10/30/2020 -- Massive M7.0 earthquake strikes Europe / Turkey

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Base12

Dec 27, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As above, So below.

"The meaning and significance of this phrase [As above, so below] is that it holds the key to all mysteries. All systems of magic function with this formula. 'That which is above is the same as that which is below‘…Macrocosmos is the same as microcosmos."

I know who you are.

Matthew 6:10 (Message Bible)
"Set the world right; Do what's best - as above, so below."

Matthew 6:10 - MSG - Set the world right; Do what's best - as above...

full

JesusLovesYou

Oct 18, 2020
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the past, God coordinated events in order to punish evil or just teach the ones who love him lessons about faith, patience, love or any other characteristic He wants to see in his people. I am not going classify this as punishment or otherwise, but I believe that everyone going through this trial will see in the end why this happened to them. Some may have realized it already, others might still wait for the answer, but sooner or later everyone will know that this was God's mighty hand at work and will have to accept what the consequences of this disaster meant to them. Some will say "Thank you for protecting me and teaching me what I needed", others will say "I am sorry for just now realizing who You truly are and I want You to be part of my life in a different way than before". Still, others will ignore him even more, but whatever the outcome, everyone will have to admit that God is God, and we have to submit to his will. I do believe that our relationship with Him can influence the way He acts sometimes, but I believe even stronger that it can influence how we interpret what happens and its consequences, and that in turn influences our relationship with him even more.

Reactions: Bobby Jo and Ziggy

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
some things can be shared, others need to be kept to oneself.
Do we assume Jesus shared everything he knew?.....they murdered him for the few things he did share......think on that!
All the boasting, all the strutting, all the self absorption has an appearance of wisdom but the real wisdom is in the silence of the mostly unspoken. No wonder the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing.

Reactions: Ziggy

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
'And when He is sitting on the mount of the Olives,
the disciples came near to Him by Himself, saying,

'Tell us, when shall these be?
and what is the sign of Thy presence,
and of the full end of the age?'
And Jesus answering said to them,
'Take heed that no one may lead you astray,

.. for many shall come in My name,
.... saying, I am the Christ,

...... and they shall lead many astray,
........ and ye shall begin to hear of wars, and reports of wars;
.......... see, be not troubled,
............ for it behoveth all these to come to pass,
.............. but the end is not yet.
'For nation shall rise against nation,
.. and kingdom against kingdom,
.... and there shall be famines,
...... and pestilences,
........ and earthquakes,
.......... in divers places;
and all these are the beginning of sorrows; ... '

(Mat 24:3-8 YLT)

Reactions: dev553344

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hello

For those who are looking at the occurrence of earthquakes, where there is severe shaking along the earth's tectonic plates shear lines, they are all looking for the wrong sign.

The Greek word "seismos," G:4578, is best understood to have the meaning of "turmoil" in the New Testament.

" . . For ethnic races will rise up against another ethnic race, and realms/nations against realms/nations, and there shall be famines and pestilences and turmoil, occurring in many places. All of these are the beginnings of sorrows.

"Then they will hand you over to be persecuted and will kill you. You will be hated by all the gentiles because of my name. At this time, many will be led into sin, and people will betray one another and hate one another with many false prophets appearing to deceive many, and because of this, lawlessness will increase so much, that the love of many will grow cold. But the person who endures to the end will be saved, and this gospel of the kingdom will be preached throughout the whole inhabited earth as a testimony to all the gentiles, and then the end will come."​

This passage is speaking about what will be occurring among all the peoples of the earth, and as such, if our focus is on the occurrences of the violent shearing forces of the tectonic plates of the earth, then, we will not be looking for the obvious sign that Jesus spoke of in the above passage, where Jesus spoke of what was going to happen among the people towards the end times.

The turmoil, to us, looks like what is happening in our normal lives and because we are living in this turmoil, it is difficult for us to see what is actually occurring right in front of us.

Yes what is happening within our environment is only confirming what is happening within the interactions between the various people groups that exist now within our various nations.

Shalom

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am praying for those affected by this quake!!

I'm also praying for you, Ziggy, and all the other New Agers/pagans on this forum--those who speak against the truth of Jesus Christ!

Lord Jesus, expose the darkness! Expose the evil! Set people free from the shackles of the evil one! Amen!

Edit: "The meaning and significance of this phrase [As above, so below] is that it holds the key to all mysteries. All systems of magic function with this formula. 'That which is above is the same as that which is below‘…Macrocosmos is the same as microcosmos."

I know who you are.
Oh no . please , please tell me ziggy is not new age . This is so depressing .

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
10/30/2020 -- Massive M7.0 earthquake strikes Europe / Turkey -- Major damage across region

As above, So below.

I was thinking about this today.
Does our spiritual/energy impact the physical world?

Thank You

What are you talking about? What is our "spiritual energy?" We're not God, but we do speak the word of God. What we cannot do is manipulate God's word. So we are either told by God what to say, or we're asking God for something that He provides--not us. If we're told by God to say something, yes--it does have authority. Elijah was led to call for a drought, and it happened. In the book of Revelation, God used angels to accomplish many things on earth. Jesus told his disciples they could bind and loose, ie they could forgive sin and bring judgment upon those who persist in their sin, if indeed they are led by God.

I would add to this that I was watching, on Facebook, yesterday, a clip from Sid Roth's show, in which he features a married couple, both of them prophets. They were both named "Robin." ;)

The man said he was told by God that an earthquake would take place, indicating God was bringing judgment upon the Democrats in the upcoming election. And he said the earthquake in Turkey was that earthquake.

The man did not say why Turkey was significant. But if he's right, I might suggest that Turkey is incredibly significant in history as the triumph of Islam over Christianity in the East. Islam has entered into the political equation among the Democrats, who are now steering away from supporting Israel. This, according to these prophets, is one of the things that God detests--an ungodly hatred for the Jewish People and Israel.

Obama was extremely rude to Netanyahu when he came to visit Washington DC during Obama's presidency. And now that Trump has supported Israel, many Jews are turning to Trump. And some Democrats are attacking these Jewish People simply because they are Trump supporters!

Last edited:

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What are you talking about? What is our "spiritual energy?" We're not God, but we do speak the word of God. What we cannot do is manipulate God's word. So we are either told by God what to say, or we're asking God for something that He provides--not us. If we're told by God to say something, yes--it does have authority. Elijah was led to call for a drought, and it happened. In the book of Revelation, God used angels to accomplish many things on earth. Jesus told his disciples they could bind and loose, ie they could forgive sin and bring judgment upon those who persist in their sin, if indeed they are led by God.

I would add to this that I was watching, on Facebook, yesterday, a clip from Sid Roth's show, in which he features a married couple, both of them prophets. They were both named "Robin." ;)

The man said he was told by God that an earthquake would take place, indicating God was bringing judgment upon the Democrats in the upcoming election. And he said the earthquake in Turkey was that earthquake.

The man did not say why Turkey was significant. But if he's right, I might suggest that Turkey is incredibly significant in history as the triumph of Islam over Christianity in the East. Islam has entered into the political equation among the Democrats, who are now steering away from supporting Israel. This, according to these prophets, is one of the things that God detests--an ungodly hatred for the Jewish People and Israel.

Obama was extremely rude to Netanyahu when he came to visit Washington DC during Obama's presidency. And now that Trump has supported Israel, many Jews are turning to Trump. And some Democrats are attacking these Jewish People simply because they are Trump supporters!
God created the earth from himself. The same himself that created man.
Everything comes from God. The world is a living breathing thing. Man is a living breathing thing.
Only difference between earth and man is the Spirit God put in him.
Everything that moves and breathes has energy. Energy is everywhere all the time.
You walk through water it creates movement in the water. The water has life, without it we would die.
The earth has life, without it nothing would grow.
Man has life.
This life is an energy. It gives off good vibes and bad vibes.
There are vibes that can heal you and other can make you sick.
I believe if there are enough bad vibes going round it can have an effect on the life surrounding it.
Seeing we all share that same life and same vibes.
Not the Spirit.. the Spirit is a gift that is seperate from life.
God gave man this Spirit.

Jesus told Peter he could walk on water if he had faith.
They could move mountains by faith.
Jesus calmed the raging storm with faith.

Where there is no faith there is only chaos.
If there are many faithless people angry, bitter, distressed, this energy flows outward.
It effects other energy like a ripple on the water.
The world is in chaos. It's effecting the earth.
The life in all is colliding.

Music has an effect on plants. Some plants thrive with different kinds of tones.
" Because plant roots respond only to sound waves at frequencies which match waves emitted by the plants themselves, it is likely that plants can receive and transduce sound vibrations into signals to elicit behavioral modifications as a form of below ground communication. "

I also believe that man is creating weapons and directing them at the earth, like HAARP and D.E.W.
But it all stems from the Spirit.
If man were in perfect harmony, I believe the earth would thrive.

I dont have a degree in science. I just feel this is true.
As far as the as above so below comment I made, I guess I didn't realize it was based in any particular theology.
I thought it was just a fact.
Everything comes from God. Everything returns to God.
Everything is God.
And so as above, so below.. it is all one in the same.
I don't study many other religions either so... there's that.
HUGS
And thank you

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God created the earth from himself. The same himself that created man.
Everything comes from God. The world is a living breathing thing.

What does this mean? Are you saying that creatures are alive and live upon the earth, or are you saying that rock itself is a "living breathing thing?

I'm not a pantheist, and if that's where you're coming from, I'm not interested.

Man is a living breathing thing.
Only difference between earth and man is the Spirit God put in him.
Everything that moves and breathes has energy.

Saying there are electrons in all atoms, and saying that earth, as a rock, is a "living breathing thing," are 2 very different things!

Energy is everywhere all the time.
You walk through water it creates movement in the water. The water has life, without it we would die.
The earth has life, without it nothing would grow.
Man has life.

The Scriptures say that God is the force behind the growth of things--not the things themselves.

This life is an energy. It gives off good vibes and bad vibes.
There are vibes that can heal you and other can make you sick.
I believe if there are enough bad vibes going round it can have an effect on the life surrounding it.
Seeing we all share that same life and same vibes.
Not the Spirit.. the Spirit is a gift that is seperate from life.
God gave man this Spirit.

We cannot separate the Spirit of God from creaturely life, and I'm not talking about energy in atoms. We can distinguish between God's life and animal life, for example. But we cannot separate them. God gives life to everything, and sustains everything by the word of His power.

Jesus told Peter he could walk on water if he had faith.
They could move mountains by faith.
Jesus calmed the raging storm with faith.

This "faith" that you speak of sounds more like the occult than Christian faith. Christian faith links God's word and man's belief. But without God's word man's faith is pure wishfulness at best. At worst, it is the attempt to draw upon satanic powers. Peter could not have walked on the water unless Jesus called for him to do so. Prove me wrong by going out to the nearest lake and walk on it. Please send a video. ;)

I really don't mean to be rude. But that's how silly some Christians make their "Faith Doctrine," as if it is our own faith, and not a faith linked to God's living word. They try to operate off of God's *written word,* but that can be manipulated. God's verbalized word, whether audible or within the heart, is necessary to walk on water, or to do any supernatural act.

Where there is no faith there is only chaos.
If there are many faithless people angry, bitter, distressed, this energy flows outward.
It effects other energy like a ripple on the water.
The world is in chaos. It's effecting the earth.
The life in all is colliding.

This sounds more like positive thinking, which steers around obedience to God and around a relationship with God. All men, Christian or pagan, operate with God, whether they know it or not. God is always speaking into their conscience, and is always trying to direct them in a good direction. If you think you're succeeding apart from God, you are ignorant.

Music has an effect on plants. Some plants thrive with different kinds of tones.
" Because plant roots respond only to sound waves at frequencies which match waves emitted by the plants themselves, it is likely that plants can receive and transduce sound vibrations into signals to elicit behavioral modifications as a form of below ground communication. "

I also believe that man is creating weapons and directing them at the earth, like HAARP and D.E.W.
But it all stems from the Spirit.
If man were in perfect harmony, I believe the earth would thrive.

True harmony is when men submit to the leadership of God. When they live in obedience to God's Spirit yes--the world will be at peace. In the present age, this won't be possible. Too many people reject God as their leader, as their lord. They want to live lives independent of their Creator and God. An autonomous lifestyle cannot be blessed by God. It sets the world up for the curses that come when God removes Himself from blessing them.

I dont have a degree in science. I just feel this is true.
As far as the as above so below comment I made, I guess I didn't realize it was based in any particular theology.
I thought it was just a fact.
Everything comes from God. Everything returns to God.
Everything is God.

That is Pantheism, which is decidedly unChristian.

And so as above, so below.. it is all one in the same.
I don't study many other religions either so... there's that.
HUGS
And thank you

You're welcome. My interest is in steering you in the direction of hearing God, so that you can obey Him, be in harmony, and bring blessings to the world. Take care.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What does this mean? Are you saying that creatures are alive and live upon the earth, or are you saying that rock itself is a "living breathing thing?

I'm not a pantheist, and if that's where you're coming from, I'm not interested.

Saying there are electrons in all atoms, and saying that earth, as a rock, is a "living breathing thing," are 2 very different things!

The Scriptures say that God is the force behind the growth of things--not the things themselves.

We cannot separate the Spirit of God from creaturely life, and I'm not talking about energy in atoms. We can distinguish between God's life and animal life, for example. But we cannot separate them. God gives life to everything, and sustains everything by the word of His power.

This "faith" that you speak of sounds more like the occult than Christian faith. Christian faith links God's word and man's belief. But without God's word man's faith is pure wishfulness at best. At worst, it is the attempt to draw upon satanic powers. Peter could not have walked on the water unless Jesus called for him to do so. Prove me wrong by going out to the nearest lake and walk on it. Please send a video. ;)

I really don't mean to be rude. But that's how silly some Christians make their "Faith Doctrine," as if it is our own faith, and not a faith linked to God's living word. They try to operate off of God's *written word,* but that can be manipulated. God's verbalized word, whether audible or within the heart, is necessary to walk on water, or to do any supernatural act.

This sounds more like positive thinking, which steers around obedience to God and around a relationship with God. All men, Christian or pagan, operate with God, whether they know it or not. God is always speaking into their conscience, and is always trying to direct them in a good direction. If you think you're succeeding apart from God, you are ignorant.

True harmony is when men submit to the leadership of God. When they live in obedience to God's Spirit yes--the world will be at peace. In the present age, this won't be possible. Too many people reject God as their leader, as their lord. They want to live lives independent of their Creator and God. An autonomous lifestyle cannot be blessed by God. It sets the world up for the curses that come when God removes Himself from blessing them.

That is Pantheism, which is decidedly unChristian.

You're welcome. My interest is in steering you in the direction of hearing God, so that you can obey Him, be in harmony, and bring blessings to the world. Take care.
Thank You for your reply
HUGS

Reactions: Randy Kluth

JesusLovesYou

Oct 18, 2020
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not sure what you were trying to say in the first part, but depending from which perspective one looks, Jesus was either killed or He was the sacrificial Lamb of God, dying out of love for the humanity. Think what it would mean to actually live this every day for those surrounding you--to love them enough that you would sacrifice. How much would one be willing to sacrifice for a relationship? Certainly, we are not God, but we could learn from Him. We just need to let ourselves be taught.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The earth is not just rock.
I'm not sure what you were trying to say in the first part, but depending from which perspective one looks, Jesus was either killed or He was the sacrificial Lamb of God, dying out of love for the humanity. Think what it would mean to actually live this every day for those surrounding you--to love them enough that you would sacrifice. How much would one be willing to sacrifice for a relationship? Certainly, we are not God, but we could learn from Him. We just need to let ourselves be taught.
Does our spiritual/energy impact the physical world?

I didn't word it very well. It's not you fault it's mine.

Rock has no feeling. That is why God removes the stoney heart and replaces it with a fleshy one that feels, it bleeds, like tears, it sorrows. Or it is glad and joyful..
So no the Rock is not in God and God is not in the rock.

There is energy the scientists call it, and maybe we call it spirit or movement, like the wind, it is also like your thoughts, they are not made of substance but they both move.. the Holy Spirit.

We are made of flesh, we feel pain. that pain is physical it effects the body. Like a forest fire or an earthquake effects the earth.
It leaves a mark.

All that has life comes from God. Your life, my life, the animals, birds, fish, grass, trees.
It is God's creation which he made from his own life.. and it all began in the beginning.

I don't know how to word it...
If I am sad, does the earth mourn?
If my crops are blighted with a deases and dies, does that make me sad?

Is it connected?

Question between man and earth: Do you feel what I feel?

It's the best I can do..
thank you
HUGS

JesusLovesYou

Oct 18, 2020
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If I understand your question correctly, there is a passage in Romans 8:18-30 which talks about the creation and the children of God eagerly waiting. Ever since the begining, the creation has been affected by sin is still in this sinful state, but the children of God, as they go through suffering, wait to be with God in His presence. Sin affected people and everything around them, but nothing can affect the state that one is as a child of God.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If I understand your question correctly, there is a passage in Romans 8:18-30 which talks about the creation and the children of God eagerly waiting. Ever since the begining, the creation has been affected by sin is still in this sinful state, but the children of God, as they go through suffering, wait to be with God in His presence. Sin affected people and everything around them, but nothing can affect the state that one is as a child of God.
Do you think our prayers would have any affect on creation?
I posted a video earlier in this thread about how even words can effect the molecular structure of water.
People pray over their meals to bless it and to be thankful.
These are powerful words and feelings.. spirit..

And God said.... and it was.
And God made man in his image and likeness.
If we have the mind of Christ and have all faith, yes I believe we could walk on water.
But man is weak, the flesh is doubtful. our minds are not in sync with the Lord.
We say it is, we may believe it is.
I have a wall between me and God it's called ego.
Everybody has one.
It's difficult to put your own mind on the back seat and let God take control.. of your mind.

Jesus gave us prayer, so that the words we speak make an impact.
Even prayer you must believe that without a doubt and all faith that God hears you.
Man will be accountable for every word he speaks.
The power of the tongue.
We say these things, these verses like we know what they mean.
But it's all in vain if we don't believe in what we say.

Well girl, your just preachin to the choir.

But is the choir listening ?
Better yet, is the girl preachin listening?

So hard to eat your own words.
Why are you telling me about what I should do?
do you do what you tell other people they should do?
Do you practice what you preach?

Communication is a gift. Words are a gift.
we throw them around without a care.
Half the time not even giving thought unto the words.
They have no meaning. They have no depth.
No power, just vanity...

I try hard to choose my words carefully.
But they are my words. I use them to express what I think, how I feel, who I am.
And with the same mouth I use them to blame, to attack, to accuse.
That's not who I am. That's what I want you to be.
And who am I to want you to be when I don't even follow my own words.

And God said... and it was.
God put all of his heart and mind and words into creation.
He poured himself out for us.
Our very existence hangs on his breath.

I seemed to have wandered into some
unchartered territory
JesusLovesYou

This post isn't personal. It's not about you.
It's just me going for a stroll in my thoughts.
Looking in a mirror and asking
who am I? How is my faith holding up?
I need to do a self evaluation.
And sometimes writing it out helps me think.

Thank You
HUGS

JesusLovesYou

Oct 18, 2020
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A few things I want to mention.

I have not seen the video you were talking about, but the way you explained it to me, I don't see any connection to faith. Yes, God said "Let there be...", and it came to be, but can anyone else do that, no matter what or how they say it?

Second, one only wants to eat his own words after saying them, and saying whatever you want to say requires wisdom from God Yes, you have the right to say whatever is on your mind, but do you really have to say it? You made a good point about the tongue, and so does the book of James in the New Testament--only five chapters.

As for prayer, Jesus taught us to refer to God as "our Father". Prayer, however, is more than just words memorized which we say on certain occasions. If we call God *our Father", that means we trust that his Son as our Savior and we gave a relationship with the Father through the Son--Jesus. And the fact that this relationship exists shows in our relationships with others. Prayer is praising, repenting, asking and yielding to God, and we have to do this every day through what we do and say--back to words.

As for the question about Job, Satan never does anything without God's approval,; God is always in control of the things that happen, and unless God says Satan can act, he is otherwise powerless when it comes to those who trust God. God allowed this test on Job 1. because He knew Job, and 2. because He wanted to reach Job that He is always in control. At the end of his trial, God blessed Job a lot more than at first.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have not seen the video you were talking about, but the way you explained it to me, I don't see any connection to faith. Yes, God said "Let there be...", and it came to be, but can anyone else do that, no matter what or how they say it?
Thank You

We do it all the time. You have to think of a widget before you can make it.
There has to be some amount of "faith" to believe that the thought in your head will actually become a material thing.
If you didn't believe that you could produce the thing you thought of, then why bother trying?

Difference between God and man is that God created everything from himself.
And he gave us the ability to create "like" him using the things he already made.
We can't make air or dirt or water.. I don't believe... hmm . I dont think so.. anyways.

We can only build upon the things...
You know where this is headed don't ya?

1Co 3:11
For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.
1Co 3:12
Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;
1Co 3:13
Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.

Well, I don't think the widgets are going to be able to withstand the heat.
And I know Paul is talking about spiritual things.
Nevertheless, the foundation Never changes.

God creates, and man has creative ability.. this is a gift.

HUGS

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So the question was about being able to move things or change a structure of a thing with words..

hmm.
what are thoughts?
They are words put into action by the doing.. the creating..
Thinking..
HUGS