“Take no thought”, “be not anxious”, “seek you the reign of God”

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
www.personal-communication.org.nz
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
In times like these where people are dying from the coronavirus, it is a good opportunity to present the gospel of Christ. As Christian believers we are in a strong position, because we are not afraid of the virus as some are. This is because we know that absence from the body is to be present with the Lord. We know where we are going when we die. Unsaved people don't, and they are afraid.

When we are talking with the unsaved, it is not a time to try and convince them of the miracle Bible stories, when they say "What if..." about Jonah and the whale, or the sun standing still or going backwards, or the Red Sea parting, or Jesus stilling the storm. These things are inconsequential when presenting the gospel.

The big question on the unsaved people's mind, is: "What if the virus kills me, where will I go?" To answer this question we need to ask them if they are good people. If they say yes, then ask them if they have told a lie, looked at some with lust, taken the Lord's name in vain, had sex before marriage, or hated anyone and thought of killing them if they had a chance. If they answer "yes" then ask them in the light of having broken some of the Ten Commandments, will they be guilty if they come to the judgment before God or not guilty. If they are not sure, we can tell them that they are liars, blasphemers, murderers and fornicators, so if there is a judgment would they be guilty or not guilty. They would probably answer, "Guilty"

Then if God is a God of justice and He has prepared a place where people like Adolf Hitler will go for killing millions of people and be imprisoned there without parole, do they think they would be going to the same place, seeing that they too have broken the same commandments? If they are honest they would probably acknowledge that they would be going to that place.

Then you can tell them that God has given them one parachute, like being in a airplane which is going to crash, and are given a parachute which they have to put on and trust in it while jumping off the airplane. Show them that Jesus came and died on the cross to take the penalty of their sins away from them and upon Himself. That is God's parachute - the only parachute, and if they are prepared to use it, then they will be totally forgiven and instead of being found guilty they will be found not guilty and when they die they will go to a much better place to be with the Lord forever.

Then having said that, you can tell them that in the conditions of the world today, they don't know when they might die. Thousands have already died in China, Italy and Spain, when they wanted to live and thought they had many more years of life left. So, there is a possibility that they might receive a lethal dose of the virus and be dead by the end of the week. Do they want to take that chance and not receive Christ as their Saviour?

If they ask why are we telling them this, you can say that if they were standing in the road, and you saw a large truck bearing down on them, would you be loving them if you just stood by and did nothing. It is because we love the unsaved and don't want them to go to hell that we give them the gospel.

I know that in countries where there is lock-down, it would be difficult and inadvisable to go out mixing with the people to share this gospel with them, but we can do it on line, over the phone or in any way where we don't have to have personal contact.

I have posted this to give guidance on how we should share the gospel with people, and if by my post, someone receives Christ and dies of the virus and goes to heaven instead of hell, then I have done what I set out to do.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wonder if trusting in our own devices renders trusting in God void but under the guise of faith? I think of various stories in the scriptures where God only intervened when from human rational all was lost, for example, Daniel in the lions den, his three friends in the fiery furnace, the Hebrews at the Red Sea with Pharaoh behind them, Joseph in the prison house, Peter chained in the prison and ultimately those who received loved ones back from the dead.

What do we hope to achieve with weapons anyway...kill or maim someone because they're coming to get us or take our stuff? Trusting in God's word hardly supports that particularly if God sees that through our loss of stuff or life it becomes a catalyst to bring many to believe as was Stephans stoning.....something we would not be a able to see ahead of a threatening situation.

Will it be a blow to our ego and our precious sense of self determination?....it surely will be and perhaps this is what will be required to be humbled?.... perhaps having the rubber where it hits the road in our journey of faith mean having all support of our own devisings stripped away?
I serve the same God who rained down fresh manna daily to feed His people....and I totally trust Him to supply all my needs as well. I am not one to panic. What good does it do to worry about what might happen....it doesn't change anything. I have the peace of God that passes all understanding keeping my heart and mind safe.
What I am most disturbed about is how so many believers go around provoking others to fear and tremble the tribulation is here, or the rapture is soon....
My Bible says that God is going to restore His Church back to it's place of glory and that He is going to pour out His Spirit and stir up the gifts in us and we will walk in the anointing and power to heal, deliver and set free those who are bound.
The awakening is just beginning.....and Jesus doesn't return until the great apostasy and that son of perdition is revealed.
And prophesy concerning Jerusalem and the temple still must come to pass.
Let's all pray for the Great Revival and for those to be obedient who are called to be laborers for the harvest to be prepared.
I have had a great expectation of this outpour of the Holy Spirit to happen for the past 3 years now.
Ephesians says that the ministry is established for the perfecting of the saints.....until we all come into the unity of faith. Just the differences expressed on this forum proves we aren't there yet.
This is my focus, my yearning, my hope....to see the Church fully restored in Glory and Power.

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In times like these where people are dying from the coronavirus, it is a good opportunity to present the gospel of Christ. As Christian believers we are in a strong position, because we are not afraid of the virus as some are. This is because we know that absence from the body is to be present with the Lord. We know where we are going when we die. Unsaved people don't, and they are afraid.

When we are talking with the unsaved, it is not a time to try and convince them of the miracle Bible stories, when they say "What if..." about Jonah and the whale, or the sun standing still or going backwards, or the Red Sea parting, or Jesus stilling the storm. These things are inconsequential when presenting the gospel.

The big question on the unsaved people's mind, is: "What if the virus kills me, where will I go?" To answer this question we need to ask them if they are good people. If they say yes, then ask them if they have told a lie, looked at some with lust, taken the Lord's name in vain, had sex before marriage, or hated anyone and thought of killing them if they had a chance. If they answer "yes" then ask them in the light of having broken some of the Ten Commandments, will they be guilty if they come to the judgment before God or not guilty. If they are not sure, we can tell them that they are liars, blasphemers, murderers and fornicators, so if there is a judgment would they be guilty or not guilty. They would probably answer, "Guilty"

Then if God is a God of justice and He has prepared a place where people like Adolf Hitler will go for killing millions of people and be imprisoned there without parole, do they think they would be going to the same place, seeing that they too have broken the same commandments? If they are honest they would probably acknowledge that they would be going to that place.

Then you can tell them that God has given them one parachute, like being in a airplane which is going to crash, and are given a parachute which they have to put on and trust in it while jumping off the airplane. Show them that Jesus came and died on the cross to take the penalty of their sins away from them and upon Himself. That is God's parachute - the only parachute, and if they are prepared to use it, then they will be totally forgiven and instead of being found guilty they will be found not guilty and when they die they will go to a much better place to be with the Lord forever.

Then having said that, you can tell them that in the conditions of the world today, they don't know when they might die. Thousands have already died in China, Italy and Spain, when they wanted to live and thought they had many more years of life left. So, there is a possibility that they might receive a lethal dose of the virus and be dead by the end of the week. Do they want to take that chance and not receive Christ as their Saviour?

If they ask why are we telling them this, you can say that if they were standing in the road, and you saw a large truck bearing down on them, would you be loving them if you just stood by and did nothing. It is because we love the unsaved and don't want them to go to hell that we give them the gospel.

I know that in countries where there is lock-down, it would be difficult and inadvisable to go out mixing with the people to share this gospel with them, but we can do it on line, over the phone or in any way where we don't have to have personal contact.

I have posted this to give guidance on how we should share the gospel with people, and if by my post, someone receives Christ and dies of the virus and goes to heaven instead of hell, then I have done what I set out to do.

I'm not afraid of the virus because I know with 90% certainty that its mostly media driven fiction, just like the alleged 9/11 attacks. My faith need not even come into the discussion over this ball of hot air. Turn off the TV, and everything appears normal, turn it back on, there is an alleged global "pandemic". Its easy for some to claim that this is the pale horse or whatever, but I'm really not convinced. Right now, the only thing I'm convinced of is that this "crises" will likely be used to enact more control freak laws in an attempt to micro manage our lives.

Reactions: Brakelite

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I serve the same God who rained down fresh manna daily to feed His people....and I totally trust Him to supply all my needs as well. I am not one to panic. What good does it do to worry about what might happen....it doesn't change anything. I have the peace of God that passes all understanding keeping my heart and mind safe.
What I am most disturbed about is how so many believers go around provoking others to fear and tremble the tribulation is here, or the rapture is soon....
My Bible says that God is going to restore His Church back to it's place of glory and that He is going to pour out His Spirit and stir up the gifts in us and we will walk in the anointing and power to heal, deliver and set free those who are bound.
The awakening is just beginning.....and Jesus doesn't return until the great apostasy and that son of perdition is revealed.
And prophesy concerning Jerusalem and the temple still must come to pass.
Let's all pray for the Great Revival and for those to be obedient who are called to be laborers for the harvest to be prepared.
I have had a great expectation of this outpour of the Holy Spirit to happen for the past 3 years now.
Ephesians says that the ministry is established for the perfecting of the saints.....until we all come into the unity of faith. Just the differences expressed on this forum proves we aren't there yet.
This is my focus, my yearning, my hope....to see the Church fully restored in Glory and Power.
We have a great opportunity to preach the gospel to the unsaved in these days of the virus where death from it is a distinct possibility for anyone, especially for those over 70 years of age. When people are facing probable death they may be more open to receiving the one "parachute" offered in the gospel of Christ.

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I'm not afraid of the virus because I know with 90% certainty that its mostly media driven fiction, just like the alleged 9/11 attacks. My faith need not even come into the discussion over this ball of hot air. Turn off the TV, and everything appears normal, turn it back on, there is an alleged global "pandemic". Its easy for some to claim that this is the pale horse or whatever, but I'm really not convinced. Right now, the only thing I'm convinced of is that this "crises" will likely be used to enact more control freak laws in an attempt to micro manage our lives.
If you use the current situation to share the gospel with unsaved people, you might save a person for Christ instead of that person going to hell if they die from the virus.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We have a great opportunity to preach the gospel to the unsaved in these days of the virus where death from it is a distinct possibility for anyone, especially for those over 70 years of age. When people are facing probable death they may be more open to receiving the one "parachute" offered in the gospel of Christ.
I share everyday the message of salvation, not just during a crisis. So yes it is a good time....fear and panic tends to draw many people back to God.

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I share everyday the message of salvation, not just during a crisis. So yes it is a good time....fear and panic tends to draw many people back to God.

Back to God? This is assuming they were with God to begin with. Once this hype train blows over, I'm sure most of them will turn back to their own vomit, because they aren't serious about the faith. For a crises to make someone a believer, one would think the crises would have to actually be real, not a science fiction story that largely only exists on TV.

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Back to God? This is assuming they were with God to begin with. Once this hype train blows over, I'm sure most of them will turn back to their own vomit, because they aren't serious about the faith. For a crises to make someone a believer, one would think the crises would have to actually be real, not a science fiction story that largely only exists on TV.
Will that stop you sharing the gospel to try and keep people out of hell?

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Will that stop you sharing the gospel to try and keep people out of hell?

I'm not going on some crusade to spread it if that's what you mean. If someone brings it up, fine, I'll elaborate. If they reject it, I'll simply kick the dust off my feet and move on with my life.

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I'm not going on some crusade to spread it if that's what you mean. If someone brings it up, fine, I'll elaborate. If they reject it, I'll simply kick the dust off my feet and move on with my life.
Because I am over 70 and wisely housebound because of the lock down, my only outlet to others is this forum, so I am using it to get the message of the gospel out to as many as possible.

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
"Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are made manifest unto God; and I trust also are made manifest in your consciences" (2 Corinthians 5:11).

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because I am over 70 and wisely housebound because of the lock down, my only outlet to others is this forum, so I am using it to get the message of the gospel out to as many as possible.

I don't see what you are accomplishing here since you are preaching to the choir. If I were to spread it, I'd at least do it on other sites where unbelievers congregate, if not go out on the streets, screw the lockdown.

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I don't see what you are accomplishing here since you are preaching to the choir. If I were to spread it, I'd at least do it on other sites where unbelievers congregate, if not go out on the streets, screw the lockdown.
Christians are not the only ones who read these threads, although they cannot post on them.

By the way, are you a good person?

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I believe God's Church will be fully restored to Glory and Power after all earthy means of support will cease. We shall be hated by all Nations Jesus said, and then the end will come....the end of human systems of Government....as foretold in the Metal Man prophecy of Daniel 2.

In the below quotes we have described our transformation from weakness to power, from corruption to incorruption (infamy to glory)

I Thessalonians 4:16-18
For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

1 Corinthians 15:52-54
Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christians are not the only ones who read these threads, although they cannot post on them.

By the way, are you a good person?

What does it matter? I can be a "good" person my whole life and still end up be standing next to the common atheist being judged according to my works.

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Depends on how you define good.
A good person keeps all of the Ten Commandments.

He does not pray to false gods (idolatry)
He doesn't download paid music free (theft)
He doesn't look on a woman with lust (adultery)
He's never had sex outside of marriage (fornication)
He doesn't take the Lord's name in vain, like OMG.
He doesn't feel hatred for anyone (murder)
He has never told even a white lie (bearing false witness)
He has always loved God with all his heart, soul and strength.
He has never been envious of what another person has (covet)

How do you rate on the scale of goodness?

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I wonder if trusting in our own devices renders trusting in God void but under the guise of faith? I think of various stories in the scriptures where God only intervened when from human rational all was lost, for example, Daniel in the lions den, his three friends in the fiery furnace, the Hebrews at the Red Sea with Pharaoh behind them, Joseph in the prison house, Peter chained in the prison and ultimately those who received loved ones back from the dead.

What do we hope to achieve with weapons anyway...kill or maim someone because they're coming to get us or take our stuff? Trusting in God's word hardly supports that particularly if God sees that through our loss of stuff or life it becomes a catalyst to bring many to believe as was Stephans stoning.....something we would not be a able to see ahead of a threatening situation.

Will it be a blow to our ego and our precious sense of self determination?....it surely will be and perhaps this is what will be required to be humbled?.... perhaps having the rubber where it hits the road in our journey of faith mean having all support of our own devisings stripped away?
As is reading @Heart2Soul post,I was thinking exactly along those very lines. It is certain that God desires all to come to Him by faith and He is not willing that any should perish... But yes, I agree with you, that with most of us there needs to be a complete emptying of self first. Self confidence... Self sufficiency...
Claiming to be trusting in God while you are pointing a gun at someone so they cannot take your coat or shoes or food seems to me to ring a little false.
I am reminded of Ellen White's words...

Luther trembled as he looked upon himself,—one man opposed to the mightiest powers of earth. He sometimes doubted whether he had indeed been led of God to set himself against the authority of the church. "Who was I," he writes, "to oppose the majesty of the pope, before whom the kings of the earth and the whole world trembled?" "No one can know what I suffered in those first two years, and into what dejection and even despair I was often plunged." But he was not left to become utterly disheartened. When human support failed, he looked to God alone, and learned that he could lean in perfect safety upon that all-powerful arm. GC88 131c.3