1st problem with O.S.A.S.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I should be more with the people ones loves to be their for them, more so I feel. Is that a Sin, well some what lacking of regard towards they who one loves ? Just like a Priest who is their for his flock. as to regard or some what a lesser regard ?
A true person of God has regards for all and a duty.
To abandon one would be a Sin and to have lack of regards could add up to a Sin on ones part. something could happen and then you think oh I was not their for them and then one could feels guilty of lack of regard.

If a good friend is on their last legs say ? and afterwards when they have died, one thinks could you of done anything better than you have done, did I make a mistake ? all such goes through your head.
A mates mum hung herself ? what could I of done, I should of been better prepared for such a thing and best take note of such warning signs better in the future, because I demand it of myself to be on alert for any such things that people may be dealing with. they may have no one to turn to truly and not to mention many people will not be open to express such things.

Yes I do Sin and I am aware of such, because it's on my radar !
Now I am not under the power of Sin in regards to this world, because I am not of it ? yet I am in this septic tank of mans works but I do not belong of it. As I am of the Kingdom of God. Satan has not power over me like he does with this world of delusions and deceptions. I can see through that !
Sin is some what likened to faith, faith can grow and Sin can grow. so that means if such can grow then their is little Sins and big Sins ? and just like one who keeps a eye on the Cents, then the dollars will look after themselves ? So we have regards to the small things first of and they will not fester out of control.
There are key points that one has to take charge of your ship ? so everything is ship shape and in order. your the Captain ! the lights are on and you are at home.
The other position is the lights may be on but no one is at home ? a derelict ! one in a drunken stupa or on drugs or just a yobbo. yet why are they in such a state, well because they lack God ! it's this world that creates people who have no regards to God.

Disagree.
Sin is against God and only forgiven by God.
Trespasses are men against men and forgiven by men.

You called it a SIN to not visit your mother.
That somehow translated into your lack of love and thus a sin.

I disagree.
I highly doubt you did not visit your mother because you stopped loving your mother.

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Disagree.
Sin is against God and only forgiven by God.
Trespasses are men against men and forgiven by men.

You called it a SIN to not visit your mother.
That somehow translated into your lack of love and thus a sin.

I disagree.
I highly doubt you did not visit your mother because you stopped loving your mother.
No ! I did not call it a Sin not to visit, I am not allowed too really in the old peoples home as their are rules and regulations etc etc and next door unit has Covid in fact. But my mum wants me to see her. and I did ! It has to do with me and what I feel is right. it's like I feel I should go and see my mum but then again it becomes more complicated than that.
Before I had a go at the management, as to that I wanted to see my mum, but I had not got the Nazi Covid Jab so I was banned ! by the Nazi Laws but they the management did not try and kick me out.
It is a Sin for others to not let me see my mum and it's a Sin for me not to see her. you may call such trespasses.

atpollard

Jun 30, 2019
Port Richey, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
works alone? no!
Faith alone? no!
Ephesians 2:1-10 disagree with you.
Salvation grows from the root of faith and yields the fruit of good works … with God 100% in charge from first to last.
We just supply the “dead”.

As my Lutheran friend is fond of saying … “I am saved by works, but it is not MY works that saved me, it is the works of Jesus Christ”.

atpollard

Jun 30, 2019
Port Richey, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When OSAS folks say "saved," they mean "guaranteed salvation," don't they?
What did Jesus mean when He said “This is the will of him who sent me: that I should lose none of those he has given me but should raise them up on the last day.” … Did Jesus mean “guaranteed”?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No ! I did not call it a Sin not to visit, I am not allowed too really in the old peoples home as their are rules and regulations etc etc and next door unit has Covid in fact. But my mum wants me to see her. and I did ! It has to do with me and what I feel is right. it's like I feel I should go and see my mum but then again it becomes more complicated than that.
Before I had a go at the management, as to that I wanted to see my mum, but I had not got the Nazi Covid Jab so I was banned ! by the Nazi Laws but they the management did not try and kick me out.
It is a Sin for others to not let me see my mum and it's a Sin for me not to see her. you may call such trespasses.

Ohhh, gotcha. Very sad sons being kept from their mom... and wicked.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So salvation by “faith alone” is completely false and impossible!
It is not salvation by faith alone. It is salvation by the grace of God alone by faith alone in Christ alone. Plus nothing. (Ephesians 2:8-10).

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is not salvation by faith alone. It is salvation by the grace of God alone by faith alone in Christ alone. Plus nothing. (Ephesians 2:8-10).

The Apostle Peter and Paul would disagree with you.

“…giving all diligence, add to your faith…” (2 Peter 1:5)

Why?

“…for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall” (2 Peter 1:10)

Because if you fall:

“…it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come, If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.” (Hebrews 6:4-6)

Heaven will not be filled with those who put Christ to an open shame.

Last edited:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Apostle Peter and Paul would disagree with you.

No.

“…giving all diligence, add to your faith…” (2 Peter 1:5)

Why?

“…for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall” (2 Peter 1:10)

Because if you fall:

“…it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come, If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.” (Hebrews 6:4-6)

Heaven will not be filled with those who put Christ to an open shame.

Peter and Paul are speaking of increasing the measure of ones faith.

Yet Jesus said the measure of Faith the size comparable to a mustard seed is enough to Save a person.

People die at different ages with different Amounts of Faith.
Little Faith, a Large Amount of ... Die young, Die old, IN Faith, the person will be Saved.

The KEY is dying IN Faith, required to BECOME Saved.

Hebrews 6: 4-6 is about a person Hearing, Receiving Faith, BELIEVING, Enjoying the Benefits of Gods Blessings....THEN falling from Faith....
(And the reasons are Many...temptations, wicked influences, akin to todays commercials, cartoons, public school teaching, internet, corrupt gov’t’s, ungodly parents, drugs, etc.)
That person’s FAITH is discarded and his Salvation forfeited.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you claim that you are sinless, then why the need for daily confessions for missing the mark as written in Scriptures?
Are we talking TO each other or PAST each other?
J.

Being FREED from SIN, is not “SINLESS”!
Being FORGIVEN SIN, is not “SINLESS”!
Sinning NO MORE, is not “SINLESS!

God FORGIVES the COMMISSION of SIN, Against God.
ONCE God FORGIVES the man;
* That man Becomes CHANGED, by the WORKS of Gods POWER.
* That man CAN NEVER AGAIN COMMIT SIN AGAINST GOD.
* That man CAN SIN “NO MORE”.

1 John 3:
[9] Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

WHO can UNDO, the Works of Gods Power?

* MEN FALSELY like to TEACH, “they can CONTINUE TO SIN AGAINST MEN”.

* Men do not SIN Against Men...UNLESS there IS A LAW, that CALLS A MAN AGAINST A MAN......A SIN.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OP ^

The ONLY problem with OSAS, is a mans LACK of understanding.

Salvation is a GIFT FROM God, GIVEN TO “A” man,
After A “Relationship”, (according To Gods WAY,) has been ESTABLISHED, Between God and that “ONE” man.

DO you HEAR?

An Established Relationship between ONE man and ONE Lord God Almighty, is not dependent on Other Men, nor affect Other Men.

Men falsely teach, Gods Gift of Salvation is Dependent upon relationships “between men”...

Men falsely claim, This guy, That guy, can NOT BE SAVED, BECAUSE they “treated them crappy”.

Grow UP...mature...Become Wise...
A mans Converted Relationship WITH and IN CHRIST JESUS; “is LIMITED Concerning YOU, that my requirement CONCERNING YOU...IS ONLY about Loving YOU”;

YOU...whom I do not have to AGREE with.
YOU....whom I do not have to LIKE.
YOU....whom I do not have to KNOW.
YOU.....whom I do not have to ACKNOWLEDGE.
YOU....whom MIGHT or MIGHT not be SAVED.
YOU....whom MIGHT be Offended by Gods Word.
YOU....whom MIGHT follow man-made Doctrines.
YOU....whom MIGHT or MIGHT not BE my ENEMY.
YOU....whom MIGHT try to put your lies in my MOUTH.

Reactions: atpollard

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
OP ^

The ONLY problem with OSAS, is a mans LACK of understanding.

Salvation is a GIFT FROM God, GIVEN TO “A” man,
After A “Relationship”, (according To Gods WAY,) has been ESTABLISHED, Between God and that “ONE” man.

DO you HEAR?

An Established Relationship between ONE man and ONE Lord God Almighty, is not dependent on Other Men, nor affect Other Men.

Men falsely teach, Gods Gift of Salvation is Dependent upon relationships “between men”...

Men falsely claim, This guy, That guy, can NOT BE SAVED, BECAUSE they “treated them crappy”.

Grow UP...mature...Become Wise...
A mans Converted Relationship WITH and IN CHRIST JESUS; “is LIMITED Concerning YOU, that my requirement CONCERNING YOU...IS ONLY about Loving YOU”;

YOU...whom I do not have to AGREE with.
YOU....whom I do not have to LIKE.
YOU....whom I do not have to KNOW.
YOU.....whom I do not have to ACKNOWLEDGE.
YOU....whom MIGHT or MIGHT not be SAVED.
YOU....whom MIGHT be Offended by Gods Word.
YOU....whom MIGHT follow man-made Doctrines.
YOU....whom MIGHT or MIGHT not BE my ENEMY.
YOU....whom MIGHT try to put your lies in my MOUTH.

Heck, this is well said
J.

Reactions: Taken

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Being FREED from SIN, is not “SINLESS”!
Being FORGIVEN SIN, is not “SINLESS”!
Sinning NO MORE, is not “SINLESS!

God FORGIVES the COMMISSION of SIN, Against God.
ONCE God FORGIVES the man;
* That man Becomes CHANGED, by the WORKS of Gods POWER.
* That man CAN NEVER AGAIN COMMIT SIN AGAINST GOD.
* That man CAN SIN “NO MORE”.

1 John 3:
[9] Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

WHO can UNDO, the Works of Gods Power?

* MEN FALSELY like to TEACH, “they can CONTINUE TO SIN AGAINST MEN”.

* Men do not SIN Against Men...UNLESS there IS A LAW, that CALLS A MAN AGAINST A MAN......A SIN.
Your posts could be more powerful if you quote scriptures after each statement Taken.
Just a suggestion
J.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
No.

Peter and Paul are speaking of increasing the measure of ones faith.

Yet Jesus said the measure of Faith the size comparable to a mustard seed is enough to Save a person.

People die at different ages with different Amounts of Faith.
Little Faith, a Large Amount of ... Die young, Die old, IN Faith, the person will be Saved.

The KEY is dying IN Faith, required to BECOME Saved.

Hebrews 6: 4-6 is about a person Hearing, Receiving Faith, BELIEVING, Enjoying the Benefits of Gods Blessings....THEN falling from Faith....
(And the reasons are Many...temptations, wicked influences, akin to todays commercials, cartoons, public school teaching, internet, corrupt gov’t’s, ungodly parents, drugs, etc.)
That person’s FAITH is discarded and his Salvation forfeited.

...and even demons believe yet they tremble
J.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, that’s what YOU are speaking of. In direct contradiction of scripture!

That’s funny.
You quote Peter saying ADD to your faith.
I say INCREASE...

And you say that is a contradiction. :rolleyes:

You are well trained in completely ignoring scripture.

I am trained IN workmanship, to Gods approval, of rightly Dividing the Word of Truth.

You call it “ignoring scripture”. God calls it “Rightly Applying Scripture”.

Your “failure” is ATTEMPTING to APPLY Scriptures to OTHERS, “THAT DO NOT APPLY”.

Warnings ABOUT “falling from FAITH”, DO NOT APPLY, to “MEN CONVERTED IN CHIRST!”

@Enoch111 expressly said Post # 126.....”IN CHRIST”...

And your response was:
* A false negative accusation Against Enoch.
* And a Scriptural reference that HAD NOTHING to do with “MEN IN CHRIST”.

2 TIm 2:
[15] Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am trained IN workmanship, to Gods approval, of rightly Dividing the Word of Truth.

Oh brother…

A Dispensationalist…

Man, please cleanse yourself of that theological perverted garbage that turns the Bible into a comic book!

You aren’t a child anymore! Put away the desire of flashy illustrations and gimmicks and READ the words of God!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your posts could be more powerful if you quote scriptures after each statement Taken.
Just a suggestion
J.

Used to use MY TIME to verify Scripture FOR OTHERS.

He who IS searching the TRUTH in Scriptures WILL search the Scriptures.
He who IS pushing another Doctrine OUTSIDE of Scriptures HAS NO interest in the TRUTH IN Scriptures.

You are fairly new to this forum.
As you read more and more from particular posters, you will see what they say, AND see what is their SOURCE, and decide for yourself their manner and pattern.

Reactions: Johann

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Used to use MY TIME to verify Scripture FOR OTHERS.

He who IS searching the TRUTH in Scriptures WILL search the Scriptures.
He who IS pushing another Doctrine OUTSIDE of Scriptures HAS NO interest in the TRUTH IN Scriptures.

You are fairly new to this forum.
As you read more and more from particular posters, you will see what they say, AND see what is their SOURCE, and decide for yourself their manner and pattern.
Correct there, I am fairly new to this forum.
Like I said, it was merely a suggestion.
J.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Oh brother…

A Dispensationalist…

LOL... upchucking a A NAME TAG is your WAY of qualifying YOURSELF to BE IGNORANT of Dividing Gods Word of TRUTH... LOL

Man, please cleanse yourself of that theological perverted garbage that turns the Bible into a comic book!

Cleanse myself OF A NAME TAG....YOU PUKED OUT?
Grow a brain...The garbage that falls out of YOUR MOUTH, is accounted to YOU...not me!

You aren’t a child anymore! Put away the desire of flashy illustrations and gimmicks and READ the words of God!

I quoted Scripture itself. IF YOU believe RIGHTLY DIVIDING THE WORD OF GODS TRUTH is a Gimmick you compare to a Comic Book...
THAT’S YOUR Thoughts, THAT’S YOUR Words, THAT’S Accounted TO YOU!

I heard YOU, YOUR thoughts, YOUR words....SO DID GOD!
All accounted to YOU!

@Johann -
Here is an example of a poster Who begins a response with A personally directed False accusation....then goes on to TELL “his own thoughts”, “his own words” and desperately try’s to convince ANY Reader of his post... THAT he IS posting an others BELIEFS, THOUGHTS, WORDS.

THAT ^ is the underhandedness that occurs.
This forum HAS a “quote” feature, whereby ANYONE can plainly see and read exactly what an individual DOES SAY FOR HIMSELF.

NOT one thing DID @Michiah-Imla SAY, is anything that I have said for myself.

GASLIGHTER!