“destroy”

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
What is the relevant part?
ah, most of the rest i guess, i mean
well i'm sure not big on doctrines but God's Omniscience seems pretty settled to me, so i reject your arbitrary determination of where God is too no offense. The 3rd heaven is a useful construct that is valid in certain perspectives though imo, don' get me wrong

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Corinthians 3:15
[15] If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.
Ok???? I am not sure what that passage has to do with the subject at hand o_O

YOU ASKED: What does ‘destroy’ here mean because the earth is still here, yes?

Sooooooo I answered: The flood destroyed all the earth except 2 of every kind of animal (Genesis 6:19) and 8 humans that were saved thru water (1 Peter3:20-21)!

Your welcome....Mary

Reactions: Helen

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok???? I am not sure what that passage has to do with the subject at hand o_O

YOU ASKED: What does ‘destroy’ here mean because the earth is still here, yes?

Sooooooo I answered: The flood destroyed all the earth except 2 of every kind of animal (Genesis 6:19) and 8 humans that were saved thru water (1 Peter3:20-21)!

Your welcome....Mary

Went back to read again your first response to the OP. You are right. The verse I quoted has nothing to do with your response. I can’t see why I would have sent it to you. Not sure if I meant to post somewhere else but it was a mistake. I’m sorry. Thanks.

Reactions: Marymog and Helen

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Went back to read again your first response to the OP. You are right. The verse I quoted has nothing to do with your response. I can’t see why I would have sent it to you. Not sure if I meant to post somewhere else but it was a mistake. I’m sorry. Thanks.
1 Peter 3:20-21 New International Version (NIV)
20 to those who were disobedient long ago when God waited patiently in the days of Noah while the ark was being built. In it only a few people, eight in all, were saved through water, 21 and this water symbolizes baptism that now saves you also—not the removal of dirt from the body but the pledge of a clear conscience toward God.a]">[a] It saves you by the resurrection of Jesus Christ,

Genesis 6:11-13 New International Version (NIV)
11 Now the earth was corrupt in God’s sight and was full of violence. 12 God saw how corrupt the earth had become, for all the people on earth had corrupted their ways. 13 So God said to Noah, “I am going to put an end to all people, for the earth is filled with violence because of them. I am surely going to destroy both them and the earth.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was only addressing the point of heaven being presented as a spiritual place in construction.

The human body is confined to the universe and bound by the laws thereof.

The human body can die, a spiritual body cannot.

The spiritual body can walk through a physical wall and do other things a physical body cannot.

Atheists have a problem with not being able to analyze the spiritual in a laboratory. But a lab deals with physical, not spirit.

The description of God's throne in Revelations makes me think of coherent energy on a scale we cannot comprehend.

Agree.

I was particularly point out God does have a body...though some do not agree.

God Bless
Merry Christmas
Taken