10 Questions about Eternal Security

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Assinine comment. As we were not discussing what is sin or not, your statement is irrelevant and simply a rabbit trail.

Well, you are welcome to your assinine opinions! laughing6.gif

Do you not believe Jesus died for your future sins?

What Jesus did in His death burial and resurrection... is NOT automatically applied to all of men's future sins... that would be universalism since Jesus died for the sins of the entire world.

Romans 3:25
Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;

IF all future sins were automatically forgiven then we could all live in sin... which is why so many OSAS peoples do exactly that because they have sadly been deceived into believing false doctrine.

What Jesus did in His death burial and resurrection... did NOT do away with or suspend seedtime and harvest... aka sowing and reaping.

Galatians 6:7-8 (see Gen 8:22)
Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.
For
he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.

This is a major biblical truth the OSAS crowd always explains away or denies is simply this... God is NOT mocked, what we sow is what we reap - if we sow to the flesh we shall of the flesh reap corruption. (Gal 6:7,8)

In Gal 6:8, the word corruption is...

G5356
fthora from G5351; decay, i.e. ruin -- corruption, destroy, perish.

G5351
strengthened from phthio (to pine or waste); properly, to shrivel or wither, i.e. to spoil or to ruin, by moral influences, to deprave): -- corrupt (self), defile, destroy.

If one claims we DO reap corruption when we sin, then they are admitting they do not believe OSAS / Eternal security doctrine (and sadly many of their friends will forsake them!).... and if one claims we DO NOT reap what we sow, then according to Gal 6:7, that would be mocking God!

So Gal 6:7,8 is quite the quandary, quite the state of uncertainty and perplexity for the adherents of OSAS doctrine.

Question is... are YOU a God mocker???

IF all future sins were automatically forgiven... then the Lord would NOT have put these scriptures in His Word:

Proverbs 28:13
He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy.

1 John 1:9
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

also how many believers do you personally know who believe in the biblical doctrine of OSAS live in sin?

Quite a few actually... I attended a local church in my area for several years and the majority of them engage in sinful behavior like getting drunk, smoking weed, lying, defrauding others.... and they are BIG believers in "all our future sins are already forgiven"

The pastors are all big fans of all the big time false teachers that teach OSAS and are false teachers.

IF it were actually true that all future sins were already forgiven... then people have no reason to stop doing sin. They can let their freak flag fly and it matters not!

sin_all_you_want2.gif

Last edited:

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
IF all future sins were automatically forgiven then we could all live in sin... which is why so many OSAS peoples do exactly that because they have sadly been deceived into believing false doctrine.
And exactly how many OSAS people do you personally know that are living in sin?

So not all your sins are forgiven then? WOw you must live scared life that one sin in the future could send you to the lake of fire.
Romans 3:25
Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;

Ripping verses out of context is a grievous sin!

Show me one verse that says future sins are not forgiven.
one claims we DO reap corruption when we sin, then they are admitting they do not believe OSAS / Eternal security doctrine (and sadly many of their friends will forsake them!).... and if one claims we DO NOT reap what we sow, then according to Gal 6:7, that would be mocking God!
So Gal 6:7,8 is quite the quandary, quite the state of uncertainty and perplexity for the adherents of OSAS doctrine.
Seeing how you reject OSAS how can you make an authoratative claim like this, which is patently false.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Quite a few actually... I attended a local church in my area for several years and the majority of them engage in sinful behavior like getting drunk, smoking weed, lying, defrauding others.... and they a BIG believers in "all our future sins are already forgiven"

IF it were actually true that all future sins were already forgiven... then people have no reason to stop doing sin. They can let their freak flag fly and it matters not!
This shows you do not know what happens when one gets saved and what happens to an individual when they are born again.

YOu love making sweeping generalizations but are bereft of SCripture.

But some verses that prove eternal security:

From John 3:

18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

John 6:37
All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

John 10:28
And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

Romans 10:4
For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.

Romans 4:15
Because the law worketh wrath: for where no law is, there is no transgression.

Ephesians 2:8-9

King James Version

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Rom. 8:

28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

Ephesians 2:6
And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

Colossians 3:2-4

King James Version

2 Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.
3 For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.
4 When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.

Hebrews 13:5
Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.

Hebrews 10:14
For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.

This last one is my favorite! For it says by HIs one death I am perfected for all time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now if you want to understand why OSAS is the biblical reality, I am more than honored to explain why you have gotten real bad teaching from those who tell you Jesus death has not covered all your sains.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This just proves you are a cherry picker and do not accept all the Lord says on this m atter ...and those are ALL conditional promises.

If one turns away from the Lord to do sin, they reap corruption which is to no longer be in right standing... UNLESS they repent (the NT provides provision for repentance.)

Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.
For
he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.

God gave man free will... if man chooses to turn and walk away from the Lord, God will let them do so.

Romans 1:28
they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do what ought not to be done

The gifts and callings of God are without repentance which means God cannot violate our free will and save us anyway IF we choose to go back to our sin which is living in darkness. In God there is NO darkness. (1 John 1:5)

This is a major biblical truth the OSAS crowd always explains away or denies is simply this... God is NOT mocked, what we sow is what we reap - if we sow to the flesh we shall of the flesh reap corruption. (Gal 6:7,8)

G5356

G5351
strengthened from phthio (to pine or waste); properly, to shrivel or wither, i.e. to spoil or to ruin, by moral influences, to deprave): -- corrupt (self), defile, destroy.

If one claims we DO reap corruption when we sin, then they are admitting they do not believe OSAS / Eternal security doctrine (and sadly many of their friends will forsake them!).... and if one claims we DO NOT reap what we sow, then according to Gal 6:7, that would be mocking God!

Too bad so many are mocking God these days!

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So not all your sins are forgiven then? WOw you must live scared life that one sin in the future could send you to the lake of fire.
Romans 3:25 (AMP) - whom God displayed publicly [before the eyes of the world] as a [life-giving] sacrifice of atonement and reconciliation (propitiation) by His blood [to be received] through faith. This was to demonstrate His righteousness [which demands punishment for sin], because in His forbearance [His deliberate restraint] He passed over the sins previously committed [before Jesus’ crucifixion].

This sheds some light on what is meant by PAST sins. It does not mean that ONLY our past sins are forgiven by Jesus.

Acts 13:39 - and by Him everyone who believes is justified from all things from which you could not be justified by the law of Moses.

Further translations of Romans 3:25 read:

ESV - whom God put forward as a propitiation by his blood, to be received by faith. This was to show God's righteousness, because in his divine forbearance he had passed over former sins.

HCSB - God presented Him as a propitiation through faith in His blood, to demonstrate His righteousness, because in His restraint God passed over the sins previously committed.

NASB - whom God displayed publicly as a propitiation in His blood through faith. This was to demonstrate His righteousness, because in the forbearance of God He passed over the sins previously committed.

NIV - God presented Christ as a sacrifice of atonement, through the shedding of his blood—to be received by faith. He did this to demonstrate his righteousness, because in his forbearance he had left the sins committed beforehand unpunished.

Reactions: Ronald Nolette

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Genesis 3

Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the Lord God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?
2 And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden:
3 But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.
4 And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:
5 For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.
6 And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.
7 And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons.
8 And they heard the voice of the Lord God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the Lord God amongst the trees of the garden.
9 And the Lord God called unto Adam, and said unto him, Where art thou?
10 And he said, I heard thy voice in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked; and I hid myself.
11 And he said, Who told thee that thou wast naked? Hast thou eaten of the tree, whereof I commanded thee that thou shouldest not eat?
12 And the man said, The woman whom thou gavest to be with me, she gave me of the tree, and I did eat.
13 And the Lord God said unto the woman, What is this that thou hast done? And the woman said, The serpent beguiled me, and I did eat.
14 And the Lord God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:
15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.
16 Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.
17 And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life;
18 Thorns also and thistles shall it bring forth to thee; and thou shalt eat the herb of the field;
19 In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.
20 And Adam called his wife's name Eve; because she was the mother of all living.
21 Unto Adam also and to his wife did the Lord God make coats of skins, and clothed them.
22 And the Lord God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:
23 Therefore the Lord God sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground from whence he was taken.
24 So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.

("I won't sugar coat Gods word." strepho #227)

No you're just trying to decimate the TRUTH OF THE WORD OF GOD, by bringing forth your serpent seed heretical doctrine.

This is banned and bannable by every Christian forum I have even been on.

Praying for your soul !

Reactions: Zao is life

strepho

Jan 31, 2023
Meriden
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Genesis 3

Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the Lord God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?
2 And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden:
3 But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.
4 And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:
5 For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.
6 And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.
7 And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons.
8 And they heard the voice of the Lord God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the Lord God amongst the trees of the garden.
9 And the Lord God called unto Adam, and said unto him, Where art thou?
10 And he said, I heard thy voice in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked; and I hid myself.
11 And he said, Who told thee that thou wast naked? Hast thou eaten of the tree, whereof I commanded thee that thou shouldest not eat?
12 And the man said, The woman whom thou gavest to be with me, she gave me of the tree, and I did eat.
13 And the Lord God said unto the woman, What is this that thou hast done? And the woman said, The serpent beguiled me, and I did eat.
14 And the Lord God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:
15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.
16 Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.
17 And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life;
18 Thorns also and thistles shall it bring forth to thee; and thou shalt eat the herb of the field;
19 In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.
20 And Adam called his wife's name Eve; because she was the mother of all living.
21 Unto Adam also and to his wife did the Lord God make coats of skins, and clothed them.
22 And the Lord God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:
23 Therefore the Lord God sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground from whence he was taken.
24 So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.

("I won't sugar coat Gods word." strepho #227)

No you're just trying to decimate the TRUTH OF THE WORD OF GOD, by bringing forth your serpent seed heretical doctrine.

This is banned and bannable by every Christian forum I have even been on.

Praying for your soul !
It wasn't apple that caused sin in the garden.
I documented and explained this.
I gave Naga in Hebrew language.
Paul in Corinthians chapter 11, is cross reference, that eve was beguiled by the serpent. Thiers no apple orchard in genesis chapter 2 or 3.

Are you acting on your accord or being influenced by entity?

Romans chapter 1:18 . For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliess and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness.
Children of light tell the truth. Even if it offends some people.
Satan has many Christian people in Bondage. They are spirtualty blind to the truth.

1:28. And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to Reprobate mind.

Weak faith.
Pride
Embracing the east wind, false doctrine, hosea chapter 12 to document. Reprobates have the mentality of satan.

Titus chapter 3:10. A man that is a heretick, after the first and second admonition reject.
3:11. Knowing that he is such is subverted, and sins, being self condemned.
Dead works for false brethren. Suppress the truth. Peddle false doctrine.
Its perdition for false brethren.
2 Peter 2:1.
But there were false prophet's also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that brought them.

Some Christian people turned their backs on the truth, and embrace fairy tales and traditions of men. False brethren are self condemned. There also ignorant. Fake piety and deception.

Micah chapter 3:5. Thus says the Lord concerning the prophets that make my people err, that bite with their teeth, and cry peace; and he that puts not into thier mouths, they even prepare war against him.
The fake brethren are confounded and deluded by their own lies. Because they have subverted minds. False pretenses. Admit to no neutrality.
They propose war against those who support them.
False brethren also connive.
No moral courage.
Shrink from persecution.
Churches of false brethren are polluted.

First epistle John 1:6. If we say we have fellowship with Him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth.

Poison pills come from false brethren who oppose the truth. No moral courage and thier deficiency.

Ezekiel chapter 13:9.
And Mine hand shall upon the prophets that see vanity, and that divine lies: they shall not be in the assembly of My people, neither shall they be written in the writing of the house of Israel, neither shall they enter into land of Israel:

False brethren have no place in kingdom of God. Judgement day starts with house of God. All the poison pills, subversion of God's word will condemn them.
No, I won't pray for false brethren. They are self condemned.

I hope you understand and get on the right path. On judgement day, Jesus will not have Mercy on the false brethren or heathen.
You targeted Gods Elect and messed up big time.
Micah 5:15. And I will execute vengeance in anger and fury upon the heathen, such as they have not heard.
May God have Mercy on the heathen and false brethren ! .
I moved on to other subjects.

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
IF all future sins were automatically forgiven then we could all live in sin...
Since you based your conclusion on Romans 3:25, it bears noting that all of our sins were future with respect to the time when that epistle was written. So then, according to your logic, no one can be saved who sinned after the cross, because all sins were future after the cross.

In the passage, Paul is not discussing the forgiveness of sins committed in the past, as your translation indicates. Rather, the time aspect of Romans 3:21-26 is relative to the cross. Paul compares God's perspective before and after the cross. Before the cross, God, in his forbearance, overlooked sins; after the cross, God reconciled with the world in view of the fact that Jesus Christ willingly suffered and died on the cross so that God could demonstrate both his justice and his mercy. Paul's point is this: there was a time when God overlooked sins, but after the cross, it was no longer necessary for God to overlook sins. He was able to reconcile with those who put their faith and trust in Jesus.

Here is the picture Paul is painting.

forbearance <-- cross --> reconciliation.
What Jesus did in His death burial and resurrection... did NOT do away with or suspend seedtime and harvest... aka sowing and reaping.
It's important to note that when Paul quoted a proverb, he was actually making a point about reaping what we sow in terms of our support for those who teach us. Although he could have been referencing the consequences of sinning, that wasn't his intended message in this particular instance.

Also, Paul wasn't talking to those prone to licentiousness. Rather Paul wrote an epistle to those living in Galatia who were being told that they needed to keep Moses to be saved. Keeping Moses is the opposite of licentiousness.
IF all future sins were automatically forgiven... then the Lord would NOT have put these scriptures in His Word:
You seem to be avoiding the subject. In this post you rightly point out the danger of presuming on the promise of salvation. But the talk is applicable to everyone whether one believes in OSAS or not. What you say about those who believe the OSAS doctrine is not true since it is an over generalization.
Quite a few actually... I attended a local church in my area for several years and the majority of them engage in sinful behavior like getting drunk, smoking weed, lying, defrauding others.... and they are BIG believers in "all our future sins are already forgiven"
Okay, and are any of them committed followers of Jesus Christ? My money is on NO, they are not. You are a witness to a fundamental teaching of the New Testament: "what I say I believe is not always what I really believe."

Rella ~ I am a woman

Jul 27, 2023
SW PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Whereas SALVATiON= is God created, God caused, and God maintained., and once you have it., as "The Gift of Salvation" and "The Gift of Righteousness", you have it forever.
@Behold

Confession. I learned from you about being born again. That it is the spirit that is so.

But here is a question I have not heard addressed.

When one recognizes a sin within themselves, after being born again..... If this is true "Temptation comes to us through the world, the flesh, and the devil. The problem is that, wherever it comes from, it attaches itself to the soul. Our souls are sticky toward sin. Sin attaches itself to our souls."

Then even though once you have "The Gift of Salvation" and "The Gift of Righteousness" is it not proper to ask forgiveness to our heavenly Father in Jesus name? Should we not acknowledge to out heavenly Father that
we recognize we messed up?

Reactions: Zao is life

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
If a once truly born again believer can’t possibly go back to sin and go to hell, explain:

1. Where did God say any man ever loses his free will on this earth? (Joshua 24:15)
2. Where did God say that those He saves cannot ever go back to sin?
3. How and why are the wages of sin no longer death? (Romans 6:23)
4. Why did God separate Adam and Eve from Himself when they sinned and yet now somehow changed and keeps rebels, violators, unrepentant sinners in His kingdom? (Genesis 3:24; Malachi 3:6)
5. Explain why God is no longer just?
6. Explain why God no longer punishes sin, especially in the unrepentant? (Romans 2:6-7)
7. Explain why God is no longer holy and therefore can and will keep rebels in His holy, eternal kingdom? (Isaiah 6:3; Revelation 4:8)
8. Explain why you claim Jesus lied when He said a man can “believe” and then “fall away” if such is not possible? (Luke 8:13)
9. Explain why Christ’s apostle Paul warned all New Testament believers, namely Gentiles, that they will be “cut off” from and by God if they do not continue in His goodness? (Romans 11:20-22)
10. Explain why Jesus told the Church at Laodicea, His own people, that if they become “lukewarm,” He would reject, spue them out of His mouth? (Revelation 3:15-16)
The truth is, Adam (the creature's) everlasting life was never in himself, because only God has eternal life in Himself:

-- He (Christ) alone possesses immortality and lives in unapproachable light, whom no human has ever seen or is able to see. To him be honor and eternal power! Amen. --- 1 Timothy 6:15-16.

-- "For as the Father has life in Himself, so He has given to the Son to have life within Himself" -- John 5:26
-- "In Him (the Word of God) was life, and the life was the light of men" -- John 1:4

That's why only He (Jesus, our Creator) has the keys of death and hades:

-- "I am the First and the Last, and the Living One, and I became dead, and behold, I am alive for ever and ever, Amen. And I have the keys of hades and of death." -- Revelation 1:17-18.

Both Genesis 2:7 and John 3:8 speak of the Spirit of God breathing His (eternal) life into man, and God alone is immortal, God alone has life in Himself. It follows that eternal záō (eternal life | immortality) is in Christ alone:

"If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered. And they gather and cast them into the fire, and they are burned. If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you shall ask what you will, and it shall be done to you." (John 15:6-7).

Adam did not abide in the Word in whom is life (John 1:2 & 4), which says: ".. in the day that you eat of it, dying you shall die" (Genesis 2:17).

When he believed the word that said instead, "You shall not surely die" (Genesis 3:4) - which implied that Adam's eternal life | immortality was in himself - he began to die.

We are not given eternal life in ourselves. Our everlasting life is in Christ, who alone is immortal. If we were given the gift of eternal life in ourselves, that would make us like the Most High - which is what Adam, who was created in the image and likeness of God, was told ("You will be like God"), which was probably his motive for turning aside from the Word of God to believe the word of Satan - the first lie:

"...You will not surely die ..".

"If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered. And they gather and cast them into the fire, and they are burned. If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you shall ask what you will, and it shall be done to you." (John 15:6-7).

Satan is still deceiving those who have eternal life which is in Christ alone by getting many to believe the same lie of OSAS.

John 15:6-7 (quoted above) implies that there is still a choice on the part of humans. There is something that can cause us to stop abiding in Him, and Jesus implied that it's only those who have ears to hear who will hear the full counsel of God who will never fall away, and those who believe in OSAS will not hear.
-- Therefore what you heard from the beginning, let it abide in you. If what you heard from the beginning remains in you, you will abide in both the Son and in the Father.-- John 2:24
-- If you keep My commandments, you shall abide in My love, even as I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in His love. This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. -- John 15:10, 12.

-- And this is His commandment, that we should believe on the name of His Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as He gave us commandment.

And he who keeps His commandment dwells in Him, and He in him. And by this we know that He abides in us, by the Spirit which He gave to us. -- 1 John 3:23-24

-- If you keep My commandments, you shall abide in My love, even as I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in His love. This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. -- John 15:10, 12.

-- But whoever has this world's goods and sees his brother having need, and shuts up his bowels from him, how does the love of God dwell in him? My children, let us not love in word or in tongue, but in deed and in truth. -- 1 John 3:17-18.

-- My brothers, what profit is it if a man says he has faith and does not have works? Can faith save him? If a brother or sister is naked and destitute of daily food, and if one of you says to them, Go in peace, be warmed and filled, but you do not give them those things which are needful to the body, what good is it?

Even so, if it does not have works, faith is dead, being by itself. -- James 2:14-17.

-- And the King shall answer and say to them, Truly I say to you, Inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brothers, you have done it to Me. -- Matthew 25:40.

-- Owe no one anything, except to love one another; for he who loves another has fulfilled the law. For: "Do not commit adultery; do not murder; do not steal; do not bear false witness; do not lust;" and if there is any other commandment, it is summed up in this word, "You shall love your neighbor as yourself." Love works no ill to its neighbor, therefore love is the fulfilling of the law. -- Romans 13:8-10

-- But I say to you, Love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who despitefully use you and persecute you. For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have? Do not even the tax-collectors do the same? -- Matthew 5:44, 46

-- Therefore if your enemy hungers, feed him. If he thirsts, give him drink. For in so doing you shall heap coals of fire on his head. -- Romans 12:20

-- Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself unless it remains in the vine, so neither can you unless you abide in Me. I am the Vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, the same brings forth much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing.

If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered. And they gather and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.
If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you shall ask what you will, and it shall be done to you.

In this My Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit, so you shall be My disciples. -- John 15:4-8

Eternal life is in Christ alone. Those who do not abide in Him will die.​

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: L.A.M.B.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
2 Corinthians 4
Berean Standard Bible Par ▾
The Light of the Gospel
1Therefore, since God in His mercy has given us this ministry,a we do not lose heart. 2Instead, we have renounced secret and shameful ways. We do not practice deceit, nor do we distort the word of God. On the contrary, by open proclamation of the truth, we commend ourselves to every man’s conscience in the sight of God. 3And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing.
4The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers so they cannot see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God. 5For we do not proclaim ourselves, but Jesus Christ as Lord, and ourselves as your servants for Jesus’ sake. 6For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,”b made His light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.c
Treasure in Jars of Clay
(Romans 6:1–14)
7Now we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this surpassingly great power is from God and not from us. 8We are hard pressed on all sides, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; 9persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed.
10We always carry around in our body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our body. 11For we who are alive are always consigned to death for Jesus’ sake, so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our mortal body. 12So then, death is at work in us, but life is at work in you.
13And in keeping with what is written: “I believed, therefore I have spoken,”d we who have the same spirit of faith also believe and therefore speak, 14knowing that the One who raised the Lord Jesuse will also raise us with Jesus and present us with you in His presence. 15All this is for your benefit, so that the grace that is extending to more and more people may overflow in thanksgiving, to the glory of God.
16Therefore we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, yet our inner self is being renewed day by day. 17For our light and momentary affliction is producing for us an eternal weight of glory that is far beyond comparison. 18So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's the only way anybody can hold the OSAS position!

It's what you people do! View attachment 38155
Not at all. We keep all things in context and history. You should read mailmans post about past sins. The blood of bulls and goats could never take away sins, they only covered them until the blood of jesus was shed. then those sins which were past were removed. that verse has nothing to do with people today but was historical, as further explained in the book of Hebrews.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This just proves you are a cherry picker and do not accept all the Lord says on this m atter ...and those are ALL conditional promises.

If one turns away from the Lord to do sin, they reap corruption which is to no longer be in right standing... UNLESS they repent (the NT provides provision for repentance.)

For

God gave man free will... if man chooses to turn and walk away from the Lord, God will let them do so.

Romans 1:28
they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do what ought not to be done

The gifts and callings of God are without repentance which means God cannot violate our free will and save us anyway IF we choose to go back to our sin which is living in darkness. In God there is NO darkness. (1 John 1:5)

G5356

G5351

Too bad so many are mocking God these days!
Well as I never said we do not reap what we sow, that is you becoming a liar!

We do reap what we sow. but for a believer that harvest is experienced in this life! for God views us as dead and our life as hidden in christ. so that hwen He returns, we will appear with Him.

What your false teachers have failed to teach you is the difference between our experience and our position.

Our position is secure as we are already seated in heavenly places. This is also called our relationship with god. we are His sons and as such we are either obedient or disobedient sons, but sons we are through Jesus blood and not by us maintaining some standard of living, though we are called to holy lives as Eph. 2:10 declares.

Our experience is what is called day to day life. this is also called our fellowship with god and this can be hindered and even blocked by sins we may commit. Just like a disobedient child being spanked and sent to their room for a time, so god ,in love, will cause us to experience the wages of sin to train us!

If we cannot unbecome children of our earthly parents, how much more can we not unbecome children of our Father in heaven who so loves us and has blotted out the condemnation of the law from before us!

Now, if you can ask like the christian you are and with a civil tongue I will gladly instruct you what teh bible (and OSAS doctrine from Scripture) teaches about those who profess to be Christians but live in lives of sin. but you need to become a whole lot more civil and Christ like and get rid of the chip on your shoulder.