1Thessalonians 4:18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rapture is a theology that man his taken from the bible and decided that they were going to be taken away before the tribulation hits the world. It is a belief but there are only a small amount of christians who believe in it.

Take a look around the world. There are thousands of christians dying for their belief in Jesus who are being martyred. They are christians, some new, some more mature believers. What makes Americans different than these believers around the world? Did Jesus get taken up before he was martyred? what about the apostles? Think!
Amen!

God is no respecter of persons! Why was Jesus crucified? Why was Stephen stoned to death? Why does each of us need to take the steps that God directs us to take? Who is it that should be deciding what our next step with and toward God should be? That should be God's decision, but it is ours. In order to take it correctly, we have to hand the reins to us over to Him or we are surely going to stumble and fall.

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen!

God is no respecter of persons! Why was Jesus crucified? Why was Stephen stoned to death? Why does each of us need to take the steps that God directs us to take? Who is it that should be deciding what our next step with and toward God should be? That should be God's decision, but it is ours. In order to take it correctly, we have to hand the reins to us over to Him or we are surely going to stumble and fall.

Pray each day that we think, say, and o what is pleasing to God.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pray each day that we think, say, and o what is pleasing to God.

What is pleasing to God is seeking, knowing and following His will, is it not?

"Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven." Matt 7:21

Even Jesus says this of himself:

"I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me." John 5:30

"For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me." John 6:38

And we are to be like Jesus, are we not?

"Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is." I John 3:2

"But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof." Matt 6:33-34

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
By unified, do you mean all shut down by the government? They all are in the same boat, or were. That the gospel is going out, is not a group thing. It must be an individual, person by person thing. World wide revival is spread like covid19. It is from personal contact. For that to happen, each person must repent of their sin. Then the Lamb of God, and the power of the Holy Spirit can go from person to person. It is not from church building to church building, nor denomination to denomination. It is individual to individuals.

Read the scripture yourself and then ask God if He meant unify as a shut down by the government....or any of that nonsense you said.:rolleyes:
P.S. It explains it in the verses I provided.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Read the scripture yourself and then ask God if He meant unify as a shut down by the government....or any of that nonsense you said.:rolleyes:
P.S. It explains it in the verses I provided.
God sent covid19 to put a stop to all things. That humanity will stop and listen is their own private choice.

God's answer is that it is the end, and those who object, will have to suffer the consequences of that objection. I am not here to change people's minds. Only the Holy Spirit can do that. I am here as a warning. Sure there are going to be spirits fighting back. This is a spiritual battle. No one likes being rebuked, much less warned. From my life's experiences I have noticed for most warnings those without objections are those most willing to change.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God sent covid19 to put a stop to all things. That humanity will stop and listen is their own private choice.

God's answer is that it is the end, and those who object, will have to suffer the consequences of that objection. I am not here to change people's minds. Only the Holy Spirit can do that. I am here as a warning. Sure there are going to be spirits fighting back. This is a spiritual battle. No one likes being rebuked, much less warned. From my life's experiences I have noticed for most warnings those without objections are those most willing to change.
I am here to help others see how Darby has led millions into believing a false narrative he created himself.
No one taught the pre-trib rapture until then.

Reactions: Candidus

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am here to help others see how Darby has led millions into believing a false narrative he created himself.
Since I am not teaching anything, then perhaps drop the false objection??

It is a warning, not a Sunday School lesson.

I am here warning folks, to prepare for the Second Coming. The church cannot "get prepared" if the church is not here. No one knows when the church will leave, but God says that the church leaves first. Then it will be up to the Jews only to preach the message of salvation. If one does not want to take the chance, that a Jew will start witnessing to them one day, listen up now.

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Think!!! No one but priests could read the Bible for 1400 years after Jesus until 14th century BUT this scripture was there all along= Why not just believe God's Word on the catching up (rapture)??

16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive and remain """shall be caught up together""" with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. 18 Therefore comfort one another with these words1 Corinthians 15:51- 57
Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,

52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

55 O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?

56 The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law.

57 But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Think!!! No one but priests could read the Bible for 1400 years after Jesus until 14th century BUT this scripture was there all along= Why not just believe God's Word on the catching up (rapture)??

16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive and remain """shall be caught up together""" with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. 18 Therefore comfort one another with these words1 Corinthians 15:51- 57
Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,

52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

55 O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?

56 The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law.

57 But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
There wasn't a bible until King James had one put together and as we have come to learn there are some translations that were in error as to the meaning in the original language....do you cross reference scripture? If you cross reference each of the scriptures you listed you will find a deeper knowledge of what it is saying.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who is "us" there? The people in the church of Corinth or "us" today? Do you think everyone slept or died then without anyone in the church of Corinth hearing the last trump?

I tell you Paul meant what he wrote. There were people in Corinth who heard the last trump and never fell asleep.

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who is "us" there? The people in the church of Corinth or "us" today? Do you think everyone slept or died then without anyone in the church of Corinth hearing the last trump?

I tell you Paul meant what he wrote. There were people in Corinth who heard the last trump and never fell asleep.

Seven years after the catching up of believers (rapture) Jesus will return with us caught up believers to Jerusalem and set up His physical kingdom===will you be there??

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Seven years after the catching up of believers (rapture) Jesus will return with us caught up believers to Jerusalem and set up His physical kingdom===will you be there??
Some good news, it is not 7 years. It was 3.5 years. Now it is less than 3 years.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I posted chapter and verse of God's Word and God's Word needs no defending it is eternal living truth!

That is where you're wrong. You do need to defend how you *interpret* God's word. The Scriptures themselves inform us that it is the right thing to be able to defend the truth *against all questions,* and warn us to "rightly divide the word of truth."

Do you really think just quoting Scriptures accomplishes that? As I told you before, Satan quotes Scriptures too, as do the cults. You are not being reasonable to think it is enough to just quote Scriptures. I'm sorry you feel that's enough.

We are warned about antichrists and false prophets. An Antichrist is one who puts himself in the place of God, but is not really God. And so, we have to be careful even when people quote Scriptures because they may actually be twisting those Scriptures to a Mormon meaning, or to a JW meaning. Upon examination you will find that the passage is being quoted but interpreted different from how it should be interpreted.

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is where you're wrong. You do need to defend how you *interpret* God's word. The Scriptures themselves inform us that it is the right thing to be able to defend the truth *against all questions,* and warn us to "rightly divide the word of truth."

Do you really think just quoting Scriptures accomplishes that? As I told you before, Satan quotes Scriptures too, as do the cults. You are not being reasonable to think it is enough to just quote Scriptures. I'm sorry you feel that's enough.

We are warned about antichrists and false prophets. An Antichrist is one who puts himself in the place of God, but is not really God. And so, we have to be careful even when people quote Scriptures because they may actually be twisting those Scriptures to a Mormon meaning, or to a JW meaning. Upon examination you will find that the passage is being quoted but interpreted different from how it should be interpreted.

Pray for some wisdom and understanding and believe what God says without trying to add or subtract =" interpret"

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pray for some wisdom and understanding and believe what God says without trying to add or subtract =" interpret"

I'm fine with that. But I would add "study to show yourself approved." We should study the history as well as the language. But prayer will lead us properly, I believe, assuming we are obedient to how God guides us.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you think Paul was writing to you and not to the people at Corinth. . . .

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What verse do you read that??
17 Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord.

Paul wrote that to the people at Corinth, and I believe it is true that some of them were caught up in the clouds -- and it is true that people today can be caught up the way they were.