6 Dangerous People Who Could Hurt Your Church

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
J. Lee Grady Charisma News
In all my years of ministry I've noticed that the devil's tricks are actually the same no matter where I go. He uses a familiar cast of characters to sow discord in the church, to distract us from our mission and to veer us off course. If these people are busy in your church, they must be confronted. Never allow these six people to get their hands on the steering wheel:
http://www.charismanews.com/opinion/57535-6-dangerous-people-who-could-hurt-your-church

Do you agree with this list? :huh: Thoughts?

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
We could go through the list point by point. Compare what it says with scripture and our own experiences.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God. - Hebrews 12:1-2

Simply go out of the spirit into the flesh (which is so easy to do) and we are speaking trouble!

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Along those lines the leadership that seeks only numbers is also a danger. I don't care if your church has 10000 members, that only proves your pastor is a good public speaker. They could be diluting their message for itchy ears. The Holy Spirit may be totally absent, and with greater numbers the probability of being off course is greater. A successful church need not have huge numbers.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Re: 1. The financial controller:

This really has nothing to do with Ananias and Sapphira. Their sin was not trying to control the Church financially, but being greedy and lying to keep their money.

I think a better reference for this concept would be Luke 6:34 "And if you lend to those from whom you expect repayment, what credit is that to you? Even sinners lend to sinners, expecting to be repaid in full."

When you try to control your church through manipulation with your donations aren't you receiving something in return? I would be concerned that your offerings may be of no credit to you in heaven because your have received the control you want here.

I have seen this before, someone not getting their way and threatening to sue the church.

StanJ

Lifelong student of God's Word.
May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Yes I agree with the list and I have encountered those type of people throughout my lifetime in the church within different congregations. They are indeed dangerous and bad for the health of any congregation. Ignoring them is not an option.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The article wasn't bad and i agree with the overall points. I think he left out a group which would be "pastor want-to-bes". This would be people who talk to others in private and criticize the pastor in hopes of starting their own church.

I agree with him on the "financial controller" point but his biblical references are wrong. Annanias and saffara (sp?) were wrong becuse they sought status for giving everything when they didn't. They could've given less and it would've been ok. But they lied about it.

His mention of James 2:1-8 is also wrong. The author seems to say don't let rich people sit in the first row. That's not what James was saying. What James was saying was dont give them preferential treatment and stick poor folks in the back. In other (and clearer words) financial status isn't going to matter in Gods house.

Reactions: Angelina

ScaliaFan

Apr 2, 2016
Angelina said:
J. Lee Grady Charisma News
In all my years of ministry I've noticed that the devil's tricks are actually the same no matter where I go. He uses a familiar cast of characters to sow discord in the church, to distract us from our mission and to veer us off course. If these people are busy in your church, they must be confronted. Never allow these six people to get their hands on the steering wheel:
http://www.charismanews.com/opinion/57535-6-dangerous-people-who-could-hurt-your-church

Do you agree with this list? :huh: Thoughts?

I got this far:

The self-appointed prophet. We should earnestly desire the gift of prophecy in our churches. But the apostle Paul also warned the Colossians about super-spiritual people who claim to always know what God is saying to the leadership (Col. 2:18-23).
The difference between true prophets and self-appointed ones is their attitude. Legitimate prophets are loving, servant-hearted and submitted to godly authority. Dangerous prophets are those who can't be corrected. They are spiritually proud, they tend to be loners and they leave a trail of damaged relationships in their wake. Never allow someone like this to be in a leadership position.

this is an insult to loners in general and those who "leave a trail of damaged relationships"

I have such a "trail" and yet it is the fault of the OTHERs, not yours truly's

I can honestly say that. People will REJECT you like crazy when u get serious about following (meaning TRULY following) Jesus... so yeh.... i think this is overly generalizing (and etc)