2300 Evening-mornings of Daniel 8

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BibleScribe

Jun 17, 2011
S.W. USA
Are you still slandering the bretheren??? Is there no fear of GOD in the pursuit of your father's vitriol?

To All,

LOL, -- Where a comparison and contrast might be considered, the most obvious opposite of the word "correct", is the word "incorrect". ROFL

But where satan is the Chief Accusser of the bretheren, so too the lesser accuser. :)

BibleScribe

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
The events Christ gave His disciples upon the Mount of Olives per Matt.24 and Mark 13 are the 7 signs of the Book of Revelation. They are signs only for the end of days just prior to Christ's second coming. They are not signs of a historical chronology, like one being fulfilled in 69 A.D., then another fulfilled in 200 A.D., etc. ALL those signs are meant only for the last generation on earth, the generation of His second coming, the generation of the parable of the fig tree.

One of the signs included is the "abomination of desolation" event from the Book of Daniel, about the setting up of an idol in false worship inside the temple at Jerusalem. Antiochus Epiphenes in 170 B.C. almost fulfilled all the Dan.11 Scripture about that. Almost. It reveals how some prophecies in God's Word can have multiple blueprint patterns until all the prophetic parameters are fulfilled in final.

Yet because Jesus' first coming and Ministry was what, 200 years after Antiochus did that in Jerusalem; Christ's disciples would have well known He was speaking of the same kind of thing happening again in the future. And that future event of the abomination setup in Jerusalem is... for the end of days (our times) when the pseud-Christ shows up.

When Christ referred to the generation of the parable of the fig tree being when those things would come to pass, He was speaking of a timeframe involving a single generation, a generation when God would fulfill His promise to bring Judah back into the holy land and not remove them again. That happened in 1948 when Israel became a nation again by U.N. Charter vote. So that started the generation of the parable of the fig tree when to start looking for those 7 signs He gave.

This is why the Roman's destruction of Jerusalem and the temple in 69 A.D. is not one of those signs, but can only serve as a blueprint pattern of one of those signs, for a future final destruction, just like Antiochus served as blueprint pattern in 170 B.C. for the final "abomination of desolation" sign Christ gave.

If the Roman destruction of Jerusalem was the real fulfillment of one of those signs, then all those other signs Christ gave there should have been fulfilled in that same generation also. They weren't. It means keep looking until they're all fulfilled together, in the same generation, with the very last sign He gave being about His return and our gathering to Him.

BibleScribe

Jun 17, 2011
S.W. USA
Veteran,

If you can read the words right in front of you, (Daniel, Chapter 8), to arrive to the 2,300, -- what makes you think you can read Daniel 11 (which you have NO idea what that prophecy is for), or parables, or anything else?

If the obvious is too difficult, I'd stongly suggest you avoid the obscure.

BibleScribe

BibleScribe

Jun 17, 2011
S.W. USA
To All,

In my estimation, of Daniel's prophecies, the 8th Chapter is the most difficult prophecy to resolve, -- with one exception which I will not go into at this time. Thus "veteran" DOES have is work cut out for him, -- and also many others who have attempted to explain certain aspects presented in this Chapter. One can merely read the multiple opinions regarding the 2,300, but in EVERY instance, these views are not tempered with preceding or subsequent verses. These individuals simply propose a fulfillment for that single aspect.

So where I would propose that this prophecy is more challenging than Chapters 2, 7, & 11, I would equally assert that the solution is well within our grasp. For GOD has provided this information with the expectation that HIS creation should be able to understand it. And where some lack that circumstance, then GOD also provided "teachers". (Please be aware that I fully advise ANY teaching to be judged in context with Scripture, and History as appropriate.)

But if these individuals prefer to wear themselves out with theories, then that's equally their option:

Genesis 19:11 And they struck the men who were at the doorway of the house with blindness, both small and great, so that they became weary trying to find the door.

BibleScribe

BibleScribe

Jun 17, 2011
S.W. USA
To All,

Please allow me to provide a Reply as posted in the Topic: "How close is the Seven Year Tribulation":
http://www.christianityboard.com/topic/14089-how-close-is-the-seven-year-tribulation/page__st__210

To All,

Please be aware that Daniel 12:4 & 9 DEMAND that the prophecies are end-time. Thus I would anticipate that era as approximate to 1948. As such, I would equally observe that a Grecian Empires (~230 BC) assigned ~fulfillment~ not only fails to meet the prophetic specifics (for which it CERTAINLY fails), but that one of the three superpowers does meet the Scriptural dictate:

DANIEL 8:14 “Out of one of them came forth a little horn, which grew exceedingly great toward the south, toward the east, and toward the glorious land.”

Of course we probably should start at the beginning of this 8th Chapter to properly present the full context, however, for a simple snapshot, please allow the following:

Between the years 882 and 1200 A.D., Russia existed as an approximate 80,000 square mile country just east of modern Poland. This region struggled against the Vikings to the north and the Batya’s Mongols to the east. Peaceful Khazars lived to the south, just north of the Black Sea. The navigable north-south river waterway trade routes provided a region rich in commerce, with natural defensive lines.

In 972 the Russians handily defeated the Khazars to the south, gaining territory to the Black Sea, only to have the fierce Polovsty’s occupy the same land by 1093. By 1147, Moscow established itself as the commercial center of Russia. The 1200’s saw the Russians and Polovsty’s unite (toward the south”) in daunting attempts to withstand the Mongol hordes. By the 1500’s the Mongol threat had evaporated, the Russians expanded toward the east” across the former land of the Mongols, and subsequently colonized Alaska* in 1815.[1]

The last portion of this prophecy, and toward the glorious land,” has yet to be fulfilled, and is described in Ezekiel 38 & 39, and in Daniel 11:40-44.

[1] Geoffrey Barraclough, The Times Atlas of World History, Revised Edition, Hammond Inc., NJ, 1984, p. 114, 128, 230

BibleScribe

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
In the Matt.24 and Mark 13 prophecy Christ gave about the generation of the parable of the fig tree, it involves a SINGLE generation living in the very end of this world when Christ Jesus returns. It is not about any other generation.

BibleScribe

Jun 17, 2011
S.W. USA
Hi Veteran,

I'm not sure what your point is. Are you suggesting that the concise sequence of world history as provided in this 8th chapter is not as accurate as a simile, or an analogy, or a metaphor, or an allegory? When you see the speed limit sign, do you insist that the broad statement, "Drive Safely", will relieve you from obeying the Posted Limit? Don't you have the hierarchy backwards, such that the analogy is clarified by the specifics?

So where you grasp the obscure, is the concise of no report? Are you going to far as to suggest that Scripture is incorrect as to offer those specifics?

I would most strongly propose that you reconsider your ~logic~.

BibleScribe