22 major reasons to abandon the Premil doctrine

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All believers, past, present, and future, that are sealed by the Holy Spirit partake in the future first resurrection on the last day

Ephesians 4:30KJV
30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.
This is such a ludicrous belief for an Amil to have.

Revelation 20:6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years. 7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison, 8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog, and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea. 9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.

How can you think that the first resurrection is future when this text very clearly indicates that those who have part in the first resurrection live and reign with Christ for a thousand years (not a literal thousand years, but still for a time with a beginning and end) after which Satan is loosed for a little season during which he unites people against "the camp of the saints" (the church) who are destroyed by fire?

Your view does not allow for Satan's little season to take place. It certainly will not take place after the last day when you say the first resurrection will occur. Yet, it clearly takes place after the first resurrection because it takes place after the thousand years during which those who have part in the first resurrection live and reign with Christ while Satan is bound.

Reactions: rwb

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Revelation 20:6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years. 7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison, 8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog, and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea. 9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.

How can you think that the first resurrection is future when this text very clearly indicates that those who have part in the first resurrection live and reign with Christ for a thousand years (not a literal thousand years, but still for a time with a beginning and end) after which Satan is loosed for a little season during which he unites people against "the camp of the saints" (the church) who are destroyed by fire?

Your view does not allow for Satan's little season to take place. It certainly will not take place after the last day when you say the first resurrection will occur. Yet, it clearly takes place after the first resurrection because it takes place after the thousand years during which those who have part in the first resurrection live and reign with Christ while Satan is bound.
The first resurrection is history?

Please give us the date of this divinely historic event?

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Old testament scripture does not use the exact words,but if you study it will jump out at you. You couldnt miss it. Problem is,people dont study old testament anymore. They think now rhe new testament is all thats needed. And if it is not laid out where they can just read what they are looking for they have no desire to search so the Holy Spirit can teach them. Study the scriptures. Its there.
I'm very familiar with the Old Testament, please quote your scripture to support your claim a millennial kingdom is seen in the Old Testament, Waiting?

St. Joseph

Apr 30, 2023
Arkansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm very familiar with the Old Testament, please quote your scripture to support your claim a millennial kingdom is seen in the Old Testament, Waiting?
How about Isaiah 11 for a start
Or Isaiah 2

Last edited:

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
11 And there shall come forth a rod out of the stem of Jesse, and a Branch shall grow out of his roots:

2 And the spirit of the Lord shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the Lord;

3 And shall make him of quick understanding in the fear of the Lord: and he shall not judge after the sight of his eyes, neither reprove after the hearing of his ears:

4 But with righteousness shall he judge the poor, and reprove with equity for the meek of the earth: and he shall smite the earth: with the rod of his mouth, and with the breath of his lips shall he slay the wicked.

5 And righteousness shall be the girdle of his loins, and faithfulness the girdle of his reins.

6 The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them.

7 And the cow and the bear shall feed; their young ones shall lie down together: and the lion shall eat straw like the ox.

8 And the sucking child shall play on the hole of the asp, and the weaned child shall put his hand on the cockatrice' den.

9 They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain
: for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the Lord, as the waters cover the sea.

10 And in that day there shall be a root of Jesse, which shall stand for an ensign of the people; to it shall the Gentiles seek: and his rest shall be glorious.

11 And it shall come to pass in that day, that the Lord shall set his hand again the second time to recover the remnant of his people, which shall be left, from Assyria, and from Egypt, and from Pathros, and from Cush, and from Elam, and from Shinar, and from Hamath, and from the islands of the sea.

12 And he shall set up an ensign for the nations, and shall assemble the outcasts of Israel, and gather together the dispersed of Judah from the four corners of the earth.

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Old testament scripture does not use the exact words,but if you study it will jump out at you. You couldnt miss it. Problem is,people dont study old testament anymore. They think now rhe new testament is all thats needed. And if it is not laid out where they can just read what they are looking for they have no desire to search so the Holy Spirit can teach them. Study the scriptures. Its there.
It's supposedly there, but you can't be bothered to show us even one place where it is there. LOL. Give us a break with this nonsense, please.

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The future fulfilled promise to the father towards their descendants are indeed future.

We have been included in them.

They however, are not fully implemented, as you are using partial gifts and are limited to seeing through a glass darkly.

But, if you want to pretend that you have it all and all the prophecies of Christs reign are given to you, go ahead....as you pray for many unhealed etc., folks over and over again.
There is not one iota of NT Scripture that supports your errant and defeatist claims, which is why you haven't quoted any (as usual).

You earlier advised to "hunker down". So you yourself must be a "hunkered down premiller".

I was looking for a synonym for "hunkered down premillers".

I found it.

"Losers". :laughing:

Last edited:

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Or Isaiah 2
Are you okay? That must have made you exhausted to actually give scripture references. Now, can you take the next step and show us where exactly in Isaiah 11 or Isaiah 2 that it teaches what you believe? Or is that too much to ask?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is not one iota of NT Scripture that supports your errant and defeatist claims, which is why you haven't quoted any (as usual).

You earlier advised to "hunker down". So you yourself must be a "hunkered down premiller".

I was looking for a synonym for "hunkered down premillers".

I found it.

"Losers". :laughing:
Wrong...

9 For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.

10 But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.

11 When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

Do you have the fully developed covenant or only a part of it per this passage?

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Time to blow your minds.
The Church blew your mind almost 2,000 years ago.

Romans 1
8 First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for you all, that your faith is spoken of throughout the whole world.

Romans 16
26 But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:

Colossians 1
5 For the hope which is laid up for you in heaven, whereof ye heard before in the word of the truth of the gospel;
6 Which is come unto you, as it is in all the world; and bringeth forth fruit, as it doth also in you, since the day ye heard of it, and knew the grace of God in truth:
21 And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled
22 In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight:
23 If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;

• Love

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Wrong...

9 For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.

10 But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.

11 When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

Do you have the fully developed covenant or only a part of it per this passage?
Where do you see "covenant" in these verses?

Paul is describing the finite limits of our knowledge, "we know in part".

"That which is in part shall be done away" then declares that finite knowledge will be "done away" because we will be infinite beings.

It certainly does not refer to the New Covenant.

The New Covenant is an everlasting Covenant which will never be "done away".

Hebrews 13:20
Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant.

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I quote it verbatim and it exposes itself?

It disagree's with itself?

This is why it needs a deep, internal explanation of itself?

I can quote a passage, only highlighting without saying a word and you meltdown because I did not comment on it.

This syndrome of seeking extraBiblical exegeses is AKA, "bored in the Lord".

Also, notice modern preachers are "graded" by these extraBiblical commentaries, and not by quoting scripture.

"He did a great job expounding and interpreting today"...LOL
You are an expert at twisting Scripture. I am going to try and ignore you.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

(Thousand Years) isn't literal time as you suggest it "literally" ends with Satan's season "Wrong", it does nothing more than show the Lord is outside of time in "one day is a thousand years" Revelation 20:1-6 is (The Lord Spiritual Realm) The Souls, The Dead

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

1 Thessalonians 4:16KJV
16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and
the dead in Christ shall rise first:

There are (Two) resurrections on the (Last Day) the righteous are blessed to be in the (First Resurrection) to eternal life, on such the (Second Death) resurrection has no power.

1.) (First Resurrection) To Life
2.) (Second Death) Resurrection To Damnation

Revelation 20:6KJV
Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

The (Last Day) Resurrection Of All Below

Daniel 12:1-2KJV
1 And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book.
2 And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.

John 5:28-29KJV
28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
29 And shall come forth;
they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

John 6:39-40KJV
39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing,
but should raise it up again at the last day.
40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

1 Corinthians 15:21-24KJV
21 For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.
22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.
24 Then cometh the end,
when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.

The (Last Day) Judgement

John 12:48KJV
48 He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Or Isaiah 2
Isaiah Chapters 11 & 65 Is The Very Same Place, The Eternal Kingdom, In The New Heaven And Earth, Don't Be Deceived By Claims This Represents A Millennial Kingdom On This Earth

Same Wolf & Lamb Together, And Lion Eating Straw Like The Bullock/Ox, In The Eternal Kingdom, In The New Heaven And Earth

(For, Behold, I Create New Heavens And A New Earth)

Isaiah 65:17-18 & 25KJV
17 For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.
18 But be ye glad and rejoice for ever in that which I create: for, behold, I create Jerusalem a rejoicing, and her people a joy.

25 The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, and the lion shall eat straw like the bullock: and dust shall be the serpent's meat. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain, saith the Lord.

Isaiah 11:6-7KJV
6 The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them.
7 And the cow and the bear shall feed; their young ones shall lie down together: and the lion shall eat straw like the ox.

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(Thousand Years) isn't literal time as you suggest it "literally" ends with Satan's season "Wrong",
You need to take an English course.

it does nothing more than show the Lord is outside of time in "one day is a thousand years" Revelation 20:1-6 is (The Lord Spiritual Realm) The Souls, The Dead
It very specifically indicates that Satan's little season begins AFTER the thousand years ends. Why do you ignore that? Your view does not even allow for the possibility of Satan's little season to occur.

Revelation 20:3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

Revelation 20:7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,

Reactions: rwb and WPM

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Thessalonians 4:16KJV
16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and
the dead in Christ shall rise first:

There are (Two) resurrections on the (Last Day) the righteous are blessed to be in the (First Resurrection) to eternal life, on such the (Second Death) resurrection has no power.

1.) (First Resurrection) To Life
2.) (Second Death) Resurrection To Damnation

Revelation 20:6KJV
Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

The (Last Day) Resurrection Of All Below

Daniel 12:1-2KJV
1 And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book.
2 And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.

John 5:28-29KJV
28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
29 And shall come forth;
they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

John 6:39-40KJV
39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing,
but should raise it up again at the last day.
40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

1 Corinthians 15:21-24KJV
21 For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.
22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.
24 Then cometh the end,
when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.

The (Last Day) Judgement

John 12:48KJV
48 He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.
Are you capable of reading what others are saying and then specifically addressing what they say? It seems that you never do that. Where does Satan's little season fit into your understanding of things? Can you please address that? Am I asking too much of you?

Reactions: WPM
Status
Not open for further replies.