1599 Geneva Bible!!!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perhaps your too accepting of error that are clearly demonstrated.

Anyone that denies Easter doesn't belong in the Bible has blinded themselves.

If the word Easter offends you...
That is for you to deal with.

If remembering Christ Jesus' Resurrection offends you...

If remembering Gods Act of Passing over the Household of Jews offends you...

If remembering Feasts days of Jews offends you...

If remembering Ancient people worshiped mythical gods offends you...

If you are unaware;
Jews remember and celebrate Feast days;
Jews remember and celebrate Passover.
Anyone can remember and celebrate mythical gods.
Christians remember Jesus' death and remember and celebrate Jesus' ressurection.

It what individuals "call" those remembered and celebrated times offends you...

If those times, for any of the particular acknowledgments coincide and you do not know the difference and that offends you...

Do not be offended by How people choose to remember and celebrate Christ the Lord Jesus, or what they choose to call that time.
Christ the Lord Jesus looks to a mans spirit in his heart, regardless of what words a man says.

Prov 3:5
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding.

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: Willie T

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

If you are unaware;
Christians remember Jesus' death and remember and celebrate Jesus' ressurection.

If those times, for any of the particular acknowledgments coincide and you do not know the difference and that offends you...

Do not be offended by How people choose to remember and celebrate Christ the Lord Jesus, or what they choose to call that time.
Christ the Lord Jesus looks to a mans spirit in his heart, regardless of what words a man says.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding.

Glory to God,
Taken

You're trying to deflect and distract.

The issue is the accuracy of the KJV.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're trying to deflect and distract.

The issue is the accuracy of the KJV.

No friend, there is no deflection, distraction or defense occuring.

YOU have your own understanding, and favor reading a Book of Scripture that yields and compliments and does not Offend "YOUR" understanding.

I already Understand...
JEWS, have, multiple Sabbath days, multiple Feast days, a Passover day...

Converted Jews, additionally have remembrance of Jesus' Birth, Death, & Resurrection days.

Converted Gentiles DO NOT HAVE Jewish Sabbath day, multiple Feast days, a Passover day.

Converted Gentiles DO HAVE remembrance days of Jesus' Birth, Death & Resurrection, and EVERY Day is a Day to Remember the Lord God, through work and rest.

And ANY other man believe, have, worship, ANY other god they please.

It matters not to me, if A BOOK, says, Ishtar, Pascha, Pask, Easter, in it's TEXT, regarding WHAT "KING HEROD" intentions were...Regarding ANY MAN, Be it Peter, A JEW, or any other man.

You hang heavy on the WORD....and IGNORE, the context....

MANY People were Celebrating in HERODS kingdom....Sabbaths, Feasts, Passover, The Lords Resurrection, Spring....

IF you do not UNDERSTAND WHAT was APPLICABE to WHOM, you have to deal with that.

I have no MISUNDERSTANDING, of Herods intent, of Herod's Soldiers to be increased to duty (to secure peace in the city) DURING the numerous FESTIVITIES, of people who LIVED there, and the MULTITUDES of people ARRIVING THERE FOR the Festivities, then to deal with Peter AFTER ALL the Festivities had subsided, and Herod's own Soldiers availible for duty, WHEN Dealing with Peter, was Herod's intent.

You seem oblivious as to what was Herod's concerns and intent, according to overseeing His own city. He really DID NOT CARE who was Celebrating WHAT, but simply there WAS much activity going on IN HIS CITY!

And He expected a possibility of UNREST, and made his own preparations, at a choosing of his own time....when dealing with Peter.

Nothing whatsoever, CHANGED Peter's INTENT for him going in the City during the Traditional Jewish Passover Remembrance.
Or any other Jew going into the City for that purpose.

Glory to God,
Taken

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No friend, there is no deflection, distraction or defense occuring.

YOU have your own understanding, and favor reading a Book of Scripture that yields and compliments and does not Offend "YOUR" understanding.

I already Understand...
JEWS, have, multiple Sabbath days, multiple Feast days, a Passover day...

Converted Jews, additionally have remembrance of Jesus' Birth, Death, & Resurrection days.

Converted Gentiles DO NOT HAVE Jewish Sabbath day, multiple Feast days, a Passover day.

Converted Gentiles DO HAVE remembrance days of Jesus' Birth, Death & Resurrection, and EVERY Day is a Day to Remember the Lord God, through work and rest.

And ANY other man believe, have, worship, ANY other god they please.

It matters not to me, if A BOOK, says, Ishtar, Pascha, Pask, Easter, in it's TEXT, regarding WHAT "KING HEROD" intentions were...Regarding ANY MAN, Be it Peter, A JEW, or any other man.

You hang heavy on the WORD....and IGNORE, the context....

MANY People were Celebrating in HERODS kingdom....Sabbaths, Feasts, Passover, The Lords Resurrection, Spring....

IF you do not UNDERSTAND WHAT was APPLICABE to WHOM, you have to deal with that.

I have no MISUNDERSTANDING, of Herods intent, of Herod's Soldiers to be increased to duty (to secure peace in the city) DURING the numerous FESTIVITIES, of people who LIVED there, and the MULTITUDES of people ARRIVING THERE FOR the Festivities, then to deal with Peter AFTER ALL the Festivities had subsided, and Herod's own Soldiers availible for duty, WHEN Dealing with Peter, was Herod's intent.

You seem oblivious as to what was Herod's concerns and intent, according to overseeing His own city. He really DID NOT CARE who was Celebrating WHAT, but simply there WAS much activity going on IN HIS CITY!

And He expected a possibility of UNREST, and made his own preparations, at a choosing of his own time....when dealing with Peter.

Nothing whatsoever, CHANGED Peter's INTENT for him going in the City during the Traditional Jewish Passover Remembrance.
Or any other Jew going into the City for that purpose.

Glory to God,
Taken

Here you go again. Easter is a Catholic invention. At the time the verse is talking about neither Easter or Catholicism existed.

So putting it in the Bible as if it is accurate is a deliberate lie.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Ya think so? I doubt it. Why should that make any difference to people, most of whom who won't read it anyway? It was written in the last months of 2008, by the way. The thing that would rip most people is that it is not just opinion; dates and names are given for almost everything mentioned.
But, here is the ISBN-13number anyway: 978-0061436864.
Thanks

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here you go again. Easter is a Catholic invention. At the time the verse is talking about neither Easter or Catholicism existed.

So putting it in the Bible as if it is accurate is a deliberate lie.

The Death and Resurrection of Jesus, is simply a Fact one can Believe or NOT, and call it by whatever they choose, to describe Commerations and Celebrations of their Belief in those facts. And FYI, Jesus had ascended, before Peter was imprisoned, per this discussion.

I don't care WHO invented the word Easter, or Who decided to "attach" that word to Commerating Jesus' Ascension. I know what it means to myself, and millions of other people.

And I also know the times of Easter celebrations, coincide with OTHER significant days, celebrated by Jews and by others who worship other gods, and others who celebrate the ushering in of the spring season.

I know my standing is With the Lord, so does He. Written words did not save me, nor do they confound my Faith and understanding.

Glory to God,
Taken

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I don't care WHO invented the word Easter, or Who decided to "attach" that word to Commerating Jesus' Ascension. I know what it means to myself, and millions of other people.
Making the presence of the word *Easter* in the KJB and issue is simply a tactic of the Enemy to divert attention from the fact that in English this Bible is the sword of the Spirit (as compared to any other Bible), and should continue to be used.

By the 17th century, Easter had no connection to paganism and was actually a Christian festival celebrating the resurrection of Christ. The translators could have simply transliterated Pascha, but they chose Easter. As I have already pointed out (and it has been ignored) Easter was an INTERPRETATION of Pascha (Passover + Unleavened Bread).

Modern versions engage in interpretation through out, but no one criticizes them for this. In fact their interpretations are gladly embraced, and these bibles are deemed *superior* to the KJB.

One good example is how they substitute "the Messiah" for the Greek word "Christos", which is always translated as "Christ" and everyone in the world knows this word. Why would Christians want to say "the Messiah" when Christ is now the Lord Jesus Christ? He came as the Messiah to Israel, and was rejected and crucified. Now He is the Lord Jesus Christ, the Savior of the world, as revealed in the New Testament.

Reactions: Taken

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Making the presence of the word *Easter* in the KJB and issue is simply a tactic of the Enemy to divert attention from the fact that in English this Bible is the sword of the Spirit (as compared to any other Bible), and should continue to be used.

By the 17th century, Easter had no connection to paganism and was actually a Christian festival celebrating the resurrection of Christ. The translators could have simply transliterated Pascha, but they chose Easter. As I have already pointed out (and it has been ignored) Easter was an INTERPRETATION of Pascha (Passover + Unleavened Bread).

Modern versions engage in interpretation through out, but no one criticizes them for this. In fact their interpretations are gladly embraced, and these bibles are deemed *superior* to the KJB.

One good example is how they substitute "the Messiah" for the Greek word "Christos", which is always translated as "Christ" and everyone in the world knows this word. Why would Christians want to say "the Messiah" when Christ is now the Lord Jesus Christ? He came as the Messiah to Israel, and was rejected and crucified. Now He is the Lord Jesus Christ, the Savior of the world, as revealed in the New Testament.
Truth in what you wrote. Our entire language [English] is filled with words which were derived in one way or the other originally from pagan practices and rituals. If we were to get rid of all them immediately our entire language would be changed. Of course our language is changing all of the time, but how soon are we going to eliminate the names of the days of the week which come from the gods rather than from God...

Reactions: Enoch111

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Easter is a Catholic interpretation new are accepting error in the Bible. At the time the Bible is speaking about neither Catholicism or Easter existed.

Christos means anointed or chosen one and it's normal translation is Messiah. He is Messiah to the world, not just Israel.

Passover is about death not resurrection. So you're totally perverting what the Bible's talking about.

There is no such thing as a word for word translation. You could not read a word for word translation. The KJV is interpretation throughout. Don't go trying to say it is a translation only, because the even the manuscripts used did not exist in the first and second century A.D. they were written in the 1500s.

The KJV also says goodwill to men when it was actually written to men of goodwill.

In the KJV distorts Genesis by saying the world was created shapeless avoid, when it actually said it became shapeless and void.

You hear the claim the KJV is from God. They can't prove it, the just claim it.

Mormons and Jehovah witness make the same claims.

I'm not trying to say the KJV is not a Bible. I am saying is not the one true Bible, was not received directly from God and that such as the NIV and the NASB are more accurate.

The KJVO goi intoto hysterics when somebody says.

Even more so since they claim the KJV is most read Bible has been dethroned. The NIV is the most read in the KJV is third and falling.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Truth in what you wrote. Our entire language [English] is filled with words which were derived in one way or the other originally from pagan practices and rituals. If we were to get rid of all them immediately our entire language would be changed. Of course our language is changing all of the time, but how soon are we going to eliminate the names of the days of the week which come from the gods rather than from God...

The point is such as Easter was a doctrinal insertion they cannot even justify with their own manuscripts.

Altering the Bible is far different from claiming that was the way it was originally intended, because it wasn't.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The point is such as Easter was a doctrinal insertion they cannot even justify with their own manuscripts.

Altering the Bible is far different from claiming that was the way it was originally intended, because it wasn't.
Now maybe you will then begin to understand what our friend @bbyrd009 means of when he speaks of Nehushtan?

Last edited:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

If people are unaware What the word Easter represents, and to whom it is represented, not my problem

The context of the text, was not about the "purpose" Peter was in the city, or Peter's words.

The context of the text, was about the crowds being in the city. A great number of people not living in the city had come TO the city.

Anyone with historical (and present day) knowledge, would further know, ANY gathering of a great number people in a city, immediately involves, city officials to post a greater number of "officials" (what ever "they" may be called), to maintain ORDER.

In "that" day, it was Soldiers, in "this" day, it is typically "police titled peace officers".

It was Herod's desire to WAIT until the festivities in the city had passed, and enough "soldiers" could be on hand, should civil unrest arise, because of Herod then expecting to turn his attention to deal with Peter.

There are other scriptures that give notice of an uneasiness and forethought of possible rioting when large crowds of people with differing opinions and beliefs gather. Noted then and well known even today.

It is already known; Passover, Easter, and Spring Celebrations ... are about the same times, and people gather for their own intents.

I guess to appease, the script translator should have gotten a quote from Herod, of what precise festivity he was waiting to be over....LOL

God Bless,
Merry Christmas,
Taken

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

If you are unaware;

Glory to God,
Taken

Creating false arguments doesn't help your case.

What bothers me is changing words in the Bible to what was never there originally.

Also elevating any translation to the status of the one and only true Bible and claim God gave it to us. Simply put, those are lies.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Creating false arguments doesn't help your case.

And what precisely is this "false argument" you are claiming I created?

Please quote my supposed "argument".
And prove it is false.

What bothers me is changing words in the Bible to what was never there originally.

You have made that clear.

And I have made clear, it does not bother me which term was used...it could have said party, festivities, crowds gathering, Passover, easter, spring...
There was ZERO indication that Herod was celebrating anything at all, and it was from Herods perspective that the text was about Herods intention of what he was going to do AFTER the crowds had vacated the city.

Also elevating any translation to the status of the one and only true Bible and claim God gave it to us. Simply put, those are lies.

There was no disagreement Peter was in the city to participate in the Passover Remembrance...and was also imprisoned...

Please share your knowledge, that ALL of the people in the city were there to ONLY celebrate Passover. Perhaps start with Herod....?

Glory to God,
Taken

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

And what precisely is this "false argument" you are claiming I created?

Please quote my supposed "argument".
And prove it is false.

You have made that clear.

And I have made clear, it does not bother me which term was used...it could have said party, festivities, crowds gathering, Passover, easter, spring...
There was ZERO indication that Herod was celebrating anything at all, and it was from Herods perspective that the text was about Herods intention of what he was going to do AFTER the crowds had vacated the city.

There was no disagreement Peter was in the city to participate in the Passover Remembrance...and was also imprisoned...

Please share your knowledge, that ALL of the people in the city were there to ONLY celebrate Passover. Perhaps start with Herod....?

Glory to God,
Taken
False that Easter is biblical. False that it's okay to be in the Bible and false that the KJV is a good translation.

Doesn't matter if it's okay with you, the fact remains it was never in the original.

I never claimed all the people were there to celebrate Passover. The Romans there sure were not.

You don't seem to understand that biblical newbies assume Easter is biblical. So it is misleading them.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
False that Easter is biblical. False that it's okay to be in the Bible and false that the KJV is a good translation.

First of all, I was not making an argument.
I was stating what I believe and MY not having an issue with others preferences.

1) I believe it IS BIBLICAL to Remember Jesus and WHAT He did.

2) I have NO issue with people Remembering Jesus' Resurrection, and setting aside a particular day, that around the World people are calling that particular day....EASTER.

3) I believe Jews absolutely did gather together to celebrate Passover.

4) I believe Converted Gentiles and Jews absolutely did remember and celebrate Jesus' resurrection.

5) I believe people in general celebrated the coming of spring.

6) What anyone in particular, at any given era choose to call such day, is no issue with me.

7) You have your preferred Bible. I have mine.

8) No one is lambblasting you for your preference; inferring you are pushing Lies.

9) Do you think it LIES, when multiple men gave differing accounts of the same events, because they were speaking from their own perspective of what they saw?

10) Do it think it LIES, when scrolls and books were burned by Jews captors, and they REWROTE more texts from memory?

11) Are you confused, that the text saying Easter, was NOT about what ANY Jew was claiming for their purpose to have been in the city?

Doesn't matter if it's okay with you, the fact remains it was never in the original.

The fact is: No one has access to "the" Original "Writings".

The fact is: The Original, is not about "WRITINGS", but rather the Lords SPIRIT Himself, within a persons NEW SPIRIT.

I never claimed all the people were there to celebrate Passover. The Romans there sure were not.

Nor did I claim, the word EASTER, was in any "original" text.

You don't seem to understand that biblical newbies assume Easter is biblical. So it is misleading them.

No, I do not assume to know the extent of what a "newbie" knows.

Scripture gives us knowledge. God gives the diligent Converted student "understanding".

Remember the Lord God, is His desire.
Get all bent out of shape and make accusations against others who Remember the Lord God, as they choose.....ya sure, probably exactly what the Lord had in mind, when His teaching was about men being in one accord IN Faith IN Him...."not".

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: amadeus

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

First of all, I was not making an argument.
I was stating what I believe and MY not having an issue with others preferences.

1) I believe it IS BIBLICAL to Remember Jesus and WHAT He did.

2) I have NO issue with people Remembering Jesus' Resurrection, and setting aside a particular day, that around the World people are calling that particular day....EASTER.

3) I believe Jews absolutely did gather together to celebrate Passover.

4) I believe Converted Gentiles and Jews absolutely did remember and celebrate Jesus' resurrection.

5) I believe people in general celebrated the coming of spring.

6) What anyone in particular, at any given era choose to call such day, is no issue with me.

7) You have your preferred Bible. I have mine.

8) No one is lambblasting you for your preference; inferring you are pushing Lies.

9) Do you think it LIES, when multiple men gave differing accounts of the same events, because they were speaking from their own perspective of what they saw?

10) Do it think it LIES, when scrolls and books were burned by Jews captors, and they REWROTE more texts from memory?

11) Are you confused, that the text saying Easter, was NOT about what ANY Jew was claiming for their purpose to have been in the city?

The fact is: No one has access to "the" Original "Writings".

The fact is: The Original, is not about "WRITINGS", but rather the Lords SPIRIT Himself, within a persons NEW SPIRIT.

Nor did I claim, the word EASTER, was in any "original" text.

No, I do not assume to know the extent of what a "newbie" knows.

Scripture gives us knowledge. God gives the diligent Converted student "understanding".

Remember the Lord God, is His desire.
Get all bent out of shape and make accusations against others who Remember the Lord God, as they choose.....ya sure, probably exactly what the Lord had in mind, when His teaching was about men being in one accord IN Faith IN Him...."not".

Glory to God,
Taken

You keep changing the issue is my problem. I repeat, the issue is altering the Bible in any way on any subject to make it look like it says what it never said.

The apostles never ever made any mention of Easter because it did not exist.

No one has a right to misquote them.

No you did not say Easter was in the original. But you did say you had no problem and see no harm in it been in the KJV, which is claimed to be the true word of God. Therein lies the problem and the issue.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You keep changing the issue is my problem. I repeat, the issue is altering the Bible in any way on any subject to make it look like it says what it never said.

The apostles never ever made any mention of Easter because it did not exist.

No one has a right to misquote them.

No you did not say Easter was in the original. But you did say you had no problem and see no harm in it been in the KJV, which is claimed to be the true word of God. Therein lies the problem and the issue.

It is noted, you are perturbed, that English speaking people, who recognize and believe in Christ Jesus' resurrection call that day of recognition and remembrance and commeration ... Easter.

Since that bothers you, be botherd. It does not bother me for Jews to set aside particular days to remember God, or Gentiles to set aside particular days to remember Christ the Lord Jesus.

We disagree, and I have no issue with that.

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: amadeus