10/30/2020 -- Massive M7.0 earthquake strikes Europe / Turkey

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Psa 22:27
All the ends of the world shall remember and turn unto the LORD: and all the kindreds of the nations shall worship before thee.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Psa 22:27
All the ends of the world shall remember and turn unto the LORD: and all the kindreds of the nations shall worship before thee.

Yeah I was Mormon for about 10 years and one thing they taught was that adversity brings one to turn to the Lord. Perhaps the earthquake in Turkey will bring people to the Lord? I'm not sure, what do you think?

Here's the weather channel updated article on the earthquake: 7.0 Earthquake Kills 6 in Turkey, More Than 250 Injured | The Weather Channel - Articles from The Weather Channel | weather.com

Reactions: Ziggy

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't want to right now :(
I let the music think for me..
HUGS

I tend to agree, when people die and there are hundreds hurt, I'm not sure we want to say God was responsible for their suffering. Not a good religion selling point. Sometimes I hear people saying things like that. And I used to be of the same mind. But I changed my ideas some time ago.

I think God can spare people from suffering and tragedy. I like to promote that instead. That's a better selling point, not that I sell religion, just a metaphor. But there is a time for a prophet to warn before a tragedy has happened I suppose. If there are prophets of that nature still out there. Perhaps there are?

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I tend to agree, when people die and there are hundreds hurt, I'm not sure we want to say God was responsible for their suffering. Not a good religion selling point. Sometimes I hear people saying things like that. And I used to be of the same mind. But I changed my ideas some time ago.

I think God can spare people from suffering and tragedy. I like to promote that instead. That's a better selling point, not that I sell religion, just a metaphor. But there is a time for a prophet to warn before a tragedy has happened I suppose. If there are prophets of that nature still out there. Perhaps there are?
People are responsible for their own suffering..
and because IN MY OPINION....
That we all even the earth itself comes from God,
what we feel it feels..
and that makes me SAD :(
HUGS

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People are responsible for their own suffering..
and because IN MY OPINION....
That we all even the earth itself comes from God,
what we feel it feels..
and that makes me SAD :(
HUGS

I had a visit from the Holy Spirit about 5 years ago. And I saw that the fire and darkness of man was stored in the earth. And it was used as a destroyer. And I still believe that, so I think I agree for the most part, but there are exceptions to saying people are responsible for their own suffering, which is why we have courts of law, because people and Satan can inflict pain and suffering against people.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm bumming...
I talk about the book of Revelation. I see it spiritual,, people say NOPE it's physical.
I talk about the World.. I see see the spiritual effects it has on it.. and people say Nope it's just physical.
And then...
Never mind..
HERE I AM... THIS IS ME..
(maybe later I be somewhere else, but for now)

I'm still hugging though..
that won't change
That was in the days of Peleg and.. hold on..
Gen 10:25
And unto Eber were born two sons: the name of one was Peleg; for in his days was the earth divided; and his brother's name was Joktan.

Maybe?
what do we really know?
Do you trust the science, the scientists?
What do they know?
They don't even belive in God to begin with.
Seems to me, science is built on a faulty foundation... man's foundation.
The below side vs. the above.

I'm just sharing my thoughts..
While I still have some to go round..:D

Thank You!
HUGS
Also, keep in mind there are 3 earth ages according to scripture. Before God created time there was no time with which to measure the earth's age.

Reactions: Ziggy and dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Also, keep in mind there are 3 earth ages according to scripture. Before God created time there was no time with which to measure the earth's age.

I've often thought of God creating time as a way for his children to learn. We experience good or evil, truth and fiction, and afterwards can contemplate the events and knowledge and grow in earthly wisdom and intelligence. Only time can do that? Perhaps, I know God can impart His Wisdom and Knowledge also.

1 Corinthians 12:8

"For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;"

I see science as God's gifting of knowledge and lighting up the darkness we are born into with his light, like the Sun shining on the dark earth in the void of space-time.

And example of that knowledge and wisdom is the use of seismometers used to measure the magnitude of this earthquake so people know Turkey suffered a really devastating event. And they need our prayers for recovery and safety.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I had a visit from the Holy Spirit about 5 years ago. And I saw that the fire and darkness of man was stored in the earth. And it was used as a destroyer. And I still believe that, so I think I agree for the most part, but there are exceptions to saying people are responsible for their own suffering, which is why we have courts of law, because people and Satan can inflict pain and suffering against people.
Your making me think.. :rolleyes:

It's all about the election...

Isn't that an understatement?? :eek:

Man chooses to put people in power to rule over them instead of having God rule over them.
It's that story in the Bible about how they wanted a king, like the other nations.
And so God warned them. Told them, Look. I don't think it's a good idea, but if you insist,
don't say I didn't warn ya.

1Samuel Chapter 8.
The whole chapter.
1Sa 8:6
But the thing displeased Samuel, when they said, Give us a king to judge us. And Samuel prayed unto the LORD.
1Sa 8:7
And the LORD said unto Samuel, Hearken unto the voice of the people in all that they say unto thee: for they have not rejected thee, but they have rejected me, that I should not reign over them.

then there is along list of things the king will do and expect of the people, and then

1Sa 8:18
And ye shall cry out in that day because of your king which ye shall have chosen you; and the LORD will not hear you in that day.

You been warned.. what now?

1Sa 8:19
Nevertheless the people refused to obey the voice of Samuel; and they said, Nay; but we will have a king over us;
1Sa 8:20
That we also may be like all the nations; and that our king may judge us, and go out before us, and fight our battles.

Ultimately there is no one to blame but oneself.
Ultimately.
HUGS

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your making me think.. :rolleyes:

It's all about the election...

Isn't that an understatement?? :eek:

Man chooses to put people in power to rule over them instead of having God rule over them.
It's that story in the Bible about how they wanted a king, like the other nations.
And so God warned them. Told them, Look. I don't think it's a good idea, but if you insist,
don't say I didn't warn ya.

1Samuel Chapter 8.
The whole chapter.
1Sa 8:6
But the thing displeased Samuel, when they said, Give us a king to judge us. And Samuel prayed unto the LORD.
1Sa 8:7
And the LORD said unto Samuel, Hearken unto the voice of the people in all that they say unto thee: for they have not rejected thee, but they have rejected me, that I should not reign over them.

then there is along list of things the king will do and expect of the people, and then

1Sa 8:18
And ye shall cry out in that day because of your king which ye shall have chosen you; and the LORD will not hear you in that day.

You been warned.. what now?

1Sa 8:19
Nevertheless the people refused to obey the voice of Samuel; and they said, Nay; but we will have a king over us;
1Sa 8:20
That we also may be like all the nations; and that our king may judge us, and go out before us, and fight our battles.

Ultimately there is no one to blame but oneself.
Ultimately.
HUGS

Then perhaps this speaks of the despising of dominion of God?:

Jude 1:7-8

7 Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.

8 Likewise also these filthy dreamers defile the flesh, despise dominion, and speak evil of dignities.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They have new toys they like to experiment with too.
Some D.E.W Direct Energy Weapons.
We had some interesting things happening in California not too long ago with lazer beams and forest fires.
They can modify the weather and create hurricanes..
Man is playing God and the don't care who they destroy while they play with their toys.
Think of the Atom bomb..

I'd rather not..:(
Would you rather go hang out with the fruit?
Yeah, that's not so hard on the heart..:(
ok, lets go..
ok..:)
HUGS

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then perhaps this speaks of the despising of dominion of God?:

Jude 1:7-8

7 Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.

8 Likewise also these filthy dreamers defile the flesh, despise dominion, and speak evil of dignities.
Sounds like, You reap what you sow..:(

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sounds like, You reap what you sow..:(
Yes but not always in this earthly life, the Lord only chastises those he loves.

Hewbrews 12:6-7

6 For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.

7 If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?

Then maybe he loved the people of Sodom and Gamorrah, because there is worse:

Matthew 11:24

But I say unto you, That it shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom in the day of judgment, than for thee.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
10/30/2020 -- Massive M7.0 earthquake strikes Europe / Turkey -- Major damage across region

As above, So below.

I was thinking about this today.
Does our spiritual/energy impact the physical world?

Thank You

That is new age philosophical thinking! God has set in motion what is to be. Our sin set in motion destruction back in the garden and the flood. I for one tend to believe that all earthquakes experienced since the massive tectonic shifts of the flood are nothing more that the continual aftershocks of the massive event !

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes but not always in this earthly life, the Lord only chastises those he loves.

Hewbrews 12:6-7

6 For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.

7 If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?

Then maybe he loved the people of Sodom and Gamorrah, because there is worse:

Matthew 11:24

But I say unto you, That it shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom in the day of judgment, than for thee.
Yeah and for the sake of man God cursed the earth.
The earth is reaping the benefits that we sow in it, on it, with it...
Then there is the fracking and the drilling and the mining and and and....
How many holes can you punch in your arm before you pull it back and say KNOCK IT OFF!! ??

:(
HUGS

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is new age philosophical thinking! God has set in motion what is to be. Our sin set in motion destruction back in the garden and the flood. I for one tend to believe that all earthquakes experienced since the massive tectonic shifts of the flood are nothing more that the continual aftershocks of the massive event !
Ok

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Yes, I like where you went with that. And God can compel use to be inside or outside the building when the roof caves in. Or to move from one location before the earthquake. Or to store up food and supplies before a supply outage. Etc. Interesting thought :)

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, I like where you went with that. And God can compel use to be inside or outside the building when the roof caves in. Or to move from one location before the earthquake. Or to store up food and supplies before a supply outage. Etc. Interesting thought :)

He can if He chooses to, otherwise, He allows nature to takes it course. God set it all in motion with all the natural laws, but chooses to interfere with natural law, when it suits Him for His purposes and His will! I am not one who thinks that earthquakes and hurricanes generally are God showing ho wmad He gets with our sin. He does that and I believe nations can and do get judged by god, but they follow some biblical principles.

Other wise, its just another earthquake, hurricane, volcano, tsunami etc.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
10/30/2020 -- Does our spiritual/energy impact the physical world?

YES, -- and I'm surprised and disappointed that none have acknowledged what SIN does to us Personally and to our Environment:

2 Chron. 7:13 When I shut up the heavens so that there is no rain, or command the locust to devour the land, or send pestilence among my people, 14 if my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

People say that the earth "groans" under our sin, and who can discount:

Numbers 16:28 And Moses said, “Hereby you shall know that the Lord has sent me to do all these works, and that it has not been of my own accord. 29 If these men die the common death of all men, or if they are visited by the fate of all men, then the Lord has not sent me. 30 But if the Lord creates something new, and the ground opens its mouth, and swallows them up, with all that belongs to them, and they go down alive into Sheol, then you shall know that these men have despised the Lord.” 31 And as he finished speaking all these words, the ground under them split asunder; 32 and the earth opened its mouth and swallowed them up, with their households and all the men that belonged to Korah and all their goods. 33 So they and all that belonged to them went down alive into Sheol; and the earth closed over them, and they perished from the midst of the assembly.

... and for the TWO WITNESSES:

Rev. 11:11 But after the three and a half days a breath of life from God entered them, and they stood up on their feet, and great fear fell on those who saw them. 12 Then they heard a loud voice from heaven saying to them, “Come up hither!” And in the sight of their foes they went up to heaven in a cloud. 13 And at that hour there was a great earthquake, and a tenth of the city fell; seven thousand people were killed in the earthquake, and the rest were terrified and gave glory to the God of heaven.

Of course not all events are a direct result of sin, but judgements from GOD are nothing to be discounted as simply "nature". :)
Bobby Jo

Reactions: dev553344 and Ziggy