6 days of creation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

JB_Reformed Baptist

Many are called but few are chosen.
Feb 23, 2013
AUSTRALIA
aspen2 said:
guess we will not know for sure until we get to heaven.
Paul basis a few heavy things(doctrine) in scripture on the literal Creation account. I guess we can treat that with a grain of salt now it's been so-called proven that it was billions and not 6 days. Even God stumbled at his own word according to this theory as he set the sabbath on the basis of his creation order.

Imagine that not 6 days Israelites but 6000 yrs or was that a million or more ... . :lol:

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
By the sounds of Genesis God simply "spoke everything into existence"

"let there be light"
"Let the land produce vegetation"
"Let the water teem with living creatures"

So in theory it could have been instant ..... and if he said "let there be a universe" .... it could be what we call "the big bang" .... something tiny became the whole universe which is still expanding today.

I have always felt that the big bang theory could be accurate ..... only problem is secular evolutionists say it "just happened" (no creator involved)

JB_Reformed Baptist

Feb 23, 2013
AUSTRALIA
aspen2 said:
guess we will not know for sure until we get to heaven.
By the way. Faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the word of GOD. Without faith it's IMPOSSIBLE to please him... . Faith without works is dead. So NO blending of man-made doctrines(EVILUTION) is going to amount to FAITH in GOD's eyes. THE JUST SHALL LIVE BY FAITH.

MUCH MORE CAN AND WILL BE SIGHTED IF REQUIRED TO ESTABLISH THE "FAITH DOCTRINE". So for all you would be "christians" consider carefully what I say. :mellow:

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
I have another question for the folks who hold to an old earth of billions of years

Those dates are claimed by counting rock layers and fossil layers (among other things)

Fine .... lets go along with that for a minute and presume it is true

How do you fit Noah's flood into the equation ?

A worldwide flood would form many layers of silt and deposit fossils worldwide and cause destruction worldwide.

To fit the flood into old-earth-evolution would ruin that theory

To keep the flood out of the equation would not be honest

And for folks who say a 6 day Creation and Noah are just a myth .... explain why Jesus himself referred to Noah

thanks

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Evolution is based on observation - there is no evidence for a worldwide flood.

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
JB_ said:
Read carefully Selene.

Eph 2:12-17 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world: But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ. For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;

Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace; And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby: And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh.

-------------------------------------------​

Jer 31:31-33 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:

But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Heb 8:8-10 For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:

Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord. For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

For if the firstfruit be holy, the lump is also holy: and if the root be holy, so are the branches.

And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert graffed in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree; Boast not against the branches. But if thou boast, thou bearest not the root, but the root thee. Thou wilt say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be graffed in. Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not high minded, but fear: For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.

Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off. And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be graffed in: for God is able to graff them in again. For if thou wert cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and wert graffed contrary to nature into a good olive tree: how much more shall these, which be the natural branches, be graffed into their own olive tree? For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in. And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:

For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins. Rom 11:16-27
As I pointed out in my last post, Jesus Christ is our new covenant that we follow. But the Ten Commandments (excluding the Jewish Sabbath) are still laws we are told to follow. Look at the following scriptures in the New Testament books:

Matthew 5:17-19 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.........Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach [them], the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Christ goes on to explain more in detail about what He means by not abolishing the law. For example, in Matthew 5:27, Christ says not to commit adultery, but He goes on to say that anyone who looks at a woman with lust is already committing adultery. Matthew 5 explains the Ten Commandments by Christ Himself.

Matthew 19:16-21 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?..........He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Honour thy father and [thy] mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. The young man saith unto him, All these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet? Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go [and] sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come [and] follow me.

As you can see, Jesus tells this young man that in order to gain eternal life, he must still follow the commandments. However, if he wishes to be perfect and gain treasures in Heaven, he must give up everything he has and follow Christ. Now, do you understand why our priests and nuns chose not to marry, have a family, and given up all possessions?? Catholic nuns take a vow of poverty, chastity, and obedience to follow Christ. They wish to dedicate their entire life into following Christ.

Matthew 22:37-40 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second [is] like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

Romans 13:9-10 For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if [there be] any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love [is] the fulfilling of the law.

The first four laws covers the first commandment to love God and the next six laws covers the second commandment to love thy neighbor. How does one love thy neighbor - by not stealing from them, by not murdering them, by not lying to them, etc.

James 2:10-11 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one [point], he is guilty of all. For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if thou commit no adultery, yet if thou kill, thou art become a transgressor of the law.

In the Old Testament, the Ten Commandments were written on Stone Tablets by God and given to the people so they would know their sins. No one can fulfil the Law of the Ten Commandments unless they have the grace of God in them. The New Covenant that we have is Jesus Christ Himself, whom God has sent. And the commandments are now written in our hearts in shortened form.....Love God and Love they neighbor as God loves for this fulfills all the Ten Commandments (that were once written on stone tablets).

We are still called to follow those Ten Commandments (except the Jewish Sabbath). In Ephesians 2, the commandments in the ordinances that were abolished were the Mosaic laws. We do not follow the Mosaic laws/commandments or any ceremonial laws such as animal sacrifices. As for the Ten Commandments, that still stands according to the New Testament books, but in order to follow those commandments, one would need Christ for it is only with God that all things are possible.

This is why we don't believe in faith alone. Faith alone is against the Bible. When the Holy Spirit dwells in the person, it is the Holy Spirit that empowers the person to do the work. It is not us doing the work, but the Holy Spirit in us because God uses us as His workmanship.

James 2:24 You see that a person is considered righteous by what they do and not by faith alone.

Ephesians 2:8-10 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Many of our Christian brothers only look at the first verse of Ephesians 2:8 and don't see the next verse after that, which states that we are Christ's workmanship created to do HIS "good works"......NOT our "good works. We also believe that OUR "good works" cannot save us, but the grace of God working through us.

Many of our Christian brothers often criticize Catholics for believing in both faith and works. They don't understand that like them we also believe that the good works of man cannot save. And many times, it is not our good works.....but the work of the Holy Spirit working in us. For example, some claim that Mother Teresa will not be saved because she was into the "good works" of helping the poor. I say, "what good works did she do?" The woman took a vow of poverty and owns nothing; yet, she managed to build 610 missions in 123 different countries.....and these include orphanges, soup kitchens, shelters, schools, hospices for AIDS victims, as well as children and family counseling centers. Only the Holy Spirit can do these things through someone who has no money. So, is it her good works or the Holy Spirit working in her?

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
I think I'm going to step out of this topic. It looks as though the greatest proponent against science is "science is of the devil" I"m not going to deal with Arnie's broad paint brush that covers anyone looking at what science has to say and saying "hey that's what the bible says" While Arnie paints them as evolutionist. For clarification again I believe in the 6 day creation, I don't believe in the evolution of any life forms, and that 6000 years ago, Adam was created, the time man came on the scene. In fact an unbiased view of mans history will reveal that about 6000 years ago man suddenly appeared and built huge stone monoliths across the globe, but the evidence of man prior to say 10,000 by sciences measure the evidence for man is almost nonexistent. Science has it's back against the wall in this department "life and evolution" and the more they learn the tight the nos gets.

I thought that some might like to know that even though the universe looks to be 15 billion years old "this has nothing to do with carbon dating BTW" that the complete understand of science says, that at the center of universe only 6 days have passed. But I guess I was wrong. I find it to be a great conversation piece with non believers that throw the 6000 years in my face. Thanks to some people that believe science is of the devil, and have no interest in answering questions using information that secular people trust, like science. I simply show them the finger print of God using Einsteins law of relativity and say, you see Gods finger print it's right in the center of the big bang, 6 days.

So I'm simply going to C/P this post here "from another thread.
**********************************************************************************************************************************

After giving it some thought Arnie I've come to this conclusion, people that choose to ignore science and believe in a young earth and universe are simply expressing their faith in a Creator.

People that choose to look at science and not allow it effect their faith or change what is believed in the bible but rather look and marvel at what science has shown to be true concerning the scriptures, are in no way denying faith but are increasing faith because of evidence that supports the bible through science.

The big bang is the first case example it is completely compatible with "let their be light"
and here's a few other examples I'll copy and paste from some saved PDF files I have.

The patriarch Job was extremely wealthy—enjoying a wonderful family. Then tragedy struck. He lost his wealth. His children were killed and his wife deserted him. Then Job lay in excruciating pain, covered with sores from head to toe. He cried out to God for reassurance, and God replied with a reminder of His almighty wisdom, justice, love, and power. God conveyed to Job His dynamic logic in three questions: “Canst thou bind the sweet influences of Pleiades, or loose the bands of Orion? …Or canst thou guide Arcturus with his sons?” Job 38:31-32

The Pleiades: “Canst thou bind the sweet influence of the Pleiades?” Modern science has revealed that the seven stars of the Pleiades are in reality a grouping of 250 blazing suns all traveling together in one common direction. Concerning this cluster, Isabel Lewis of the United States Naval Observatory tells us: “Astronomers have identified 250 stars as actual members of this group, all sharing in a common motion and drifting through space in the same direction... journeying onward together through the immensity of space.”
From Lick Observatory came this statement of Dr. Robert J. Trumpler: “Over 25,000 individual measures of the Pleiades stars are now available, and their study led to the important discovery that the whole cluster is moving in a southeasterly direction. The Pleiades stars may thus be compared to a swarm of birds, flying together to a distant goal. This leaves no doubt that the Pleiades
are not a temporary or accidental agglomeration of stars, but a system in which the stars are bound together by a close kinship.” Without any reference whatsoever to the Book of Job, Dr. Trumpler announced to the world exactly what God said: “Canst thou bind the sweet influences of Pleiades?” In other words, Job, can you keep them bound together so that they remain as a family of suns?

Orion: “Canst thou . . . loose the bands of Orion?” The noted astronomer Garrett P. Serviss wrote about the bands of Orion in his book CURIOSITIES OF THE SKY.
“At the present time this band consists of an almost perfect straight line, a row of second-magnitude stars about equally spaced and of the most striking beauty. In the course of time, however, the two right-hand stars, Mintaka and Alnilam, will approach each other and form a naked-eye double; but the third, Alnitak, will drift away eastward so that the band will no longer exist.” In other words, every star in Orion is traveling its own course, independent of all the others. Thus, these stars that we see forming one of the bands of Orion are like three ships out on the high seas that happen to be in line at the present moment, but are bound for different ports, and all are journeying to different corners of the universe, so that the bands are being dissolved.

Arcturus: “Canst thou guide Arcturus with his sons?” Garrett P. Serviss wrote: “Arcturus, one of the greatest suns in the universe, is a runaway whose speed of light is 257 miles per second. Arcturus, we have every reason to believe, possesses thousands of times the mass of our sun. Think of it! Our sun is traveling only 12
miles a second, but Arcturus is traveling 257 miles a second.” Charles Burckhalter, of the Chabot Observatory, added an interesting note regarding this great sun: “This high velocity places Arcturus in that very small class of stars that apparently are a law unto themselves... Newton gives the velocity of a star under control as not more than 25 miles a second, and Arcturus is going 257 miles a second. Therefore, combined attraction of all the stars we know cannot stop him or even turn him in his path.”

So you see Arnie even with out some of the embellishments made the simple observer can deduce
1) the book of Job can be proven to be written long before science could have ever confirmed these statement by God to Job
2) It doesn't compromise my faith in fact it increases it.
3) it totally compatible with the word.

Now If you want to junp up and down and call people that look at science with the eye of God as as Darwinist monkey lovers, that's your choice I guess.
Their are other facts that have only been found in the bible that have been found to be true, as mans understanding increases

JB_Reformed Baptist

Feb 23, 2013
AUSTRALIA
Rex said:
I think I'm going to step out of this topic. It looks as though the greatest proponent against science is "science is of the devil" I"m not going to deal with Arnie's broad paint brush that covers anyone looking at what science has to say and saying "hey that's what the bible says" While Arnie paints them as evolutionist. For clarification again I believe in the 6 day creation, I don't believe in the evolution of any life forms, and that 6000 years ago, Adam was created, the time man came on the scene. In fact an unbiased view of mans history will reveal that about 6000 years ago man suddenly appeared and built huge stone monoliths across the globe, but the evidence of man prior to say 10,000 by sciences measure the evidence for man is almost nonexistent. Science has it's back against the wall in this department "life and evolution" and the more they learn the tight the nos gets.

I thought that some might like to know that even though the universe looks to be 15 billion years old "this has nothing to do with carbon dating BTW" that the complete understand of science says, that at the center of universe only 6 days have passed. But I guess I was wrong. I find it to be a great conversation piece with non believers that throw the 6000 years in my face. Thanks to some people that believe science is of the devil, and have no interest in answering questions using information that secular people trust, like science. I simply show them the finger print of God using Einsteins law of relativity and say, you see Gods finger print it's right in the center of the big bang, 6 days.

So I'm simply going to C/P this post here "from another thread.
**********************************************************************************************************************************

After giving it some thought Arnie I've come to this conclusion, people that choose to ignore science and believe in a young earth and universe are simply expressing their faith in a Creator.

People that choose to look at science and not allow it effect their faith or change what is believed in the bible but rather look and marvel at what science has shown to be true concerning the scriptures, are in no way denying faith but are increasing faith because of evidence that supports the bible through science.

The big bang is the first case example it is completely compatible with "let their be light"
and here's a few other examples I'll copy and paste from some saved PDF files I have.

The patriarch Job was extremely wealthy—enjoying a wonderful family. Then tragedy struck. He lost his wealth. His children were killed and his wife deserted him. Then Job lay in excruciating pain, covered with sores from head to toe. He cried out to God for reassurance, and God replied with a reminder of His almighty wisdom, justice, love, and power. God conveyed to Job His dynamic logic in three questions: “Canst thou bind the sweet influences of Pleiades, or loose the bands of Orion? …Or canst thou guide Arcturus with his sons?” Job 38:31-32

The Pleiades: “Canst thou bind the sweet influence of the Pleiades?” Modern science has revealed that the seven stars of the Pleiades are in reality a grouping of 250 blazing suns all traveling together in one common direction. Concerning this cluster, Isabel Lewis of the United States Naval Observatory tells us: “Astronomers have identified 250 stars as actual members of this group, all sharing in a common motion and drifting through space in the same direction... journeying onward together through the immensity of space.”
From Lick Observatory came this statement of Dr. Robert J. Trumpler: “Over 25,000 individual measures of the Pleiades stars are now available, and their study led to the important discovery that the whole cluster is moving in a southeasterly direction. The Pleiades stars may thus be compared to a swarm of birds, flying together to a distant goal. This leaves no doubt that the Pleiades
are not a temporary or accidental agglomeration of stars, but a system in which the stars are bound together by a close kinship.” Without any reference whatsoever to the Book of Job, Dr. Trumpler announced to the world exactly what God said: “Canst thou bind the sweet influences of Pleiades?” In other words, Job, can you keep them bound together so that they remain as a family of suns?

Orion: “Canst thou . . . loose the bands of Orion?” The noted astronomer Garrett P. Serviss wrote about the bands of Orion in his book CURIOSITIES OF THE SKY.
“At the present time this band consists of an almost perfect straight line, a row of second-magnitude stars about equally spaced and of the most striking beauty. In the course of time, however, the two right-hand stars, Mintaka and Alnilam, will approach each other and form a naked-eye double; but the third, Alnitak, will drift away eastward so that the band will no longer exist.” In other words, every star in Orion is traveling its own course, independent of all the others. Thus, these stars that we see forming one of the bands of Orion are like three ships out on the high seas that happen to be in line at the present moment, but are bound for different ports, and all are journeying to different corners of the universe, so that the bands are being dissolved.

Arcturus: “Canst thou guide Arcturus with his sons?” Garrett P. Serviss wrote: “Arcturus, one of the greatest suns in the universe, is a runaway whose speed of light is 257 miles per second. Arcturus, we have every reason to believe, possesses thousands of times the mass of our sun. Think of it! Our sun is traveling only 12
miles a second, but Arcturus is traveling 257 miles a second.” Charles Burckhalter, of the Chabot Observatory, added an interesting note regarding this great sun: “This high velocity places Arcturus in that very small class of stars that apparently are a law unto themselves... Newton gives the velocity of a star under control as not more than 25 miles a second, and Arcturus is going 257 miles a second. Therefore, combined attraction of all the stars we know cannot stop him or even turn him in his path.”

So you see Arnie even with out some of the embellishments made the simple observer can deduce
1) the book of Job can be proven to be written long before science could have ever confirmed these statement by God to Job
2) It doesn't compromise my faith in fact it increases it.
3) it totally compatible with the word.

Now If you want to junp up and down and call people that look at science with the eye of God as as Darwinist monkey lovers, that's your choice I guess.
Their are other facts that have only been found in the bible that have been found to be true, as mans understanding increases
I enjoy science like any man. Indeed, I've spent the better part of life in the science(s) - "electrical engineering industry". I use to think it was exciting to see science establish/support biblical truths. These days however I see science as a hindrance to the TRUTH. As in most peoples minds it's replaced pure FAITH in the word.

So I tend to launch a defensive against, not science per se but the philosophy of science". So as to turn the hearts of the brethren back to God. To defend the faith. I've found that a lot of people claim faith in God but despise or down play his word.

There are quite a few tricks professing people utilize to harmonize science/evolution with Christianity. But to me they're a knaves and fools. They want to stay hip with society and supposedly try to show the world how relevant Christianity is to it's philosophy.

But in reality it's chalk and cheese. Christ is relevant because he's our creator and as a creator requires of all of us something... . Fads will change, the worlds "truth" may be relative, but GOD abides forever. The heart of man hasn't changed, so the simple TRUTH hasn't either.

Once upon a time science was used in the name of God. Discovering, utilizing he's great creation. But the philosophy of man changed from God to himself and now science serves and amplifies the god-man. Short of serving mankind in need I place a lot of science as junk science.

So no offence intended to you. It was directed at the double-minded and to those alone. :)

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
Not a problem JB were on point on two different fronts, I trust you understand military terminology

I used to stand their like a deer staring into on coming headlights when, as a new Christian I was confronted with the 6000 year creation account , now I have an answer. As a young christain the Lord taught me with dispensation, I learned a very important lesson, never open your mouth unless your prepared to give an answer about your faith. I could never do that with dispensation, simply because it never made sense in the first place. Let alone defend something so contrary on many fronts concerning salvation. The most important thing I learned when the Lord started placing me in churches and listening dozens of teachers was, always be prepared to give and answer for your faith, Pauls statement, I simply said, I understand Lord lets get on with the lesson.

I was and still am nothing but a broom boy in the house of the Lord, it's always been my meager duty to keep the porch swept. But I like siting on the porch step and listening to whats being said inside. Someday perhaps I hope to hear him say broom boy come up here, my ear is pierce on that very door case.

Until then I just sweep the porch.

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
aspen2 said:
Evolution is based on observation - there is no evidence for a worldwide flood.
We can make an observation that the same fossils are on Mount Everest and on the beaches of California.

South Dakota ..... in the very center of the continent .... far far away from any oceans ..... has more sharks teeth laying around than nearly anywhere else in the world.

A worldwide flood would indicate very deep water .... which would cause tremendous pressure on the mud and dirt and silt under the water .

Today we can gather a pail of dirt , mud, and silt ..... take it to a laboratory and put it under pressure and turn it into rock layers

We can even put carbon under pressure and make diamonds if we wanted to.

Flood theory fits quite well with observable science .

Billions and billions of years is not a requirement.

It simply comes down to the fact that most humans prefer the theory of billions as opposed to the story of Noah.

Rex said:
I think I'm going to step out of this topic. It looks as though the greatest proponent against science is "science is of the devil" I"m not going to deal with Arnie's broad paint brush that covers anyone looking at what science has to say and saying "hey that's what the bible says" While Arnie paints them as evolutionist.
I have never seen these discussions as some kind of a showdown between you and me. I did not realize you took it so personal.

You made a lengthy post and mentioned my saying the evolutionists as being in league with the devil ..... that is fair i suppose .... but what I really meant was not quite like that ..... so i will try to clarify it as follows

---- generally speaking .... the theory of evolution is the exact opposite of the theory of creation.

---- I expect the devil is extremely pleased when the creator is kept out of the picture

---- for that reason I call evolution the devils playground or the devils sandbox.

---- that does not mean that a christian is in league with the devil if he believes in evolution

---- but it does indicate something is awry when a christian uses the information from the devils playground to refute the creator's message in Genesis ..... we have to think carefully about such things

--- The first chapter of Romans has some sober warnings about denying creation ..... it as much as says that to deny creation is the greatest sin .

--- For that reasons alone , I prefer to side with creation rather than Darwin and his finches

--- Even if it means I must believe in creation using blind faith alone.

--- But Romans 1 also says the evidence of creation is all around us and mankind instinctively knows it.

--- So we can even remove the blind faith aspect and simply look around. Get away from the asphalt and walk in the forest Sunday after church.

JB_Reformed Baptist

Feb 23, 2013
AUSTRALIA
Rex said:
Not a problem JB were on point on two different fronts, I trust you understand military terminology

I used to stand their like a deer staring into on coming headlights when, as a new Christian I was confronted with the 6000 year creation account , now I have an answer. As a young christain the Lord taught me with dispensation, I learned a very important lesson, never open your mouth unless your prepared to give an answer about your faith. I could never do that with dispensation, simply because it never made sense in the first place. Let alone defend something so contrary on many fronts concerning salvation. The most important thing I learned when the Lord started placing me in churches and listening dozens of teachers was, always be prepared to give and answer for your faith, Pauls statement, I simply said, I understand Lord lets get on with the lesson.

I was and still am nothing but a broom boy in the house of the Lord, it's always been my meager duty to keep the porch swept. But I like siting on the porch step and listening to whats being said inside. Someday perhaps I hope to hear him say broom boy come up here, my ear is pierce on that very door case.

Until then I just sweep the porch.
No problems with the military terminology. :) As to the rest that you said, it has touched a deep place. SHALOM to you.