1st problem with O.S.A.S.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
The English is what the Greek says.

But you (untrained in Translation skills) seek the Greek to change what the English says.

Briliant!
Gal 5:14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
Gal 5:15 But if ye bite and devour one another, take heed that ye be not consumed one of another.
J.

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have a problem with the STATE of the unregenerate habitually sinning and the STATE of the Christian occasionally sinning.

You have the problem with the state of man when Christ takes away his sin.

You say Christ doesn’t take them away because you still sin “occasionally” (whatever that means).

What if I sinned a grievous sin against you but it just happened to be one of those “occasional” sins; would that lessen the harm I did against you? Would you be okay with it because it was an”occasional” sin not an habitual one?

Last edited:

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa

You say Christ doesn’t take them away because you still sin “occasionally” (whatever that means).

What if I sinned a grievous sin against you but it just happened to one of those “occasional” sins; would that lessen the harm I did against you? Would you be okay with it because it was an”occasional” sin not an habitual one?
If you claim that you are sinless, then why the need for daily confessions for missing the mark as written in Scriptures?
Are we talking TO each other or PAST each other?
J.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you claim that you are sinless, then why the need for daily confessions

You go and confess and waste your time.

God is not mocked.

“Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.” (Galatians 6:7)

“For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins” (Hebrews 10:26)

Get that?

NO MORE SACRIFICE FOR SINS!

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa

God is not mocked.

“Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.” (Galatians 6:7)

“For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins” (Hebrews 10:26)

Get that?

NO MORE SACRIFICE FOR SINS!

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Not even Paul claimed what you are proposing, sinless perfection and since we are to confess our sins, is that a waste of my time?

Jas_5:16 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

1Jn_1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Are you calling the holy scriptures a lie?

What is the difference between repentance and confession?
J.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
In what “context” does NO MORE SACRIFICE FOR WILFULL SINS fit?

Please explain…
You are resorting to circular reasoning, why the need to confess our sins, daily sins, according to scripture?

Jas_5:16 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

1Jn_1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

If we confess (ean homologōmen). Third-class condition again with ean and present active subjunctive of homologeō, “if we keep on confessing.”

Confession of sin to God and to one another (Jas_5:16) is urged throughout the N.T. from John the Baptist (Mar_1:5) on.

Faithful (pistos). Jesus made confession of sin necessary to forgiveness. It is God’s promise and he is “righteous” (dikaios).
To forgive (hina aphēi). Sub-final clause with hina and second aorist active subjunctive of aphiēmi.
And to cleanse (kai hagiasēi). So again with hina and the first aorist active subjunctive of katharizō (1Jn_1:7).
Robertson

You claim that making confession is a waste of my time?

1Jn 1:9 If we make vidduy (confession of sin) of chattoteinu (our sins), he is ne'eman (faithful) and tzaddik to grant selicha (forgiveness) of chattoteinu (our sins) and give us tohorah (purification, cleansing) from kol avon. [DEVARIM 32:4; TEHILLIM 32:5; 51:2; MISHLE 28:13; MICHOH 7:18-20]
OJB.

Since you don't deem it necessary to confess your faults and sin/s and I do, why is it a waste of my time?

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
why the need to confess our sins, daily sins, according to scripture?

“Daily” according to what scripture?

“If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” (1 John 1:9)

This is not a “daily” ritual. You do not see the word “daily” do you? Do not add to scripture. It’s forbidden!

Your next step in the faith after confessing is this:

“Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.” (1 John 3:9-10)

Move on to perfection and free yourself from men’s false doctrines and long-winded speeches.

“I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you.” (Philippians 3:14-15)

God is revealing something to you now.

Ignore it at your pleasure if you wish!

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
“Daily” according to what scripture?

“If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” (1 John 1:9)

This is not a “daily” ritual. You do not see the word “daily” do you? Do not add to scripture. It’s forbidden!

Your next step in the faith after confessing is this:

“Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.” (1 John 3:9-10)

Move on to perfection and free yourself from men’s false doctrines and long-winded speeches.

“I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you.” (Philippians 3:14-15)

God is revealing something to you now.

Ignore it at your pleasure if you wish!
If we confess (ean homologōmen). Third-class condition again with ean and present active subjunctive of homologeō, “if we keep on confessing.” ...DAILY...Confession of sin to God and to one another (Jas_5:16) is urged throughout the N.T. from John the Baptist (Mar_1:5) on.
Are you perfect and holy right now in your own esteem?
We are clothed with the righteousness of Christ Jesus, yes, do Christians still commit acts of sin, yes.

You don't agree?
J.

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The English is what the Greek says.

But you (untrained in Translation skills) seek the Greek to change what the English says.

Briliant!
Keep believing this my friend. It just proves you have no understanding of the greek vs english language.

One does not have to be TRAINED to see obvious differences..

But one can remain IGNORANT, while judging others of being in error. And remain in ignorance (usually out of fear)

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

What if I sinned a grievous sin against you but it just happened to be one of those “occasional” sins; would that lessen the harm I did against you? Would you be okay with it because it was an”occasional” sin not an habitual one?
Christ took the penalty of sin away.

That is why we are said to be JUSTIFIED.

While he took the power of sin away. He did not remove the ability.

If he removed the ability. Once again, James telling us to confess our sins to one another. And john telling us to confess (state) them to God. Would be meaningless and quite problematic on their part (they did not get the sinless perfection memo)

You have us glorified on earth. Let us grow in christ and get to haven before you have us experientially perfected.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You’re not saved!

Matt 24:13 endures to the end.

Mark 13:13
And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

Rev 2:26 And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:

Heb 3:14 For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;

Heb 6:11 And we desire that every one of you do shew the same diligence to the full assurance of hope unto the end:

1. Romans 11:22 – God’s kindness, if you continue in His kindness

2. Colossians 1:21-23 – holy and blameless, if you continue in the faith"

3. The race of faith: the example of Paul

4. Hebrews 12:22-25: "we shall not escape if we turn away from Him"

5. Hebrews 4:1-3, 9-12: "strive to enter the rest of God"

6.Hebrews 6:4-9 – those who became partakers of the holy spirit and fell away

7. Hebrews 10:23-29, 35-39: "if we sin willfully", "if anyone draws back".

8. Matthew 24:13: He that endures to the end, the same shall be saved

9. Hebrews 3:4-6: Holding fast our confidence firm until the end

10. Matthew 24:13: "But the one who endures to the end will be saved"

11. 1 John 2:24-25 – "if what you heard from the beginning abides in you"

12. 2 John 8-9 : to "everyone who goes on ahead and does not abide in the teaching of Christ

13. 2 Peter 1:5-11 : "Make every effort to supplement your faith"

14. Philippians 2:12-16: "work out your salvation with fear and trembling"

15. 1 Timothy 6:10-16: the love of money

16. Galatians 5:2-4 "Severed from Christ"

17. 2 Timothy 2:11-13: "if we deny him, he will also deny us"

18. James 5:19-20: the wandered brother

19. Some will abandon the faith

20. 1 Timothy 5:8: "he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever"

22. The real family of Jesus: "Those who hear the Word of God and do it"

23. 1 Corinthians 5:5: "so that his spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord"

24. Peter 2: "It would have been better for them never to have known the way of righteousness"

25. Jude: "Turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness" - a much relevant warning

26. 1 Cor. 9:27 ....Lest I myself might become a castaway

Romans 1:5
By whom we have received grace and apostleship, for obedience to the faith among all nations, for his name:
(Must remain obedient)

Romans 13:11
And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.

So salvation by “faith alone” is completely false and impossible!

Charity

Deut. 6:5
5 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.

6 And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart:

1 Corinthians 16:22
If any man love not the Lord Jesus Christ, let him be Anathema.

Matthew 5:16
Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

John 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

John 8:42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.

John 14:28
Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.

1 cor 13:2 all faith without charity avails nothing.

1 cor 13:12 now abide faith, hope, and charity, and the greatest of these is charity.

If salvation was by “faith alone” then faith would be the greatest!!!

If we are saved by faith alone then when we first believed we would be saved?

Romans 13:11
…our salvation nearer than when we believed.
I think people don't always understand what it is they are saved from.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, he took SIN away.

What the Lord takes away let not man bring back!
No

He took the penalty of sin away

Justification is a legal term, It means to be found righteous, or innocent of the crime you are charged with. Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law. The penalty of sin was death. God took that and nailed it to the cross.

You still have the ability to chose to trust self over God. You still have the ability to serve self vs serving others. You still have the ability to be tempted and fall to temptation because you are self focused.

God did not take the flesh (our sin nature) away, Paul said in romans 7 he fights with it daily. Any person I have ever met who is a believer fights this fight. It is those who think they do not fight this fight I am worried about. Because in all my years of following God. It is these people who end up in the end crashing and burning. Because they were unable to be taught by God. To grow in christ. And overcome their own sin issues, which they denied they had. Because admitting they had areas of sin would be to admit their view of sinless perfection was in error.

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He took the penalty of sin away

Unscriptural nonsense!

“The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.” (John 1:29)

You insert words into the scriptures too I see…

The penalty is still there for those who would continue in sin.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Unscriptural nonsense!

“The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.” (John 1:29)

You insert words into the scriptures too I see…

The penalty is still there for those who would continue in sin.
Dude, You ave multiplied times failed to respond to what the term justified means.

You have failed to respond to where Jesus took the curse of the law in our place.

You have failed to respond to John telling us to confess our sins to God. And James telling us to confess our sins to one another.

I am done with the nonsense. You want to try to control every conversation you are in. And refuse to respond to the very things which refute your case.

Well it stops here.

I am DONE!

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I do not Sin and I am telling the Truth.

How is that a sin?
I should be more with the people ones loves to be their for them, more so I feel. Is that a Sin, well some what lacking of regard towards they who one loves ? Just like a Priest who is their for his flock. as to regard or some what a lesser regard ?
A true person of God has regards for all and a duty.
To abandon one would be a Sin and to have lack of regards could add up to a Sin on ones part. something could happen and then you think oh I was not their for them and then one could feels guilty of lack of regard.

If a good friend is on their last legs say ? and afterwards when they have died, one thinks could you of done anything better than you have done, did I make a mistake ? all such goes through your head.
A mates mum hung herself ? what could I of done, I should of been better prepared for such a thing and best take note of such warning signs better in the future, because I demand it of myself to be on alert for any such things that people may be dealing with. they may have no one to turn to truly and not to mention many people will not be open to express such things.

Yes I do Sin and I am aware of such, because it's on my radar !
Now I am not under the power of Sin in regards to this world, because I am not of it ? yet I am in this septic tank of mans works but I do not belong of it. As I am of the Kingdom of God. Satan has not power over me like he does with this world of delusions and deceptions. I can see through that !
Sin is some what likened to faith, faith can grow and Sin can grow. so that means if such can grow then their is little Sins and big Sins ? and just like one who keeps a eye on the Cents, then the dollars will look after themselves ? So we have regards to the small things first of and they will not fester out of control.
There are key points that one has to take charge of your ship ? so everything is ship shape and in order. your the Captain ! the lights are on and you are at home.
The other position is the lights may be on but no one is at home ? a derelict ! one in a drunken stupa or on drugs or just a yobbo. yet why are they in such a state, well because they lack God ! it's this world that creates people who have no regards to God.