7 PAGAN FESTIVALS WE STILL CELEBRATE TODAY ~ under the guise of Christian celebrations and names.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know about Jews for Jesus. But they are not protestant. Great stuff but they have no historical lineage to the Jewish-Christians of the 1st century.
Does this statement of faith sound protestant?

The Scriptures​

We believe that the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments are divinely inspired, verbally and completely inerrant in the original writings and of supreme and final authority in all matters of faith and life. We recognize the value of traditional Jewish literature, but only where it is supported by or conformable to the Word of God. We regard it as in no way binding upon life or faith.

The Nature of God​

We believe in one sovereign God, existing in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit, perfect in holiness, infinite in wisdom, unbounded in power and measureless in love; that God is the source of all creation and that through the immediate exercise of His power all things came into being.

The Father​

We believe that God the Father is the author of eternal salvation, having loved the world and given His Son for its redemption.

The Son​

We believe that Jesus the Messiah was eternally pre-existent and is co-equal with God the Father; that He took on Himself the nature of man through the virgin birth so that He possesses both divine and human natures. We believe in His sinless life and perfect obedience to the Law; in His atoning death, burial, bodily resurrection, ascension into heaven, high-priestly intercession and His personal return in power and glory.

The Holy Spirit​

We believe that the Holy Spirit is co-equal and co-eternal with the Father and the Son; that He was active in the creation of all things and continues to be so in providence; that He convicts the world of sin, righteousness and judgment, and that He regenerates, sanctifies, baptizes, indwells, seals, illumines, guides and bestows His gifts upon all believers.

Mankind​

We believe that God created man in His image; that because of the disobedience of our first parents at the Garden of Eden they lost their innocence and both they and their descendants, separated from God, suffer physical and spiritual death and that all human beings, with the exception of Jesus the Messiah, are sinners by nature and practice. We believe that Jesus the Messiah died for our sins, according to the Scriptures, as a representative and substitutionary sacrifice; that all who believe in Him are justified, not by any works of righteousness they have done, but by His perfect righteousness and atoning blood and that there is no other name under heaven by which we must be saved.

Israel​

We believe that Israel exists as a covenant people through whom God continues to accomplish His purposes and that the Church is an elect people in accordance with the New Covenant, comprising both Jews and Gentiles who acknowledge Jesus as Messiah and Redeemer. We believe that Jesus the Messiah will return personally in order to consummate the prophesied purposes concerning His kingdom.

The Resurrection​

We believe in the bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, the everlasting blessedness of the saved and the everlasting conscious punishment of the lost.

Learn More​

If you are curious about our beliefs, or have have any questions, you are welcome to chat with one of our representatives.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Brother, friend I posted the full chapter in a better translation. It is clealy making idols.
Hebrew was my first Language as such I know the translation I posted is nearest to Hebrew.
Also, one does not put on decorations with a hammer and nails.

Jeremiah 10​

King James Version​

10 Hear ye the word which the Lord speaketh unto you, O house of Israel:
2 Thus saith the Lord, Learn not the way of the heathen, and be not dismayed at the signs of heaven; for the heathen are dismayed at them.
3 For the customs of the people are vain: for one cutteth a tree out of the forest, the work of the hands of the workman, with the axe.
4 They deck it with silver and with gold; they fasten it with nails and with hammers, that it move not.
5 They are upright as the palm tree, but speak not: they must needs be borne, because they cannot go. Be not afraid of them; for they cannot do evil, neither also is it in them to do good.
6 Forasmuch as there is none like unto thee, O Lord; thou art great, and thy name is great in might.
7 Who would not fear thee, O King of nations? for to thee doth it appertain: forasmuch as among all the wise men of the nations, and in all their kingdoms, there is none like unto thee.
8 But they are altogether brutish and foolish: the stock is a doctrine of vanities.
9 Silver spread into plates is brought from Tarshish, and gold from Uphaz, the work of the workman, and of the hands of the founder: blue and purple is their clothing: they are all the work of cunning men.
10 But the Lord is the true God, he is the living God, and an everlasting king: at his wrath the earth shall tremble, and the nations shall not be able to abide his indignation.
11 Thus shall ye say unto them, The gods that have not made the heavens and the earth, even they shall perish from the earth, and from under these heavens.

12 He hath made the earth by his power, he hath established the world by his wisdom, and hath stretched out the heavens by his discretion.
13 When he uttereth his voice, there is a multitude of waters in the heavens, and he causeth the vapours to ascend from the ends of the earth; he maketh lightnings with rain, and bringeth forth the wind out of his treasures.
14 Every man is brutish in his knowledge: every founder is confounded by the graven image: for his molten image is falsehood, and there is no breath in them.
15 They are vanity, and the work of errors: in the time of their visitation they shall perish.
16 The portion of Jacob is not like them: for he is the former of all things; and Israel is the rod of his inheritance: The Lord of hosts is his name.
17 Gather up thy wares out of the land, O inhabitant of the fortress.
18 For thus saith the Lord, Behold, I will sling out the inhabitants of the land at this once, and will distress them, that they may find it so.
19 Woe is me for my hurt! my wound is grievous; but I said, Truly this is a grief, and I must bear it.
20 My tabernacle is spoiled, and all my cords are broken: my children are gone forth of me, and they are not: there is none to stretch forth my tent any more, and to set up my curtains.
21 For the pastors are become brutish, and have not sought the Lord: therefore they shall not prosper, and all their flocks shall be scattered.
22 Behold, the noise of the bruit is come, and a great commotion out of the north country, to make the cities of Judah desolate, and a den of dragons.
23 O Lord, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps.
24 O Lord, correct me, but with judgment; not in thine anger, lest thou bring me to nothing.
25 Pour out thy fury upon the heathen that know thee not, and upon the families that call not on thy name: for they have eaten up Jacob, and devoured him, and consumed him, and have made his habitation desolate.
Why would a Christian bring a tree in his home and decorate it?

Jeremiah 10:2-4 (KJV)
2 Thus saith the LORD, Learn not the way of the heathen, and be not dismayed at the signs of heaven; for the heathen are dismayed at them. 3 For the customs of the people are vain: for one cutteth a tree out of the forest, the work of the hands of the workman, with the axe. 4 They deck it with silver and with gold; they fasten it with nails and with hammers, that it move not.

And Santa? "He knows if you've been sleeping. He knows if you're awake. He knows if you've been bad or good."

A description of Jesus. Why do many of the most wicked people on Earth celebrate Christmas?

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does this statement of faith sound protestant?

The Scriptures​

We believe that the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments are divinely inspired, verbally and completely inerrant in the original writings and of supreme and final authority in all matters of faith and life. We recognize the value of traditional Jewish literature, but only where it is supported by or conformable to the Word of God. We regard it as in no way binding upon life or faith.

The Nature of God​

We believe in one sovereign God, existing in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit, perfect in holiness, infinite in wisdom, unbounded in power and measureless in love; that God is the source of all creation and that through the immediate exercise of His power all things came into being.

The Father​

We believe that God the Father is the author of eternal salvation, having loved the world and given His Son for its redemption.

The Son​

We believe that Jesus the Messiah was eternally pre-existent and is co-equal with God the Father; that He took on Himself the nature of man through the virgin birth so that He possesses both divine and human natures. We believe in His sinless life and perfect obedience to the Law; in His atoning death, burial, bodily resurrection, ascension into heaven, high-priestly intercession and His personal return in power and glory.

The Holy Spirit​

We believe that the Holy Spirit is co-equal and co-eternal with the Father and the Son; that He was active in the creation of all things and continues to be so in providence; that He convicts the world of sin, righteousness and judgment, and that He regenerates, sanctifies, baptizes, indwells, seals, illumines, guides and bestows His gifts upon all believers.

Mankind​

We believe that God created man in His image; that because of the disobedience of our first parents at the Garden of Eden they lost their innocence and both they and their descendants, separated from God, suffer physical and spiritual death and that all human beings, with the exception of Jesus the Messiah, are sinners by nature and practice. We believe that Jesus the Messiah died for our sins, according to the Scriptures, as a representative and substitutionary sacrifice; that all who believe in Him are justified, not by any works of righteousness they have done, but by His perfect righteousness and atoning blood and that there is no other name under heaven by which we must be saved.

Israel​

We believe that Israel exists as a covenant people through whom God continues to accomplish His purposes and that the Church is an elect people in accordance with the New Covenant, comprising both Jews and Gentiles who acknowledge Jesus as Messiah and Redeemer. We believe that Jesus the Messiah will return personally in order to consummate the prophesied purposes concerning His kingdom.

The Resurrection​

We believe in the bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, the everlasting blessedness of the saved and the everlasting conscious punishment of the lost.

Learn More​

If you are curious about our beliefs, or have have any questions, you are welcome to chat with one of our representatives.

Like I said I know about the Jews for Jesus....it is good stuff....Do they have simular beliefs :vgood:
But still their history is not from protest churches.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Because Christians celebrate Christmas…friends and family.
I would say the tree is an old custom but it really is not that old.

Deck the halls with boughs of holly
Fa-la-la-la-la, la-la-la-la
'Tis the season to be jolly

So we cannot blame this one on the Pagans…..
Same thing goes for the Yule Log…..

Now you can blame the date of Christmas on Emperor Constantine and the Ecumenical Council.... sort of the winter solstice is on December 21.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because Christians celebrate Christmas…friends and family.
I would say the tree is an old custom but it really is not that old.

Deck the halls with boughs of holly
'Tis the season to be jolly

So we cannot blame this one on the Pagans…..
Same thing goes for the Yule Log…..

Now you can blame the date of Christmas on Emperor Constantine and the Ecumenical Council.... sort of the winter solstice is on December 21.
IOW, Christmas has nothing to do with Jesus. And that's why unbelievers LOVE Christmas. If Christmas had anything to do with Jesus unbelievers would HATE it!

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
IOW, Christmas has nothing to do with Jesus. And that's why unbelievers LOVE Christmas. If Christmas had anything to do with Jesus unbelievers would HATE it!

LOL For one it is kind of in the name....Christmas

Two it is a day for celebrating His birth.

The Pagan holiday that more less coincides with it does not have any similarities with Christmas.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Context matters, Jer 10 is about Idols.
they have made the wordly version of love their god and have bowed before its inclusivity .
Folks can make anything a idol my friend .
When one embraces a love that rejoices NOT in TRUTH but rather inquity , in a lie , THEN they have made
a bed decked with death unto themselves . That image , that version of love they embrace
does not rejoice IN TRUTH but rather in a lie that will not save them . And who do you suppose
would sell such a love , a lie unto the masses to gather them as one under IT . think long
and hard before anwering that question . But a hint i will give you , THE DRAGON WOULD .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why would a Christian bring a tree in his home and decorate it?

Jeremiah 10:2-4 (KJV)
2 Thus saith the LORD, Learn not the way of the heathen, and be not dismayed at the signs of heaven; for the heathen are dismayed at them. 3 For the customs of the people are vain: for one cutteth a tree out of the forest, the work of the hands of the workman, with the axe. 4 They deck it with silver and with gold; they fasten it with nails and with hammers, that it move not.

And Santa? "He knows if you've been sleeping. He knows if you're awake. He knows if you've been bad or good."

A description of Jesus. Why do many of the most wicked people on Earth celebrate Christmas?
why o why would any who names the name of Christ celebrate helloween . That should be a startling
thing , and yet most do . Timothy got beat down and two days later died , exposing what the church now thinks is cute and harmless .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ponder on this jack .
Some in churches , though this number grows smaller by the day and hour , would
not dress up in rainbows and etc to celebrate pride day .
And if you asked these why not , they would answer right and say because it is sin .
YET they dress up on helloween and say ITS OKAY .
but isnt a day that honors spirits , the day of the dead , witches and goblins , EVIL . IS that not SIN as well .
People pick and choose a lot . I say honor no sin , participate in no way with sin at all .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Dan Clarkston

Dec 16, 2023
Denver Colorado
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is your problem with Worshiping Jesus?

There is NO problem with worshiping Jesus

The problem is that this world has taken over the annual celebration that represents the birth of Jesus and has made it in to a commercialized, carnal minded, man made religious joke that Christians have no business being a part of because it's not of God!

Dan, what is your problem with worshipping Jesus our Lord, God and Savior?

I don't participate in this world's definition of celebrating Jesus' birth because I'm not of this world.
If you want to be friends with this world then you go right ahead and enjoy the fruits of darkness.

I'll do what the Lord is leading me to do which is worship Him in Spirit and in Truth and those that want to play fake religious games with the world can step off and mind their own business!

Reactions: The Learner

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't participate in this world's definition of celebrating Jesus' birth because I'm not of this world.

The whole point of your posts is that you are better than other people. That make you much much lower in God's eyes.....But you can be a legend in your own mind.

Adrift

Apr 1, 2024
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I like Christmas. When our children were small, I used the star on top of our tree to explain the star in the east that the Magi saw. We also always had a manger scene in the house and it also helped tell the story of Christ's birth. I don't care about the true origins of Christmas or what date we choose. I use it to glorify God. I am all for any holiday that focuses on the Lord. It might not be that way in your house, but I'm talking about mine. I've always enjoyed repurposing things. I may be sinning, but it doesn't feel that way in my heart.

• Love

Dan Clarkston

Dec 16, 2023
Denver Colorado
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I may be sinning, but it doesn't feel that way in my heart.

If that ere really true, you would not be having thoughts that "I may be sinning"

There are spiritual implications for embracing celebrations the Lord never instructed His people to be a part of as this ends up being an open for demons to enter in to a person's life and cause a lot of problems and the person is clueless about why bad stuff is always coming upon them.

Some people think halloween's celebration of darkness and death glorifies God

Adrift

Apr 1, 2024
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If that ere really true, you would not be having thoughts that "I may be sinning"

There are spiritual implications for embracing celebrations the Lord never instructed His people to be a part of as this ends up being an open for demons to enter in to a person's life and cause a lot of problems and the person is clueless about why bad stuff is always coming upon them.

Some people think halloween's celebration of darkness and death glorifies God
Some people are just stupid

• Love