22 major reasons to abandon the Premil doctrine

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Address the Scriptures I presented that show "the age to come" has no death and marriage, as you (and other Premils) try to promote. Address how one must be worthy to inherit that age, whereas your age to come is saturated in billions of wicked who overrun your supposed future millennium as the sand of the sea.
Your entire post is an exercise in futility. The Bible clearly speaks of a coming age of total Earthly desolation and it will begin at the resurrection of the Just and end with the resurrection of the Wicked.

Of course the "age to come" is going to exclude death and marriage but that age doesn't begin until the 1,000 years are done, and if you'd read the entire Bible you'd see this desolation is clearly shown. Good gravy, doesn't Peter say when the day of the Lord comes as a thief, we won't be able to BREATHE down here?

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your entire post is an exercise in futility. The Bible clearly speaks of a coming age of total Earthly desolation and it will begin at the resurrection of the Just and end with the resurrection of the Wicked.

Of course the "age to come" is going to exclude death and marriage but that age doesn't begin until the 1,000 years are done, and if you'd read the entire Bible you'd see this desolation is clearly shown. Good gravy, doesn't Peter say when the day of the Lord comes as a thief, we won't be able to BREATHE down here?
There Will Be No 1,000 Year Millennial Kingdom Upon This Earth, Jesus Christ Returns In Fire And Final Judgement, Dissolving This Existing Earth By Fire, Immediately After The Tribulation

This Existing Heaven And Earth Will Be (Replaced) By The New Heaven, Earth, Jerusalem, A New Creation, At The Return Of Jesus Christ

(Behold, I Make All Things New)

2 Peter 3:10-13KJV
10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

Revelation 21:1-5KJV
1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.

Matthew 24:29-30KJV
29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

1 Corinthians 3:13KJV
13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.

Luke 17:29-30KJV
29 But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all.
30 Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed.

2 Thessalonians 1:7-9KJV
7 And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels,
8 In flaming fire taking vengeance
on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:
9 Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;

Malachi 3:2KJV
2 But who may abide the day of his coming? and who shall stand when he appeareth? for he is like a refiner's fire, and like fullers' soap:

Psalm 46:6KJV
6 The heathen raged, the kingdoms were moved: he uttered his voice, the earth melted.

Psalm 50:3KJV
3 Our God shall come, and shall not keep silence: a fire shall devour before him, and it shall be very tempestuous round about him.

Psalm 97:5KJV
5 The hills melted like wax at the presence of the Lord, at the presence of the Lord of the whole earth.

Isaiah 66:15KJV
15 For, behold, the Lord will come with fire, and with his chariots like a whirlwind, to render his anger with fury, and his rebuke with flames of fire.

Zechariah 14:12KJV
12 And this shall be the plague wherewith the Lord will smite all the people that have fought against Jerusalem; Their flesh shall consume away while they stand upon their feet, and their eyes shall consume away in their holes, and their tongue shall consume away in their mouth.

Nahum 1:5-6KJV
5 The mountains quake at him, and the hills melt, and the earth is burned at his presence, yea, the world, and all that dwell therein.
6 Who can stand before his indignation? and who can abide in the fierceness of his anger? his fury is poured out like fire, and the rocks are thrown down by him.

Revelation 20:9KJV
9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

But those passages do not recognize 2 ages. You invent an age and force it into passage after passage. You depend upon your misreading of one highly symbolic passage located in the most obscure setting in Scripture. You interpret the rest of the Bible through your faulty opinion of that one chapter. Amils do the opposite. They interpret Rev 20 by the full gamut of Scripture.

Your age to come is sin-cursed, goat-infested, death-blighted. This is not what Jesus taught.

The persistent contrast of the New Testament is between this present temporal age and a future eternal age which is to come. The particular (and persistent) contrast between these ages is that of enduring and overcoming all the bondage of the Fall in life and time and the bliss of the eternal rest in the age to come.

Jesus said in Matthew 12:32, “And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world [Gr. aion or age), neither in the ‘world to come’ [Gr. mello or hereafter].”

By His wording, Jesus seems to take it for granted that the listener/reader grasps the two-age framework – time and eternity. This sober passage solemnly is directed towards the eternal consequences that the reprobate faces for the folly of his rebellion. What our Lord is essentially saying here is that those who speak against the Holy Ghost will never be forgiven. Basically, they will not be forgiven in time or in eternity. They never experince forgiveness. It is an eternal sin. They are eternally condemned.

If the age to come was the millennial age (as Premillennialists argue), then damnation would be limited to a certain time-frame (similar to our current age) – namely a thousand years’ period after the coming of Christ. This would totally contradict the import of the Lord’s teaching. The fact is: this is a comprehensive description that covers the full gamut of man’s existence – now and forever. In short: there is no forgiveness attributed to the age to come for the wicked, that is because it is too late.

The parallel passage in Mark 3:28-29 makes it clear that the condemnation of those who reject Christ is unending in the age to come: “Verily I say unto you, All sins shall be forgiven unto the sons of men, and blasphemies wherewith soever they shall blaspheme: But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation.”

The phrase “the world to come” in Matthew 12:32 equates to “eternal damnation” for the wicked in Mark 3:28-29. The Christ-rejecter experiences no forgiveness in this life and in the life to come. We are clearly looking at an unforgivable eternal sin. It is indeed “eternal damnation.”

On a different note, Jesus said in Mark 10:29-30, “Verily I say unto you, There is no man that hath left house, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my sake, and the gospel's, But he shall receive an hundredfold now in this time [Gr. Kairos], houses, and brethren, and sisters, and mothers, and children, and lands, with persecutions; and in the world [Gr. aion or age] to come eternal life.”

As you carefully research the New Testament detail pertaining to the age/world, and recognize the qualities attributed to it, you soon see that they are always without exception perfect and eternal (never ending). This is obviously problematic for Premillennialism which adds another temporary hybrid age in-between this evil age and eternity that is far from perfect. According to the belief of Premillennialists, the next age is the millennial age and will possess all the same evil as our current age albeit in a more subdued scale according (to their doctrine). The fact is: creation is not delivered from all the fruit of the fall. Their millennial kingdom is marked by more-of-the-same.

Last edited:
Reactions: Truth7t7

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
From your post 886: "Josephus put the event into the historical record. Obviously he believed it happened."

You claimed this knowing full well that you could not provide supporting evidence.

That's what.
If I am wrong about Josephus, then you quote your source for your 66AD date. Calling me a liar when all I did was point out your source for you, means you are a liar about 66AD. The burden of proof to prove I am a liar is on you.

If I am a liar, then you lied about 66AD. You lied that what I said about Josephus is wrong. You prove your own quotes first before calling me a liar. Then I will prove my point.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
According to the belief of Premillennialists, the next age is the millennial age and will possess all the same evil as our current age albeit in a more subdued scale according (to their doctrine). The fact is: creation is not delivered from all the fruit of the fall. Their millennial kingdom is marked by more-of-the-same.
Paul there are a few different teachings on Millennialism, however the teaching found within dispensationalism is predominant

(Zionism) in a rebuilt temple in Jerusalem, as supposed priestly Jews in Israel offer animal sacrifice upon this temple altar, as Jesus Christ sits upon a earthly throne ruling with a rod of iron?

Yes 100% A Lie!

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If I am wrong about Josephus, then you quote your source for your 66AD date. Calling me a liar when all I did was point out your source for you, means you are a liar about 66AD. The burden of proof to prove I am a liar is on you.

If I am a liar, then you lied about 66AD. You lied that what I said about Josephus is wrong. You prove your own quotes first before calling me a liar. Then I will prove my point.
Preterist Claims In 66-70AD Fulfillment Falls, As The Book Of Revelation Was Written In 96AD

When Was the Book of Revelation Written?

By Wayne Jackson

Traditionally, the book of Revelation has been dated near the end of the first century, around A.D. 96. Some writers, however, have advanced the preterist (from a Latin word meaning “that which is past”) view, contending that the Apocalypse was penned around A.D. 68 or 69, and thus the thrust of the book is supposed to relate to the impending destruction of Jerusalem (A.D. 70).

A few prominent names have been associated with this position (e.g., Stuart, Schaff, Lightfoot, Foy E. Wallace Jr.), and for a brief time it was popular with certain scholars. James Orr has observed, however, that recent criticism has reverted to the traditional date of near A.D. 96 (1939, 2584). In fact, the evidence for the later date is extremely strong.

In view of some of the bizarre theories that have surfaced in recent times (e.g., the notion that all end-time prophecies were fulfilled with the fall of Jerusalem in A.D. 70), which are dependent upon the preterist interpretation, we offer the following.

External Evidence
The external evidence for the late dating of Revelation is of the highest quality.

Irenaeus
Irenaeus (A.D. 180), a student of Polycarp (who was a disciple of the apostle John), wrote that the apocalyptic vision “was seen not very long ago, almost in our own generation, at the close of the reign of Domitian” (Against Heresies 30). The testimony of Irenaeus, not far removed from the apostolic age, is first rate. He places the book near the end of Domitian’s reign, and that ruler died in A.D. 96. Irenaeus seems to be unaware of any other view for the date of the book of Revelation.

Clement of Alexandria
Clement of Alexandria (A.D. 155-215) says that John returned from the isle of Patmos “after the tyrant was dead” (Who Is the Rich Man? 42), and Eusebius, known as the “Father of Church History,” identifies the “tyrant” as Domitian (Ecclesiastical History III.23).

Even Moses Stuart, America’s most prominent preterist, admitted that the “tyrant here meant is probably Domitian.” Within this narrative, Clement further speaks of John as an “old man.” If Revelation was written prior to A.D. 70, it would scarcely seem appropriate to refer to John as an old man, since he would only have been in his early sixties at this time.

Victorinus
Victorinus (late third century), author of the earliest commentary on the book of Revelation, wrote:

When John said these things, he was in the island of Patmos, condemned to the mines by Caesar Domitian. There he saw the Apocalypse; and when at length grown old, he thought that he should receive his release by suffering; but Domitian being killed, he was liberated (Commentary on Revelation 10:11).

Jerome
Jerome (A.D. 340-420) said,

In the fourteenth then after Nero, Domitian having raised up a second persecution, he [John] was banished to the island of Patmos, and wrote the Apocalypse (Lives of Illustrious Men 9).

To all of this may be added the comment of Eusebius, who contends that the historical tradition of his time (A.D. 324) placed the writing of the Apocalypse at the close of Domitian’s reign (III.18). McClintock and Strong, in contending for the later date, declare that “there is no mention in any writer of the first three centuries of any other time or place” (1969, 1064). Upon the basis of external evidence, therefore, there is little contest between the earlier and later dates.

Internal Evidence
The contents of the book of Revelation also suggest a late date, as the following observations indicate.

The spiritual conditions of the churches described in Revelation chapters two and three more readily harmonize with the late date.

The church in Ephesus, for instance, was not founded by Paul until the latter part of Claudius’s reign: and when he wrote to them from Rome, A.D. 61, instead of reproving them for any want of love, he commends their love and faith (Eph. 1:15) (Horne 1841, 382).

Yet, when Revelation was written, in spite of the fact that the Ephesians had been patient (2:2), they had also left their first love (v. 4), and this would seem to require a greater length of time than seven or eight years, as suggested by the early date.

Another internal evidence of a late date is that this book was penned while John was banished to Patmos (1:9). It is well known that Domitian had a fondness for this type of persecution. If, however, this persecution is dated in the time of Nero, how does one account for the fact that Peter and Paul are murdered, yet John is only exiled to an island? (Eusebius III.18; II.25).

Then consider this fact. The church at Laodicea is represented as existing under conditions of great wealth. She was rich and had need of nothing (3:17). In A.D. 60, though, Laodicea had been almost entirely destroyed by an earthquake. Surely it would have required more than eight or nine years for that city to have risen again to the state of affluence described in Revelation.

The doctrinal departures described in Revelation would appear to better fit the later dating. For example, the Nicolaitans (2:6, 15) were a full-fledged sect at the time of John’s writing, whereas they had only been hinted at in general terms in 2 Peter and Jude, which were written possibly around A.D. 65-66.

Persecution for professing the Christian faith is evidenced in those early letters to the seven churches of Asia Minor. For instance, Antipas had been killed in Pergamum (2:13). It is generally agreed among scholars, however, that Nero’s persecution was mostly confined to Rome; further, it was not for religious reasons (Harrison 1964, 446).

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Agree. I'd like to see them explain why Isaiah decided to bring up the new heavens and new earth in one verse and then immediately change the subject in the next verse. How does this make any sense? How can Premils expect to be taken seriously without some kind of explanation for how Isaiah could have possibly changed the subject immediately after bringing it up?
The same way you claim John changed course between Revelation 19:20-21 and Revelation 20:1. How can you be taken seriously when you go from Armageddon to the first century, and then back to those beheaded in the months leading up to Armageddon, in Revelation 20:4?

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The same way you claim John changed course between Revelation 19:20-21 and Revelation 20:1. How can you be taken seriously when you go from Armageddon to the first century, and then back to those beheaded in the months leading up to Armageddon, in Revelation 20:4?
The book of Revelation is taught in "Parallel" teachings of same events, not chronological as you believe and teach

The battle seen in Revelation chapters 16, 19, 20, is the very same battle and event taught in "Parallel" teachings

Revelation 11:18 & Revelation 20:11-15 is the very same "Final Judgement" in "Parallel" teachings (The End)

Lesson Learned: Teachings Are Parallel Not Chronological

Revelation 11:18KJV
18 And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.

Reactions: WPM

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Still no evidence.

Still more lying.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not so. It looks like you are forced to do this order to support an age that doesn't actually exist. You are butchering the context and inserting your millennium where it is not mentioned or belong. That is called adding unto Scripture.

The passage is talking alone about the NHNE which arrives when Jesus comes. There is no space for another age of sin and sinner, crying and dying, war and terror, Satan and his minions.

As you already have seen, I disagree with you and think any passage or verse/verses within a passage can refer to different things and different periods of time. We do agree that if a verse has any death at all then it cannot be the NHNE. We actually agree on that. We just differ on what we do with the conflicting verses.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As you already have seen, I disagree with you and think any passage or verse/verses within a passage can refer to different things and different periods of time. We do agree that if a verse has any death at all then it cannot be the NHNE. We actually agree on that. We just differ on what we do with the conflicting verses.
Yes you take a "Symbolic Metaphor" of a child dying a hundred years old and apply a "Literal" interpretation, 100 years means 100 years, there is "Literal" death seen "Wrong"

Just as Psalm 50:10 below, the Lord owns every beast in the forest, but only the cattle upon 1,000 "Literal" hills, not 1,001 hills but 1,000 "Literal" hills

It's my "Opinion" you maintain your position, trying desperately to create a mortal Kingdom on this earth, that you want to believe is your "Millennium" this being major error in your teaching and belief

Psalm 50:10KJV
10 For every beast of the forest is mine, and the cattle upon a thousand hills.

Isaiah 65:17-20 & Revelation 21:1-5 are the same "Parallel" reading describing the New Heaven, Earth, Jerusalem, something you deny before your eyes, simple and easy to understand

"The Rejoice Forever Kingdom" is seen below, not a earthly kingdom of literal death, waiting for a devil to be loosed after 1,000 years creating war and havoc, and Jesus vacating a earthly throne, jumping back into the clouds of heaven, returning to defeat Satan on earth "Really"?

Isaiah 65:17-20KJV
17 For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.
18 But be ye glad and rejoice for ever in that which I create: for, behold, I create Jerusalem a rejoicing, and her people a joy.
19 And I will rejoice in Jerusalem, and joy in my people: and the voice of weeping shall be no more heard in her, nor the voice of crying.
20 There shall be no more thence an infant of days, nor an old man that hath not filled his days: for the child shall die an hundred years old; but the sinner being an hundred years old shall be accursed.

Revelation 21:1-4KJV
1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.

Last edited:

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The wording of the text and context make it clear what it relates to. You are fighting with the passage to sustain your belief in an age that will never happen. With these type of horrible hermeneutics you could literally make the Bible say whatever you want.

Last edited:

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Where is a future millennium mentioned in Isaiah 65:19-25? Nowhere! Premils force their beliefs into the sacred text where it does not belong. This is called eisegesis not exegesis. Text, context and co-text do not seem to matter to them.

Let us let the Bible speaks for itself!

Isaiah 65:17-21 declares, “For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind. But be ye glad and rejoice for ever in that which I create: for, behold, I create Jerusalem a rejoicing, and her people a joy. And I will rejoice in Jerusalem, and joy in my people: and the voice of weeping shall be no more heard in her, nor the voice of crying. There shall be no more thence an infant of days, nor an old man that hath not filled his days: for the child shall die an hundred years old; but the sinner being an hundred years old shall be accursed. And they shall build houses, and inhabit them; and they shall plant vineyards, and eat the fruit of them.”

The one thing we know for sure is that Scripture does not contradict itself in any way. The way some theologians explain this passage would lead you to believe that this passage is the one exception to this rule in Scripture. Of course, we know it isn’t (or can’t be). This much-debated passage before us must therefore beautifully correlates with other similar Scripture, which informs us that the Coming of Christ is climactic and that the new earth is totally free of the curse. It is essential that we always interpret difficult passages like this with other clearer and simpler passages.

The first thing we see in this reading is the time period in view; the Old Testament prophet explains that he is specifically speaking of the “new heavens and a new earth.” This is indisputable and cannot be a matter for theological debate. Whilst there are challenging parts to this passage, we can be sure of the fact that the detail described will be fulfilled in the “new heavens and a new earth.” In fact, the wording is so explicit in relation to the time-period that it removes any ambiguity or uncertainty for the reader on that front. This is the first absolute we can establish with this reading.

Isaiah 65 is written as poetry. Isaiah shows that life will be radically different in the new world compared with what people now in this state experience. Humans will possess unending life, meaning they will live forever. That would’ve been a hard and innovative concept for Old Testament believers to grasp. Before Christ sin, death, corruption and Satan had not been defeated. The hope was veiled in the old covenant apparatus and ceremonial system.

Isaiah’s vision is of an idealized earth on which creation is changed and life is transformed to a state unknown to fallen creation. It shows how earth and heaven become one and sees all creation imprinted with eternity.

Allowing Scripture to interpret Scripture and not imposing a private interpretation on this Old Testament chapter requires letting New Testament Scripture locate the “new heavens and a new earth.” Various passages show the removal of the old corrupt heavens and earth at the coming of Christ and their replacement with the new perfect heavens and earth. Jesus teaches in Matthew 24:35-37: Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away. But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only. But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming (parousia) of the Son of man be.”

Revelation expressly locates the new earth after the millennial period and not at the beginning. Revelation 21:1-5 tells us:I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea. And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God. And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away. And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new.”

This is beyond dispute. Any other understanding is contradicting Scripture. Notwithstanding, this doesn’t stop some Bible students forcing this passage into a supposed future millennium in between this current age and the new heavens and a new earth in the age to come. This can only occur if one is to ignore the setting clearly outlined by the Holy Ghost elsewhere in Holy Writ.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But those passages do not recognize 2 ages. You invent and age and force it into passage after passage.
What invention? The Bible repeatedly tells of a coming period of destruction, desolation, inhabitability, silence, emptiness, and darkness of this planet. We can't ignore that by doing what is essentially pointing to morning and noon as evidence for why there is no such thing as night.

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible repeatedly tells of a coming period of destruction, desolation, inhabitability, silence, emptiness, and darkness of this planet. We can't ignore that by doing what is essentially pointing to morning and noon as evidence for why there is no such thing as night.

Exactly. The second coming ushers in the end of sin and sinners, the curse and all corruption, crying and dying, war and terror, Satan and his minions. You force all this into your age to come. You restart all this in your supposed future millennium. Scripture does not recognize such a scenario.

Once again you duck around all my supporting Scripture. You have to.

Last edited:

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, He reigns at the right hand of His Father. He reigns at the same level as the Father, in other words. But, that changes once He returns, as the following indicates:

1 Corinthians 15:22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. 23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming. 24 Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power. 25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet. 26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death. 27 For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him. 28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

This passage indicates that He reigns now and will continue to reign up until His second coming after which comes the end when He delivers the kingdom that He currently reigns over to the Father. Notice in verse 27 that it says the Father has put all things under His feet with the exception of the Father Himself. Then in verse 28 it says "then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him". That is what Revelation 11:15 is talking about. Christ returns at the seventh trumpet at which point He delivers the kingdom to the Father and then the kingdom of the world becomes the kingdom of the Father. And of Christ as well since Christ will still be ruling at that point, but will be subject unto the Father, which is not the case at the moment while He reigns side by side with the Father and all judgment has been committed to Christ, as John 5:22 says.

Paul clearly did not believe in a future earthly kingdom occurring between Christ's second coming and "the end" or else he would have referred to it in that passage. You just don't get that Christ is reigning now, so when He returns, He's not going to receive a kingdom as you imagine, He is going to deliver the kingdom He's already been reigning over to the Father.

Of course. That isn't what we're disagreeing about, though. Our disagreement is that you think that occurs 1,000+ years after the return of Christ and I believe that occurs right after His return.

Well it is where we disagree. You think 1,000 years is not 1,000 years. You do not believe in a resurrection after jesus returns, followed by another resurrection 1,000 years later. but on this point, no matter what you think the 1,000 years stands for, there is a resurrection before it and one after it.

Superficially you seem correct on Puals verse in Corinthians. BUT "eita" in its context is referring to resurrections and not an apocalyptical return and establishemnt.

another problem you have. If Christ is reigning now- when di9d the Resurrection occur that raised up those who were beheaded and are reigning with Jesus now?

Status
Not open for further replies.