32 Things About Charles Spurgeon

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe that Charles Spurgeon was a man of God, and I would say that he is an influence on me. I came across this blog entry today that listed some facts about his life; some of them I knew, but some of them certainly testify to how God worked so strongly through this man's life:

1. One woman was converted through reading a single page of one of Spurgeon’s sermons wrapped around some butter she had bought.
5. When Charles Spurgeon was only 10 years old, a visiting missionary, Richard Knill, said that the young Spurgeon would one day preach the gospel to thousands and would preach in Rowland Hill’s chapel, the largest Dissenting church in London. His words were fulfilled.
17. During his lifetime, Spurgeon is estimated to have preached to 10,000,000 people.
19. Testing the acoustics in the vast Agricultural Hall, Spurgeon shouted, “Behold the Lamb of God which taketh away the sin of the world.” A worker high in the rafters of the building heard this and became converted to Christ as a result.
31. Spurgeon spoke out so strongly against slavery that American publishers of his sermons began deleting his remarks on the subject.
See the rest here: http://www.patheos.com/blogs/borntoreform/2013/01/32-things-you-might-not-know-about-charles-spurgeon/

It's really worth the quick read, regardless of your background.