2 Kinds of Inheritances for Believers

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Enow

Feb 5, 2020
Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ok, thank you Enow for fully explaining your position. As you know by now, I don't interpret the verses that you quoted, to the same conclusion that you do. And thus, I believe that as easily as one gained their faith (preaching and focus), they can, by the same means (false teaching and distraction), lose it.
Like the seeds sown among the rocks, shallow soil, weeds, and fertile land.

Once the seed, Jesus Christ, has been received, salvation has happened. How it grows to bear fruit or not bear fruit is how we will be judged to be either a vessel unto honor in His House or as a vessel unto dishonor in His House.

Enow

Feb 5, 2020
Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Look at the pronouns. A few things against thee. You allow her. I will cast her, and them.

Well, when it is addressing a church and then afterwards address those who do not have that errant doctrine, but instructed to hold fast till He comes, then the warning applies to those believers of the body of Christ at that city are at risk of being left behind unless they repent.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, when it is addressing a church and then afterwards address those who do not have that errant doctrine, but instructed to hold fast till He comes, then the warning applies to those believers of the body of Christ at that city are at risk of being left behind unless they repent.
. . . we who are alive and remain . . . this is inclusive, not "some of we who are alive and remain".

?

Enow

Feb 5, 2020
Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, I understand. But to assume "glorified bodies", mixing what is born of the flesh with that which born of the spirit, is error.

If you think about the first fruits of the resurrection in how they will be like the angels that never die, never marrying nor given in marriage, and yet those who come out of the great tribulation; the power of the second death will not be over them thus hinting that the power of the first death, the physical death is still there, what would you say then? Since they will serve the King of kings on earth in raising up the millennium generations, then they have to lead by example; hence they will marry and have children too. And those of that millennium reign of Christ are to visit the city of God on earth to eat from the tree of life for the healing of the nations.

So clearly, there are 2 kinds of inheritance there, yes? Eventually, at the end when Satan is released from the pit after a thousand years, and then defeated after a short season, and cast into the lake of fire, along with hell and death; it is then when death is defeated and the believers of the second inheritance will never die.

Wood and earth vessels are made of the elements that are to be destroyed by fervent heat and with fire. They only remain as long as "today" is today.

But they are regarded as still in His House as if they are expected to be there in that great house with the vessels of gold and silver.

2 Timothy 2:20 But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonor.

When you read Luke 12:40-49, Jesus is sending a fire on the earth for why He is warning believers to be ready or else, and Peter speaks of this calamity also in 2 Peter 3:3-15 as the lognsuffering and enduring to the end unto salvation is to escape that fire coming on the earth.

So when I read 1 Corinthians 3:10-17 how those who defile the temple of God, He will destroy; hence physical death and left behind to die in that coming fire on the earth, that spirit is still saved as per 1 Corinthians 3:15. Then you have that warning to the church at Thyatira that if they did not repent of her fornication, they would be cast into the bed of the coming great tribulation where God judges the church according to her works.

So the works are burned up, but the foundation remains and cannot be removed just as His seal is not going anywhere for why those left behind are still saved but miss out on the firstfruit of the resurrection in being that vessel unto honor in His House.

Enow

Feb 5, 2020
Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
. . . we who are alive and remain . . . this is inclusive, not "some of we who are alive and remain".

?
Paul did not say all believers either. If we look at the audience Paul is addressing are believers that are abiding in Him.

1 Thessalonians 4:1Furthermore then we beseech you, brethren, and exhort you by the Lord Jesus, that as ye have received of us how ye ought to walk and to please God, so ye would abound more and more.

We have Jesus warning His disciples that if they are not abiding in His words, they will be cut off;

John 15:6 If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.

Paul cited the real danger of becoming a castaway himself if he did not bring his body under subjection ( with His help, of course ).

1 Corinthians 9:24 Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain. 25 And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible. 26 I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air:27 But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.

So the loss of crowns is not the only consequence for not running that race by looking to the author & finisher of our faith to help us lay aside every weight & sin. One can become a vessel unto dishonor in His House. Not a loss of salvation, but a loss of that firstfruit of the resurrection.

Like the prodigal son that gave up his inheritance for wild living, he can never get it back; it is gone, but he can and will come home because he is still son.

There is a race to be run and we look to Jesus Christ for help to discern and depart from iniquity, thus by faith in Him and the grace of God we are saved by because our confidence is in Him to finish it to His glory.

But not every believer is a disciple of Jesus Christ. Not every believer will be found ready as abiding in Him as ready when the Bridegroom comes.

That is why Jesus warned His disciples to be ready or else in Luke 12:40-49.

Indeed, He warned that the cares of this life can be a snare to believers that will tempt then not to go when the Bridegroom comes.

Luke 21:33 Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away. 34 And take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting, and drunkenness, and cares of this life, and so that day come upon you unawares. 35 For as a snare shall it come on all them that dwell on the face of the whole earth. 36 Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.

Something to ask Him about for confirmation, brother.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you think about the first fruits of the resurrection in how they will be like the angels that never die, never marrying nor given in marriage, and yet those who come out of the great tribulation; the power of the second death will not be over them thus hinting that the power of the first death, the physical death is still there, what would you say then? Since they will serve the King of kings on earth in raising up the millennium generations, then they have to lead by example; hence they will marry and have children too. And those of that millennium reign of Christ are to visit the city of God on earth to eat from the tree of life for the healing of the nations.

So clearly, there are 2 kinds of inheritance there, yes? Eventually, at the end when Satan is released from the pit after a thousand years, and then defeated after a short season, and cast into the lake of fire, along with hell and death; it is then when death is defeated and the believers of the second inheritance will never die.
Oh, I see, you are apparently under the impression that the millennium reign of Christ is all future. But that is not so, or else Christ has not already been given authority in heaven and also in earth already, or that He is not in any or any in Him. That would mean that Him and the multitudes who died and also rose with Him are all liars. But that is not the reality of it. That is not at all true.
But they are regarded as still in His House as if they are expected to be there in that great house with the vessels of gold and silver.

2 Timothy 2:20 But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonor.

When you read Luke 12:40-49, Jesus is sending a fire on the earth for why He is warning believers to be ready or else, and Peter speaks of this calamity also in 2 Peter 3:3-15 as the lognsuffering and enduring to the end unto salvation is to escape that fire coming on the earth.

So when I read 1 Corinthians 3:10-17 how those who defile the temple of God, He will destroy; hence physical death and left behind to die in that coming fire on the earth, that spirit is still saved as per 1 Corinthians 3:15. Then you have that warning to the church at Thyatira that if they did not repent of her fornication, they would be cast into the bed of the coming great tribulation where God judges the church according to her works.

So the works are burned up, but the foundation remains and cannot be removed just as His seal is not going anywhere for why those left behind are still saved but miss out on the firstfruit of the resurrection in being that vessel unto honor in His House.
The fact that everything in heaven and earth is God's, does not mean that the passage only refers to that house of by and by. But rather, it means that the kingdom of heaven has come, beginning that day that He announced it 2000 years ago.

But don't misunderstand what I am saying as if it were the same as Paul wrote of referring to some of his time. He did elaborate to say that the kingdom comes to "each in his own order." No one has missed His coming, for if nothing else He comes in the end, which no man knows day or hour--which is a man's own death...for to be absent of the body, is to be present with the Lord. Such is all that is written, all truth, reconciled.

Last edited:

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Believers will be judged by what they build on that foundation ( 1 Corinthians 3:10-17 ); and the consequences is being left behind to face the calamity of fire coming on the earth and the coming great tribulation as a result for not being ready
sorry but that is not what the bema awards seat is about

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul did not say all believers either
We who are alive and remain . . . this is those who are alive and remain. No one is excluded in this wording. Now . . . you can go with that while it says "we who are alive and remain" that it does not actually mean that, just the same, that is what it says.

Much love!

Enow

Feb 5, 2020
Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh, I see, you are apparently under the impression that the millennium reign of Christ is all future. But that is not so, or else Christ has not already been given authority in heaven and also in earth already, or that He is not in any or any in Him. That would mean that Him and the multitudes who died and also rose with Him are all liars. But that is not the reality of it. That is not at all true.

Satan is not in a pit for a thousand years yet, and so the millennium is still future as far as the King of kings reigning on earth that is.

The fact that everything in heaven and earth is God's, does not mean that the passage only refers to that house of by and by. But rather, it means that the kingdom of heaven has come, beginning that day that He announced it 2000 years ago.

Revelation 20:1-6 has Satan in a pit for a thousand years and then the resurrection of those saints that went though the great tribulation will be done and then the thousand year reign begins when the wolf lies down with the lamb and a kid puts his hand in a viper's den and not get bit.

What you are talking about is a different topic.

But don't misunderstand what I am saying as if it were the same as Paul wrote of referring to some of his time. He did elaborate to say that the kingdom comes to "each in his own order." No one has missed His coming, for if nothing else He comes in the end, which no man knows day or hour--which is a man's own death...for to be absent of the body, is to be present with the Lord. Such is all that is written, all truth, reconciled.

Matthew 13:33 talks about what makes up the kingdom of God before Christ gives it up to the Father in 1 Corinthians 15:22-26.

Matthew 13:33 Another parable spake he unto them; The kingdom of heaven is like unto leaven, which a woman took, and hid in three measures of meal, till the whole was leavened.

#1 Harvest The firstfruits of the resurrection at pre great trib rapture event

#2 Harvest They that be Christ's at His coming

#3 Harvest Then those that remain loyal to Christ after Satan has been released from the pit after a thousand years for a small season. Revelation 20th chapter.

Once Satan and death are in the lake of fire, the whole kingdom of God is done; made up of three harvests and given back to the Father.

1 Corinthians 15:22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. 23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming. 24 Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power. 25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet. 26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.

Enow

Feb 5, 2020
Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
sorry but that is not what the bema awards seat is about

Explain why Paul felt there was a greater consequence other than losing the rewards of crowns and that was to become a castaway?

1 Corinthians 9:24 Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain. 25 And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible. 26 I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air: 27 But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.

Enow

Feb 5, 2020
Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We who are alive and remain . . . this is those who are alive and remain. No one is excluded in this wording. Now . . . you can go with that while it says "we who are alive and remain" that it does not actually mean that, just the same, that is what it says.

Much love!

Thank you for sharing, but do consider this question.

Explain why Paul felt there was a greater consequence other than losing the rewards of crowns and that was to become a castaway?

1 Corinthians 9:24 Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain. 25 And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible. 26 I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air: 27 But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

1 cor 3 is the judgment seat of works of what we have built with . it is for the christians wood gay stubble works will not stand the test of fire. Gold silver precious stones have already been tested by fire . they pass the test.. this is not a judgment of salvation . the judgment at the white throne is for the lost cast-away. - This word ( ἀδόκιμος adokimos) is taken from “bad metals” and properly denotes those which will not bear the “test” that is applied to them; that are found to be base and worthless, and are therefore rejected and cast away. they never was saved

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Explain why Paul felt there was a greater consequence other than losing the rewards of crowns and that was to become a castaway*?
You need to understand what that term means in the context of all Gospel Truth. It means disqualified from the race, not a loss of salvation or inheritance.

*Strong's Concordance
adokimos: failing to pass the test
Original Word: ἀδόκιμος, ον

Part of Speech: Adjective
Transliteration: adokimos
Phonetic Spelling: (ad-ok'-ee-mos)
Definition: Admin, an Israelite
Usage: failing to pass the test, unapproved, counterfeit.

JOHN GILL'S COMMENTARY
I myself should be a castaway, or rejected, or disapproved of; that is, by men: the apostle's concern is, lest he should do anything that might bring a reproach on the Gospel; lest some corruption of his nature or other should break out, and thereby his ministry be justly blamed, and be brought under contempt; and so he be rejected and disapproved of by men, and become useless as a preacher: not that he feared he should become a reprobate, as the word is opposed to an elect person; or that he should be a castaway eternally, or be everlastingly damned; for he knew in whom he had believed, and was persuaded of his interest in the love of God, and that he was a chosen vessel of salvation, that could not be eternally lost: though supposing that this is his sense, and these his fears and concern, it follows not as neither that he was, so neither that he could be a lost and damned person...

As I said, you are thoroughly confused about this, and believe that the saints can lose their salvation. But this is all about rewards and crowns.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Once the seed, Jesus Christ, has been received, salvation has happened. How it grows to bear fruit or not bear fruit is how we will be judged to be either a vessel unto honor in His House or as a vessel unto dishonor in His House.
Not according to the parable that I quoted. Those that fell by the shallow ground received the faith for a while, until the devil came and snatched it away. That was Jesus' explanation.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Satan is not in a pit for a thousand years yet, and so the millennium is still future as far as the King of kings reigning on earth that is.

Revelation 20:1-6 has Satan in a pit for a thousand years and then the resurrection of those saints that went though the great tribulation will be done and then the thousand year reign begins when the wolf lies down with the lamb and a kid puts his hand in a viper's den and not get bit.

What you are talking about is a different topic.

Matthew 13:33 talks about what makes up the kingdom of God before Christ gives it up to the Father in 1 Corinthians 15:22-26.

Matthew 13:33 Another parable spake he unto them; The kingdom of heaven is like unto leaven, which a woman took, and hid in three measures of meal, till the whole was leavened.

#1 Harvest The firstfruits of the resurrection at pre great trib rapture event

#2 Harvest They that be Christ's at His coming

#3 Harvest Then those that remain loyal to Christ after Satan has been released from the pit after a thousand years for a small season. Revelation 20th chapter.

Once Satan and death are in the lake of fire, the whole kingdom of God is done; made up of three harvests and given back to the Father.

1 Corinthians 15:22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. 23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming. 24 Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power. 25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet. 26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.
It is as I said, but you struggle with the times of this world while the topic is not of this world, but of the kingdom. Just as Paul wrote: "after you have known God, or rather are known by God, how is it that you turn again to the weak and beggarly elements, to which you desire again to be in bondage? You observe days and months and seasons and years."

There is no timeline of days, months, seasons, or years.

Enow

Feb 5, 2020
Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 cor 3 is the judgment seat of works of what we have built with . it is for the christians wood gay stubble works will not stand the test of fire. Gold silver precious stones have already been tested by fire . they pass the test.. this is not a judgment of salvation . the judgment at the white throne is for the lost cast-away. - This word ( ἀδόκιμος adokimos) is taken from “bad metals” and properly denotes those which will not bear the “test” that is applied to them; that are found to be base and worthless, and are therefore rejected and cast away. they never was saved

I need to clarify my belief. From the reading of 1 Corinthians 3:10-17, that foundation Jesus Christ has laid cannot be removed. It is only the works on that foundation that shall be judged. Paul testify of this foundation remaining along with that seal for former believers in 2 Timothy 2:18-19 .

Also, there is a consequence given for defiling the temple of God which is physical death in context of that passage. So the wood, stubble, and hay are works of iniquity that the believer did not depart from at the time God judges His House which I believe tales place when the Bridegroom comes. Those cut off, reprobates disqualified from attending the Marriage Supper, becomes vessels unto dishonor that are in His House, because that foundation remains and the seal also to testify to the power of God in salvation for those who believe in Him, even for those that believe in His name.

1 Corinthians 3:15 and 2 Timothy 2:20 & John 6:39 testifies to how and why there are still vessels unto dishonor in that great house.

Enow

Feb 5, 2020
Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You need to understand what that term means in the context of all Gospel Truth. It means disqualified from the race, not a loss of salvation or inheritance.

*Strong's Concordance
adokimos: failing to pass the test
Original Word: ἀδόκιμος, ον
Part of Speech: Adjective
Transliteration: adokimos
Phonetic Spelling: (ad-ok'-ee-mos)
Definition: Admin, an Israelite
Usage: failing to pass the test, unapproved, counterfeit.

JOHN GILL'S COMMENTARY
I myself should be a castaway, or rejected, or disapproved of; that is, by men: the apostle's concern is, lest he should do anything that might bring a reproach on the Gospel; lest some corruption of his nature or other should break out, and thereby his ministry be justly blamed, and be brought under contempt; and so he be rejected and disapproved of by men, and become useless as a preacher: not that he feared he should become a reprobate, as the word is opposed to an elect person; or that he should be a castaway eternally, or be everlastingly damned; for he knew in whom he had believed, and was persuaded of his interest in the love of God, and that he was a chosen vessel of salvation, that could not be eternally lost: though supposing that this is his sense, and these his fears and concern, it follows not as neither that he was, so neither that he could be a lost and damned person...

As I said, you are thoroughly confused about this, and believe that the saints can lose their salvation. But this is all about rewards and crowns.

If one can lose the rewards of crowns, then the high prize of our calling is to be that vessel unto honor in His House, then to be disqualified is to become "damned" as vessels unto dishonor in His House; as in forever the least in the kingdom of God.

Matthew 5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

So there are two kinds of inheritance in the kingdom of God there too.

Let us consider that what is built on that foundation, wood, stubble, and hay is what is considered as defiling the temple of God for why it will be destroyed, with the believer having gone thrrough the fire to be destroyed and yet his spirit is still saved as per 1 Corinthians 3:15-17.

So any unrepented iniquity on that foundation; be it religious works that deny Him ( Titus 1:16 ) or works of the flesh that denies Him or becoming a former believer for why that kind of unbelief is obviously denying Him, they are disqualified from attending the Marriage Supper in Heaven and thus "excommubicated".

As God commands churches to do, so will He do when He judges His House first. With His help, we can see the symbolis for how the churches are to excommunicate but we can see the reality when God does it at the pre great trib rapture event.

1 Corinthians 5:4 In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, when ye are gathered together, and my spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus Christ, 5 To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.

Now note the conditions for fellowship which is symbolic of the atmosphere of the feast at the Marriage Supper table.

1 Corinthians 5:7 Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us: 8 Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness; but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.

So any unrepentant saint & any former believer will be excommunicated from the Marriage Supper table when the Bridegroom comes, unless they go before that throne of grace for help to discern the lies as well as good and evil by Him to see what they need His help in to depart from.

Enow

Feb 5, 2020
Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not according to the parable that I quoted. Those that fell by the shallow ground received the faith for a while, until the devil came and snatched it away. That was Jesus' explanation.

Matthew 13:19 When any one heareth the word of the kingdom, and understandeth it not, then cometh the wicked one, and catcheth away that which was sown in his heart. This is he which received seed by the way side.

Since the seed was not received but caught away, these are unbelievers.

Matthew 13:20 But he that received the seed into stony places, the same is he that heareth the word, and anon with joy receiveth it; 21 Yet hath he not root in himself, but dureth for a while: for when tribulation or persecution ariseth because of the word, by and by he is offended.

The seed was received but had no root in His words for why he or she was offended by it; like those saints that stopped believing in Him & the Bible because of the lies of the evolution theory. So even if they believe not, He still abides and that is part of the faithful saying; 2 Timothy 2:11-14.

Matthew 13: 22 He also that received seed among the thorns is he that heareth the word; and the care of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, choke the word, and he becometh unfruitful.

This is about discipleship as not every believer will become fruitful because their focus in their lives are the cares of this life to lose sight of Him.

Matthew 13:23 But he that received seed into the good ground is he that heareth the word, and understandeth it; which also beareth fruit, and bringeth forth, some an hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.

This is a believer who is also a disciples as he is fruitful because he learns of His words and abides in Him with His help to bear fruit and so that his joy may be full. John 15:7-11

So the portion you had referenced never received the seed for why those were unbelievers.

Enow

Feb 5, 2020
Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is as I said, but you struggle with the times of this world while the topic is not of this world, but of the kingdom. Just as Paul wrote: "after you have known God, or rather are known by God, how is it that you turn again to the weak and beggarly elements, to which you desire again to be in bondage? You observe days and months and seasons and years."

There is no timeline of days, months, seasons, or years.

In context of the Book of Galatians, the Gentiles were becoming identified with Judaism in the observances of those days thereof.

Galatians 3:1 O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you? 2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? 3 Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh? 4 Have ye suffered so many things in vain? if it be yet in vain. 5 He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, doeth he it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?

This has nothing to do with what Jesus said for being aware of as for the signs of the times when His coming is near.

Matthew 24:23 Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not. 24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect. 25 Behold, I have told you before. 26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not. 27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. 28 For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together.29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken: 30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. 31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other. 32 Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh: 33 So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors. 34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled. 35 Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away. 36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

So no man may know the day nor the hour, but we may know in the latter days before His coming when that is near. Reading that the tribulations of our times is described in Matthew 24:23-28 as 29 signify that as the tribulation of our days; it is afterwards that the heavens will be shaken at the coming of the Son of Man. I apply Matthew 24:23-28 towards all those apostate "movement of the spirit" like the Pensacola Outpouring, the Toronto's Blessings, the "holy laughter" movement, Ernest Angeley's Healing Crusade, the restoration movement in the UK, and etc.

Signs of the times for why the times of the Gentiles will come to an end for when the despensation of the gospel will go back to the Jews, the 144,000 witnesses, after the pre-great tribulation rapture event for the duration of the coming great tribulation.

I cannot say the day nor the hour, but I can say by the signs of the times, the Bridegroom is coming soon. So be ready by looking to the author & finisher of our faith to discern and depart from iniquity in helping us lay aside every weight & sin to be accepted by Him for why we labour in order to escape what is coming on the earth.

And Jesus has given enough warnings to believers ( Luke 12:40-49 & Luke 21:33-36 ) as Peter did also ( 2 Peter 3:3-15 ) and Paul for not running that race by faith in Him ( Hebrews 12:1-2 ) & the consequence is mentioned in 1 Corinthians 9:24-27. Not sure how you can not apply them for now.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Matthew 13:20 But he that received the seed into stony places, the same is he that heareth the word, and anon with joy receiveth it; 21 Yet hath he not root in himself, but dureth for a while: for when tribulation or persecution ariseth because of the word, by and by he is offended.

The seed was received but had no root in His words for why he or she was offended by it; like those saints that stopped believing in Him & the Bible because of the lies of the evolution theory. So even if they believe not, He still abides and that is part of the faithful saying; 2 Timothy 2:11-14.
I should've specified, i was specifically referring to the case above. They had faith at one point, but incontrovertibly, lost it.

Matthew 13:20-21
13:20. "The one on whom seed was sown on the rocky places, this is the man who hears the word and immediately receives it with joy; 21. yet he has no firm root in himself, but is only temporary, and when affliction or persecution arises because of the word, immediately he falls away.

Mark 4:15-17
4:15. "These are the ones who are beside the road where the word is sown; and when they hear, immediately Satan comes and takes away the word which has been sown in them. 16. "In a similar way these are the ones on whom seed was sown on the rocky places, who, when they hear the word, immediately receive it with joy; 17. and they have no firm root in themselves, but are only temporary; then, when affliction or persecution arises because of the word, immediately they fall away.

Luke 8:13
8:13. "Those on the rocky soil are those who, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no firm root; they believe for a while, and in time of temptation fall away.