“No Longer Servants”

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mary Had faith for us!

Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

This refers to the redemption accomplished by Christ and believed by Mary!

Lk 1:45 And blessed is she that believed: for there shall be a performance of those things which were told her from the Lord.

We had no part in it!

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can know Jesus personally if you simply put your trust in Him alone instead of this poor understanding of reform doctrine. Believe Jesus Christ. He died for your sin, but He lives to set you free from the grip of sin and death. Submit to Him and pray for His Spirit and He will free you from this darkness.
Sir I am a believer. That literally has NOTHING to do with what we were talking about.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sir I am a believer. That literally has NOTHING to do with what we were talking about.
Your signature also says you're a preacher yet you don't acknowledge good works for what they are. I hope you don't actually have a congregation. Good works are good works regardless of who does them, but good works don't save you, Jesus does. You do understand that salvation is by grace alone, through faith alone, and in Christ alone, yes?

Killing a person is an evil work whether it's done in Christ or not. Feeding a child is a good work whether it's done in christ or not. If you don't understand this, you have no business preaching the word of God. Our works don't save us unless that work is believing Christ. Our works don't condemn us unless that work is rejecting Christ.
Do you get this or is truth too simple to be true.

Reactions: Jim B

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can know Jesus personally if you simply put your trust in Him alone instead of this poor understanding of reform doctrine. Believe Jesus Christ. He died for your sin, but He lives to set you free from the grip of sin and death. Submit to Him and pray for His Spirit and He will free you from this darkness.

how can you do this without the sacrament of baptism?

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your signature also says you're a preacher yet you don't acknowledge good works for what they are. I hope you don't actually have a congregation. Good works are good works regardless of who does them, but good works don't save you, Jesus does. You do understand that salvation is by grace alone, through faith alone, and in Christ alone, yes?

Killing a person is an evil work whether it's done in Christ or not. Feeding a child is a good work whether it's done in christ or not. If you don't understand this, you have no business preaching the word of God. Our works don't save us unless that work is believing Christ. Our works don't condemn us unless that work is rejecting Christ.
I think you need a better understanding of what good works actually are and what they are not. Yes, if you read my site you know I am 5 solas.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think you need a better understanding of what good works actually are and what they are not. Yes, if you read my site you know I am 5 solas.
Then you're in error. The 5 Solas are insufficient to expound doctrine. They remain without Love, which was the problem of most reform teachers of the past. That's what happens when you let Free Masonry corrupt sound doctrine.

Before you read Spurgeon again, find some material on his personal life. He wasn't biblically qualified to be a deacon, much less a preacher of the word. Love doesn't neglect family or free a person from familial duties to preach self righteous drivel from a pulpit.

Reactions: Jim B

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then you're in error. The 5 Solas are insufficient to expound doctrine. They remain without Love, which was the problem of most reform teachers of the past. That's what happens when you let Free Masonry corrupt sound doctrine.

Before you read Spurgeon again, find some material on his personal life. He wasn't biblically qualified to be a deacon, much less a preacher of the word. Love doesn't neglect family or free a person from familial duties to preach self righteous drivel from a pulpit.
Free masonry has nothing to do with the reformation. And why on earth are you talking about Spurgeon? I didn't bring up Spurgeon so why are you? You literally have no idea what you are talking about.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
FACAGA?

Five Solas or Protestant dogmas!

Faith alone

Christ alone

Grace alone

Bible alone

Glory to God alone

Protestantism is unbiblical!

Faith alone! That means faith alone! Period!
No sacraments ez 36:25-27 Mk 16:16 Jn 3:5 acts 2:38-39 acts 8:36-38 Titus 3:5 1 pet 3:20-21
No obedience of faith rom 16:26
No repentance Lk 3:3
No suffering Mk 8:34 Mk 10:21 Phil 1:29
No hope rom 8:24
No charity 1 cor 13:2 1 cor 13:13
No love of God duet. 6:5
Prayer matt 7:7
No grace Jn 1:16-17
No patience Heb 10:36
No nothing but faith alone!
Alone means alone!

Rom 8: 24 For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?

25 But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.

Three things are eternal (and therefore inseparable) faith, hope, & charity, and the greatest of these is charity! 1 cor 13

And never “faith alone”!

Rev. 2 I know thy works! I thought faith alone is all that mattered?

Heb 10:36 For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise.

Heb 12:4 Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin.

How can salvation be by faith alone in Christ alone thru grace alone?

Faith alone?

1 cor 13:2 and 13:13, Phil 1:29, James 2:24 Mk 16:16 Jn 3:5 Titus 3:5 oppose faith alone!

1 cor 13:2 “all faith” without charity avails nothing, nada!

“Faith alone” is heresy!
Hersey is treason against God!

Christ alone?

John 5:24
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

Romans 4:24
But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead;

Not Christ alone must also believe on the Father who sent Christ!

Grace alone?

Mk 16:16 faith and baptism!
Jn 3:5 water and the spirit! Ez 36:25-27
Acts 2:38-39 the promise of the father, sacred oath is a sacrament!

Not grace alone but, grace thru baptism of water and the spirit, and a new heart full of love of God!

Matt 5:7 merciful receive mercy
Lk 7:47 forgiven by love
1 pet 4:8 charity covers sins
Jn 20:21-23 sins forgiven

Acts 22:15 And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

Jn 3:5 and Titus 3:5 born again refers to baptismal regeneration

Context of Jn 3:5 “born again”

John1:26 John answered them, saying, I baptize with water: but there standeth one among you, whom ye know not; (John prepared the way by baptism)

John 2:6 And there were set there six waterpots of stone, after the manner of the purifying of the Jews, containing two or three firkins apiece. (Old covenant prefiguring of baptism, purification from sin)(His disciples believed because the ever Virgin mother of God interceded Jn 2:11)

John3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. (Baptism)

John 3:22 After these things came Jesus and his disciples into the land of Judaea; and there he tarried with them, and baptized. 23 And John also was baptizing in Aenon near to Salim, because there was much water there: and they came, and were baptized.(Baptism)

John 4:4 When therefore the Lord knew how the Pharisees had heard that Jesus made and baptized more disciples than John.

Born again means Baptismal regeneration!

Paul never taught justification by “faith alone”!

Did not Paul write these scriptures?

1 cor 13:2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.

Three things are eternal (and therefore inseparable) faith, hope, & charity, and the greatest of these is charity! 1 cor 13:13

Phil 1:29 For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake;

Heb 10:36 For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise.

Heb 12:4 Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin.

Romans 8:17
And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

2 Corinthians 12:9
And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

2 Thessalonians 1:5
Which is a manifest token of the righteous judgment of God, that ye may be counted worthy of the kingdom of God, for which ye also suffer:

Colossians 1:11
Strengthened with all might, according to his glorious power, unto all patience and longsuffering with joyfulness;

2 Timothy 2:12
If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:

James 1:2-8
My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience. But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing

Hebrews 6:12
That ye be not slothful, but followers of them who through faith and patience inherit the promises.

Other scriptures opposing “faith alone”

Matt 5:7 mercy thru merciful
Lk 7:47 forgiven by love
1 pet 4:8 charity covers sins
Jn 20:21-23 sins forgiven

Bible alone?

The doctrine of the “Bible alone” or the “Bible is the only source of authority”

Deny’s the divine tradition: Christ teaching the apostles in person.

Deny’s the power of the Holy Spirit: to guide the apostles into all truth, Jn 16:13 and to governing the church. And be witnesses for Christ. Acts 1:8

Deny’s the apostolic tradition:
Authority to define scripture:
Authority to interpret scripture:
Authority to teach the entire divine revelation.

Denys the authority other than the “Bible alone! Including
Divine authority
Apostolic authority
angelic authority
Civil authority
Parental authority

Restricts the divine revelation and the word of God to scripture alone.

Provides no authority to know what is scripture.
Provides no authority to know what is not scripture.
Provides no authority to safeguard and protect scripture from errors.
Provides no authority to teach scripture without error.
Provides no authority to interpret scripture.

Reasons to oppose the doctrine of the “Bible alone”

Blind or illiterate and cannot read scripture. (Most people before the 20th century were illiterate)
Rare & Expensive (even after the printing press)
Faith comets by hearing not reading.

The Bible alone does not teach the doctrine of the “Bible alone”.

Biblical reference to authority other than the Bible alone.
Matt 16:18-19
Matt 18:18
Matt 28:18-20
Matt 18:17
Jn 20:21-23
Acts 2:42
Acts 8:31
1 Tim 3:15

When God called abram, Moses, the prophets, John the Baptist, and apostles it was not by the “Bible alone” Lk 3:2 the word of God came to John in the wilderness… a book did not fall out of the sky.

There is no list of scripture in scripture!

How does a person know what books, chapters, and verses are scripture and which ones are not?

The word of God is not limited to the “Bible alone”!

The word of God came to Abraham, to Moses, the prophets, and to John the Baptist in the wilderness (Lk3:2) but it did not come by the Bible, or the “Bible alone” not by any book, chapter, or verse!

Scripture all scripture is inspired, all the books and chapters of the canonical scripture authorized by Christ and His church!

The teaching authority of the apostles is the God breathed word of God!

Jn 20:23 He breathed on them (the apostles) and said receive the Holy Spirit…

Lk 10:16 he who hears you (the apostles) hears me. (Hears the word of God)

Jn 20:21 as the father sent me, I send you.

Acts 2:42 the doctrine of the apostles is the word of God!

Matt 28:18-20

18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

1 cor 11:23 For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, that the Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed took bread:

1 Jn 1:3 That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ

1 Jn 1:5 This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.

(The apostles received the word of God and handed it down to us, partly in the scripture)

2 Thessalonians 2:15
Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle.

All scripture is inspired! 2 Tim 3:16
(Not only 66 books with missing chapters)

2 John 1:12
Having many things to write unto you, I would not write with paper and ink: but I trust to come unto you, and speak face to face, that our joy may be full.

Did the apostle John possess the truth? Or only when He wrote it down did it become the truth?

Is what He taught only mere human tradition of men? But what He wrote was the inspired word?

Why is there joy complete in the person of the apostle?

The doctrine of the “Bible alone”
or that the church believes by the “Bible alone” is a heresy!

The truth is revealed by God thru Christ and taught by His church with the unity of the spirit and obedience of faith! Jude 1:3 Matt 28:19
One shepherd & on flock!
Jn 10:16

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Free masonry has nothing to do with the reformation. And why on earth are you talking about Spurgeon? I didn't bring up Spurgeon so why are you? You literally have no idea what you are talking about.
OK, let's talk about Martin Luther, the antisemitic founder of the Lutheran church then.
If you really think Free Masonry has nothing to do with the Reformation, you're entitled to your ignorance. To be fair the Masons didn’t call themselves Masons until a few hundred years ago. The earlier apostates in the 14th century were called Knights Templar.

Last edited:

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OK, let's talk about Martin Luther, the antisemitic founder of the Lutheran church then.
If you really think Free Masonry has nothing to do with the Reformation, you're entitled to your ignorance. To be fair the Masons didn’t call themselves Masons until a few hundred years ago. The earlier apostates in the 14th century were called Knights Templar.

So you take one of Luther's rants out of context and label him antisemitic? Oh boy.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you take one of Luther's rants out of context and label him antisemitic? Oh boy.
OK, let's not quibble over the failures of the reformers. Let's talk about the BIG lie. What verses in scripture do you imagine define good works? Jesus Himself taught unsaved Jews about how they should perform good works, so explain to me what good works are, using scripture quotes.

Matthew 5:16
Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven.

Or perhaps you can answer this one question.
If you've believed the Lord and received His Spirit, are you now a good person?

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mary Had faith for us!

Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

This refers to the redemption accomplished by Christ and believed by Mary!

Lk 1:45 And blessed is she that believed: for there shall be a performance of those things which were told her from the Lord.

We had no part in it!
Marys faith and trust in GOD cannot save us . ONLY FAITH IN HER SON CAN .
DO remember that my friend . Mary had good faith in the LORD . But her faith
nor my faith can save one who has NO FAITH . ITS ALL ABOUT each individual coming to FAITH IN JESUS .
If they dont , they gonna burn my friend . THE lake of fire is real . JESUS saves us . HAVE FAITH IN HIM .

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The RCC is heretical.

have you no faith?

Is Christ not King?

is He so weak?

He said the gates would not prevail against His church!
Matt 16:18-19 Jn 16:13 no error

Truth must be revealed by God, and in its fullness in the sacred deposit of faith by Christ to his church! Eph 4:5 Jude 1:3 and must be taught by the church, or proposed for our belief by the apostles!
Matt 28:19-20 Lk 1:4 Jn 20:21 acts 8:31 Rom 1:5 col 2:7 1 Tim 3:15
matt 18:17

Christ and His church are one! acts 9:4 Acts 5:32 Jn 15:1-5

Truth must be revealed by God thru Christ to His church (the apostles Jude 1:3) then must be proposed by the church, (Matt 28:19 gal 3:23) without error by the Holy Spirit! (Jn 16:13)

The evidence of true faith is humble subjection and obedience to Christ & His holy church!

The rule of faith for Christians is Jesus Christ Jn 14:6 and His church! Matt 18:17 acts 2:42 1 Tim 3:15

True Christians cannot listen to the errors of excommunicated heretics, but we listen faithfully to Christ, in the bosom of holy mother church, the only ark of salvation!
1 pet 3:20-21 matt 18:17 matt 16:18-19 matt 28:19-20 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-23

Truth must be revealed by God thru Christ to His church (the apostles Jude 1:3) then must be proposed by the church, (Matt 28:19 gal 3:23) without error by the Holy Spirit! (Jn 16:13)

Christ and His church are one! (Acts 9:4 eph 5:31 Jn 15:1-5)

Rejection of the one true church or its teaching is rejection of Christ and God!

Christ and His church are one! Acts 9:4 eph 5:32 Jn 8:12 & Matt 5:14

God does not reveal His truth in a vacuum!

God does not set His true adrift on a sea of spiritual anarchy!

God sets His truth in His church, in the possession of His apostles to safeguard, to ensure it is not added to, or taken away from, or changed in any way!

And to teach the same truth to all nations and all ages!

Verified by scripture:

Matthew 24:35
Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

Matt 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost!

Jude 1:3 Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints!

2 Thessalonians 2:15
Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle.

2 Timothy 3:16
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness!
(all scripture not 66 books alone)

Must be instructed in the faith:

Lk 1:4 That thou mightest know the certainty of those things, wherein thou hast been instructed.

Matt 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations…

Jn 29:21-23 as the father sent me, so I send you. (Same mission, power, and authority to teach all nations)

Lk 10:16 He who hears you, (His apostles) hear me.

Jn 13:20 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

Jn 8:32 You (the apostles) shall know the truth; and the truth shall make you free.

Jn 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.
(His apostles)

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OK, let's not quibble over the failures of the reformers. Let's talk about the BIG lie. What verses in scripture do you imagine define good works? Jesus Himself taught unsaved Jews about how they should perform good works, so explain to me what good works are, using scripture quotes.

Matthew 5:16
Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven.

Or perhaps you can answer this one question.
If you've believed the Lord and received His Spirit, are you now a good person?
Wrong again. Matthew 5:16 was taught to his chosen disciples. Not unsaved Jews. You can argue about Judas, but Jesus makes clear he is not always talking to Judas when addressing the 12.