"10 Commandments" vs. "The Mosaic Law"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So many threads fit this model; more of an anti-X denomination than a Christian today.

Non-denominationalism, which has morphed into anti-denominationalism with the advent of the misinformation superhighway, is all the rage these days.

Thanks and charity is what is missing from the thread topic. Somebody out there somewhere does not adhere 100% to <whatIknowwith100%certanty> so, I’ll do an inversion of how do I hate thee, let me count the ways + rationalize it as pointing out false doctrine.

No live and let live among this so-called Christian stripe; just TORA-TORA-TORA.

More like live and let die, I'd say. o_O

:hearteyes:

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Non-denominationalism, which has morphed into anti-denominationalism with the advent of the misinformation superhighway, is all the rage these days.
Those are some mighty interesting terms.
- Non-denominationalism
- anti-denominationalism
- misinformation superhighway

Non-denominationalism is familiar.
I was raised in an independent Protestant evangelical non-denominational church.
They preferred to call it inter-denominational, because it sounded more inviting.
Which was appropriate but somewhat inaccurate. Our doctrines were too specific
to claim inter-denominationalism. Not that I'm complaining.
But this "ism" business can be a bit tricky.

Anti-denominationalism is one I hadn't considered. I used to attend a
small independent church on Friday evenings that would fit that description.
We met in the small chapel of a large church,
They had a term for denominations = "demon-nations" - LOL
With Pastors that were educated at the "Semetery."
They were definitely anti-denominationalism. Very tribal.
Fine folks, but I didn't like to hear all the bad-mouthing of others.

The "misinformation superhighway" - LOL
That's just funny.

/

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Non-Responsive. This passage says a certain thing, and you are not responding to that thing it says.
The passage doesn't say what you say it says.
Romans 5:12-14 KJV
12) Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:
13) (For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law.
14) Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come.

There wasn't the Law before Moses.
If there was no law before Moses, how can it be said that Adam sinned?

Reactions: BarneyFife

Pavel Mosko

Dec 19, 2021
Boyertown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"10 Commandments" vs. "The Mosaic Law"

The 10 are in "The Mosaic Law".
Agreed. But if read the thread you will find Adventist claim otherwise based on passages regarding the tablets of Stone being housed in the Ark of the Covenant, the fact they were written "by the Finger of God", the fact they were written on stone rather than parchment, as well as specific idioms like "The Law of Moses" which they interpret or claim to be Mosaic law minus the 10 Commandments.