1599 Geneva Bible!!!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is noted, you are perturbed, that English speaking people, who recognize and believe in Christ Jesus' resurrection call that day of recognition and remembrance and commeration ... Easter.

Since that bothers you, be botherd. It does not bother me for Jews to set aside particular days to remember God, or Gentiles to set aside particular days to remember Christ the Lord Jesus.

We disagree, and I have no issue with that.

Glory to God,
Taken

And there you go again. Anything to defend the KJV.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And the KJV should be defended at all costs. All the anti-KJV propaganda is essentially baloney.

Rhetoric and propaganda.

Why should it be defended at all cost? It is loaded with errors, is archaic English that many can understand and is not the received text from God.

Is it a Bible? Yes . Did it serve a good purpose in it's time? Has its time passed, the same as Bibles before it came and went? Yes.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Ya think so? I doubt it. Why should that make any difference to people, most of whom who won't read it anyway? It was written in the last months of 2008, by the way. The thing that would rip most people is that it is not just opinion; dates and names are given for almost everything mentioned.
But, here is the ISBN-13number anyway: 978-0061436864.

Thanks, Willie T, I was able to secure a copy here. There were still three copies available.

It is a good read and it does change what we understand of what has happened in the reformation and the hatred of the various theological branches.