' 1000 Years. '

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BG, this might be an interest to you concering the 1,000 years. Matthew 27:52 & 53 "And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose, And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many”.
the city is the New Jerusalem, that will be on earth during the 1,000 years reign of our Lord. all the resurrected righteous dead, and as the apostle Paul stated, "we who remain" at his coming, will be changed and enter into the city. for years, this verse seemed out of place until I compared it to Revelation 21:10 & 11 "And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God, Having the glory of God: and her light was like unto a stone most precious, even like a jasper stone, clear as crystal”. here we have the "holy" city coming down. in the book of revelation, a "city" identify the type of people in it, here, it's only the "holy ones" or the "Saints" who dwell or enter into it. these are the people who will be in the city. these are the servants of God's Government identified. supportive scripture, Revelation 22:3 & 24 "And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him: And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads". and these servants are the overcomes mention in Revelation 3:12 "Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name". his name in their foreheads, written.

hope this help, peace in the Lord Jesus the Christ.