10,000 Kg of Rice

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

My Dreams

Feb 22, 2020
Raipur
Faith
Christian
Country
India
Friends, you can agree and pray God bless me with 10,000kg of rice for poor people in Jagruti Nagar, Slum.

I want to give rice and share God s love and Gospel to these Jagruti Nagar slum people & families.

God bless!

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Friends, you can agree and pray God bless me with 10,000kg of rice for poor people in Jagruti Nagar, Slum.

I want to give rice and share God s love and Gospel to these Jagruti Nagar slum people & families.

God bless!

So what you are saying is that for you to be able to buy, 10,000 kg of rice to distribute to the poor, you will need around $700 USD to be able to buy the rice first and pay for its transport to the people who are in need of it.

But providing rice is not what is only needed by them. They also need to be give a protein to be eaten with the rice, like meat/chicken or daal, or beans to supplement their diet of rice. A high carbohydrate diet leads to sugar diabetes among the people and it is difficult to change this outcome from eating large quantities of rice if the cost of protein is prohibitive for the people to buy.

This is my experience among the India Sub continent people groups over a period of 20 plus years.

Sadly, if the needs of the poor in our respective nations are not being meet by the church communities, then sending money to other countries will send the wrong message to the poor people we rub shoulders with on a daily bias.

Shalom

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So what you are saying is that for you to be able to buy, 10,000 kg of rice to distribute to the poor, you will need around $700 USD to be able to buy the rice first and pay for its transport to the people who are in need of it.

But providing rice is not what is only needed by them. They also need to be give a protein to be eaten with the rice, like meat/chicken or daal, or beans to supplement their diet of rice. A high carbohydrate diet leads to sugar diabetes among the people and it is difficult to change this outcome from eating large quantities of rice if the cost of protein is prohibitive for the people to buy.

This is my experience among the India Sub continent people groups over a period of 20 plus years.

Sadly, if the needs of the poor in our respective nations are not being meet by the church communities, then sending money to other countries will send the wrong message to the poor people we rub shoulders with on a daily bias.

Shalom

If the Lord wills a way, Id like to give...it wouldnt be a lot though and wouldn't know how as far as how to donate. I just give as God puts on my heart really. Since Ive gone to my new church, money hasnt nearly felt like an awkward subject. I am trusting God with stuff more, including giving finances. My family truly has been blessed as Ive given more.

It would be a good topic for a thread. This is for prayer. But our friend here has never asked for anything except for prayer. U.S. doesn't allow go fund me or anything. My church supports a lot of different countries, and I am fairly new for suggestions.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If the Lord wills a way, Id like to give.

Mayflower, I set out to show that the cost to provide food is relatively cheap relatively with respect to our countries as compared with the costs to do the same within our communities.

I was also suggesting that it is also important to help the not so well off people around us, rather than sending money off shore to other needy countries. India has many rich and wealth people and the need is very great within the class cultures and the church is, percentage wise, not able to meet the great needs in their country. In fact, to be a Christian in India can be very dangerous because of the Hindu opposition to Christians and the threat that it creates with its teaching that there are no classes when it comes to our relationship with God.

The oppression of Christians in India is far greater than to the opposition that we face/experience within our western cultures.

Prayer is the best means that we have of meeting their needs, unless the Lord is telling us otherwise. However, the giving of money to third world country people, particularly pastors, etc., can cause corruptions within their lives, as they siphon off some of the money to improve their lifestyles. I have, luckily, found a person who I can trust to send money to in the Indian subcontinent and have a means of transferring gifts to meet the needs in the area I have formed a relationship with. I can skype my pastor friend, who I have known for over 25 years, and talk with him and find out what is happening and establish what the needs are. I know of one person there who needs around $24,000 USD to pay off his father's debt, which he has inherited after his father died. This debt was cause by a family feud between brothers and they lost because they could not pay the level of the bribe asked for by the Judge. However, there are also many other people who are trapped in the same situation.

Wisdom is needed with checks and balances. Giving means that we have to trust God more to be able to look after us when we give more than we can often afford. God has repaid many times over what I have been prepared to give. Remember that tithing is a test of our trust in God's ability to look after our needs after helping out with other peoples needs above and beyond an acceptable tithing amount.

Shalom

My Dreams

Feb 22, 2020
Raipur
Faith
Christian
Country
India

Shalom

Thanks Jay Ross,

It may cost around 5000 USD, including transportation.

poor people eat rice with water and salt, and if they are from good family they eat rice with, meat, chicken daal and other items.

A rice bag of 25 kg, can be eaten by a family of 3-4 members, for a month. Poor people have struggling and now they have challenges, anyways its our prayer to the Lord to bless and answer this prayer request, in a beautiful way.

Enjoy seeing these videos, I had an opportunity from the Lord to pray and give rice bags during lockdown.

Thanks Jay Ross.

My Dreams

Feb 22, 2020
Raipur
Faith
Christian
Country
India
If the Lord wills a way, Id like to give...it wouldnt be a lot though and wouldn't know how as far as how to donate. I just give as God puts on my heart really. Since Ive gone to my new church, money hasnt nearly felt like an awkward subject. I am trusting God with stuff more, including giving finances. My family truly has been blessed as Ive given more.

It would be a good topic for a thread. This is for prayer. But our friend here has never asked for anything except for prayer. U.S. doesn't allow go fund me or anything. My church supports a lot of different countries, and I am fairly new for suggestions.

Thanks MayFlower:)

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It may cost around 5000 USD, including transportation.

I looked on Google to see what rice costs in India and I accepter the information without questioning its validity. I apologise for my error as I was out by a factor of seven.

However if 5 or 10 people meet the costs by their giving, then the burden on each of them is greatly reduced.

I am also aware that it is against the rules of this forum to ask for money, no matter how much good can be done.

From the information you have given. you are meeting the needs of around 1,600 people for a month.

Be blessed

Shalom

My Dreams

Feb 22, 2020
Raipur
Faith
Christian
Country
India
I looked on Google to see what rice costs in India and I accepter the information without questioning its validity. I apologise for my error as I was out by a factor of seven.

However if 5 or 10 people meet the costs by their giving, then the burden on each of them is greatly reduced.

I am also aware that it is against the rules of this forum to ask for money, no matter how much good can be done.

From the information you have given. you are meeting the needs of around 1,600 people for a month.

Be blessed

Shalom

Thanks Jay Ross, its a prayer request, so I think its better to pray:)

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mayflower, I set out to show that the cost to provide food is relatively cheap relatively with respect to our countries as compared with the costs to do the same within our communities.

I was also suggesting that it is also important to help the not so well off people around us, rather than sending money off shore to other needy countries. India has many rich and wealth people and the need is very great within the class cultures and the church is, percentage wise, not able to meet the great needs in their country. In fact, to be a Christian in India can be very dangerous because of the Hindu opposition to Christians and the threat that it creates with its teaching that there are no classes when it comes to our relationship with God.

The oppression of Christians in India is far greater than to the opposition that we face/experience within our western cultures.

Prayer is the best means that we have of meeting their needs, unless the Lord is telling us otherwise. However, the giving of money to third world country people, particularly pastors, etc., can cause corruptions within their lives, as they siphon off some of the money to improve their lifestyles. I have, luckily, found a person who I can trust to send money to in the Indian subcontinent and have a means of transferring gifts to meet the needs in the area I have formed a relationship with. I can skype my pastor friend, who I have known for over 25 years, and talk with him and find out what is happening and establish what the needs are. I know of one person there who needs around $24,000 USD to pay off his father's debt, which he has inherited after his father died. This debt was cause by a family feud between brothers and they lost because they could not pay the level of the bribe asked for by the Judge. However, there are also many other people who are trapped in the same situation.

Wisdom is needed with checks and balances. Giving means that we have to trust God more to be able to look after us when we give more than we can often afford. God has repaid many times over what I have been prepared to give. Remember that tithing is a test of our trust in God's ability to look after our needs after helping out with other peoples needs above and beyond an acceptable tithing amount.

Shalom

Wise words. Thank you. :)

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks Jay Ross, its a prayer request, so I think its better to pray:)

Agreeing in prayer is powerful,

Father, I pray for our brother's ministry. You are gracious and merciful and meet over and above out needs. Thank You for those promises, and I stand on those believing that You will meet these needs in Your timing.

And I ask that as Your children, You remind us that we are Your hands and feet. Remind us to be faithful with all that we have, so that we can serve Your Kingdom in great ways and be good neighbors to those around us. We love because You first loved us. In Jesus Name, Amen.

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

God bless!

I pray He provide the rice for all the hungry around you bro. "Feed India" is still on brother, no matter how small or big. He is our Jehovah-Jira, amen!

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Yes Mayflower, M.D. ONLY ever asks for prayer. His family is beautiful and he lives with the slums just outside his door. There are no independent churches in Northern parts of India so, no brick and mortar buildings because of persecution. M.D. does what he can with the rice and bibles. If he could afford for protein, I'm sure he would but, it is better than starving. His family are true prayers and rely on God for everything. And Mayflower, yes...we ARE His hands and feet here :)

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Shalom
Hi Jay,
It's pretty rotten that India and most likely other non Christian countries could care less about their poor, sick and hungry people. Cannot send anything to anything deemed "religious", they will stop it from coming in. I am sure you must know this as you have the experience. M.D. is all grassroots, just like those who help him. BTW, if you think of it...pray for his back...lifting all those very heavy bags has put a hurting on him.
Ohhh, I cannot wait for Christ to erase ALL borders, amen.
God bless bro