' 1000 Years. '

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Revelation did make more sense to me when someone pointed out that from Chapter 1-12, is one look at it, and from 13-21 is a repeat of 1-12 just showing different aspects and views. I helped me a lot with it.
Some say it ( the book of Rev) has already all happened.
Others say that is yet to happen. I personally believe that we are right in the middle of it now. :)

Reactions: pia

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It certainly is a controversial book. Most people view it as a crystal ball that was specifically written for the people living today............ but so did the people living in the year 500, and
so did the people living in the year 700, and
so did the people living in the year 900, and
so did the people living in the year 1500, and
so did the people living in the year 1914, and on and on until 2017.

And, I suspect that will continue for maybe even 10,000 years more.

Me, I believe it was written to those whom it says it was written for, the people who sat in those seven churches back in 63 or 64 AD.

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
those seven churches seem like an apt description of the seven spirits a seeker will have to confront and deal with in their walk, also.
I'm sure it has such an application... and probably many others.... but those were seven real churches that existed at that time, and as far as we know, the "mailman" of that day actually delivered a copy to each church along that circular road, and someone got up and read some of the scroll to the congregations each Sunday.

Reactions: bbyrd009

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I thought some of you might enjoy this little map and explanation of what those cities are called today.

Interactive map of the seven churches in Revelation

Thanks for posting that. ... good map.
My first thought was...that these traveling preachers of today use, and ask for money for their jets...yet ' back then' the " traveling preachers" WALKED the globe...at best had a donkey.
I remember once checking how far poor Jonah had to walk from the coast where the great fish spat him out, to Nineveh!!! He didn't do that in one day!!
We are a soft spoiled lot. Neither do they get the results that they got back then.
Just more money in The coffers!!!

Reactions: pia and amadeus

Copperhead

Jul 3, 2017
iowa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation did make more sense to me when someone pointed out that from Chapter 1-12, is one look at it, and from 13-21 is a repeat of 1-12 just showing different aspects and views. I helped me a lot with it.
Others say that is yet to happen. I personally believe that we are right in the middle of it now. :)

I know I might be showing my age with this comment, but I see Revelation as like an overlay film placed on an overhead projector like we had in school back in the day. One layer at a time, each layer adding more clarity to the overall picture. Like you stated, different aspects from differing reference points.

Reactions: Helen

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks for posting that. ... good map.
My first thought was...that these traveling preachers of today use, and ask for money for their jets...yet ' back then' the " traveling preachers" WALKED the globe...at best had a donkey.
I remember once checking how far poor Jonah had to walk from the coast where the great fish spat him out, to Nineveh!!! He didn't do that in one day!!
We are a soft spoiled lot. Neither do they get the results that they got back then.
Just more money in The coffers!!!
And, if memory serves me correctly, those seven churches were at least 800 miles from Jerusalem. (That is almost a full month of steady walking..... and that's just one-way.)

Last edited:

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's because people don't understand it....including myself. I tried to do some studying on it but I have the attention span of a gnat. I would always get sidetracked.
GINOLJC, to all. addressing the OP. but to Job also. don't give up, it seems like you're an intelligent fellow. just start with your basic beliefs and see if it lines up with the word of God.

as you might know I'm a mid wrath rapture believer myself. with that, I began to set the events of our Lord's second coming or his G3952 παρουσία parousia with the events line up in the word of God. our attention must be based on his parousia, and the resurrection of the dead. and then we can place the 1,000 year reign of peace for us in the city, but outside the city?..... in proper sequence.

maybe this might help you to get started back at looking at this. HIS COMING
1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 "But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.
1 Thessalonians 4:14 "For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.
1 Thessalonians 4:15 "For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.
1 Thessalonians 4:16 "For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
1 Thessalonians 4:17 "Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
1 Thessalonians 4:18 "Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

what did we learn here in these scriptures?
#1. this is the Word of the Lord, so this is True. A. there will be 2 resurrection, the first one is of the Righteous at his coming, (along with the righteous living). and the second resurrection of the wicked is at the end of the 1000 years. How do we know this? Do we have scripture for this? Yes, Revelation 20:5 “The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were completed. This is the first resurrection”. so we know now without a doubt that the dead, was raise before and after the 1000 years. and we know from scripture here that the wicked rose "AFTER" the 1,000 years was completed. the righteous Living ones at that time and day who was change in the twinkling of an eye are involved in the FIRST RESURRECTION before the 1,00 years began. these's are a gimme. the only thing left is to build around, or may I say build before, and after these events according to the word of God, and the rest will fall into place.

hope this help you.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@Job @101G Thanks for the post...I read it, but feel like Job..my brain gets tired. I have come to the place ( that when I was younger I despised in others in saying the very same ) of saying.."I trust God...I do not believe in the Rapture as taught by the mainline church,( I don't believe we are going anywhere) ...not in a sudden catching up of the good, and all the nasty nasty unsaved people crash in the trains, planes and automobiles...phttt!
I do believe in an invisible 'catching up into the Spirit' and being up ,from body dominated into being as Jesus was "full of the Holy Spirit".
Anyway, I "think" that is what I believe...but really ... I am clueless!!
My faith is in God, He has His Plan...and whatever it is , if my heart is fixed as David in the Psalm-
" I have set the Lord always before my face, He is at my right hand, I shall not be moved."
I am not locked down in what I believe ( on some things obviously) but I have faith that if I keep my inner eye fixed on My Beloved , He will guide me safely Home into Harbour.

Be blessed....H

Reactions: pia and Job

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Job @101G Thanks for the post...I read it, but feel like Job..my brain gets tired. I have come to the place ( that when I was younger I despised in others in saying the very same ) of saying.."I trust God...I do not believe in the Rapture as taught by the mainline church,( I don't believe we are going anywhere) ...not in a sudden catching up of the good, and all the nasty nasty unsaved people crash in the trains, planes and automobiles...phttt!
(smile), no, no one is going anywhere like heaven yet, but heaven is come to earth. being raptured is not going to heaven but a LIFTING ABOVE THE FRAY BELOW. just as Noah Ark raised him and his family above the destruction of the wicked by the flood, likewise the Lord JESUS will raise, or the better word LIFT us up above the destruction of the wicked also.
I do believe in an 'catching up into the Spirit' and being up ,from body dominated into being as Jesus was "full of the Holy Spirit".
Now why you answered my response I just gave above. in stead of being invisible, it will be visible. you Go girl.
My faith is in God, He has His Plan...and whatever it is , if my heart is fixed as David in the Psalm-
" I have set the Lord always before my face, He is at my right hand, I shall not be moved."
I am not locked down in what I believe ( on some things obviously) but I have faith that if I keep my inner eye fixed on My Beloved , He will guide me safely Home into Harbour.
True, for we walk by faith and not by sight.

be blessed and stay in the Lord.

Copperhead

Jul 3, 2017
iowa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I think you are pretty close in that idea of repeating. That was my assertion in suggesting that Revelation is like overlays on a overhead projector or powerpoint presentation. I see it more as Revelation 1-11 then a repeat.

Not sure how it could have happened already, as the Temple was destroyed in 70 AD and even those that destroyed it never set up any abomination in it before it was destroyed.

Since the Temple is not standing in Jerusalem, I am not convinced that we are in the middle of the end time event yet.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@Copperhead I admit flip flop about the book of Revelation.
I can't agree with those who say that it has already happened and it's history ( two of our friends believe that) Neither can I say that none of it has happened...so I sit in the middle...it is both! =
Some has happened, ( maybe spiritually and literally ) but much has yet to happen both spiritually and naturally. I feel 'safe' in that. :)

Not that I understand much, still a mystery.

Reactions: pia

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can't agree with those who say that it has already happened and it's history ( two of our friends believe that) Neither can I say that none of it has happened...so I sit in the middle...it is both! =
Some has happened, ( maybe spiritually and literally ) but much has yet to happen both spiritually and naturally. I feel 'safe' in that. :)

BG, I see Revelation chapter 12 as the start and work backward to chapter 4. chapter 1-3 are introduction and warning. 13 forward is to the end. chapter 12 is the key, the birth of the Lord Jesus. chapter 11 the two witness, John the baptist and the Lord Jesus ministries. chapter 10 the spread of the Gospel, send down by the Holy Spirit. chapters 9-6 the tribulation of the world which the church is in. Chapter 5 & 4 is how we got the victory.

be blessed.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Yes, this is the paradoxical truth of God - it is both:

To those who can receive it, it is [all] finished except the thousand year reign (which is to say, "a time." But to those who cannot receive it, it is put off for them until the end. This is the difference between reigning as a king or as a priests. This is grace.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I actually really started looking and studying the book of Revelation when I was sitting in on a Mormon lesson at a LDS institute on the UofO campus. The Mormon teacher was pretty knowledgeable about the text - It was good to see where we disagreed with the interpretation of the txt and it forced me to look at the details.