' 1000 Years. '

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
If Satin was an angel, what constituted being Rebellious against God! was it by a choice, if so then He had a will to do so, along with one third of the other angels. The very first Rebellion, the first to provoke Murder, and the first to promote a Lie!!! I believe that during the Millennial Reign, only the temptation of sin, or lack of temptation, along with everyone being taught the truth, with complete understanding will maintain peace. but after, we read that there will be those that again rebel against God, and therefore we have the final battle, and the end of all Evil.
...which also ends up being a pretty good description of a seeker's individual path, perhaps. Regardless of whether that becomes literally true or not for us collectively, which it very well could in some fashion, the enemy is in the mirror, and the battle is within imo.

Wild Olive

Aug 9, 2017
New Braunfels
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi I'm new here and was checking out this post. This is a theory I have studied and believe it has truth and meaning. Nice to meet all of you.
Screenshot_20170809-130816.png

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Interesting...I wonder why they call from Abraham to Moses a millennium??
It appears to be only about 420 years...so a bit hard to make that into a 'spiritual day' of 1000 years?
I wonder why?
Bless you...H

Wild Olive

Aug 9, 2017
New Braunfels
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Interesting...I wonder why they call from Abraham to Moses a millennium??
It appears to be only about 420 years...so a bit hard to make that into a 'spiritual day' of 1000 years?
I wonder why?
Bless you...H
Interesting observation :) I guess I will look into that thanks for your reply.

Reactions: Helen

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Interesting observation :) I guess I will look into that thanks for your reply.
If I spoke of miles and another spoke kilometers, part of what we refer to would match, but not all. Specifically, the numbers are not completely comparable.

Likewise, when science and the world consider time, they speak in one language, but God and those who are God's, speak in another. The world does not understand the two languages, but we understand: Both languages tell of what is manifest in the world, whether it is good or evil. So then, what is good is of God and true, but what is evil is not true, but the manifestation of a lie. Therefore, if the world sees the manifestation of the lie of the earth being millions of years old, then it is a true manifestation, but a lie all the same. The same is true of a lie that is spoke. If I quote a lie, the words are true, but the lie is not.

By this same measure, what is manifest of God is in God's spiritual language, but confused with every language of the world, even in the scriptures, which occurred at the tower of Babel. Thus, the scriptures are foolishness to the world, and must be discerned spiritually.

The word "millennium" is no different.

KBCid

Dec 22, 2011
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Back to the 1000 yrs - In Genesis, God told Adam that in the day that you eat of the fruit of the tree in the midst of the Garden you shall surly Die, Adam lived to be 930 years! but he did Die in that 1000 year Day.

very very few see that significance. I am impressed that you saw the correlation.

Copperhead

Jul 3, 2017
iowa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Other than the Millennial reign being a reign of peace...I really haven't thought much about it.
Obviously Millennium means 1000 years...so not eternal. ( do people die during it, or live right through it ?)
Who makes it into the Millennial reign ? I know the rest of the dead sleep until the 1000 years are over.
The New heaven and new earth comes after.

I know that making it into the millennium is something to be desired...but really I have heard little teaching about it...it hardly gets a mention.

Anyone?

The fact that it is only 1000 years and not eternal should give anyone the idea that it is not the greatest of times. Perfect conditions in many ways. The Messiah is among us. But many falsely see the millennial reign as the eternal reign that comes later.

I have never really been convinced that the millennial reign is one of "peace". Messiah is ruling with a rod of iron... that implies He is snapping a knot in anyone who gets out of line. Rain will be withheld from those nations who do not come to Jerusalem at the Feast of Tabernacles. Zechariah 14:16-19. Seems like discontent in the kingdom to me. People will die during this time. Isaiah 66:20.

And there is still residual evil in the heart of man. So much so that when Satan is released at the end of the thousand years, he is able to assemble a revolt against the Messiah, and the number who rebel with him is as the sand on the shore. A major rebellion that seeks to overthrow the rule of the Messiah and His saints. Revelation 20:7-10 and Psalms 2. Man is what he his and the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

That being said, those that survive thru the tribulation period go into the Millennial reign and repopulate the earth. Those of the righteous who were gathered before this time of upheaval are the ones who will rule with the Messiah in the Millennial kingdom. those verses above about the conditions there should give one that impression. The righteous that are gathered before the tribulation period reign with a rod of iron with Messiah. Revelation 2:26-27.

Last edited:

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All I am pretty sure of is that it probably isn't an exact 1,000 years, but just a long time. God is said to own the cattle on a thousand hills. So, then, who would own those cows over there on hill # 1,001?

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
All I am pretty sure of is that it probably isn't an exact 1,000 years, but just a long time. God is said to own the cattle on a thousand hills. So, then, who would own those cows over there on hill # 1,001?

Hello there.

Welcome to the forum Willie.

Reactions: Willie T

Copperhead

Jul 3, 2017
iowa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

LOL! Yeah, good point.

Reactions: Willie T

breathofdesire

Sep 12, 2017
Queensland
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Other than the Millennial reign being a reign of peace...I really haven't thought much about it.
Obviously Millennium means 1000 years...so not eternal. ( do people die during it, or live right through it ?)
Who makes it into the Millennial reign ? I know the rest of the dead sleep until the 1000 years are over.
The New heaven and new earth comes after.

I know that making it into the millennium is something to be desired...but really I have heard little teaching about it...it hardly gets a mention.

Anyone?

I had this wacky idea a long while back that revelations was somehow a picture of the believers conquest against sin, satan, the elemental forces of nature.

That it wasn't a revelation of the world, but one of a persons journey into finding faith, love and freedom in Christ. But I don't think that way about revelation now.

I can't remember what my Christian mentor taught me about the millennial reign. But revelations has to be the most difficult book for me to comprehend, in a literal sense.

Copperhead

Jul 3, 2017
iowa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, in an allegorical sense it might have seemed that way. But the first verse of the Revelation says it pretty clear.... it is the Revelation of Jesus Christ which the father gave Him. That is the starting point.

I tend to agree with some others that Revelation is the "Grand Central Station" of prophecy. It points back to just about every other book in scripture. It can be a difficult book when taken by itself, but when compared to previous scripture that talks about the same things, it can illuminate. And studying it requires a lot of cross referencing to the other books in scripture, especially OT books.

Reactions: Willie T and Helen

breathofdesire

Sep 12, 2017
Queensland
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Well, in an allegorical sense it might have seemed that way. But the first verse of the Revelation says it pretty clear.... it is the Revelation of Jesus Christ which the father gave Him. That is the starting point.

I tend to agree with some others that Revelation is the "Grand Central Station" of prophecy. It points back to just about every other book in scripture. It can be a difficult book when taken by itself, but when compared to previous scripture that talks about the same things, it can illuminate. And studying it requires a lot of cross referencing to the other books in scripture, especially OT books.
Is it true the book of Revelations floated around the church for a while before they added it?

Copperhead

Jul 3, 2017
iowa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some of said that about revelations, but how do they know (How do they know)

There are folks who are well versed in Church history and specifically how the cannon was established. We do know that Constantine in 325 AD at the Council of Nicea had something like 50 copies of the NT done up that included all the books we have now. it was done not for establishing the cannon of scripture, but confirmation of what most of Christendom already had established.

As for what went on before that, I have not studied it enough to make a assertion one way or the other.

Last edited:

breathofdesire

Sep 12, 2017
Queensland
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
There are folks who are well versed in Church history and specifically how the cannon was established. We do know that Constantine in 325 AD at the Council of Nicea had something like 50 copies of the NT done up that included all the books we have now. it was done not for establishing the cannon of scripture, but confirmation of what most of Christendom already had established.

As for what went on before that, I have not studied it enough to make a assertion one way or the other.
Me neither.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I had this wacky idea a long while back that revelations was somehow a picture of the believers conquest against sin, satan, the elemental forces of nature.

That it wasn't a revelation of the world, but one of a persons journey into finding faith, love and freedom in Christ. But I don't think that way about revelation now.
ha why not, sounds like a rare and insightful pov to me