2nd Kingdom Hall Meeting.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

LC627

May 11, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does this mean that in spite of everything you are still committed to this group of misguided people? The longer you hang around, the less chance for you to break away and get this matter settled.

That's a good question...

LC627

May 11, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Mister Michael Following Jesus requires sacrifice. It involves conflict within families/friends and Jesus reassures us that if the world hates us (which it does), it hated Him first. It is not always easy...but always worth it. Persecution comes with praise to God.

Luke 14:26 - If anyone comes to me and does not hate father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters-yes, even their own life-such a person cannot be my disciple.

Reactions: Mister Michael

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
could you tell me some of the threats they've made please?

i wish you actually explained instead of using that word to criticize.
My apologies, I thought we had already adequately been over things:
The entirety of the meeting (as you summed it up) was about how the world outside (including other Christians) is evil and dangerous, and "parents do you know where your kids are?" The threat that the evil world is going to get them.

It's the exact same as the "stay in the boat" discussion we had earlier.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
i am wanting to get out how ever i am still afraid to leave.
MM, some cults can be vengeful, so your fear may be well-founded. Not sure what these people might to do you if you leave them or expose them. There were some murders of dissenters reported among the Mormons from earlier on.

"Numerous firsthand accounts of the early days of Mormonism amply documented the truth that "holy murder" had indeed been practiced by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. These executions, carried out by a private police force known as the "High Police," took various forms in keeping with the temple oaths. Slitting the throat is the one most commonly mentioned. Presumably once this one has been inflicted, the others are no longer necessary. These ceremonial killings were described euphemistically as "saving" the victim, as in "Where is so and so? We haven't seen him lately." "Oh, didn't you hear? He got 'saved' the other night." "Fed him to the catfish" had its place as did the phrases "used him up," "slipped his breath," "put him out of the way," and "sent him over the rim." After the migration to Utah, the term "salt him down in the lake" came into vogue."
Mormonism: A Latter Day Deception poetlist=ChapterThree.htm

However, if there is any possibility of you moving to another city or town, give that some serious thought. Once you have made all your arrangements, SAY NOTHING TO ANYONE, and simply disappear. Perhaps research a sound Bible church location first, arrange for a new job in that town or city, then walk away altogether, and get on with your Christian life.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
MM, some cults can be vengeful, so your fear may be well-founded. Not sure what these people might to do you if you leave them or expose them. There were some murders of dissenters reported among the Mormons from earlier on.
Actual Mormon here:
The quote you're posting and rest of the link (yes, I checked it out) are full of fear-based mongroling and blatantly false information. If you to talk about it more in another venue, we can. But no Mormons don't kill people who leave the faith. Heck, I talked to my ex-Mormon aunt twice today for advice and comfort about some real-life stuff going on.

How about instead we focus our efforts in this thread on teaching about the God of Love?

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sean,
As you should know by now, the LAST place you are going to get straight facts about any group is a site that openly declares they are dead-set against them. (I call them "Hate Sites.")

Mister Michael

Sep 13, 2018
Florida
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
Sean,
As you should know by now, the LAST place you are going to get straight facts about any group is a site that openly declares they are dead-set against them. (I call them "Hate Sites.")
what hate sites are you talking about.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
what hate sites are you talking about.
This is a good piece of general advise. It came up because of the hate-against-Mormons site that was linked earlier. But I have also seen plenty of hate-against-JW sites, hate-against-Christianity-in-general sites, etc. They're just bad places to get info or perspectives from.

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are not saying to be afraid to look at them some (they are often good for a laugh), but just don't make the mistake of using them for any facts.

Mister Michael

Sep 13, 2018
Florida
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
Yes, make several Christian friends first.... it will help you feel less lonely and ostracized.
i am sadly not the most social person i will only talk to people if i know them for at least a year.

i am not great at saying hi to people.