1 cor 2:11, 12, 13

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Corinthians 2:11
GOD’S WORD Translation (GW)

11 After all, who knows everything about a person except that person’s own spirit? In the same way, no one has known everything about God except God’s Spirit.

Copyright © 1995 by God's Word to the Nations. Used by permission of Baker Publishing Group

My thoughts.

We learn about God by His Spirit teaching us thru the word and thru our own experiences.

Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Corinthians 2:12

12 Now, we didn’t receive the spirit that belongs to the world. Instead, we received the Spirit who comes from God so that we could know the things which God has freely given us.

Copyright © 1995 by God's Word to the Nations. Used by permission of Baker Publishing Group

My thoughts.

The spirit the world has is evil but, the Spirit of God is good and, to have a spirit is to learn and grow in it. The world will grow in the evil spirit and followers of Jesus will grow in good from the Holy Spirit.

JPPT1974

Flowers of May
Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 23, 2012
East TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God has given us those things. Not because we deserve it. As we are sinners who fall short of the glory of the Lord. But because He loved us to send Jesus to die and rise again. He has given us those things through Christ.

Reactions: clark thompson

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
Exactly!

That is why Peter was blessed by Jesus when Peter was the first to get revelation from the Father of who Jesus WAS! Jesus told Peter that this is what the church of God shall be founded on.... The Father revealing the Word/Son to us in the flesh and the meaning by His Spirit, while the Son or Word reveals the Father to us in Spirit & Word which are Truth.

Matt 16:15-20
15 He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?
16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.
17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.
18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.
20 Then charged he his disciples that they should tell no man that he was Jesus the Christ {The living Word}.
KJV

Saved and inherit the kingdom of God are two different things. The Eunuch was saved, but he was not chosen. The reason I say this is because while he did believe Jesus was the Son of God and was baptized in the water, it never said the Spirit of God fell or came into him. It only shows that the Spirit took Philip away as they came up out of the water. The reason is because the Eunuch was depending on man to teach him what God's Word meant... those who are chosen will be those who put their faith in the Spirit of God to REVEAL directly what God's Word MEANS personally.. no second hand understanding of man's infallible knowledge.

Acts 8:29-40
29 Then the Spirit said unto Philip, Go near, and join thyself to this chariot.
30 And Philip ran thither to him, and heard him read the prophet Esaias, and said, Understandest thou what thou readest?
31 And he said, How can I, except some man should guide me? And he desired Philip that he would come up and sit with him.
32 The place of the scripture which he read was this, He was led as a sheep to the slaughter; and like a lamb dumb before his shearer, so opened he not his mouth:
33 In his humiliation his judgment was taken away: and who shall declare his generation? for his life is taken from the earth.
34 And the eunuch answered Philip, and said, I pray thee, of whom speaketh the prophet this? of himself, or of some other man?
35 Then Philip opened his mouth, and began at the same scripture, and preached unto him Jesus.
36 And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?
37 And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.
38 And he commanded the chariot to stand still: and they went down both into the water, both Philip and the eunuch; and he baptized him.
39 And when they were come up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord caught away Philip, that the eunuch saw him no more: and he went on his way rejoicing.
40 But Philip was found at Azotus: and passing through he preached in all the cities, till he came to Caesarea.
KJV

7angels

Aug 13, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
afaithfulone4u says

Saved and inherit the kingdom of God are two different things. The Eunuch was saved, but he was not chosen. The reason I say this is because while he did believe Jesus was the Son of God and was baptized in the water, it never said the Spirit of God fell or came into him. It only shows that the Spirit took Philip away as they came up out of the water. The reason is because the Eunuch was depending on man to teach him what God's Word meant... those who are chosen will be those who put their faith in the Spirit of God to REVEAL directly what God's Word MEANS personally.. no second hand understanding of man's infallible knowledge.

if i understand you correctly then are you saying that anything we receive that is not from God himself is second hand information and thus causes us to not be a chosen one of God? the reason i ask is because pastors at church do exactly what philip did each and every service when they preach. they preach to the multitudes to supposedly make them more mature in Christ. so How can we judge a person who hears a pastor preach and determine whether or not they are chosen of God? we don't know the story of that eunuch beyond what the Word tells us. so to jump to the conclusion you have that the eunuch was not chosen by God when God sent philip to the eunuch for a reason is wrong. i have had God's Spirit confirm what someone else said to me as truth but God did not come right out and say 7angels rhema and logos are important to understand for the following reasons and then have God launch into explaining why those two words are important. no it did not happen that way with me but someone told me about the two words and the God's Spirit confirmed them for me. so how do you know God did not confirm what philip said to the eunuch as truth?

btw Saved and inheriting the kingdom of God are NOT two different things. being saved and chosen by God are two different things. as the Word teaches many are called but few are chosen. the chosen here refer to those that choose to do the call that God has upon their life willingly and obediantly.

God bless

Levi

May 30, 2013
afaithfulone4u said:
Exactly!

That is why Peter was blessed by Jesus when Peter was the first to get revelation from the Father of who Jesus WAS! Jesus told Peter that this is what the church of God shall be founded on.... The Father revealing the Word/Son to us in the flesh and the meaning by His Spirit, while the Son or Word reveals the Father to us in Spirit & Word which are Truth.

Matt 16:15-20
15 He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?
16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.
17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.
18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.
20 Then charged he his disciples that they should tell no man that he was Jesus the Christ {The living Word}.
KJV

I know the Holy Spirit leads people into all truth, but God still has given us teachers to teach, we learn by the Holy Spirit through people, otherwise God would not have given teachers.

People all over the world believe their doctrine is the truth because "the spirit revealed it to them". It's why there is no agreement among the different churches.

Atonement

May 30, 2013
29.7631° N, 95.3631° W
clark thompson said:
1 Corinthians 2:12

12 Now, we didn’t receive the spirit that belongs to the world. Instead, we received the Spirit who comes from God so that we could know the things which God has freely given us.

My thoughts.

The spirit the world has is evil but, the Spirit of God is good and, to have a spirit is to learn and grow in it. The world will grow in the evil spirit and followers of Jesus will grow in good from the Holy Spirit.
Greetings to you in the love of Jesus

I can agree with what you're saying! However, the Spirit I believe is given to us as a sealed promise to those who put their faith in Christ Jesus

2 Corinthians 1:22 and by the Holy Spirit we grow in faith by walking in obedience of God's Word. I'm not aware of any Scriptures that say the world grows in the evil spirit?

Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Corinthians 2:13

13 We don’t speak about these things using teachings that are based on intellectual arguments like people do. Instead, we use the Spirit’s teachings. We explain spiritual things to those who have the Spirit.

My thoughts.

Believers can speak the truth and one believer will be lead to speak by the Holy Spirit and another persons will be filled with the Spirit and know the truth in their own heart. We can only know the truth if we have the Spirit to show us. The Spirit allows us to teach the truth.