• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's RIGHT. He was NOT God.
(You ASKED for it)
I don't know you Jack, so I won't say it.
Precious friend, of course you realize, because of posts like these, according to the
"Forum Policy Rules" this thread ( posted BEFORE the 'ban' ) will probably be
'locked out' of further discussion, Correct?:

So, Please Stop:

Policy - Topics That Can No-Longer Be Discussed at CyB

These topics have tended to cause heated debate, strife and division between members and/or inappropriate behavior within those discussions, which simply will not be tolerated here at CyB

We are not disputing the fact that these topics are important however, they also tend to bring out the worse in members. To a point where such behavior is unacceptable in a Christian forum

At the moment, we only have issue with one particular topic, which is "The Trinity".

This topic may not be initiated, discussed or debated at Christianity Board, whether it be for or against the Trinitarian view. Included in this is the side mantra of "Jesus is not God"
Such posts/threads will be deleted immediately and disciplinary action will be taken in the form of warning points and/or bans depending on the outcome. Old threads will also be removed from public view as well as new ones.

Thank You

May you be blessed mightily here at Christianity Board
The Christianity Board Moderating Team

Last edited:

Meditation

Aug 8, 2023
Port Orange, Fl
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Precious friend, of course you realize, because of posts like these, according to the
"Forum Policy Rules" this thread ( posted BEFORE the 'ban' ) will probably be
'locked out' of further discussion, Correct?:

So, Please Stop:

Policy - Topics That Can No-Longer Be Discussed at CyB

These topics have tended to cause heated debate, strife and division between members and/or inappropriate behavior within those discussions, which simply will not be tolerated here at CyB

We are not disputing the fact that these topics are important however, they also tend to bring out the worse in members. To a point where such behavior is unacceptable in a Christian forum

At the moment, we only have issue with one particular topic, which is "The Trinity".

This topic may not be initiated, discussed or debated at Christianity Board, whether it be for or against the Trinitarian view. Included in this is the side mantra of "Jesus is not God"
Such posts/threads will be deleted immediately and disciplinary action will be taken in the form of warning points and/or bans depending on the outcome. Old threads will also be removed from public view as well as new ones.

Thank You

May you be blessed mightily here at Christianity Board
The Christianity Board Moderating Team
Thanks for the courteous reply, yet Jesus (which means "Salvation of Jehovah) forbids me from being here.
T'was nice- but rejecting the God and Father of my Lord is not.

Meditation

Aug 8, 2023
Port Orange, Fl
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But Now they are 556 with Reason # 163:
Update: God Has 572 Scriptures with Reason # 164:

Who Is The Jehovah God Who Appeared to Abraham and destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah?

A) "No man has seen God At Any Time..." (John 1:18) Refers To 'God, The Father,' According To:

"Not that any man hath seen The Father, save He Which is of God, He hath seen The Father."​
However:

B} Jehovah God Appeared to Abraham (Genesis 17:26, 18:1), and, The LORD, after talking to
Abraham, went His Way (18:33). This Way must have been Sodom and Gomorrah. Because,
after the two angels Evacuated Lot and his family (19:1-23), we find:

"Then The LORD rained upon Sodom and upon Gomorrah​
brimstone and fire From The LORD out of heaven." (Genesis 19:24)​
Also compare Genesis 15:1, 17:1-3, 17:22, 26:1-2 cf Acts 7:2 and others to
whom "The LORD Appeared": Genesis 48:3; Exodus 4:1; 2 Chronicles 1:7):

1) This 'LORD' [ Jehovah God ] then, Must Be "The SON" because Abraham [ and others ] are
part of the "no [ Not Any ] man that has seen God [ The Father ] At Any Time," Correct?​

Confirmed By:

2) "The LORD [ The SON ]" still on the earth, calling on "The LORD [ The Father }" in heaven, eh?

Amen.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jack

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isaiah 44:6 (NKJV)
6 "Thus says the LORD, the King of Israel, And his Redeemer, the LORD of hosts: 'I am the First and I am the Last; Besides Me there is no God.
Revelation 1:17-18 (NKJV)
17 And when I saw Him, I fell at His feet as dead. But He laid His right hand on me, saying to me, "Do not be afraid; I am the First and the Last. 18 I am He who lives, and was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore.

Jesus is God!

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
112 Jesus Is Named Emmanuel "God With us" Matthew 1:21-23
Update - found this in my daily reading:

"Therefore The Lord Himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall​
conceive, and bear A Son, and shall call His Name Immanuel." (Isaiah 7:14 AV)​
Further Confirming The Lord Jesus Christ Is "God With us".

Rejoice In The Lord always, and again I say rejoice!

Resurrection.png

Amen.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Learner

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Update - found this in my daily reading:

"Therefore The Lord Himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall​
conceive, and bear A Son, and shall call His Name Immanuel." (Isaiah 7:14 AV)​
Further Confirming The Lord Jesus Christ Is "God With us".

Rejoice In The Lord always, and again I say rejoice!

View attachment 43929

Amen.
You know that Immanuel was not Jesus' actual name right? It was kind of like his personal nickname or how he would be as a special human being. It was a sign actually of what kind of person he was born to be, or more exactly that his God would be indwelt in him, in his spirit. E(I)mmanuel means 'God (is) with us.' And he was most certainly, inside his Son. Not that Jesus was God himself.

God's Spirit was indeed present and with his people via his Son.

(Isa 7:10) Yahweh spoke again to Ahaz, saying,
(Isa 7:11) Ask a sign of Yahweh your God; ask it either in the depth, or in the height above.
(Isa 7:12) But Ahaz said, I will not ask, neither will I tempt Yahweh.
(Isa 7:13) He said, Listen now, house of David. Is it not enough for you to try the patience of men, that you will try the patience of My God also?
(Isa 7:14) Therefore the Lord Himself will give you a sign. Behold, the virgin will conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.
(Isa 7:15) He shall eat curds and honey when he knows to refuse the evil, and choose the good.
(Isa 7:16) For before the child knows to refuse the evil, and choose the good, the land whose two kings you abhor shall be forsaken.

In the OT Immanuel was also used for those people where God would be present amongst them, to protect them from harm or their enemies. And to therefore be victorious in battle.

And the Son of God was surely victorious in his battle against the evil one and death itself, for his people.

(Isa 8:5) Yahweh spoke to me yet again, saying,
(Isa 8:6) Because this people have refused the waters of Shiloah that go softly, and rejoice in Rezin and Remaliah’s son;
(Isa 8:7) now therefore, behold, the Lord brings upon them the mighty flood waters of the River Euphrates: the king of Assyria and all his glory. It will come up over all its channels, and go over all its banks.
(Isa 8:8) It will sweep onward into Judah. It will overflow and pass through; it will reach even to the neck; and the stretching out of its wings will fill the breadth of your land, Immanuel.
(Isa 8:9) Make an uproar, you peoples, and be broken in pieces! Listen, all you from far countries: dress for battle, and be shattered! Dress for battle, and be shattered!
(Isa 8:10) Take counsel together, and it will be brought to nothing; speak the word, and it will not stand: for God is with us.(IMMANUEL)

and also here...

(2Ch 13:12) Behold, God is with us at our head, and His priests with the trumpets of alarm to sound an alarm against you. Children of Israel, don’t fight against Yahweh, the God of your fathers; for you shall not prosper.

Jesus was not present at the time of Isaiah or the scripture of the events in Chronicles was he? His eternal God was however, fighting for his people.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You know that Immanuel was not Jesus' actual name right?
I find the trinitarians invoking Immanuel to ‘support’ the man-is-god thesis to be the #1 most absurd and hilarious display of how irrational and untenable the thesis is.

Proof that Wrangler is God is the Messiah’s name will be Immanuel. Huh?

Reactions: APAK

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I find the trinitarians invoking Immanuel to ‘support’ the man-is-god thesis to be the #1 most absurd and hilarious display of how irrational and untenable the thesis is.

Proof that Wrangler is God is the Messiah’s name will be Immanuel. Huh?
Yeah, it is so true then in bringing this point to it logical conclusion, that we too are or can be called Immanuel today; as God is in the Son's Spirit, as we are in the Son's spirit. That's a great point Wrangler, and one that should be too obvious for any converted person to miss, in truth!

God is with every one (E(I)mmanuel) who is in Christ, as Christ is in the Father God. Amen

RedFan

May 15, 2022
New Hampshire
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah, it is so true then in bringing this point to it logical conclusion, that we too are or can be called Immanuel today; as God is in the Son's Spirit, as we are in the Son's spirit. That's a great point Wrangler, and one that should be too obvious for any converted person to miss, in truth!

God is with every one (E(I)mmanuel) who is in Christ, as Christ is in the Father God. Amen
Gotta agree with you on this . . . and I'm a Trinitarian!

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gotta agree with you on this . . . and I'm a Trinitarian!
Wow, you are one of the 1st to show true honesty on these types of important subjects. This is the only way we can know the truth if we truly examine it for what it means without introducing any external bias.

Thank you so much for this response. Not just for me or my satisfaction, for truth's sake as I know it, and you know it, for the Body Christ, those in Christ.

RedFan

May 15, 2022
New Hampshire
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow, you are one of the 1st to show true honesty on these types of important subjects. This is the only way we can know the truth if we truly examine it for what it means without introducing any external bias.

Thank you so much for this response. Not just for me or my satisfaction, for truth's sake as I know it, and you know it, for the Body Christ, those in Christ.
Truth to tell, I find a lot of my fellow Trinitarians' arguments in support of their thesis to be at least mild stretches. This one happens to be a big stretch.

• Love
Reactions: APAK

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mmmh, NO, it is not that simple.

Abiel – God my Father
Abimael – A Father sent from God
Adbeel – Disciplined of God[2]
Arael – Light of God or Vision of God
Ariel, Auriel – Lion of God
Barakiel, Baraquiel – Lightning of God
Barbiel – Illumination of God
Barchiel – Kindness of God or Ray of God
Bardiel – Humiliated Son of God
Bethel – House of God
Betzalel – Shadow/Path of God
Chakel – Wisdom of God
Chamuel – He who Seeks God
Daniel – Judged by God or Judgement of God
God Forever
Eli – a variant on the name of God, or "my God"
Elisha – Salvation of God
Elishama – My God Hears
Elishua – God is my salvation
Eliezer – My God Helps
Elimelech – My God is King
Elizabeth – My God is Oath
Elkanah – God has Possessed, or God has Created
Emmanuel – God is with us
Ezekiel – God will Strengthen
Ezequeel – Strength of God
Gabriel, Gavriel – Man of God, God has shown Himself Mighty, Hero of God or Strong one of God
Gaghiel – Roaring Beast of God
Gamaliel – Reward of God
Hamaliel – Grace of God
Hanael – Glory of God
Immanuel – God with us
Iruel – Fear of God
Ishmael, Ishamael – Heard by God, Named by God, or God Hearkens
Yisrael – Struggles with God or Prince of God
Jekuthiel – God will support
Jezreel – God will sow
Joel – Jah is God
Lee-El, Lee-el, Leeel – For God
Leliel – Jaws of God
Lemuel – Dedicated to God
Mahalalel – The blessed God, The shining light of God, or The glory of God
Malahidael – King of God
Matarael – Premonition of God
Michael – Who is like God? a question
Muriel – Fragrance of God
Nathanael, Nathaniel – Given by God or God has Given or "Gift of God"
Nemuel – Day of God
Othniel – Hour of God
Peniel, Penuel, Phanuel – Face of God
Priel – Fruit of God
Ramiel – Thunder of God
Raphael – God is Healing or Healing one of God
Raziel – Secret of God
Reuel – Friend of God
Sachiel – Price of God or Covering of God
Salatheel – I have asked God
Sahaquiel – Ingenuity of God
Samael – Venom of God
Samiel – Blind God, epithet for Baal or the Demiurge
Samuel – Name/Heard of God
Sariel – Moon of God
Satanael – Adversary of God
Shamshel – Lonely Conqueror of God
Shealtiel – I asked God [for this child]
Suriel – Command of God
Tamiel – Perfection of God
Tarfiel – God Nourishes
Tzaphquiel – Contemplation of God
Uriel – Sun of God or Fire of God
Uzziel Power from God
Verchiel – Shining of God
Za'afiel – Wrath of God
Zadkiel – Righteousness of God
Zagzagel – Splendor of God
Zaphkiel – Knowledge of God
Zeruel – Arm of God
Zophiel – Beauty of God
Theophory in the Bible | Religion Wiki | Fandom
I know of a Spanish baseball player who has the name Jesus. Is he God too?

Status
Not open for further replies.