1st problem with O.S.A.S.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They can't answer my brother because they are strict KJV-Onlyists and I concur with you on the "alleged conversions" since we are dealing with many denominations, Inter-denominations, Ultra Orthodox, not so ultra orthodox, cults and so forth, calling a spade a spade.
You are doing a sterling work for the cause of Christ Jesus here.
Last time I checked, there are over 6,000 denominations and this include Non-Denominations.
Wonder where is the ekklesia of Christ?
You and I are both witnesses as to the various answers to various topics.
J.
Thats interesting. I ave known many sinless perfectionist in my lifetime. I will have to wonder now if they are all KJV only people..

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
..When, if, we think we have arrived at sinless perfection. We put a road block up to God. We in effect are telling him we have made it. And we prevent him from the opportunity to grow us in this life. We basically tell him we do not need him, or his grace anymore. We have earned his love by our righteousness.
Its sad that we have people who actually believe this lie

Yes, the danger for people who think they're OSAS and home free is that they drop their guard against satan and I'm sure that makes him chuckle..:)

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It’s sad that people don’t believe this truth:

Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin” (1 John 3:9)
Been here before my friend

The greek in that text has about it the fact they do not habitually live in sin. Like the unbeliever does.

The same author said if we claim (present tense, and he included himself) to be without sin we deceive ourselves. This is further emphasized by the fact he says he writes so we do not sin, but if we do….. and says if we do. We can actually come and confess our sin.

If you can NEVER sin again period. You would have no need to confess your sin, Not only to God (1 John 1: 9) but as James says…

James 5:16
Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.

Now why would both James and John, two people who knew christ personally, and helped start the church. Tell us as true children of God to confess our sins, to God and each other.

You want to decieve yourself and think you are sinless. I will not stop you. But if you think people are going to sit idly by while you try to tell others they must be perfect or they are not saved. Well then we have a problem

Reactions: L.A.M.B. and Johann

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Been here before my friend

The greek in that text has about it the fact they do not habitually live in sin. Like the unbeliever does.

The same author said if we claim (present tense, and he included himself) to be without sin we deceive ourselves. This is further emphasized by the fact he says he writes so we do not sin, but if we do….. and says if we do. We can actually come and confess our sin.

If you can NEVER sin again period. You would have no need to confess your sin, Not only to God (1 John 1: 9) but as James says…

James 5:16
Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.

Now why would both James and John, two people who knew christ personally, and helped start the church. Tell us as true children of God to confess our sins, to God and each other.

You want to decieve yourself and think you are sinless. I will not stop you. But if you think people are going to sit idly by while you try to tell others they must be perfect or they are not saved. Well then we have a problem
A big problem, I would say since our eternal destination is at stake here.
J.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, the danger for people who think they're OSAS and home free is that they drop their guard against satan and I'm sure that makes him chuckle..:)
Ahh,

So those of us who take John at his word.

1 John 5:13
These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, that you may know that you have eternal life, and that you may continue to believe in the name of the Son of God

Drop our guard against satan, and it makes him chuckle?

Quite the contrary my friend, When people lack faith in the god who will save completely that who is lost. And that he WILL complete what he started and paul said we should all be confident, makes him laugh. Because they have placed the burden on christian grown and being saved on their own deeds, and not on the love and faithfulness of Christ

Remember, every religious organization of the earth instituted by man believes in NOSAS. It is based on how good one becomes, or how faithful they are. And not on how God God is and how faithful he is.

Reactions: mailmandan

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The greek in that text has about it the fact they do not habitually live in sin

Do you read your New Testament scriptures in Greek?

Do you read the Old Testament in Hebrew/Aramaic?

If the answer is “no” please stop playing the “original languages game”.

Thanks!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When I mentioned KJV-Onlyists I also included the other perversions of the Scriptures @Eternally Grateful as well as heteros perversions of fundamental doctrines.
Shalom
J.
I was a KJV only person once. I do not think they are all bad and have perverted doctrine. I prefer NKJV myself. Not because I think others are corrupt or bad. I just prefer what I have always used (since My father bought me my first NKJV Scofiled study when I was a teen)

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you read your New Testament scriptures in Greek?

Do you read the Old Testament in Hebrew/Aramaic?

If the answer is “no” please stop playing the “original languages game”.

Thanks!
I am so sorry that it scares you to look and study what the word actually says.

But do me a favor please. Don’t blame me because I did what I was commanded and test all spirit. And study to shew myself approved. Both passages which were written long before any english text was even thought of..

When you study something written in a foreign l;a gauge, if would be good in problem areas to go look at how it was written in that language. Not just to take an interpretor word for it.. You also have to account for flaws in the language for which the word was translated to.

I also love it how you completely skipped over the other words ofJohn and the words of James which support my view. And destroys your own view.

Shame on you my friend.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You were once on a good path…

a Scofield NKJV?!

Talk about a double whammy or corruption and error!
THat why I seek the origional languages to make sure what I read in english is what was actually said.

I would highly suggest you do the same. And not trust any interpretation.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Typical deflection. ALL false religions and cults that teach salvation by works strongly oppose OSAS which is also a RED FLAG!
I am amazed he speaks of sinless perfection. Yet he is against those who are truly saved and are now sinless perfect are truly saved forever.

Talk about a contradiction

Reactions: mailmandan

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I was a KJV only person once. I do not think they are all bad and have perverted doctrine. I prefer NKJV myself. Not because I think others are corrupt or bad. I just prefer what I have always used (since My father bought me my first NKJV Scofiled study when I was a teen)
Nothing wrong with that @Eternally Grateful however this "gentleman" would disagree with you.
Enjoy
J.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nothing wrong with that @Eternally Grateful however this "gentleman" would disagree with you.
Enjoy
J.
I am not really worried about what people say. I just go by what I experience.

I know many people who prefer the KJV only. And they have sound doctrine. And are my brother and or sister.

Non of them believe in this sinless perfection nonsense either by the way

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Congratulations to the sin-perfectionists.

You were perfect in sin before Christ and are still perfect in sin after Christ.

No red flag there huh…

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Congratulations to the sin-perfectionists.

You were perfect in sin before Christ and are still perfect in sin after Christ.

No red flag there huh…
You have a problem with the STATE of the unregenerate habitually sinning and the STATE of the Christian occasionally sinning.
J.