10 Questions about Eternal Security

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
~
1John 3:9 . . No one who is born of God practices sin, because His seed
abides in him; and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

That verse only applies to someone who for real is God's paternal descendant.

The thing is: born-again Christians are not related to God like that. They are
His descendants via the process of adoption. (Gal 4:5, Eph 1:5)

In point of fact, born-again Christians are described as God's handiwork
rather than His offspring.

2Cor 5:17
Eph 2:10
Eph 4:24
Col 3:9-10

God has only one child qualified to claim himself God's paternal descendant.

John 1:14
John 1:18
John 3:16
John 3:18
1John 4:9

Were born-again Christians to be God's paternal descendants, they would be
divine beings because like gives birth to like, i.e. were God to reproduce, He
would produce Gods, viz: duplicates of Himself like as when humans
reproduce duplicates of themselves.

NOTE: I read in a Watchtower Society publication back in the late 1960s that
Jesus could've failed; he could've sinned. Well according to 1John 3:9, the
Jehovah's Witnesses are very mistaken; and that's likely because their concept
of Jesus' origin is extremely faulty.
_

those who are born again (john 3)

If you have not been born again, Your lost. and your NOT a child of God. Your condemned

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“Big Boy J” as well as many others are convinced men sin against men, and men (not UNDER Mosaic Law), have the authority to Forgive Sin.

No, not all sin... just sin someone else does to me.
If you do another person dirty, I cannot forgive you for something you did to someone else.

And, forgiveness does not mean a person is off the hook where the Lord is concerned so you are confusing 2 different issues.

WE must forgive others in order for out sins to be forgiven according to what Jesus said in Matthew 6:15

This does not mean the person that did us wrong is forgiven with the Lord... no, they need to confess and forsake their sin before the Lord to be forgiven of their sins..., just like any of us do.

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How many of their sins was Jesus punished for on the cross?

There you have it folks!

The core of the OSAS doctrine.... one can live in sin and still be saved and go to Heaven!

You should never trust a OSAS person because any moment they can bust out in to sinful behavior and do you dirty and damage you in some way.... because they believe if they get in to sinful behavior, all their future sins are already forgiven so they are free to live in sin if they want to!

You definitely don't want these people to be around your wife and kids and don't trust them with any money either disagree.gif

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gods Spirit enters that mans new spirit and becomes that mans ULTIMATE…protector that NOTHING can draw that man back INTO the SIN of Unbelief AGAINST God…

So your claim is... since you have been born again, you have NEVER ever sinned since then???

If so, based on the doctrine you espouse... you were never really born again in the first place. Sorry pal.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There you have it folks!

The core of the OSAS doctrine.... one can live in sin and still be saved and go to Heaven!

You should never trust a OSAS person because any moment they can bust out in to sinful behavior and do you dirty and damage you in some way.... because they believe if they get in to sinful behavior, all their future sins are already forgiven so they are free to live in sin if they want to!

You definitely don't want these people to be around your wife and kids and don't trust them with any money either View attachment 38082
So you could not answer his question?

You need to also stop with the lies. A child of God can not live in sin.

Eternally secure do not believe a child of God can because God said so. And they believe in the power of God to change Lives.

Don’t you?

Reactions: mailmandan

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There you have it folks!

You definitely don't want these people to be around your wife and kids and don't trust them with any money either View attachment 38082
So your doctrine you hold to is that Jesus did not die for all of your sins, just most of them.

I never taught nor implied that someone who professes to be a believer can live a life of sin. that was you forming conclusions without full information.

What do I believe?

Romans 6

King James Version

6 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?
2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

12 Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.

Titus 2:11-13

King James Version

11 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,
12 Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;

Once again I never said a believer can live a life of sin. That is you lying from the intentionally vague answers I gave. I knew you couldn't help yourself and go to false conclusions.

But the fact that once a person is s aved they are saved forever is so well documented in Scripture as to be irrefutable.

It is sad that you say the blood of Jesus and the death Jesus suffered as punishment for your sins didn't pay the full price.

YOu have three major problems in your lack of understanding Gods word on soteriology.

1. You fail to realize exactly what Jesus accomplished on the cross.

2. You fail to understand the enormous change that takes place in a persons' life when they get saved.

3. People do not go to hell for being sinners. they go to hell for rejecting the death and physical resurrection of Jesus as the full and complete payment for all their sins.

Jesus Himself said it in JOhn:

18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

(not ever commit a sin again, but place their trust in Jesus for salvation)

36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

Trust- not perfection.

The far more i mportant question you need to ask yourself is:

ARE YOU TRUSTING IN JESUS ALONE TO SAVE YOU OR ARE YOU TRUSTING IN JESUS AND COMMITTING FEWER AND FEWER SINS TO SAVE YOU?

If it is the latter, you may be guilty of believing in another gospel as Paul said in galatians 1.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
View attachment 38083
Dude... I used to be a professional sinner!

I was so proficient at sin, I could sin without even thinking about it...
Your problem is you just simjply do not understand what Jesus did for you at the cross and what His blood shed did for you .

You are mixing grace and the law and coming up with an abomination.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, not all sin... just sin someone else does to me.
If you do another person dirty, I cannot forgive you for something you did to someone else.

And, forgiveness does not mean a person is off the hook where the Lord is concerned so you are confusing 2 different issues.

WE must forgive others in order for out sins to be forgiven according to what Jesus said in Matthew 6:15

This does not mean the person that did us wrong is forgiven with the Lord... no, they need to confess and forsake their sin before the Lord to be forgiven of their sins..., just like any of us do.

The topic was “SIN”.
Why are you referencing a Scriptural quote (Matt 6:15) about “TRESPASSES”?

Matt 6:
[15] But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But the fact that once a person is s aved they are saved forever is so well documented in Scripture as to be irrefutable.

Which is code for... one can go ahead and live in sin and the OSAS peoples claim they are still saved if they did.

Just like your boy Gnarly Charlie Stanley teaches! (all the OSAS peoples say he's the leading authority on OSAS doctrine!)
In his book, Eternal Security, Stanley says

"Even if a believer for all practical purposes becomes an unbeliever, his salvation is not in jeopardy” (Chapter 10, p. 93)

Christ will not deny an unbelieving Christian his or her salvation because to do so would be to deny Himself” (p. 94).

Believers who lose or abandon their faith will retain their salvation, for God remains faithful” (p. 94)

He actually taught one can be a "gay christian" and still go to Heaven proving he is a false teacher!

Here's a video where you can see video of Charlies saying this (just a few minutes into the video)

In this video, Gnarly Charlie says he's proud of Andy and supports him after heresy charges

Can a Person Live a Life of Sin and Remain Saved?

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your problem is you just simjply do not understand what Jesus did for you at the cross and what His blood shed did for you .

You are mixing grace and the law and coming up with an abomination.

Those that have had their understanding darkened by following OSAS doctrine... cannot see very well in the light.

Romans 8:13
For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.

Christians are now under the Law of Christ which is the commend to abide in Him, being led by the Holy Spirit, beeing free from the bondage of sin as in NOT DOING SINFUL BEHAVIOR because if we so to the flesh we reap corruption

In the New Testament, many mentions of “the law” is actually referring to Law of Christ (aka the Law of Liberty) and is not talking about the old testament law. Christians are NOT called to keep or live under the old testament law, but we ARE called to live under the Law of Christ.

Ultimately this means we are called to abide In Christ which is living after the Spirit and not after the flesh, or to be spiritually minded and not carnally minded (see Romans 8). As we see in Romans 8, to be spiritually minded is life and peace but to be carnally minded is death which is separation from the Lord.

Galatians 6:2
Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ.

1 Corinthians 9:21

To them that are without law, as without law, (being not without law to God, but under the law to Christ,) that I might gain them that are without law.

James 2:12

So speak ye, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty.

James 1:25

But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.

Romans 8:2
For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

Law of Christ
The phrase "the law of Christ" appears only in Galatians 6:2, although it is implied by the wording of 1 Corinthians 9:21 as well. In both places, its precise meaning is difficult to fix. In Galatians, Paul argues vigorously that the law given at Sinai makes no claim on those who believe in Christ, whether Gentile or Jew ( 2:15-21 ; Galatians 3:10-14 Galatians 3:23-26 ; 4:4-5 ; 4:21-5:6).

He then appeals to the Galatians to engage in ethical behavior by walking in the Spirit ( 5:16 Galatians 16 ), being lead by the Spirit ( 5:18 ), and fulfilling "the law of Christ" (ho nomos tou Christou) through bearing one another's burdens ( 6:2 ). In 1 Corinthians 9 Paul demonstrates how Christians should, out of love for the weaker brother or sister, refrain from demanding their rights.

By way of illustration Paul says in verses 19-23 that he adopts certain Jewish customs when among Jews, although he is not under the Jewish law, and that he adopts some Gentile customs when among Gentiles, although he is not without the law of God but rather "in the law of Christ" (ennomos Christou).

It seems fairly clear from these two texts that Paul uses the phrase to mean something other than the law given to Israel at Sinai and considered by most Jews to be their special possession.

Help is found in the prophets. In Isaiah 42:1-4 we read that God's chosen servant will one day establish justice throughout the earth and that "the coastlands will wait expectantly for His law" (NASB). If we take this passage to refer to the Messiah, then we could paraphrase it by saying that the Christ, when he comes, will teach God's law to the Gentiles ("the coastlands"). Jeremiah 31:31-34 similarly predicts the coming of a time in which disobedient Israel will receive a new covenant, consisting of a law written on the heart and therefore obeyed (cf. Ezek 36:26-27 ).

Jesus' teaching, although standing in continuity with the law given at Sinai, nevertheless sovereignly fashions a new law. In some instances Jesus sharpens commandments ( Matt 5:17-48 ) and in others considers them obsolete ( Mark 7:17-19 ). On one occasion, having been asked to identify the greatest commandment, Jesus concurs with the Jewish wisdom of his time ( Mark 12:32-33 ) that the greatest commandments are to love God supremely and to love one's neighbor as oneself ( Mark 12:28-31 ). He breaks with tradition, however, by defining the term "neighbor" to mean even the despised Samaritan ( Luke 10:29-37 ).

Paul believed that the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ marked the beginning point of God's new covenant ( 2 Cor 3:1-18 ; Gal 4:21-31 ; cf. Rom 8:2 ). Like Isaiah, he believed that this covenant included the Gentiles ( Gal 3:7-20 ), and like Jeremiah he believed that it offered Israel a remedy for the curse that the old Sinaitic covenant pronounced on Israel's disobedience ( Gal 3:10-13 ).

In light of this, Paul may have understood the teaching of Christ as a new law. If so, then the correspondence between the ethical teaching of Jesus and Paul on many points (e.g., 1 Cor 7:10-11 / Mark 10:2-9 ; 1 Cor 9:14 / Luke 10:7 ; Rom 14:1-23 / Mark 7:18-19 ) is a matter of Paul's intention rather than happy accident. Paul's own admonition to fulfill the law of Christ by bearing one another's burdens provides both a pithy restatement of Jesus' summary of the law and an indication that Jesus' teaching fulfills prophetic expectations.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The topic was “SIN”.
Why are you referencing a Scriptural quote (Matt 6:15) about “TRESPASSES”?

Matt 6:
[15] But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

Because trespassing against another... is committing sin against them, something the Lord says in sinful behavior

paraptoma - G3900
from 3895; a side-slip (lapse or deviation), i.e. (unintentional) error or (wilful) transgression: KJV -- fall, fault, offence, sin, trespass.

parapipto G3895
from 3844 and 4098; to fall aside, i.e. (figuratively) to apostatize: KJV -- fall away.

Matthew 6:15
if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

Colossians 3:13
bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive.

Ephesians 4:32
and be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving each other, even as God also in Christ forgave you.

Matthew 18:23-35
Therefore is the kingdom of heaven likened unto a certain king, which would take account of his servants.
And when he had begun to reckon, one was brought unto him, which owed him ten thousand talents.
But forasmuch as he had not to pay, his lord commanded him to be sold, and his wife, and children, and all that he had, and payment to be made.
The servant therefore fell down, and worshipped him, saying, Lord, have patience with me, and I will pay thee all.
Then the lord of that servant was moved with compassion, and loosed him, and forgave him the debt.

But the same servant went out, and found one of his fellowservants, which owed him an hundred pence: and he laid hands on him, and took him by the throat, saying, Pay me that thou owest.
And his fellowservant fell down at his feet, and besought him, saying, Have patience with me, and I will pay thee all.
And he would not: but went and cast him into prison, till he should pay the debt.
So when his fellowservants saw what was done, they were very sorry, and came and told unto their lord all that was done.
Then his lord, after that he had called him, said unto him, O thou wicked servant, I forgave thee all that debt, because thou desiredst me:

Shouldest not thou also have had compassion on thy fellowservant, even as I had pity on thee?
And his lord was wroth, and delivered him to the tormentors, till he should pay all that was due unto him.
So likewise shall my heavenly Father do also unto you, if ye from your hearts forgive not every one his brother their trespasses.

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can someone explain to me what was so bad this post was. or how this could cause anxiety in someone?
I can imagine why it would cause someone anxiety, but it's a great post. Sometimes the truth can be scary, which is why Paul says that cowards will not enter the kingdom of heaven. It takes courage to accept the truth and walk in the light of truth. Christianity is not a therapeutic philosophy.

I know you know all this. It bears repeating.

Keep up the good work, brother.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can imagine why it would cause someone anxiety, but it's a great post. Sometimes the truth can be scary, which is why Paul says that cowards will not enter the kingdom of heaven. It takes courage to accept the truth and walk in the light of truth. Christianity is not a therapeutic philosophy.

I know you know all this. It bears repeating.

Keep up the good work, brother.
I was just wondering.

The poster sent me an email, and said health was not really good right now, and it was bad for cancer patients for him to be aggravated, so he placed me on ignore. Then shut down the ability to even respond to him and say I was sorry, And I will pray for his cancer.

Makes you wonder, if its that dangerous why are you in a chatroom where not everyone will agree.. maybe you should find a chatroom where everyone Agrees with you and you will not be in danger.(there are many chatrooms from different groups)

I will pray for him anyway

Reactions: CadyandZoe