“No Longer Servants”

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let's talk about the BIG lie

works

we are members of Christ in his grace and filled with his spirit but no one is saved until the end! Matt 24:13

members of Christ! In His grace!

1 Corinthians 12:26
And whether one member suffer, all the members suffer with it; or one member be honoured, all the members rejoice with it.

1 Peter 4:13
But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy.

Religion is what man owes to God for having created him in His image and likeness!

To Christ for having redeemed him in His own blood!

to the Holy Spirit for sanctifying him in the sacraments of holy mother church!

it only Christ by His grace (merits of His blood passion and death) that we are enabled and empowered to actually be holy and righteous and all our actions

if we live by the spirit we put to death the deeds of the flesh

my grace is sufficient for you

Phil 4:13 I can do all things in Christ who strengthens me.

Jn 15:5 apart from me you can do nothing!

our participation is required

Matthew 16:24
Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

Romans 8:17
And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together

2 Corinthians 12:9
And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

Phil 1:29
For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake;

Colossians 1:24
Who now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up that which is behind (lacking) of the afflictions of Christ in my flesh for his body's sake, which is the church:

Titus 2:14
Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, (redemption) and purify unto himself a peculiar people, (justification / baptism notice purify / wash) zealous of good works. (Sanctification)

Grace and law!

The great error of faith alone is that you believe you are saved and under grace and that you ARE NOT subject to the Mosaic law, (and that’s correct) but also you are not subject to the moral law and DO NOT need to pray, fast, give alms, practice virtue, suffer for Christ, or be righteous, or keep the commandments, even the commandments of Jesus, or maintain any standard of morality!
It’s a gross misunderstanding of law and Grace!

Confuses the mosaic law with the moral law!

There is nothing we can do???

Does the will of God:
Those who hear the Word of God and do it!
Ez 36:25-27
Matt 7:21
Matt 12:50
Mk 3:35
Lk 8:21
Lk 11:28
Jn 5:30
Jn7:17
Rom 12:2
Rev 17:7

Doer of the word
James 1:22-23

Keep my commandments:
Matt 28:20
Jn 14:21

Things we must do:
Matt 5:8
Jn 15:1-5
Lk 1:4
Acts 2:38

Must repent and do penance
Matt 3:2
Matt 3:8
Matt 4:17
Matt 9:13
Matt 16:24
Acts 2:38
Acts 3:19

Must believe and continue in a state of believing:
Jn3:16

Endure to the end:
Matt 24:13
Mark 13:13
Rev 2:26
Heb 3:14
Heb 6:11
Romans 11:22
Colossians 1:21-23
Hebrews 12:22-25
Hebrews 6:4
Hebrews 10:23-29, 35-39
Hebrews 3:4-6
1 John 2:24-25
2 John 8-9
Galatians 5:2-4
2 Timothy 2:11-13

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OK,

Redemption:
The redemption was accomplished by Christ with no participation on our part!

Justification:
then when we believe in him and his redemption we are justified in that faith and baptism!

Sanctification:
then we are in Christ and his church by grace faith and baptism we practice good works (prayer, alms, fasting, virtues charity, other sacraments etc.

Salvation:
then when we are faithful to Christ and in his grace at death enter salvation!

Titus 2:14
Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, (redemption) and purify unto himself a peculiar people, (justification / baptism notice purify / wash) zealous of good works. (Sanctification) Matt 24:13 endures to the end Shall be saved.
(Salvation)

Romans 13:11
And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.

So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation. Heb 9:28

Romans 13:11
And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.

1 cor 13:2 “all faith” without charity avails nothing!

1 cor 13:13 three things are eternal!
And inseparable!

Phil 1:29 Christians not called to “faith alone”!

“Faith alone” is IMPOSSIBLE!

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wrong again. Matthew 5:16 was taught to his chosen disciples. Not unsaved Jews. You can argue about Judas, but Jesus makes clear he is not always talking to Judas when addressing the 12.
I guess the multitudes present were there for the free tacos.
Still no answers, just contradiction. That's not even an argument. But it's impossible to prove error, so I'm not surprised.

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess the multitudes present were there for the free tacos.
Still no answers, just contradiction. That's not even an argument. But it's impossible to prove error, so I'm not surprised.
You need to read the passage again. He wasn't speaking to the multitudes, he had already done so, he LEFT and went up to the mountain and spoke to his disciples.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Marys faith and trust in GOD cannot save us . ONLY FAITH IN HER SON CAN .
DO remember that my friend . Mary had good faith in the LORD . But her faith
nor my faith can save one who has NO FAITH . ITS ALL ABOUT each individual coming to FAITH IN JESUS .
If they dont , they gonna burn my friend . THE lake of fire is real . JESUS saves us . HAVE FAITH IN HIM .

“Faith alone”?

Who’s faith does this refer to?

Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is not possible that the true church, which is made of individuals, not an organization, will not be led astray. The RCC is not the "one true church" it is a false church that left the way centuries ago.

Christ and his church are one acts 9:4 eph 5:32

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Believers. Not an organization. The church is made up of individuals, not an organization.

it’s a covenant! Not a Bible study!

Prophecy of the new covenant church fulfilled in the apostolic union with Christ!

Matt 21:43 Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, (Israel) and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof. (The new covenant church) Jn 15:1-5

Dan 2: 44 And in the days of these kings (Roman Caesars) shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever.

Isaiah 2:2
And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the Lord's house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it.

Micah 4:1
But in the last days it shall come to pass, that the mountain of the house of the Lord shall be established in the top of the mountains, and it shall be exalted above the hills; and people shall flow unto it.

Lk 1:32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:

33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

Lk 22:29 And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me;

Matthew 5:14
Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.

Christ the king!

The king of kings!

Christ is King of Glory!

Kingdom established by God!
Isa 2:2
Dan 2: 44
Micah 4:1

One, holy, catholic, (universal) and apostolic! And all nations and all people shall flow into it! All must submit and obey the king of glory!

Matthew 5:14
Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You need to read the passage again. He wasn't speaking to the multitudes, he had already done so, he LEFT and went up to the mountain and spoke to his disciples.
I've read the passage dozens of times and this was by no means private teaching. The gospels themselves are written so that people would believe, not just as edification for those who already do.
You still haven't provided any argument to support your original statement nor defined what you imagine to be "good works."

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've read the passage dozens of times and this was by no means private teaching. The gospels themselves are written so that people would believe, not just as edification for those who already do.
You still haven't provided any argument to support your original statement nor defined what you imagine to be "good works."
Is a work a good work because the work itself is good, or is it a good work if and only if the motive behind it is also good?

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“Faith alone”?

Who’s faith does this refer to?

Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Friend you are under some kind of spell . You keep saying the same things without remember they have been answered before .
You must let go of the stronghold the CC has upon you . Any wise leader , as pual was , would have said
that all men should be tested . Not tell the people things like ye cant learn the bible for yourself , here let
us the one true church teach ya . NO , that is a recipe for power and control and
always it leads to the so called benefit of said leaders within said group within said agenda .
La madre neogra , while leader of this , is not alone . She has many daughters
who though they split from her , still held these kinds of mindsets over the people .
only NOw they are all coming back home to the shade of La madre neogra de mintidas y meurte .
My call is that all who name the name of Christ will depart from her chambers and learn Christ for themselves
and be prepared to be hated by the mothers all inclusive we are one world . SOON as the delusion has ran to the full
under the cry of the harlot and a system made ready in the world , it will be time for her true intentions to be seen .
And though she cried unity and though she hollered love , and though she called for tolerance .
IN that day and at that time , there will be no love , no tolerance for the few who STOOD ON JESUS and conformed not
to her world religoin . But the LORD GOD will judge her too . SO i say COME YE OUT from amongst them
and partake not of her sins , LEST YE RECIEVE the CUP OF THE WRATH OF THE LORD and HIS INDIGNATION
which will be poured out FULL FORCE without mixture unto HER and her children .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is a work a good work because the work itself is good, or is it a good work if and only if the motive behind it is also good?
We shall be judged not just for what we did , but WHY we did as we did .
Was it to truly honor the LORD , or was it for some kind of gain for us to be seen of men . I think you might already know this .

Reactions: reformed1689

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Which has nothing to do with the RCC.
Wont hear me aruging with that one little bit . Very true my friend .
Any church can come hollering we the one true church . BUT by its fruits it will be seen
whether it was truly of Christ or was indeed the precepts of men gone wrong .
Thee faith tries to say the CC is the one true church because they also had the scriptures .
WELL any one who reads the bible would also know the same about the jews .
ITS TRUE the JEWS had scholars who were faithful and true to copy word for word the TORAH .
BUT just like THE CC , ITS LEADERS DID NOT KNOW nor FOLLOW TORAH . THEY had they own precepts
they taught . Just like the CC .
SO while its true that the CC had faithful scholars who at one time DID copy faithfully the scriptures ,
IT DONT MEAN THEY FOLLOWED said teachings or SAID LORD of those scriptures .
AND this is largely within many protestant leaders of today as well .
For they too holler , YE cannot understand the bible on your own , YE NEED to sit under OUR SCHOLARS
let us TEACH YOU and they too TWIST THE DOCTRINE . IT aint looking good inside many churches these days my friend.
ITS why i holler , beg , cry and plead and have kept doing so , GET IN THOSE BIBLES and LEARN YE THE DOCTRINE FOR YOURSELVES .
For many are within the entire realm of CHRISTENDOM who teach and yet decieve .

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A good work is a good work regardless of motive. That's what scripture teaches. That's what Jesus taught.

6 “Take heed that you do not do your charitable deeds before men, to be seen by them. Otherwise you have no reward from your Father in heaven. 2 Therefore, when you do a charitable deed, do not sound a trumpet before you as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory from men. Assuredly, I say to you, they have their reward. 3 But when you do a charitable deed, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, 4 that your charitable deed may be in secret; and your Father who sees in secret will Himself reward you openly. Matthew 6:1-4
I've heard the lie before that this was a private teaching to the disciples, but Matthew gives us 3 chapters from this single meeting and finishes it with this:

28 And so it was, when Jesus had ended these sayings, that the people were astonished at His teaching, 29 for He taught them as one having authority, and not as the scribes. Matthew 7:28-29

His teachings were always given to any that can receive them.

But, I'll ask again, if you have indeed believed the Lord and received His Spirit, does that make you a "good" person?