25 questions that prove that ancient Chiliasm was a different animal to modern Premil

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's exactly what happens to me too. I have to withdraw myself completely when a-mills do this, knowing that Jesus is not impressed with all the knowledge in the world, nor the understanding we or anyone else 'thinks' we have, if we are not producing the fruit of the Spirit.

Again, your experience has also been mine - word for word of what you describe above.

Anyway I just realized that I was just being foolish thinking it was a good idea to come here and read what are the opinions of amils about what the ECF believed. Quite clearly they are no less inclined to misinterpret what the ECF wrote than they are to misinterpret what the scriptures say, interpreting it all in such a way as to make sure that all the writings of scripture and of the ECF aligns with their "Holy Amillennial Faith", and flatly ignoring any statements that contradict their faith.

Thank you. I surely appreciate the consolation and knowing I'm not alone in feeling the way I do! Hope springs eternal, however, and I always remain optimistic when dealing with brothers and sisters in the Lord. It's what I live for. When I fail, I just try to brush the dirt off, get back up, and try again.

Certainly, at some point, I need to walk away and perhaps never come back. I did that not too long ago on a forum that was populated by Christians but led by someone transitioning to a female! ;) They temporarily cut me off, and I never went back.

And so, I think you have sage advice and real wisdom in warning about getting too wrapped up in these Amill "proofs." They would treat Church Father quotes the same way they would treat a Scripture passage that contradicts their position, such as Rev 20.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But that isn't being done. Instead, there is this "political bloc" of Amils who band together to insult anybody not up to their standards of "truth." At least it comes across to me as such.
There are a lot of personal negative comments made by a handful of members, this debate, the Trinity/Deity debate, the water baptism debate. Lot's of condescension, insult, just poor manners, poor discipline, and poor arguments. This had been a good forum for a while, but it's face has really changed recently. I'm fine with loose moderation, but this kind of free-for-all isn't healthy.

Much love!

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are a lot of personal negative comments made by a handful of members, this debate, the Trinity/Deity debate, the water baptism debate. Lot's of condescension, insult, just poor manners, poor discipline, and poor arguments. This had been a good forum for a while, but it's face has really changed recently. I'm fine with loose moderation, but this kind of free-for-all isn't healthy.

Much love!

Yea, I need to work on myself a bit more. It's a little more difficult sometimes, when everything in your personal life is going south. We have our major gyrations, our ups and downs. Recently we were given COVID by "friends" who we warned to stay away, and didn't.

And in our current business, we've lost quite a bit of money and have been abused by all of the COVID problems--delivery problems, worker problems, etc. But it's no excuse. We need to be in season and out of season, and frankly, always "seasoned with salt." Thanks for your comments. The slap of the wise sometimes wakes up fools. :)

Reactions: marks

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But the Bible says it differently. Revelation 20 tells us that Satan is chained up when Jesus Returns and will be unable to deceive anyone for the next thousand years. THEN he is released for a short time and after that; is annihilated, along with all those whose names are not found in the Book of Life.
So all the waffle and convoluted arguments of AMill, are just a load of tripe.
Chilliast would be a good name for a refrigeration engineer, but is quite useless for the truth about Satans doings.

Any reliance on the ECF's, or other expounder of theories that conflict with scripture, should be avoided.
Satan is "Currently" bound from "One Specific Purpose", And One Only?

"Deceive The Nations" To Battle

The Non-Literal 1,000 Years (Revelation) 20:1-6 Are Taking Place Now In The Lords Spiritual, And Will Cease At The Future Second Coming

If A Tribulation Saint Were To Die One Day Before The Second Coming, He Enters Into The Non-Literal 1,000 Year Reign

Many That Promote Millennialism Falsely Teach, Satan Cant Be Presently Bound Because Evil Exist In The World?

Satan Is Presently Bound As Is Clearly Seen In (Revelation) 20:7-8 Below That Interprets (Deceive The Nations) Is To Battle, Not General Evil In The World Presently.

Satan Is Loosed At The End Of The Tribulation When The 6th Vial Is Poured Out As Seen In (Revelation) 16:12, The Deception Is Devils In False Miracles Going Forth To The Kings Of The Earth, To Gather Them To The Final Battle

(Revelation) 20:1-9KJV
1 And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.
2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,
3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.
4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.
6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.
7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,
8 And shall go out to deceive the nations
which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog, and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.
9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.

(Revelation) 16:12-14 & (Revelation) 20:7-8 Same Deception In Gathering The Nations To The Very Same Final Battle In "Parallel" Teachings Of The Same Event

(Revelation) 16:12-17KJV
12 And the sixth angel poured out his vial upon the great river Euphrates; and the water thereof was dried up, that the way of the kings of the east might be prepared.
13 And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet.
14 For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty.
15 Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame.
16 And he gathered them together into a place called in the Hebrew tongue Armageddon.
17 And the seventh angel poured out his vial into the air; and there came a great voice out of the temple of heaven, from the throne, saying, It is done.

Last edited:

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Satan is "Currently" bound from "One Specific Purpose", And One Only?
Absolute nonsense.
Satan is as 1 Peter 5:8 describes him. He and his minions, are constantly encouraging people to sin.
When Satan is released after the thousand years, THEN his aim is to deceive the nations. Revelation 20:7-8

It will soon be too late to change beliefs to what the Prophetic Word actually does say. It will soon be upon us all and then it's happening.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Absolute nonsense.
Satan is as 1 Peter 5:8 describes him. He and his minions, are constantly encouraging people to sin.
When Satan is released after the thousand years, THEN his aim is to deceive the nations. Revelation 20:7-8

It will soon be too late to change beliefs to what the Prophetic Word actually does say. It will soon be upon us all and then it's happening.
Many That Promote Millennialism Falsely Teach, Satan Cant Be Presently Bound Because Evil Exist In The World

Satan Is Presently Bound As Is Clearly Seen In (Revelation) 20:7-8 That Interprets (Deceive The Nations) Is To Battle, Not General Evil In The World Presently.

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And so, I think you have sage advice and real wisdom in warning about getting too wrapped up in these Amill "proofs." They would treat Church Father quotes the same way they would treat a Scripture passage that contradicts their position, such as Rev 20.

Everything you accuse Amils of is exactly how you function. Stop turning it around to justify your ill-advised campaign.

Reactions: Truth7t7

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's exactly what happens to me too. I have to withdraw myself completely when a-mills do this, knowing that Jesus is not impressed with all the knowledge in the world, nor the understanding we or anyone else 'thinks' we have, if we are not producing the fruit of the Spirit.

Again, your experience has also been mine - word for word of what you describe above.

Anyway I just realized that I was just being foolish thinking it was a good idea to come here and read what are the opinions of amils about what the ECF believed. Quite clearly they are no less inclined to misinterpret what the ECF wrote than they are to misinterpret what the scriptures say, interpreting it all in such a way as to make sure that all the writings of scripture and of the ECF aligns with their "Holy Amillennial Faith", and flatly ignoring any statements that contradict their faith.

Why do Premils always want to play the victim when they are the biggest perpetrators of this?

Sad!

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Everything you accuse Amils of is exactly how you function. Stop turning it around to justify your ill-advised campaign.

My only "campaign" is to defend what I believe to be Bible. I have no personal animosity towards you or towards Amils. Some of my best friends are Amils. I just have concerns about the side effects of being an Amil. ;)

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just have concerns about the side effects of being an Amil. ;)

You cannot help your open-ended insults. It is who you are and what you do.

The only side effect from Amil is deeply appreciating Christ more for His one final sacrifice for sin, His current glorious kingly authority over His enemies, the blessed hope we have of being finally and eternally delivered from every vestige of the bondage of corruption and the destruction of every enemy of righteousness forever when He returns, and the introduction of a perfect pristine arrangement at His coming for us to enjoy with Him forever. Premils promote the opposite.

Last edited:

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You cannot help your open-ended insults. It is who you are and what you do.

The only side effect from Amil is deeply appreciating Christ more for His one final sacrifice for sin, His current glorious kingly authority over His enemies, the blessed hope we have of being finally and eternally delivered from every vestige of the bondage of corruption and the destruction of every enemy of righteousness forever when He returns, and the introduction of a perfect pristine arrangement at His coming for us to enjoy with Him forever. Premils promote the opposite.

Actually it's you here who are insulting me for my position and out of personal animosity. Your "spiritual deliverance" seems to fall short, despite your claim that your Amill theology gives you that guarantee.

You are quite wrong that Premill teaches the opposite of..
1) one final sacrifice for sin
2) his current glorious kingly authority over his enemies
3I) the blessed hope
4) eternal deliverance from every vestige of the bondage of corruption
5) the destruction of every enemy of righteousness forever when he returns
6i) the introduction of a perfect pristine arrangement at his coming for us to enjoy wit him forever

It is an absolute *lie* to say otherwise. Premills do not believe the Kingdom is already here, that the Millennium is already here. But we certainly believe Jesus is seated at the right hand of God Almighty, and that when Jesus comes he will reward us with perfection and immortality.

What on earth gives you the right to claim we teach the opposite of these things? Sounds like you need a thorough evaluation of your spiritual condition?

No matter how right or wrong Amill theology may be, it isn't helping you personally when you say things like this. You have a vested interest in destroying Premillennialism as if it is your own personal enemy. And I don't believe God has called you to do this.

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually it's you here who are insulting me for my position and out of personal animosity. Your "spiritual deliverance" seems to fall short, despite your claim that your Amill theology gives you that guarantee.

You are quite wrong that Premill teaches the opposite of..
1) one final sacrifice for sin
2) his current glorious kingly authority over his enemies
3I) the blessed hope
4) eternal deliverance from every vestige of the bondage of corruption
5) the destruction of every enemy of righteousness forever when he returns
6i) the introduction of a perfect pristine arrangement at his coming for us to enjoy wit him forever

It is an absolute *lie* to say otherwise. Premills do not believe the Kingdom is already here, that the Millennium is already here. But we certainly believe Jesus is seated at the right hand of God Almighty, and that when Jesus comes he will reward us with perfection and immortality.

What on earth gives you the right to claim we teach the opposite of these things? Sounds like you need a thorough evaluation of your spiritual condition?

No matter how right or wrong Amill theology may be, it isn't helping you personally when you say things like this. You have a vested interest in destroying Premillennialism as if it is your own personal enemy. And I don't believe God has called you to do this.

You know that this is not true and yet you still state it.
  1. Most Premils teach that the cross was not the final sacrifice for sin, believing in numerous further sacrifices for sin in a future millennium.
  2. Premils reject that Jesus is currently reigning over His enemies. They claim that is still future.
  3. Premils reject the blessed hope of being finally and eternally delivered from every vestige of the bondage of corruption at the second coming (including you), promoting a continuation of the same for 1000 years+ after this climactic return.
  4. Premils reject the destruction of every enemy of righteousness forever when He returns. Their age to come is full of many enemies of God and the redeemed.
  5. Premils reject the introduction of a perfect pristine arrangement at His coming. Their millennium is corrupted by more sin and sinners, deception and being deceived, crying and dying, disease and decay, war and terror, Satan and his devils.
Please keep to the facts!

Marilyn C

Mar 16, 2016
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
  1. Most Premils teach that the cross was not the final sacrifice for sin, believing in numerous further sacrifices for sin in a future millennium.
  2. Premils reject that Jesus is currently reigning over His enemies. They claim that is still future.
  3. Premils reject the blessed hope of being finally and eternally delivered from every vestige of the bondage of corruption at the second coming (including you), promoting a continuation of the same for 1000 years+ after this climactic return.
  4. Premils reject the destruction of every enemy of righteousness forever when He returns. Their age to come is full of many enemies of God and the redeemed.
  5. Premils reject the introduction of a perfect pristine arrangement at His coming. Their millennium is corrupted by more sin and sinners, deception and being deceived, crying and dying, disease and decay, war and terror, Satan and his devils.
Please keep to the facts!

Hi WPM,

Your view sounds like a one size fits all type of scenario. `The wicked witch caused trouble then the hero comes and hey presto all is magically fixed.`

God has greater plans and purposes than just fixing up this ole earth and you and me. God created this earth and everything and everyone in it, and never gave it away. (Ps. 24:1) God planned in His omniscience that He Son would not only rule over those on the earth, but those in the universal realm, and finally in the third heaven, the angelic realm. (Eph. 1: 9 & 10)

You seem to have missed understanding the Son of Man`s glorious work as kinsman Redeemer. You see it involves 4 stages of responsibility, some of which have yet to be fulfilled. Worth looking into to gain more appreciation of what the Lord has done, is doing and will finally finish.

Marilyn.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Most Premils teach that the cross was not the final sacrifice for sin, believing in numerous further sacrifices for sin in a future millennium.

How many times do I have to answer this, while you just continue to assert it as if I've answered it not at all? Premills of the Non-Dispensationalist kind do *not* teach there will be further animal sacrifices in the Millennium. So no, Premills cannot be generalized as rejecting Christ's exclusive atonement.

2ndly, Dispensationalists, despite their sometimes belief in the restoration of animal sacrifices for Israel, do not believe these things have any redemptive value. In other words, Christ retains his exclusive atonement.

Do you realize that Dispensationalists do generally believe in the exclusive Atonement of Christ? There may be fringe outliers who actually believe future animal sacrifices will provide for Israel's redemption. But who are these people?

Premils reject that Jesus is currently reigning over His enemies. They claim that is still future.

Apparently you don't understand Premill very well. We believe the Kingdom of heaven will one day reign on earth when Christ comes the 2nd time. This doesn't mean we don't believe Jesus is presently sitting on the right hand of God, ruling over the universe.

He has chosen not to force his Kingdom upon this earth just yet. That's why Satan is still reigning, and that's why the antichrists have been coming, and why the Antichrist will come just before the 2nd Coming.

Premils reject the blessed hope of being finally and eternally delivered from every vestige of the bondage of corruption at the second coming (including you), promoting a continuation of the same for 1000 years+ after this climactic return.

You are being misleading. We believe the saints of the present age will, at the 1st Resurrection, experience a complete deliverance from mortality and sin. And then we will rule over the Millennial Earth, which will be improved, but not yet perfect.

Premils reject the destruction of every enemy of righteousness forever when He returns. Their age to come is full of many enemies of God and the redeemed.

On the contrary, Christ destroys Antichrist and his forces completely at his 2nd Coming. The rule of the immortal Church in the age to come will prevent enemies from having their way.

God allows a final brief rebellion, which will be immediately crushed. This is not a sin-cursed earth, but an earth in which the knowledge of God covers the earth as the waters cover the sea.

Premils reject the introduction of a perfect pristine arrangement at His coming. Their millennium is corrupted by more sin and sinners, deception and being deceived, crying and dying, disease and decay, war and terror, Satan and his devils. Please keep to the facts!

Yes, please do keep to the facts. You deliberately mischaracterize Premillism to make it sound like Premills are heretics, rejecting biblical truths. You are putting an Amill spin on all of these points so that when Premills reject them as Amill you claim that they are rejecting biblical doctrines. They don't, and you're being very deceptive in doing this.

Premills believe in a Millennial Age ruled by the glorious Church. Mortals who are still sin-infested live during this age, but are kept restrained and in a state of relative calm on earth. It will be a glorious age of fulfillment of the promises God gave to Abraham. Your mischaracterization is clearly false. It does not properly depict Premill belief.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Premills believe in a Millennial Age ruled by the glorious Church. Mortals who are still sin-infested live during this age, but are kept restrained and in a state of relative calm on earth. It will be a glorious age of fulfillment of the promises God gave to Abraham. Your mischaracterization is clearly false. It does not properly depict Premill belief.
Is there going to be a police department and jails to restrain these sin infested Mortals, with doctors and hospitals administering tranquilizers and drugs, to keep things calm?

Is Jesus going to be the chief funeral director, burying the sin infested mortals when they die around him?

Sounds like a Sci-Fi Sequel in the Tim LA Haye (Left Behind Series)

Last edited:

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How many times do I have to answer this, while you just continue to assert it as if I've answered it not at all?

I think your post verifies what I was told years ago: inside every single Premillennialist is an Amillennialist trying to get out. You are trying to attribute Amil qualities to the Premil world to come that are alien to your theology. I will use some examples simply to illustrate. We all know, you can put lipstick on a pig, but it is still a pig. You are trying to dress Premillennialism in Amil garb, but it doesn't fit. It will never fit. A man can dress up in women's clothes and parade himself as a drag queen, but he is still a man. The two beliefs are so diverse. You are portraying an Premillennialism that does not exist. You know that! Sadly, you are posting fake news here.

I will take this as a commendation of the Amil position. Imitation is the greatest form of flattery.

Premills of the Non-Dispensationalist kind do *not* teach there will be further animal sacrifices in the Millennium. So no, Premills cannot be generalized as rejecting Christ's exclusive atonement.

2ndly, Dispensationalists, despite their sometimes belief in the restoration of animal sacrifices for Israel, do not believe these things have any redemptive value. In other words, Christ retains his exclusive atonement.

Do you realize that Dispensationalists do generally believe in the exclusive Atonement of Christ? There may be fringe outliers who actually believe future animal sacrifices will provide for Israel's redemption. But who are these people?

This is totally untrue. One just has to read back over this past three weeks on this forum to see how many non-Dispensationallist Premillennialists advocate the restoration of innocent animal sin offerings in the future in their future millennium. So it is wrong to say otherwise. What is more, when the subject comes up on forums like this, it is only Amillennialists that rebut these preposterous claims.

Read the recent posts of nearly all the Premils on here like Keraz, CadyandZoe, Truther, Marks and Ronald Nolette and they all promote this error. This is a classic Premil belief. All Amils reject this nonsense. They believe Jesus is the final sacrifice for sin. He is the one and only priest. They believe the old covenant is forever abolished.

Apparently you don't understand Premill very well. We believe the Kingdom of heaven will one day reign on earth when Christ comes the 2nd time. This doesn't mean we don't believe Jesus is presently sitting on the right hand of God, ruling over the universe.

He has chosen not to force his Kingdom upon this earth just yet. That's why Satan is still reigning, and that's why the antichrists have been coming, and why the Antichrist will come just before the 2nd Coming.

Not true! You or no Premil here teaches that Jesus is currently reigning over His enemies until He finally destroys them all at His climactic return. Your doctrine populates your future millennium with billions of enemies.

You are being misleading. We believe the saints of the present age will, at the 1st Resurrection, experience a complete deliverance from mortality and sin. And then we will rule over the Millennial Earth, which will be improved, but not yet perfect.

Is there sin in your future millennium? Yes!
Is there sinners in your future millennium? Yes!
Is there mortals in your future millennium? Yes!
Is there mortality in your future millennium? Yes!
Is there disease in your future millennium? Yes!
Is there decay in your future millennium? Yes!
Is there sin in your future millennium? Yes!

Then the bondage of corruption has not been banished. Hello!

On the contrary, Christ destroys Antichrist and his forces completely at his 2nd Coming. The rule of the immortal Church in the age to come will prevent enemies from having their way.

God allows a final brief rebellion, which will be immediately crushed. This is not a sin-cursed earth, but an earth in which the knowledge of God covers the earth as the waters cover the sea.

Sorry? "The rule of the immortal Church in the age to come will prevent enemies from having their way." But they are still there! Hello! Who do you you think that you are kidding? You just admitted the opposite of what you just claimed. These subjugated rebels arise in their billions to overrun and overthrow your millennium at the end. So much for success and millennial bliss. Satan has a season to gather all the nations of the world together to surround Jesus and the glorified saints 1000 years after the second coming. This of course is another Premil fairy tale.

Yes, please do keep to the facts. You deliberately mischaracterize Premillism to make it sound like Premills are heretics, rejecting biblical truths. You are putting an Amill spin on all of these points so that when Premills reject them as Amill you claim that they are rejecting biblical doctrines. They don't, and you're being very deceptive in doing this.

Where does it actually teach that in Revelation 20? Nowhere! This is all of your own imagination. How about giving us hard Scripture instead of your opinions all the time. That exemplifies Premil in a nutshell.

Last edited:

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi WPM,

Your view sounds like a one size fits all type of scenario. `The wicked witch caused trouble then the hero comes and hey presto all is magically fixed.`

God has greater plans and purposes than just fixing up this ole earth and you and me. God created this earth and everything and everyone in it, and never gave it away. (Ps. 24:1) God planned in His omniscience that He Son would not only rule over those on the earth, but those in the universal realm, and finally in the third heaven, the angelic realm. (Eph. 1: 9 & 10)

You seem to have missed understanding the Son of Man`s glorious work as kinsman Redeemer. You see it involves 4 stages of responsibility, some of which have yet to be fulfilled. Worth looking into to gain more appreciation of what the Lord has done, is doing and will finally finish.

Marilyn.

What are you talking about? Jesus testified after His resurrection: “All power [or authority] is given unto me in heaven and in earth” (Matthew 28:18).

Jesus rules and reigns today over all creation. There is nothing that is not under His feet. What He says goes! This is biblical bedrock! This is a foundational Christian truth.

I mean, how much more power than “all power ... in heaven and in earth” does He need to exercise power and authority over His enemies?

This proves that Christ has already come and now exercises kingship today over all mankind. It means: He carries the Father’s divine authority. He is currently enthroned. This is Sovereign power! He holds this today upon His Father’s throne as God and upon David’s throne as Messiah. Him and the Father are one spiritually in authority.

In our main text this morning, Jesus is described in Revelation 3:7 as, he that hath the key (or authority) of David, he that openeth, and no man shutteth; and shutteth, and no man openeth.

He holds all power (without qualification). After all, He is God! God either causes or permits - as He is God and He is sovereign. Simple! That is an explicit biblical truth and a Christian fundamental. The powerful language that accompanies the mention of Christ holding the key of David proves that this is referring to His majestic power and might. It says, “he that hath the key of David, he that openeth, and no man shutteth; and shutteth, and no man openeth.” This speaks of spiritual power. The key allows Christ to sovereignly open and shut in a way that no man can thwart or override.

He reigns today over the seen and the unseen world making every power and every authority “subject unto him.”

Heaven’s authority is bestowed upon Christ. He is God! Colossians 2:9-10, 14-15 confirms: "For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross; And having spoiled (or divested or disarmed) principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.”

He rules intimately over His spiritual kingdom as Messiah and sovereignly over the physical kingdoms of the world and over all mankind as God.

He rules intimately over His spiritual kingdom as Saviour and sovereignly over the physical kingdoms of the world and over all mankind as Lord.

1 Peter 3:22 says, that Christ, “who is gone into heaven, and is on the right hand of God (now!!!); angels and authorities and powers being (currently!!!) made subject unto him.”

Without a doubt Christ is reigning over His enemies since the resurrection, waiting for their final predetermined put down. Those who question Christ’s current reign do great assault upon the truth of God’s Word and undermine the current sovereign kingly position that He now assuredly holds. They also circumvent clear New Testament writings that teach Christ is reigning now.

1 Timothy 6:13-16 says, “I give thee charge in the sight of God, who quickeneth all things, and before Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed a good confession; That thou keep this commandment without spot, unrebukeable, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate (dunastes or ruler, great authority or mighty), the King of kings, and Lord of lords; Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.”

He is going to reveal to mankind, time, and to the natural, what He is now in heaven, the invisible realm and in eternity. He "is (indeed) the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords.”

This all confirms my previous contention after years of debating this matter in my 13 major reasons why I abandoned the Premil doctrine: Premil is constantly exalting the power and influence of Satan and diluting the sovereign power and influence of Christ. That is nowhere more evident than in their constant rubbishing of Christ’s current kingship over His enemies at the right hand of majesty on high. Whether they mean to or not, Premils are always highlighting what Satan is doing in our day instead of what Christ is doing. Premil portrays a BIG devil and a small god, Amil has a small devil and a BIG God. In Premil, Satan seems sovereign in this age and God is curtailed. Premils are always lauding the ability of Satan since the cross. In Amil, Christ is sovereign and Satan is curtailed. Amils are always lauding the ability of Christ since the cross. As a consequence, Premil portrays an impotent beat-down New Testament Church, whereas Amil sees a victorious potent New Testament Church invading the nations with the good news of Christ and subjugating the powers of darkness as they do so. In Amil Christ reigns over all creation as God and His new creation as Saviour.

If Christ is not already King of kings, then neither is He already Lord of lords. But Revelation 17:14 tell us: "These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful."

Reactions: covenantee

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just have concerns about the side effects of being an Amil. ;)

So, what exactly are "the side effects of being an Amil" that you "have concerns about"?

Last edited: