1st Post

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, indeed, why bother? Probably most have a purpose other than hoping or expecting to be convinced that God is real and should be embraced as their own. However, out of the many we have seen who did not believe in God and did not want to believe in God perhaps some few have taken in something from their encounters with believers that has made a difference sooner or later.

Helen you certainly remember Giuliano/Kerry. [He was a member here for a while.]He was a deep seated atheist and a very intelligent man. He told me that the thing which converted him occurred while reading from the Psalms. I guess he had argued with a whole lot of Christians before that... Then while reading the 15th psalm apparently gathering more ammunition to use against believers, God opened up the words of that psalm to him. He began serving God from that point. We simply never know who will suddenly hear from God and be converted.
What truly occured , Was GOD simply opened the eyes of the blind .
Ponder on that for a moment .
Let us simply speak truth . if one hears amen , if not its on them . God giveth the increase .
I learned this one long ago . When feeling down and sad that so many were not hearing what i was saying .
I was simply reminded . JUST SPEAK TRUTH , YE CANNOT GIVE INCREASE , ONLY HE CAN .
SO simply speak truth and the rest is on them . GOD will add who HE will add .

Reactions: Nancy and amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amadeus , i dont know if you know this or not , but if i had a dime for every time i was called a troll
Well lets just say i would not be broke .
I have more names i have been called and accused of , than almost the english langauge permits . And they AINT GOOD NAMES either .
But who am i , but a flea on a dog . FOR JESUS was called this or that , AND ONLY HE IS PURE AND RIGHTEOUS .
SO i marvel not when for speaking truth, By HIS grace , i am called many names .
One thing i do know , I wont pander to the emotions of men . Folks can come with the saddest story
and yet i will speak truth . Many are , by emotions , breaking down the defense of the church . And i wont heed a one of them .
I have watched gays tell stories about what drove them away from so called christanity
i have heard many who try and play the emotion card . And while i sorrow for them , I Shall follow the biblical pattern .
Be grave , be compassionate , JUST SPEAK as the SPIRIT BIDS .
People who have been at least nominal Christians have convinced themselves why they either do not need God or do not even believe that He exists.

When I was a practicing Catholic I really believed in God even though I did not know much really about Him. When I moved away from formal Catholicism... then for about 14 years [age 18 to age 32] I remained nominally Catholic, but really nothing. I rationalized to myself why I could live a 'good' life in this flesh without God. It was a lie to myself, but that is where I was and what I did. God eventually showed me the error of my ways. He showed me the foolishness of my rationalizations to myself.

For many the easy thing to point out is the very many bearing the label of Christian who do not resemble at all the Christ/Messiah which Jesus was and is. No resemblance and they were not even on the road to becoming like him. Rather they effectively too often just get into the following words of Solomon taken out of context:

"Then I commended mirth, because a man hath no better thing under the sun, than to eat, and to drink, and to be merry:..." Ecc 8:18

Solomon may have missed God's way in spite of all of his wisdom, but God inspired the man to write down the truth when he ended that same book with these words:

"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.
For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil." Ecc 12:13-14

We can try to hide behind our own arguments and rationalizations, but God sees and judges even all of our secrets...!

Last edited:

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People who have been at least nominal Christians have convinced themselves why they either do not need God or do not even believe that He exists.

When I was a practicing Catholic I really believed in God even though I did not much really about Him. When I moved away from formal Catholicism... then for about 14 years [age 18 to age 32] I remained nominally Catholic, but really nothing. I rationalized to myself why I could live a 'good' life in this flesh without God. It was a lie to myself, but that is where I was and what I did. God eventually showed me the error of my ways. He showed me the foolishness of my rationalizations to myself.

For many the easy thing is to point out is the very many bearing the label of Christian who do not resemble at all the Christ/Messiah which Jesus was and is. No resemblance and they were not on the road to becoming like him. Rather they effectively too often just get into the following words of Solomon taken out of context:

"Then I commended mirth, because a man hath no better thing under the sun, than to eat, and to drink, and to be merry:..." Ecc 8:18

Solomon may have missed God's the way in spite of all of his wisdom, but God inspired to write down the truth when he ended that same book with these words:

"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.
For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil." Ecc 12:13-14

We can try to hide behind our own arguments and rationalizations, but God sees and judges even all of our secrets...!
Often folks misunderstand the book of ecc .

Reactions: Nancy and amadeus

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, indeed, why bother? Probably most have a purpose other than hoping or expecting to be convinced that God is real and should be embraced as their own. However, out of the many we have seen who did not believe in God and did not want to believe in God perhaps some few have taken in something from their encounters with believers that has made a difference sooner or later.

Helen you certainly remember Giuliano/Kerry. [He was a member here for a while.]He was a deep seated atheist and a very intelligent man. He told me that the thing which converted him occurred while reading from the Psalms. I guess he had argued with a whole lot of Christians before that... Then while reading the 15th psalm apparently gathering more ammunition to use against believers, God opened up the words of that psalm to him. He began serving God from that point. We simply never know who will suddenly hear from God and be converted.

Yes, have not seen Giuliano in a loooong time. I hope he is alright.
God knows who is sincere and who is not and, His timing is PERFECT, ALL the time. Amazes me no end.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, have not seen Giuliano in a loooong time. I hope he is alright.
God knows who is sincere and who is not and, His timing is PERFECT, ALL the time. Amazes me no end.
He is still active in his own forum. I don't go there often or anywhere else anymore. I always had great respect for Giuliano. I wish he were still here, but God knows what He is doing all of the time.

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He is still active in his own forum. I don't go there often or anywhere else anymore. I always had great respect for Giuliano. I wish he were still here, but God knows what He is doing all of the time.

Oh I knew you and he and Helen go way back, did NOT know he had his own site, unless he bought the one from Helen's brother? I remember liking him, hope he is well.

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh I knew you and he and Helen go way back, did NOT know he had his own site, unless he bought the one from Helen's brother? I remember liking him, hope he is well.
No, the one belonging to Helen's brother is still intact, although very dead lately. Giuliano's still has regular activity but by a very small number of members. Too much sports and politics for me to stick around long.

Reactions: amigo de christo