:18

You give the keys to a person not to a confession!

Acts 1:26 they choose Mathias not the teaching of Mathias!

Lk 10:16
He who hears you hears me...

John 13:20
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

What authority does Christ have?
What power does Christ have?
What mission / ministry does Christ have?

Peter, the apostles and their successors have the same authority, power, and mission! Jn 20:21 as my father sent me, even so send I you!

We must be taught by Peter, the apostles, and their successors! Lk 10:16 Matt 28:19 Jn 21:17 Jn 16:13 acts 2:42

Matt 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Acts 8:30 And Philip ran thither to him, and heard him read the prophet Esaias, and said, Understandest thou what thou readest?

31 And he said, How can I, except some man should guide me? And he desired Philip that he would come up and sit with him.

Col 2:7 Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving.

Matthew 18:17
And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican.

It is a thing unthinkable! To refuse to hear the church is to refuse to hear Christ!
Christ and His church are one. Acts 9:4

Spiritual Fathers have care for our souls!

Acts 20:28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

Jn 21:17 feed my sheep:

Heb 13:7 Remember them which have the rule over you, who have spoken unto you the word of God: whose faith follow, considering the end of their conversation.

Heb 13:17 Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they care for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.

1 Tim 1:2 Unto Timothy, my own son in the faith: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God our Father and Jesus Christ our Lord.

Gal 4:19 My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you

1 John 2
My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not.

That makes Paul and John spiritual fathers, pastors of our souls!

Obedience of the faithful Christians or spiritual anarchy of the heretical fundamentalists!

————

Spiritual Fathers (apostles) have care for our souls!

Acts 20:28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

Jn 21:17 feed my sheep:

Heb 13:7 Remember them which have the rule over you, who have spoken unto you the word of God: whose faith follow, considering the end of their conversation.

Heb 13:17 Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they care for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.

1 Tim 1:2 Unto Timothy, my own son in the faith: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God our Father and Jesus Christ our Lord.

Gal 4:19 My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you

1 John 2
My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not.

That makes Paul and John spiritual fathers, pastors of our souls!

______\_
Temple search

Care for our souls
(Acts 20:28 Jn 21:17 Heb 13:17)

Keys of the kingdom
(Is 22 Mt 16:18)
Peter the prince and first (Mt 10:2)

Matt 10:2

Luke 10:16

Mt 16:18-19

Matt 28:18-20

The teaching authority of the apostles is the God breathed word of God!

Jn 20:23 He breathed on them (the apostles) and said receive the Holy Spirit…

Lk 10:16 he who hears you (the apostles) hears me. (Hears the word of God)

Jn 20:21 as the father sent me, I send you.

Acts 2:42 the doctrine of the apostles is the word of God!

Matt 28:18-20

18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

1 cor 11:23 For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, that the Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed took bread:

1 Jn 1:3 That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ

1 Jn 1:5 This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.

(The apostles received the word of God and handed it down to us, partly in the scripture)

2 Thessalonians 2:15
Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Its not the Word of God that causes confusion, as how can TRUTH do that?

So, what causes confusion, is misinterpretation of the Truth, usually based on not being able to spiritually discern it.
Many Denominations are built on that issue.

And a person says.....>"how do you know when a person has misunderstood the Bible, the New Testament".

Well, those deceivers are easy locate.......if you know how to HEAR them..

Here is how you HEAR them .. = If they believe that they can lose their Salvation is the #1 proof...., as that proves they have misunderstood The Cross, The Grace of God, The Blood Atonement, The finished work of Jesus on the Cross, Redemption, and Eternal Life.
So, if they got all that wrong, what did they get right?

In general, not much, or worse, they became involved in a Cult, or started a few.

Last edited:

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Its not the Word of God that causes confusion, as how can TRUTH do that?

So, what causes confusion, is misinterpretation of the Truth, usually based on not being able to spiritually discern it.
Many Denominations are built on that issue.

And a person says.....>"how do you know when a person has misunderstood the Bible, the New Testament".

Well, those deceivers are easy locate.......if you know how to HEAR them..

Here is how you HEAR them .. = If they believe that they can lose their Salvation is the #1 proof...., as that proves they have misunderstood The Cross, The Grace of God, The Blood Atonement, The finished work of Jesus on the Cross, Redemption, and Eternal Life.
So, if they got all that wrong, what did they get right?

In general, not much, or worse, they became involved in a Cult, or started a few.

these things continue in the church and apostles

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Eternal life is by the Spirit of God. We have both the Bible AND the Spirit to guide us into all truth.

Traditions of men lead people astray. Besides, we will never all agree on the same errors. The corruption of ALL man-inspired institutions (including the RCC) is evident to all but to the indoctrinated.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Eternal life is by the Spirit of God. We have both the Bible AND the Spirit to guide us into all truth.

Traditions of men lead people astray. Besides, we will never all agree on the same errors. The corruption of ALL man-inspired institutions (including the RCC) is evident to all but to the indoctrinated.

there is only one church Jn 10:16 founded by Christ on Peter Matt 16:18-19 who teaches all men Matt 28:19 without error Jn 16:13

Truth must be revealed by God, and in its fullness in the sacred deposit of faith by Christ to his church! Eph 4:5 Jude 1:3 and must be taught by the church, or proposed for our belief by the apostles!
Matt 28:19-20 Lk 1:4 Jn 20:21 acts 8:31 Rom 1:5 col 2:7 1 Tim 3:15
matt 18:17

Christ and His church are one! acts 9:4 Acts 5:32 Jn 15:1-5

The evidence of true faith is humble subjection and obedience to Christ & His holy church!

The rule of faith for Christians is Jesus Christ Jn 14:6 and His church! Matt 18:17 acts 2:42 1 Tim 3:15

True Christians cannot listen to the errors of excommunicated heretics, but we listen faithfully to Christ, in the bosom of holy mother church, the only ark of salvation!

Rejection of the one true church or its teaching is rejection of Christ and God!

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
the church founded by Christ

This is part of the devide, you belief the myths that there is an unbrocken sucession of leaders going back to the apostles.
I believe as Jesus said to the woman at the well, 'that we are to worship in spirit and in truth'.
The organisation does not matter.

Reactions: Nancy

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is part of the devide, you belief the myths that there is an unbrocken sucession of leaders going back to the apostles.
I believe as Jesus said to the woman at the well, 'that we are to worship in spirit and in truth'.
The organisation does not matter.

apostolic succession acts 1:26
Jn 20:21

faith and baptism
Matt 28:18 teach (thee faith) and baptized

baptized into the new covenant church

1 Corinthians 12:13
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

One church Jn 10:16 founded by Christ on Peter and the apostles Matt 16:18-19 eph 2:20

only in the church and by the holy sacrifice of the mass is it possible to worship God in spirit and in truth!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Found in scripture!
Taught is found 79 times
Instructed is found 19 times
Instruction is found 33 times
Such a fun study!

"Lord over" is found 233 times.
"Hypocrites" is found 31 times.
"Woe" is found 99 times.
"Of men" is found 1,153 times.
"Of the Spirit" is found 480 times.

But I would agree, "Bible alone" is only the tip of the iceberg, and is against the Spirit.

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
apostolic succession acts 1:26
Jn 20:21

john20:21 Again Jesus said, “Peace be with you! As the Father has sent me, I am sending you.”

acts 1: 26 Then they cast lots, and the lot fell to Matthias; so he was added to the eleven apostles.

Have nothing to say about the Roman Catholic church.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
john20:21 Again Jesus said, “Peace be with you! As the Father has sent me, I am sending you.”

acts 1: 26 Then they cast lots, and the lot fell to Matthias; so he was added to the eleven apostles.

Have nothing to say about the Roman Catholic church.

Christ founded the church on Peter!

Ephesians 1:10
That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him:

Requirements of the church founded by Christ!

One:
Holy:
Catholic / universal:
Apostolic succession:
The teacher of truth to all men without error:
Visible kingdom with visible unity:
Founded by God in Christ not by any man!

Not a collection of believers but a hierarchical church with jurisdictional authority!

Truth is immutable!
The church is ir-reformable!

Both are from God who is the same yesterday, today, and forever!

Lk 1:32-33 His kingdom shall have no end!

Matt 16:18-19 shall not prevail!

Jn 21:23 same mission, power, and authority as Christ!

The church is built only by Christ on His apostles! Matt 16:18 eph 2:20

What authority did the so called reformers have?

How can you reject Christ and his church

Truth must be

One True Church founded by Christ on Peter and the apostles and their successors!

Christ and His church are one, what Christ did the church continues to do, the church is an extension of Christ!
To attack the church is to attack Christ!
Acts 9:4 Jn 20:21-23

Eph 5: 23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.

24 Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.

25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,

27 That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.

28 So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself.

29 For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church:

30 For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.

31 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.

32 This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.

This extends to the truth and to the church founded by Christ to teach all
men!

Cos Jesus Christ is the truth and cos His church is of divine origin, commissioned to teach the truth!

Acts 2:42 does not say; they held fast to thier personal private judgement of the “Bible alone” but the doctrine of the apostles.

Acts 2:42 And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.

Nature of the church!

Christ is the one who is truth!

Jn 14:6 I am the truth!

and this must extend to his church! 1 Tim 3:15

Christ is the light! Jn 8:12
And this must extend to His church! Matt 5:14

This must extend to the truth and to the church founded by Christ to teach all men!

5) The nature of the church!

The church does not require scripture to know the truths revealed by God! Jude 1:3, 1 Tim 3:15

Church is eternal! Lk 1:32-33

Christ and His apostolic church are one! Matt 5:14 Jn 15:1 Acts 9:4 eph 5:32 1 Tim 3:15

The holy church is a Perfect society founded by Christ for the salvation of all men!

And to Faithfully transmit and saintly safeguard the deposit of faith!

No one has authority from Christ except His church of the apostles to define and declare truth!

Scripture is the possession of the church!

All of divine revelation is the word of God and thee faith given to the church of the apostles by Christ
to safeguard against all error, and
to faithfully teach all nations!

The doctrine of the “Bible alone” is heresy and is opposed by the scriptures. Matt 16:28-19 Matt 18:18 Jn 29:21-23 Acts 2:42 1 Tim 3:15

The church is an extension of Christ who taught the truth, and the church is commanded to teach all nations these same truths called the deposit of faith! Matt 28:19 Jude 1:3

All scripture came by tradition!

By divine, apostolic, and inspired human tradition that is verified by the apostolic tradition!

The church of the apostles founded by Christ on Peter & the apostles received all of the faith, all truths revealed by God personally taught by Christ to his church!

The rule of faith is the doctrine of the apostles! Or the apostolic tradition! Acts 2:42

All men Must be taught, or instructed, Lk 1:4 acts 8:31 and hear the church Matt 18:17 and the church is the pillar of truth 1 Tim 3:15 cos Christ and his apostolic church are one!
Matt 5:14 , Jn 15:5, Acts 9:4, Eph 5:32

Truth must be revealed by Christ Jude 1:3 and taught by his apostolic church. Matt 28:19

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Holy:
Catholic / universal:
Apostolic succession:
The teacher of truth to all men without error:
Visible kingdom with visible unity:
Founded by God in Christ not by any man!

Well that rules out the RCC, as it is not holy, is not united and has invented plenty of doctrine.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well that rules out the RCC, as it is not holy, is not united and has invented plenty of doctrine.

evidence please?

it is holy cos it’s founder is Holy, the son of God!
And it’s the cos of mens justification, sanctification and salvation

the spotless bride of Christ!

holy mother church the new and heavenly Jerusalem!

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You started out with the statement that the Bible alone is not the arbiter of truth. With this I agree. Jesus said that the holy Spirit would lead us into all truth. The holy Spirit inspired the scriptures. So the holy Spirit would never contradict what He has already revealed through the prophets and apostles. Then you say...
Who is the arbiter of truth!

You can decide.
You can decide what is true.
You can decide what is truth.
You can decide right and wrong.
This is a classic strawman. No-one is claiming that they are the arbiter of truth.

KJV John 8:31-32
31 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;
32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

KJV John 14:6, 15-17, 23-26
6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.
16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.
24 He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.
25 These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you.
26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

The following prayer of Paul as written to the Ephesians, was written to Gentile converts, not to an elite self spiked hierarchy in Rome... Take note of what he is asking for on behalf of these lay believers in Christ...
KJV Ephesians 1:15-23
15 Wherefore I also, after I heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus, and love unto all the saints,
16 Cease not to give thanks for you, making mention of you in my prayers;
17 That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:
18 The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,
19 And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,
20 Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places,

21 Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come:
22 And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church,
23 Which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all.

This prayer as presented in God's word becomes a promise... Not to a magisterium of "suitably" qualified individuals in an institution... But to you and me. Think about what is promised here. The work of the holy Spirit in man reveals God. Reveals His will. And uses God's word as the vehicle for that will when it comes to doctrine and Truth.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Unity of faith!

“Bible alone” is the cos of division / confusion:

Yet another anti- “Bible alone” post....
Yet again he who is AGAINST “Bible alone”, has no clue, WHAT “Bible alone” means!

Do you think yourself qualified to DEFINE what “Bible Alone” MEANS?

If so, stop with your anti-rhetoric and DEFINE what “Bible Alone” means.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Worship of Mary, Who ever has saving faith is acursed.
Show where the one true church teaches worship of Mary!

not who ever has saving faith but “faith alone” apart from Christ his church and his sacraments

Sacraments instituted by Christ for the salvation of souls!

It’s not a do it yourself religion!
It’s not a bible study!

It’s a covenant!

Not by “faith alone”
“Faith alone” not biblical
You may think “Accept Jesus Christ as you personal Lord and savior” is biblical but there is no such verse in your bible!

Faith and the sacraments in the church founded by the authority Christ on Peter and the apostles is biblical!

Faith and baptism is the biblical initiation into the new covenant and member is Christ and His holy church!

Psalm 51 (baptism)
Ez 36:25-27 Mk 16:16 acts 8:36-38

You cannot enter a covenant by “faith alone” must be a ritual outward sign!
Faith and baptism! Mk 16:16 acts 8:36-38

Merits of christ’s passion, death, and precious blood are applied in the sacraments! Jn 1:16

Colossians 1:20
And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.

Matt 26:28 For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

Acts 22:16
And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

Rom 3:24
Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

1 pet 1:2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

Heb 10:22
Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.

Acts 2:47
Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.

Romans 5:5
And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.

For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Galatians 3:27
For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

Lk 1: 72 To perform the mercy promised to our fathers, and to remember his holy covenant;

73 The oath which he sware to our father Abraham,

74 That he would grant unto us, that we being delivered out of the hand of our enemies might serve him without fear,

There is only one true church founded by Christ on Peter and the apostles and their successors is the new covenant body of Christ! Matt 1:18 & Jn 10:16 one fold

1 Timothy 3:15
But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth.

Christ and His church are one: acts 9 why persecute me?

Eph 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

Sacraments are the fruit of the sacrifice!
The holy sacrifice of Christ, His passion, blood, and death producing unlimited fruits of divine grace, actual and sanctifying grace! Jn 1:29 Jn 1:16-17 Jn 10:10

“This promise” (sacred oath of God or sacrament) of the Father acts 2:38-39 with reference to ez 36:25-27 Also a mystery Mk 4:11 Eph 5:32 eph 6:19 1 Tim 3:9 3:16 Col 1:27 2:2 4:3

Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

Ez 36:25 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.

26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

Jn 3:5 born again by water and the spirit.

Heb 7:21 For those priests were made without an oath; but this with an oath by him that said unto him, The Lord sware and will not repent, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec
(Oath = sacrament)

Hebrews 8:6
But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises. Based on Jer 31:31 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

A promise is a sacred oath or sacrament!
Baptismal regeneration is the promise of the Father for union in the new covenant!

The church and the seven sacraments are necessary for salvation

Better covenant on better promises

2 Timothy 1:1
Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, according to the promise of life which is in Christ Jesus,

Life of supernatural grace merited by Christ in His passion and death!

An oath to sacramental life in the new covenant in union with the mediator and communion with God, and the saints!

Promise of the Father acts 2:23-39
Promise is an oath and an oath is a sacrament! This promise of the sacrament of baptism refers to ez. 36:25-27

Galatians 3:27
For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

1 Pet 3:20
Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us!
(Ark of Noah a type of the church, member of Christ and his church and salvation by baptism!)
(Outside the ark all died and outside the church there is no salvation!)

St. Paul tells the faithful at Ephesus that they have been “sealed with the promised holy Spirit.” This is in terms of an indelible character imprinted on the soul in the sacraments of baptism and confirmation. It is not as if this invisible mark is simply decorative. Rather, through it, we are enabled to participate in Christ’s mission and in his offices of priest, prophet, and king. Eph 1:13

Sealed by God eph 1:13 in the ark of salvation by baptism just as Noah was sealed by God in the ark of the flood gen 7:16

Sealed in the ark, sealed in the church the ark of salvation by baptism!

Jn 1:5-5 abide in Him, apart from Him you can do nothing.

Jn 10:10 life, (grace more abundantly)
Jn 1: 16 And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace.

Jn 1:16-17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.
(Thru faith and the sacraments!)