“destroy”

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
then wouldn't we still be able to "know Him" spiritually, in that case? the other translations assume this i guess, but you might note that there have been some assumptions made, there at the bottom,
2 Corinthians 5:16 Lexicon: Therefore from now on we recognize no one according to the flesh; even though we have known Christ according to the flesh, yet now we know Him in this way no longer.

which i don't mean to say are necessarily incorrect, but note that
"...Him, in this way" is assumed, and the orig text says
"...yet now we no longer know."
which might even support your pov there maybe

That is a complicated one. :oops:Reading your link I was considering people and how we think we know them after the flesh, but do we ever really? The outward can be deceiving. We can’t (by the flesh) know them like God knows them.

Proverbs 21:2
[2] Every way of a man is right in his own eyes: but the Lord pondereth the hearts.

Luke 2:35
[35] (Yea, a sword shall pierce through thy own soul also,) that the thoughts of many hearts may be revealed.

1 Corinthians 14:25-26
[25] And thus are the secrets of his heart made manifest; and so falling down on his face he will worship God, and report that God is in you of a truth. [26] How is it then, brethren? when ye come together, every one of you hath a psalm, hath a doctrine, hath a tongue, hath a revelation, hath an interpretation. Let all things be done unto edifying.

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
The fossil record reaches back to when there was no oceans etc. on the earth.
interesting speculations, i can testify as to the inaccuracy of the first fwiw, the fossil record does not go back near that far
And yet they find fossils in the tops of the highest mountains.

Nor can your thinking explain such as dinosaurs.
weren't we just discussing time frames?
Most assuredly dinosaurs lived in the time frame.Not my problem if you deny that timeframe.
5400_b6016fe484f874bf3884eb6f1f655260.gif
wadr "the time frame" has yet to be defined, and i can't make any of your replies fit my replies no matter how hard i try. So iow i guess you are making an assumption in the interim and i am not being made aware of it, which happens in forums, i do it too, but i'd have to ask you to clarify the apparent subject change here if you would, ty
C"The fossil record reaches back to..."
B"record does not go back near that far"
C"And yet they find fossils in the tops of the highest mountains."
? what does this have to do with how far back the fossil record goes?
C"Nor can your thinking explain such as dinosaurs."
? what even is my thinking, one, and what does it have to do with how far back the record goes?
ty

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
We can’t (by the flesh) know them like God knows them.
if you would rephrase this a couple diff ways any...incongruity, sorry, would become more apparent. Flesh and blood is going to inherit the kingdom iow, the flesh does profit something--everything, actually--and these can be easily demonstrated to be misunderstandings from a too-literal interp, right, "the flesh profits nothing" is really a statement about one's reasoning, "flesh thinking profits nothing," etc

um, what might God tell you about one of your children that you don't already know, for instance?
assuming you raised them

Last edited:
Reactions: VictoryinJesus

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
wadr "the time frame" has yet to be defined, and i can't make any of your replies fit my replies no matter how hard i try. So iow i guess you are making an assumption in the interim and i am not being made aware of it, which happens in forums, i do it too, but i'd have to ask you to clarify the apparent subject change here if you would, ty
? what even is my thinking, one, and what does it have to do with how far back the record goes?
ty

I have posted on and explain this issue several times

Commentaries by CoreIssue

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I have posted on and explain this issue several timese
"this issue?"
which issue?

i mean wadr is it...not possible for you to just reply directly to a question?
then, i mean, how do you think you are explaining any (as yet undefined, let's not forget) issues?

i mean granted almost no one ever asks me to clarify, and i am fully aware that i also type my leaps sometimes w/o bringing the reader along, but did i not make my questions clear up there? You really think a link to your blog will clarify those Qs for me?

ty

Last edited:

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"this issue?"
which issue?

i mean wadr is it...not possible for you to just reply directly to a question?
then, i mean, how do you think you are explaining any (undefined) issues?

i mean granted almost no one ever asks me to clarify, and i am fully aware that i also type my leaps sometimes w/o bringing the reader along, but did i not make my questions clear up there? You think a link to your blog will clarify those Qs for me?

ty

First of all, why would you even ask me to retype all that material I linked you to here when you can read it there?

Fossils are on tops of mountains because tectonic plate movement pushed segments of the plate up into the air to become mountains.

So when did this happen? When the earth was divided in the days of Peleg. As well farther back after the war in heaven deposited all that dead life under the water which was lifted up when God divided the water from the land.

How did dinosaur fossils get on the tops of mountains, in Arctic areas and so forth?

We're talking geologic ages that had to predate Adam. The simple fact is the history of mankind has no record of dinosaurs living to become fossils. Nor does the Bible.

I've already posted Bible verses that state the earth was devoid of all life and cities were empty. Not prophecy of the future because you can't point to any part of the Bible that talks about the earth devoid of life while man has been here. Nor prophecy of any such time right up to the destruction of this heaven and earth.

Nor can you explain the four living creatures around the throne of God. They are flesh, not angels.

I dealt with all of that in the link I provided you.

I have evidence and I believe biblical proof. All you are offering is your opinion and doctrine.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
First of all, why would you even ask me to retype all that material I linked you to here when you can read it there?
i didn't ask you to do any of that though, wadr
Fossils are on tops of mountains because tectonic plate movement pushed segments of the plate up into the air to become mountains.
gee ty, what is your point though
So when did this happen? When the earth was divided in the days of Peleg.
ah sorry, i thought we clarified that that was crap yesterday

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
The simple fact is the history of mankind has no record of dinosaurs living to become fossils.
? all dinosaur fossils are faked, is that your position here?
I've already posted Bible verses that state the earth was devoid of all life and cities were empty.
no you didn't, sorry, what you did was provide an interpretation, subject to debate. You are not the arbiter of what Scripture vv actually mean to say, see, regardless of how much you might believe that to be true. And the same goes for me, ok

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
because you can't point to any part of the Bible that talks about the earth devoid of life while man has been here.
ha well the phrase is obv an oxymoron anyway, right, so i'm sure i am not quite getting you here, and i would ask you to rephrase this to put it in our current context if you would, ty.
Nor can you explain the four living creatures around the throne of God.
well, you are making an assumption now--you don't know that--and besides i was not trying to anyway?

so again i would ask for a rephrase to put this in context, not saying it is not pertinent to the discussion, but at the moment it is just reading as a subject change, i have no peg to hang this on iow, sorry

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I dealt with all of that in the link I provided you.

I have evidence and I believe biblical proof. All you are offering is your opinion and doctrine.
ah, i offered a doctrine, did i? When? i mean, could you quote it/them for me? ty
imo you are up to about ten doctrines here, but maybe we have a diff def of "doctrine" or something, dunno

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
if you would rephrase this a couple diff ways any...incongruity, sorry, would become more apparent. Flesh and blood is going to inherit the kingdom iow, the flesh does profit something--everything, actually--and these can be easily demonstrated to be misunderstandings from a too-literal interp, right, "the flesh profits nothing" is really a statement about one's reasoning, "flesh thinking profits nothing," etc

um, what might God tell you about one of your children that you don't already know, for instance?
assuming you raised them

Understand. Ezekiel 11:19
[19] And I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within you; and I will take the stony heart out of their flesh, and will give them an heart of flesh:

Ephesians 5:30
[30] For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.

We are a new creature.
I do see what you mean though yet I’m still confused also. 1 Timothy 4:8 For bodily exercise profiteth little: but godliness is profitable unto all things, having promise of the life that now is, and of that which is to come.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I do see what you mean though yet I’m still confused also. 1 Timothy 4:8 For bodily exercise profiteth little: but godliness is profitable unto all things, having promise of the life that now is, and of that which is to come.
wow, we get a "heart of flesh" to replace a "stone" up there earlier, nice catch!

as to this one why do you say you are still confused? sorry

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
[19] And I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within you
um, they get a new heart of flesh, and you get a new spirit? what tranny...oh. You might at least go multi, Ezekiel 11:19 And I will give them singleness of heart and put a new spirit within them; I will remove their heart of stone and give them a heart of flesh, so you can catch that stuff, pretty rife in the KJV i guess. (the link has some English pasted on it, nevermind that part iow)

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
wow, we get a "heart of flesh" to replace a "stone" up there earlier, nice catch!

as to this one why do you say you are still confused? sorry

Whose heart of flesh? Hebrews 8:10
[10] For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts(of His flesh): and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

Ephesians 5:30 [30] For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.

Proverbs 14:29-30
[29] He that is slow to wrath is of great understanding: but he that is hasty of spirit exalteth folly. [30] A sound heart is the life of the flesh: but envy the rottenness of the bones.

2 Timothy 1:7
[7] For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

Reactions: farouk and bbyrd009

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
um, they get a new heart of flesh, and you get a new spirit? what tranny...oh. You might at least go multi, Ezekiel 11:19 And I will give them singleness of heart and put a new spirit within them; I will remove their heart of stone and give them a heart of flesh, so you can catch that stuff, pretty rife in the KJV i guess. (the link has some English pasted on it, nevermind that part iow)

NIV: “I will give them an undivided heart” kind of lines up with 1 Corinthians 3:3 For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?

1 Corinthians 1:10-13
[10] Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment. [11] For it hath been declared unto me of you, my brethren, by them which are of the house of Chloe, that there are contentions among you. [12] Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos; and I of Cephas; and I of Christ. [13] Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?

Reactions: bbyrd009

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Whose heart of flesh? Hebrews 8:10
[10] For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts(of His flesh): and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

Ephesians 5:30 [30] For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.

Proverbs 14:29-30
[29] He that is slow to wrath is of great understanding: but he that is hasty of spirit exalteth folly. [30] A sound heart is the life of the flesh: but envy the rottenness of the bones.

2 Timothy 1:7
[7] For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.
Good verses there! A lesson not to be stony hearted...

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Depends on how you define doctrine I guess.

So your personal opinion, your thoughts, your logic or what ever phrase you want to use.

Bottom line is what you believe.
thing is see, i give opinions and make it very plain i am doing so, while imo it is you who is making statements of truth as though you know something, and you even testify of yourself to bolster the illusion? i can quote these if you like, too ok, just say the word, i promise i won't veer off into some semantics discussion on the definition of "quote" or etc
and nevermind that you are changing the subject once again, with this latest subject change.

now maybe i'm off here ok, but you might consider the possibility. and absent any meaningful replies to my growing list of Qs i'll leave you the last word herenow

Last edited: