2 Thessalonians 2:7

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And in Revelation 7, if the Holy Spirit is gone, who are those who come out of the Great Tribulation arrayed in white robes?

13 Then one of the elders answered, saying to me, “Who are these arrayed in white robes, and where did they come from?”

14 And I said to him, “Sir, you know.”

So he said to me, “These are the ones who come out of the great tribulation, and washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.
the Holy spirit is/ has always been the restrainer

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way. in your opinion who is he who letteth

I read it like this:

7 As for the work this man of rebellion and hell will do when he comes, it is already going on, but he himself will not come until the one who is holding him back steps out of the way.

There is only one who knows the timing of the end days. This is God who at the same time will put on all Gentiles who have not already accepted Christ a strong delusion to follow after the Antichrist. I say Gentiles because at the same time the fullness of the Gentiles will have already come into the Church, and this will now be the time of the Jews being unblinded of their partial blindness and all Israel will be saved. Romans 11. The Holy Spirit will still be on the earth to bring in the Jews, but His restraining hand will be taken out of the way and let evil run unhindered.

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
www.personal-communication.org.nz
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
And in Revelation 7, if the Holy Spirit is gone, who are those who come out of the Great Tribulation arrayed in white robes?

13 Then one of the elders answered, saying to me, “Who are these arrayed in white robes, and where did they come from?”

14 And I said to him, “Sir, you know.”

So he said to me, “These are the ones who come out of the great tribulation, and washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.
I notice that the word "tribulation" is all in lower case and therefore is not a capital noun, showing that it is not a period called The Tribulation" but more likely the normal tribulation of having to live in a world hostile to Christian faith. When teaching of The Tribulation was taught to the suffering people of Ruanda, they said, "What do you mean? We are going through our tribulation right now!"

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I notice that the word "tribulation" is all in lower case and therefore is not a capital noun, showing that it is not a period called The Tribulation" but more likely the normal tribulation of having to live in a world hostile to Christian faith. When teaching of The Tribulation was taught to the suffering people of Ruanda, they said, "What do you mean? We are going through our tribulation right now!"

This one is the "Great" Tribulation.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Paul Christensen @Ezra

Read #42. That is what I believe. So seeing as no one but Jews will be saved during the Great Tribulation who are these in white robes in Revelation 7 from every country and tribe. In other words, Gentiles? Case is not in the original, nor is punctuation, nor verse and chapter numbering.

Last edited:

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
This one is the "Great" Tribulation.
But the word in the Scripture is not a title, but could be the great tribulation that they were experiencing while they were alive. If The Great Tribulation was meant, it would be stated in that way to show that it was a general event that involved believers left behind in the Rapture, which I don't believe is the case, because I am adamantly pre-trib in my theology.

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
@Paul Christensen @Ezra

Read #42. That is what I believe. So seeing as no one but Jews will be saved during the Great Tribulation who are these in white robes in Revelation 7 from every country and tribe. In other words, Gentiles? Case is not in the original, nor is punctuation, nor verse and chapter numbering.
Capitalization or non-capitalization can make a big difference in the meaning of a word.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But the word in the Scripture is not a title, but could be the great tribulation that they were experiencing while they were alive. If The Great Tribulation was meant, it would be stated in that way to show that it was a general event that involved believers left behind in the Rapture, which I don't believe is the case, because I am adamantly pre-trib in my theology.

There's the hick-up. The Scriptures show post trib.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Capitalization or non-capitalization can make a big difference in the meaning of a word.

I agree, and by context the publishers have capitalized where appropriate, but some punctuations are off in my opinion. Look at this one.

Isaiah 9:6
For unto us a Child is born,
Unto us a Son is given;
And the government will be upon His shoulder.
And His name will be called
Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

It should be corrected as such:
Wonderful Counselor

It is the (Spirit)
Mighty God is the Trinity (all of them)
Everlasting Father (Father)
Prince of Peace (Son)

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I agree, and by context the publishers have capitalized where appropriate, but some punctuations are off in my opinion. Look at this one.

Isaiah 9:6
For unto us a Child is born,
Unto us a Son is given;
And the government will be upon His shoulder.
And His name will be called
Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

It should be corrected as such:
Wonderful Counselor

It is the (Spirit)
Mighty God is the Trinity (all of them)
Everlasting Father (Father)
Prince of Peace (Son)
Are you sure of that? Comprehension 101 tells me that it is describing the child that is to be born (the Messiah, namely Jesus).

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If that was as clear as you say, then there wouldn't be so much debate between the opposing factions! Anyhow, at my age, it won't be too long before I find out, and I won't be able to come back and let you know the facts! :)

Well, you know we are the same age. LOL

Did you see my post on the Astroid that NASA says will be so close in April of 2029 it will knock out satelites? But they secretly claim they cannot really tell people it will hit the earth on the west coast of USA between Mexico and US. That will fulfill scripture in Revelation.

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Well, you know we are the same age. LOL

Did you see my post on the Astroid that NASA says will be so close in April of 2029 it will knock out satelites? But they secretly claim they cannot really tell people it will hit the earth on the west coast of USA between Mexico and US. That will fulfill scripture in Revelation.
Maybe. But we might not be around by then so it might not affect us.

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
You being on an "island" nation...yikes! But the ash from all the US volcanoes and especially our super volcano, Yellowstone, will wipe us out too, and Mexico.
I looked it up on Google and they are not expecting it to hit the earth but it will give scientists the opportunity to view and examine it at close quarters.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I looked it up on Google and they are not expecting it to hit the earth but it will give scientists the opportunity to view and examine it at close quarters.

I know what is being to the public, but that is not what they say in private.

If I recall, they say it is the size of Texas and weighs about 50 million tons. Watch the video.

Last edited:

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I know what is being to the public, but that is not what they say in private.

If I recall, they say it is the size of Texas and weighs about 50 million tons. Watch the video.
Here is what Google says about it:
2019 OK is a near-Earth asteroid noted for its sudden, surprise discovery on the day before its close flyby in 2019. The object's size is estimated at 57 to 130 metres (187 to 426 ft) across, the closest asteroid of such size discovered in 2019.
Earth MOID: 0.00036 AU (54,000 km) (0.14 LD)
Discovery date: 24 July 2019
MPC designation: 2019 OK
Discovered by: SONEAR Obs.