30 Reasons To Quit Social Media

  • Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

    You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

    We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TitusTwoWife

Encounter Team
Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 26, 2026
751
998
93
31
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gender
Female
Thankfully our brains can adapt to change in just a few days. Within a week of being creative and trying to focus more, I seemed to be able to do those things much easier than before.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Episkopos

Riven

Well-Known Member
Jul 6, 2024
1,796
1,384
113
38
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gender
Male
Internet forums will always be better than toxic social media, love the classic interfaces too
Well said. It's a very early 2000's vibe, but those were good times. I always found this format to be more personal than Twitter or something like that. :gd
 
  • Like
Reactions: ilovelindsay

Riven

Well-Known Member
Jul 6, 2024
1,796
1,384
113
38
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gender
Male
I really could have used a machine like this when stripping sod in my backyard. I had to do it by hand and it wasn't anywhere near as satisfying as this... :confused

 

TitusTwoWife

Encounter Team
Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 26, 2026
751
998
93
31
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gender
Female
The best thing about Facebook admittedly was being able to join groups with like minded people. I joined a Traditional Christian Wives group and I got a great friendship out of it. But my friend and I both left Facebook afterward.

If there were some sort of Unchurched Christians who love Scripture group, Id reactivate my account just to join it.
 

ShineTheLight

Well-Known Member
May 7, 2021
686
726
93
39
Beaverton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gender
Male
Well said. It's a very early 2000's vibe, but those were good times. I always found this format to be more personal than Twitter or something like that. :gd

2002 was when I started to go on internet forums and interact with people. I remember a lot of places I used to go to.

Online forums/message boards were at their best during the mid 2000s and late 2000s. They started to go on the decline somewhere in the 2010s.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Riven

Riven

Well-Known Member
Jul 6, 2024
1,796
1,384
113
38
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gender
Male
2002 was when I started to go on internet forums and interact with people. I remember a lot of places I used to go to.

Online forums/message boards were at their best during the mid 2000s and late 2000s. They started to go on the decline somewhere in the 2010s.
It was 2002 for me as well. I used to design forum signatures in Photoshop back then, or sigs for short. Good times. :gd
 

TitusTwoWife

Encounter Team
Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 26, 2026
751
998
93
31
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gender
Female
I have not missed Facebook, although I still use its messaging service. My main account there is disabled.

Facebook gave me the ick. I'd see all kinds of mom content with "revolutionary" new parenting styles from some influencer. I'd see all kinds of culture war rage bait with feminists and dudebro mgtow guys. Constant campaigns vying for my support and attention.

My empathy is limited. I can't afford to have it exhausted by some platform.
 
  • Like
Reactions: marks