3d/3n is NOT an idiom!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do you manage to, I agree with both of you that '~3d/3n in Matthew 12:40~' is NOT an idiom. Never did!
And never said '~3d/3n in Matthew 12:40~' = '72 hours'!
Have only and always maintained '~3d/3n in Matthew 12:40~' refers to "three days thick darkness" of the SUFFERING, DEATH, BURIAL AND RESURRECTION OF THE FIRSTBORN OR FIRST SHEAF OF THE PASSOVER OF YAHWEH.

Does your Rabbi believe that, and you agree with him rather than with Scripture?!
Yea, sure.... Whatever you want to believe, knock yourself out. I'm sorry, but I have no idea where to even begin to try to understand whatever your theory is.

I stand by what I said. 3 Days and 3 nights is not an idiom. Jesus died on Wednesday and resurrected sometime before the first day of the week started (what we call Saturday, 6 PM). It's the only way everything fits together perfectly.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Yea, sure.... Whatever you want to believe, knock yourself out. I'm sorry, but I have no idea where to even begin to try to understand whatever your theory is.

I stand by what I said. 3 Days and 3 nights is not an idiom. Jesus died on Wednesday and resurrected sometime before the first day of the week started (what we call Saturday, 6 PM). It's the only way everything fits together perfectly.

And I'm sure that I have a perfect idea of exactly what your theory is. I am the best informed and experienced man on planet earth well enough equipped to explain it, even better than yourself or its originators and propagators in the past or at present. MUCH that to me is old news has never come up in your or the mind of anyone of your conviction, or ever will come up, unless I tell you; because there is no one else who can.

I stand by what you and I said, 3 Days and 3 nights is not an idiom.

But that can NEVER mean or prove or vaguely indicate that '~Jesus died on Wednesday and resurrected sometime ... what we call Saturday, 6 PM~'. Which is a flight of your imagination purely and no way whatsoever '~everything fits together~', no matter how shabby.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am the best informed and experienced man on planet earth well enough equipped to explain it, even better than yourself or its originators and propagators in the past or at present.
Do you really expect me to take you seriously?

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Do you really expect me to take you seriously?
Please, for your own sake, take me seriously if ever you took something or someone seriously?

Let me start with one statement I'll put before you for your serious and HONEST and Scripture-ONLY-bound consideration,
Jesus was
not BURIED before sunset of the day He was Crucified and Died on,
but was FINISHED buried on
the NEXT day "by the time of the Jews' preparations", "mid-afternoon That Day the Preparation the Sabbath nearing" 3 hours before sunset John 19:42 Luke 23:54 = Leviticus 23:11a
"since That Day", "because That Day was great day-of-sabbath-of(-passover)", "was the Preparation which is the Fore-Sabbath", which had been "This That Selfsame Whole-Day BONE-DAY" of Abib 15

WHICH DAY STARTED, "evening having come / been" here: Mark 15:42 Matthew 27:57 John 19:31 Luke 23:50 = Leviticus 23:6,7

Summerised,
Please answer for the "BONE-DAY" of the passover of the Scriptures!

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please, for your own sake, take me seriously if ever you took something or someone seriously?

Let me start with one statement I'll put before you for your serious and HONEST and Scripture-ONLY-bound consideration,
Jesus was
not BURIED before sunset of the day He was Crucified and Died on,
but was FINISHED buried on
the NEXT day "by the time of the Jews' preparations", "mid-afternoon That Day the Preparation the Sabbath nearing" 3 hours before sunset John 19:42 Luke 23:54 = Leviticus 23:11a
"since That Day", "because That Day was great day-of-sabbath-of(-passover)", "was the Preparation which is the Fore-Sabbath", which had been "This That Selfsame Whole-Day BONE-DAY" of Abib 15

WHICH DAY STARTED, "evening having come / been" here: Mark 15:42 Matthew 27:57 John 19:31 Luke 23:50 = Leviticus 23:6,7

Summerised,
Please answer for the "BONE-DAY" of the passover of the Scriptures!
You I take seriously; its your writing style I have problems with. Its just hard to understand what you are getting at. But your last post seems to be clearer to me.

Bone Day: this is not a scriptural term as far as I can see. I researched it and can't find it connected to Judiasm or Christianity. It seems to be a term you came up with That's fine... But I don't understand the term at all. Jesus had bones... Sure. But what is the meaning of the term?

Jesus was buried on the day he was crucified. Unless we are going to play the Groucho Marx "Who's buried in Grants tomb" game (the answer is either Grant or no one, because a tomb is above ground). Scripture is clear and very pointed that they wanted to get it done before the high sabbath began at 6 PM (Roman time).

"Christ....was finished buried the next day" doesn't make sense to me. The sentence structure is weird. I am not sure what you mean. The only thing I can think of is Jesus saying "it is finished". So where are going with that? From the time he said that to the the time he was placed in the tomb was no more than 3 hours.

The prophecy of 3 days and 3 nights has to do when he was in the heart of the earth. I believe that refers to his body in the grave (tomb) because he refers to the resurrection of his physical body. But I can understand some saying it is when he gave up the Ghost.

Either way, it doesn't change the timeline too drastically. Its sometime between 3 and 6 pm on Wednesday. He ressurected sometime between 3 and 6 pm on Saturday. I know some folks have a problem with that and if any want to discuss that, I am willing. But for now my point is that it doesn't change the timeline either way.

Trying to connect Lev 23 to the Pasion week is wrong. Lev 23:6-11 is not to be taken as a prophecy directly spelling out a timeline. Yes, Jesus was our passover. He was also our firstfruits. He was THAT bread but he wasn't wheat. Lev 23 talks about vegetation. A priest didn't wave him around and though his body was wrapped, its a far stretch to say he was sheathed wheat.

Overall, yes Jesus was the first fruits and the passover, but you can't cram those analogies into one particular verse. The term "firstfruits" appears by my count 30 times in the Bible and different things were done with them. They were waved, they were burnt, they were NOT burnt, the were brought into the house of God... The analogy isn't meant for any one incidence.

There was a notion going around that says that God wouldn't raise Jesus on the Sabbath. That's nonsense. Jesus twice broke the Sabbath or defended the breaking of the Sabbath. Once to heal a daughter of Abraham and the other time when the disciples picked corn.

So, I suspect I still am not understanding your point. I don't even know what your timeline is. When do you believe Jesus died, was buried and resurrected? I believe he died 3 pm Wednesday. He was buried before 6 pm Wednesday. He resurrected between 3 - 6 pm Saturday and discovered to be missing from the tomb after 6pm saturday.

Last edited:

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Scripture is clear and very pointed that they wanted to get it done before the high sabbath began at 6 PM (Roman time).

First quote from the Scriptures before we discuss this any further. I quoted for you many times now that this was NOT the case. For example, not so long ago, post #24 above
3d/3n is NOT an idiom!

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
"Christ....was finished buried the next day" doesn't make sense to me. The sentence structure is weird. I am not sure what you mean. The only thing I can think of is Jesus saying "it is finished". So where are going with that? From the time he said that to the the time he was placed in the tomb was no more than 3 hours.
Jesus said "finished", 3 hours before day's end sunset. What you OVERLOOK is the moment in time OF THAT SUNSET while Jesus' body was not yet allowed to be taken from the cross or JOSEPH "suddenly came there".

(Must go now...)

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First quote from the Scriptures before we discuss this any further. I quoted for you many times now that this was NOT the case. For example, not so long ago, post #24 above
3d/3n is NOT an idiom!
John 19:31 KJV
The Jews therefore, because it was the preparation, that the bodies should not remain upon the cross on the sabbath day, (for that sabbath day was an high day,) besought Pilate that their legs might be broken, and that they might be taken away.

There... Scripture says they wanted him off the cross before the high sabbath began.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus said "finished", 3 hours before day's end sunset. What you OVERLOOK is the moment in time OF THAT SUNSET while Jesus' body was not yet allowed to be taken from the cross or JOSEPH "suddenly came there".

(Must go now...)
Would you be so kind to rephrase that iina way that makes sense?

Thanks.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Its your writing style I have problems with.Its just hard to understand what you are getting at.

It's not my '~writing style~' you have problems with; it's the things I write about, like the BONE DAY of God's Covenanting with his elect through human history, that you have never had problems with and as a result are not familiar with and will not familiarise yourself with for as long as you dismiss it as '~a term (I) came up with~'

Well, here is how I came up with the BONE-DAY of Christ Jesus' Last Passover of Yahweh,

BONE-DAY in climactic Eschatological revelation
Wigram’s
The Englishman's Hebrew and Chaldee Concordance of the Old Testament
The Englishman's Hebrew and Chaldee concordance of the Old ...
Catalog Record: The Englishman's Hebrew and Chaldee... | Hathi Trust Digital Library
Main Author: Wigram, George V. Other Authors: DeBurgh, William, d. 1866. Language(s):, English ;Hebrew ; Aramaic. Published: London, Walton, 1866. Edition: 3d ed. Subjects: Bible. > O.T. > Concordances, Aramaic language. Bible. > O.T. > Concordances, Hebrew. Note: Based on the unpublished work of W. DeBurgh, ...

The Eternal ‘BONE-DAY’ of Covenant in Genesis
(Adam and Eve Gn.2:9,21,22)
Genesis 7:13 Bone-Day Noah enter ark-coffin; 9:13 Exodus 24:10 Ezekiel 2:3/1:26-28
Genesis 17:23,26 Bone-Day Abraham
(Genesis 47:29,30; 32:24-32 Jacob)
(Genesis 50:25; 37:22-33 Exodus 13:19 Joseph)
Joshua 5 Bone-Day

The Eternal ‘BONE-DAY’ of Covenant in Exodus and Old Testament

Passover
The first passover in the First Month

Tenth day of the month separate lamb
Exodus 12:3-5
Joshua 4:13,14,19
Ezekiel 40:1,16 tenth day is Bone-Day

John 12:12,7,1, 23,24,27,31,32 Mk11:11

Fourteenth day of the First Month
Exodus 12:5 fourteenth is passover Deuteronomy 16:4 "first day"
Exodus 12:6 Kill the passover 3 p.m. Leviticus 23:5 Kill the passover 3 p.m.
Exodus 12:8 Eat the flesh with ulb late evening
Exodus 12:14 fourteenth is feast
Exodus 12:15a put away leaven
Exodus 12:17 fourteenth is Bone-Day

Exodus 12:18 fourteenth to twenty first day ULB
Leviticus 23:10,21,22
proclaim Bone-Day fourteenth reap corners, bind and bring first sheaf
Numbers 9:10D,11A
Numbers 33:3C day of passover
(Joshua 5:10 Bone-Day)
Deuteronomy 16:1,2,6
Mk14:12 Mt26:17 Lk22:7 Jh13:1

Fifteenth day of the First Month
Leviticus 23:6 Feast seven days Eat ulb 23:7 "first day" ulb
Leviticus 23:11A (Bone-Day) accept, prostrate, store first sheaf

unfinished. . . enough I think for anyone who isn't biased. . .

"Bone-Day" - 'etsem yom' 18 times in OT for ONLY the Day-of-Covenant of God of which 12 times for the "three .. first .. days" of the passover.

Does that look like '~a term (I) came up with~'?!

Last edited:

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's not my '~writing style~' you have problems with; it's the things I write about
Are you seriously going to tell me what I have a problem with? I don't think so.

Does that look like '~a term (I) came up with~'?!
Yep. It does. Its funny that I did a google search on it and your name and posts on forims kept popping up. Nothing from a Jewish or Christian encyclopedia. Just you.

It is your wrting style I have a problem with. Your last post was just a bunch of.... Well... Nothing. I'm sure you thought it was brilliant. But me... I am not impressed.

Get back to me when you can write in paragraph structure. Use one color font and limit your use of bold and italics. Proper sentance structure will also be apperciated. This symbol: ~

That should not be used... I don't even know what its used for outside of mathematics . in math, it means "approximately". I might be wrong about that. Byt it doesn't matter.

Look... Just get back to me when you can make coherent points.

Reactions: Helen

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
John 19:31 KJV
The Jews therefore, because it was the preparation, that the bodies should not remain upon the cross on the sabbath day, (for that sabbath day was an high day,) besought Pilate that their legs might be broken, and that they might be taken away.
There... Scripture says they wanted him off the cross before the high sabbath began.

No, the '~high sabbath~' "already" [ehdeh] Mark 15:42 "because / since [epei] had begun / it was the Preparation" [Paraskeueh ehn] John 19:31, "indeed [kai] evening [opsias] having come (it) was" [genomenehs] "which is (was) the Preparation" [ho estin to Prosabbaton]. The Bible day does not end, but starts with "evening" after sunset!

Scripture does not say '~they wanted him off the cross before the high sabbath began~' but it says BECAUSE the high sabbath HAD begun with the crosses occupied and standing which would embarrass the Jews if not removed before DAYLIGHT as the Law says that the bodies "must NOT REMAIN ALL NIGHT" and "This That Selfsame Whole-Day BONE-DAY, daylight, shall be BURIED!" Joshua 10:27 Deuteronomy 23:11.

And Scripture does not say '~should not remain upon the cross on the sabbath day, (for that sabbath day was an high day)~', but "should not remain upon the cross on the sabbath day, for / because [gar] That Day [hehmera ekeineh] was [current 'ehn'] great-day-of-sabbath-of(-Feast-of-passover)" BONE-DAY-OF-BURIAL.
The prospective ‘sabbath’ is defined as “That Day [hehmera ekeineh] current ['ehn'] great-day-of-sabbath-of(-feast-of-passover)" the BONE-DAY-FOR-BURIAL – NOT the Seventh Day “Sabbath/s of the LORD” Leviticus 23:3,38, but the “feast-sabbath in its season” Leviticus 23:4,11b,15.

Last edited:

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Yep. It does. Its funny that I did a google search on it and your name and posts on forims kept popping up. Nothing from a Jewish or Christian encyclopedia. Just you.

Yep! Exactly! I am glad to hear that you found it with a google search. And I am glad that I can assure you, so did the Jewish scholars and Christian scholars who write encyclopedias. All of them!

You know that figure of speech about the ostrich that buries his head in the sand?

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Jesus was buried on the day he was crucified. Unless we are going to play the Groucho Marx "Who's buried in Grants tomb" game (the answer is either Grant or no one, because a tomb is above ground). Scripture is clear and very pointed that they wanted to get it done before the high sabbath began at 6 PM (Roman time).

So you allege it was forbidden to BURY on "that day" which "was great-day-of-sabbath" or "great-day-of-sabbath" of the passover, which, according to you, (--yes I know, you being a Wednesday crucifixionist, not according to you--) according to John 19:31 "that day" that "was great-day-of-sabbath-of(-passover)", the buried was ALSO KILLED!

Now what makes being buried, '~work~' not allowed on "that day" that "was great-day-of-sabbath-of(-passover)", but being buried as well as killed, '~no work~' allowed on "that day" that "was great-day-of-sabbath-of(-passover)"?
BECAUSE that day was great-day-of-sabbath which was the Fore-Sabbath”, Friday!

Last edited:

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
"Christ....was finished buried the next day" doesn't make sense to me. The sentence structure is weird. I am not sure what you mean.

"Joseph came there" after sunset "evening the Preparation having begun" to ask Pilate for the body, then "received" it, then started "preparing the body FOR TO BE BURIED to the ethics of the Jews", "the selfsame day" but "when daylight" would have come and Joseph would have had finished to bury Jesus' body and would have had closed the grave and would have had gone home "and the women" the two Marys, also would have had "gone home and prepared spices".
You do not take notice of or permit or admit the FACT of "EVENING HAVING COME" three hours after Jesus had died "the ninth hour" to sunset BEFORE Joseph arrived; and you do not take notice of or permit or admit the FACT of "THAT FIRST NIGHT" of unleavened bread when no "unleavened bread with the flesh" was eaten BECAUSE CHRIST THE LAMB OF GOD HAD BEEN KILLED THE DAY BEFORE of "the fourteenth day of the First Month".

Last edited: